Pro Wrestling Only

Free Agency

Grimmas

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure? I requested Keichi Yamada be added to the Free Agent list more than 24 hrs after I picked up Terry Boy. I'm pretty sure AJPW and NJPW were waiting for me to pick up Ymamada and cut one of my guys. What am I missing here?

A mistake on my end.

Wait... isn't Yamada=Liger?

If not, who is he?

MY mistake, as well! KeiICHI Yamada is Liger. KeiSUKE Yamada is one of my Osaka Pro drinking buddies (which is why it would be kind of a dick move/I would be all butt-hurt if somebody else snagged him after I requested he be added):

76320_10150092493195358_299061_n.jpg?oh=

154682_10150092493215358_3500401_n.jpg?o

1918693_242034585357_5644654_n.jpg?oh=60

The man who would be Black Buffalo actually had a dark match on the IWA Death Match Tourney card (twenty years ago last week):

Keisuke Yamada & Keizo Matsuda defeated Yoshihiro Tajiri & Taisuke Tagami via pinfall (11:44)

It was while researching Tajiri that I found out my old drinking buddy (although he himself doesn't imbibe) was already active in '95.

I am genuinely curious if SirEdger or LowBlowPodcast were trying to steal him from me, or if they were after the guy I want to cut to make room for him.

Also, if I do get him, I maybe need to figure out a different gimmick for him, since Black Buffalo is pretty Osaka-specific (Orix Buffaloes Baseball Team).

Cheers. And... I guess All Japan and New Japan (and UWFi and FMW) can fight over who gets Satoshi "Joe-Joe Lee" Kojima, whom I am cutting to make room for Black Buffalo. (I think he'll keep the name for now, it can be a heel thing, supporting another city's team).

Does anyone else buy Negro Casas: UWFi worker. Cuz...you know...maybe? I could see that working. He's one of the few luchadores that I could see working that style. Kinda.

For the love of god someone pick up Negro Casas so I don't have to throw out the 8months of cards I've put together and rethink everything :)

As I'm putting fantasy cards together. I'm coming to realize that more doesn't necessarily equal better. Apparently, it really is possible to have too much of a good thing. If Liger the and Ultimo Dragon both got dropped tomorrow... of course I'd add them... but it would mean more wrestlers doing jobs when I'd prefer to put them over, more guys stuck in the mid-card when I'd rather be moving them up the ladder. My opinion (and of course you may not agree) is that we both need more young guys and cannon fodder... if we need anything at all. More top-line workers might just create log jams.

Oh I agree. That's why I drafted guys like Tatsuo Nakano, Miyato, Osamu Kido, Yatsu instead of picking up Kohsaka & Yamamoto who are younger, could immediately be put in a drawing position against certain opponents and are great wrestlers.

I mean, I have guys like Regal & Finlay and in 2016 we say "Oh shit, Regal & Finlay." But really, Regal & Finlay didn't mean jack shit in Japan in 1995.

Casas is sort of a guy like that. He doesn't have much/if any value as a "draw" but is a veteran superworker so he can help younger guys along and can lose because he's not really a guy being counted on to draw. Unless someone was trying to turn him into a star of course. Casas is valuable precisely because he's not really a guy you could ever build a promotion around in the mid 90s in Japan or the United States so he doesn't have to be protected. His value is that he has good matches and there is always a place for good matches on a wrestling card. :)

I also am running once a monthish won't have everyone work every card. And other than my light heavyweight tournament, the smallest building I'm running over the next 8 months is Sumo Hall. So while I agree I think it is possible to have too much of a good thing for sure, I'd rather have THAT problem than a not enough talent problem. :)

Just wait till UWFi raids All Japan and steals Kawada. The perfect loser to put over everyone :)

His value is that he has good matches and there is always a place for good matches on a wrestling card. :)

while I agree I think it is possible to have too much of a good thing for sure, I'd rather have THAT problem than a not enough talent problem. :)

Good points.

I also agree that Kawada's at his very best when he's putting other people over. Then again, that's probably true of the vast majority of great pro wrestlers.

I'm wondering if the following could be added to the list (sorry if they're on the list or were in the draft and I overlooked them when I was cross referencing shows:

1. Dick Murdoch had his last match 5/96 against Fujiwara (and should probably team with Terry Funk in FMW going for the Brass Knucks tag titles)

2. James Stone (Little Guido) had been in UWFi and working US indies. Could be a good fit for anyone obviously.

3. Halloween/Ciclope - Did he ever work WAR or wherever Damian 666 worked to get on the list? Those two were like the poor man's version of Rey/Psic in that they went everywhere together. There could be a sweet lucha invasion of FMW :)

4. VIctor Zangiev

5. Salman Hashimikov

Last 2 are big russians who worked the first ever Tokyo Dome show (Zangiev had that classic match with Hashimoto) and went on to be frequently used gaijin by UWfi.