Pro Wrestling Only

Kamala vs. The Invader (2/22/86)

El Boricua

Oh man these two are fucking nailing each other to start Invader with punches and Kamala with the overhand chop. Invader gets busted open early but keeps firing back and fights back with eye raking. But Kamala just kills him with headbutts. This is fucking awesome. Kamala is busted open bleeding all over the place desperately throwing right hands and trying to fight back while stumbling around as Kamala just continues to chop him into oblivion. Eventually the ref stops the match because Invader 1 lost possibly all of the blood in his body. This was a super fun just brutal beat down. Loved it.

This match flowed right into the next match isn't listed on the disc or match listings and I assume wasn't meant to go on. But lets review it ayway

Al Perez vs Abdullah the Butcher Mystery Match

Starts with both guys brawling outside the ring on the baseball field. Al perez is dressed like a Rocker. Weird. Abby immediately goes to the fork. Oh god Bobby Jaggers on commentary just told us this is called “Bloodies of the Bloody Matches” so I’m sure this is going to be bad after that last Invader blade job. Abby throws powder in his eyes and gets dq’d but continues the beatdown post match. Eventually Abby finishes kicking his ass and Perez saves face by being held back by 2 refs when Abby has walked off. Blade job not as bad as Invader’s. Not even the same ball park.. Abby eventually does come back out with a 2x4 and wacks Perez in the face with it really fucking hard. This was forgettable.

• 2 weeks later...
For a six minute extended squash, this was fucking tremendous. I'd seen a couple Invader matches before watching this set, but I had pretty much zero recollection of how good he may or may not have been. This is his second singles match on the set, though, and I already feel comfortable saying he's one of the best blood loss sellers I've ever seen. Kamala basically chops him in the head for the entirety of this and Invader just bleeds and bleeds and bleeds. By the end he's an absolute mess, but the selling is what really does the blade job justice. Sometimes guys will hit a total gusher and visually it'll look gruesome, but they don't really sell it to put it over the top. Like, they don't do anything differently than they would have had they not been bleeding all over the place. If you're a bloodthirsty vampire like myself then the blood alone is usually enough to keep you happy, but you'll appreciate it when someone goes the extra mile. Invader goes the extra mile. He stumbles and staggers, can't quite stand up properly, tries to fight back, but it's an uphill battle when he's losing blood like he is. The more he loses the weaker he becomes, the less he can put behind his blows, and on top of it all Kamala is relentless. Kamala was actually really fun in this as well. He's mostly about throwing chops, but he shows some vulnerability when Invader makes his brief comebacks and at one point he licks up some of Invader's blood Pirata Morgan style. I might end up overrating this on the final ballot, but it felt like one of the best matches of its ilk I've seen in a long time.

I can't get enough of the stadium settings for WWC shows. Just love it. Invader bleeds early from biting, and we settle into Kamala chops & strikes vs. Invader punches. Just a solid, effective big vs. small that's absolutely made by Invader doing a monster juice job. Just bleeding buckets, but oddly it doesn't make its way to the mat for quite some time. His face is a total mess and super gross. Love it! The ref eventually calls for a blood stoppage and doctors check on him as his face looks like the handiwork of Dr. Lecter. Best Kamala match ever?

With added time and a hot comeback this might've risen to something great, but it was still an incredibly fun spectacle.

**3/4

• 1 year later...

Invader 1 is really great in this. He might be one of the top bleeders in pro wrestling history after watching the set through multiple times. And he's really good at selling and building sympathy, even while mounting comebacks. Kamala keeps up a pretty good pace here. The blood licking was a nice touch too. For what this match was it was absolutely perfect.

Kamala vs. The Invader (Puerto Rico 02/22/1986)

I'm only used to Kamala in the WWF but watched this random match from Puerto Rico. Starts off with them just nailing each other with punches until Invader quickly gets worn down by chop after chop after chop to the head by Kamala.

Kamala also bites the forehead whilst Invader is stick on the ropes and he's now busted open. The mstch is only like a minute or so gone. Kamala just continues to pound on him with more chops and now big headbutts. Invader tries to fight back but Kamala just won't let him and delivers another headbutt that knocks Invader flat on the mat.

Kamala then looks like he's going to do a big splash, but instead delivers another headbutt. He shows zero mercy here as he continues to club poor Invaders' head in. Invader is bleeding like the proverbial but Kamala is going for the punch record here as he won't stop hitting him.

Invader is still on the mat as Kamala briefly backs away......before going straight back with more chops to his head. Blood is gushing down Invader here but Kamala carries on chopping. Invader attempts a comeback now. He's a bloody mess but is fighting back with what little strength he's got left.

Kamala though just overpowers him with more clubs to the head and he's back down on the mat. The ref asks Invader if he wants to stop the match, but Invader says no.....so Kamala continues to pound on his just about in one piece head.

Just finish the poor guy.

Nope. Kamala clubs him some more and starts biting his head again. Yup, more chops and Kamala actually licks Invaders' blood off his hands just to rub it fucking in. Invader is up again but is soon back down by the continuous chops by Kamala.

He's a damn mess with all the blood he's losing and I doubt he knows where he is. It's all running on instinct as he still has a go at coming back with a few punches, but he's too out of it to properly hurt Kamala. Kamala goes back to chop after chop before finally the ref stops the match.

Fuck. Talk about a chopping squash. It was though a fun brutal beat down. Invader hot chopped to death and still attempted to try and fight back, made you feel for the guy big time as he was bleeding like crazy by the end. They do a close up shot if his face and it's a full on crimson red mask.

All in under 10 minutes and it was a pretty fucking great squash.