Pro Wrestling Only

RIZIN is the best pro wrestling company right now

GOTNW

• 11 months later...

I agree. RIZIN is amazing.

Yumiko Hotta rope running at the start of her fight with Gabi Garcia was hilarious.

Speaking of, Gabi is fighting Shinobu Kandori on NYE who she was originally scheduled to fight last year, but Kandori had to pull out due to an injurt and Gabi ended up fighting Yumiko.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, Gabi missed weight by 26 lbs. I thought the entire thing was a work as Kandori stormed off the stage when Gabi weighed in, but Gabi kept tweeting photos smiling and shilling stuff and kept on tweeting she wasn't going to speak until a decision was made.

Then the fight got officially dropped and that entire fiasco in the ring occurred. Gabi said she missed weight because of her menstruation cycle and she other physical problems, so it seemed like a bad weight cut.

The NYE event was great though.

• 3 months later...

DaBUIokVMAAJHB2.jpg

RIZIN 10
May 6, 2018
Fukuoka, JP (Marine Messe Fukuoka)

Kyoji Horiguchi (60.8 kg) vs. Ian McCall (60.75 kg) - Horiguchi, KO (punch), R1 (0:09)
RIZIN Kickboxing Rules: Tenshin Nasukawa (57.85 kg) vs. Yusaku Nakamura (57.85 kg) - Nasukawa, KO (punch), R1 (1:42)
Kanna Asakura (48.75 kg) vs. Melissa Karagianis (48.95 kg) - Asakura, DEC (unanimous)
Diego Nunes (69.75 kg) vs. Yusuke Yachi (69.75 kg) - Yachi, DEC (split)
Daron Cruickshank (69.85 kg) vs. Koshi Matsumoto (69.95 kg) - Cruickshank, KO (head kick), R1 (3:58)
RIZIN Kickboxing Rules: Issei Ishii (51.4 kg) vs. Daishin Sakai (51.3 kg) - Ishii, DEC (unanimous)
Manel Kape (59.0 kg) vs. Kai Asakura (58.9 kg) - Asakura, DEC (split)
Ayaka Hamasaki (48.85 kg) vs. Alyssa Garcia (49.0 kg) - Hamasaki, DEC (unanimous)
Ante Delija (110.3 kg) vs. Ricardo Prasel (107.25 kg) - Delija, DEC (unanimous)
Jarzinho Rozenstruik (111.3 kg) vs. Andrey Kovalev (103.4 kg) - Rozenstruik, DEC (split)
Kanako Murata (53.6 kg) vs. Lanchana Green (53.7 kg) - Murata, SUB (anaconda choke), R1 (4:52)
RIZIN Kickboxing Rules: Tomohiro Kitai (62.8 kg) vs. Darvish Kurogi (62.85 kg) - DRAW (split)

Cancelled Bouts:
Kanako Murata vs. Zhang Weili - Injury to Weili (Shoulder)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone watching RIZIN 10?

First intermission (4:39 AM EST):

Most of the fights have been pretty forgettable. Kitai/Kurogi and Rozenstruik/Kovalev had their moments when they got wild, but not enough to really make them worth going out of your way to watch. Rozenstruik got a yellow card for greasing.

Murata looked good. She got hit with an elbow during a takedown and her eye was almost closed shut, but she still managed to pull of an strong anaconda choke.

I'm bummed Lyss lost, but she looked good against Hamasaki. She needs to work on her striking a lot, but her sprawls and sub defense are pretty good.

Asakura vs. Kape has been FOTN so far. The first round was fireworks for the most part and both guys looked really good. Close fight that could have gone either way, but I thought based on the RIZIN judging criteria, Kape should have won. Far from a robbery however.

• 2 months later...

RIZIN 11 is on the 29th. I'm not deep enough into MMA to know most of the people on the card, but there is a Takanori Gomi vs Melvin Guillard fight on the card that at least has names I know. 

From wikipedia:

Rizin 11
Weight Class       Method Round Time Notes
Super Atomweight 49 kg Japan Kanna Asakura vs. Japan Rena Kubota        
Catchweight 60 kg Japan Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Japan Hiromasa Ogikubo        
Light Heavyweight 93 kg Czech Republic Jiří Procházka vs. Brazil Bruno Cappelozza        
Lightweight 73 kg Japan Takanori Gomi vs. United States Melvin Guillard        
Lightweight 70 kg Japan Satoru Kitaoka vs. Brazil Diego Brandao        
Openweight Japan Shoma Shibisai vs. Mongolia Unurjargal Boldpurev        
Flyweight 57 kg Japan Rin Nakai vs. Japan Shizuka Sugiyama        
Super Atomweight 49 kg Japan Saori Ishioka vs. Japan Miyuu Yamamoto        
Catchweight 59 kg  Thailand Topnoi Thanongsaklek vs. Japan Tadaaki Yamamoto        
Lightweight 70 kg  United States Daron Cruickshank vs. Brazil Tom Santos        

• 5 months later...

So apparently Floyd's RIZIN debut was a not very well disguised work. 

I would assume based on the fight being announced, un-announced, then announced again that the plan was probably for it to be at least somewhat legit at one point. Floyd probably kept insisting on more and more rules and restrictions until it ended up the farce that took place. 

(also insert joke about Floyd being functionally illiterate and then signing a deal with a Japanese company)