UNIVERSAL WRESTLING FEDERATION (UWF)

kevinmcfl

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

WRESTLING:

3/29/1986

BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA

RIVER CENTER ARENA

MAGNUM TA DEFEATS ALBERT MIKE GEORGE WITH THE BELLY TO BELLY IN 31 SECONDS

At the interview desk, we see a quick video of TA & Rick Martel defeating the Koloffs last week in Jacksonville as TA hit the belly to belly on Ivan.

Magnum TA: Nikita Koloff! All of the people of the UWF know what you have been doing around here. From what you have done to the American Dream Dusty Rhodes to what you have done to the King of Memphis, Jerry Lawler. Well it is time you pay for what you have done. Everyone knows the UWF title is a very prestigious title and I coming to take it from you. Make no mistake about it, Nikita Koloff. The party is over! You won’t be sitting around drinking anymore vodka living on easy street. You better have eyes in the back of your head cause that UWF title is coming home to America.

ROAD WARRIORS DEFEAT THE MEMPHIS BRUISE BROTHERS WITH THE DOOMSDAY DEVICE ON CASH.

Hawk: Weeeelllllll the time has come. It is time for the Anderson’s to run. Run or else stay and get the worst beating of your lives! Tell um Animal!

Animal: That’s right Hawk. Ole and Arn Anderson be ready for the fight of your life. Tonight, in Greensboro, North Carolina we are going to beat you from pillar to post and take that those NWA Tag Team titles and put them right where they belong…. Around the waists of the most dominating team this sport has ever seen!

Paul Ellering: That’s right Jim Ross, next week when you see the Road Warriors they will be wearing gold and another thing… you won’t be seeing the Anderson’s next week!

THE FANTASTICS DEFEATED LARRY CHEATUM & BILL HOWEND AS BOBBY FULTON HOT THE FANTASTIC FLIP

While the Fantastics have not been in the area for a while, they are world famous and the crowd popped as soon as they came out with Sharpe Dressed Man blaring from the speakers. Their energy and charisma were not lost on the fans. We find out that they are in town for the NWA National Tag Team Title Match on Monday night in Nashville.

The interview gets interrupted by Jim Cornett, the Midnight Express and Dirty Dick Slater!

Jim Cornette: Well, well, well, if it is not the Fantastics. Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers back in town thinking they are going to take the National Tag Titles with them. Well listen up you two bozos. While you might be fantastic, the Midnight Express are the greatest tag team in wrestling today and we are going to beat you within an inch of your lives!

As the Fantastics inch toward the Express, Dirty Dick Slater steps up as Lance Russell begs for peace.

Jim Cornette: Oh before you two pretty boys get any ideas, notice the newest member of Camp Cornette, the Continental Champion, Dick Slater. Tell these morons why!

Dick Slater: I told you I came here as the #1 free agent in the game today and I would go to whoever paid me the most money and helped me get the gold. Well I got the gold on my own and Cornette decided to give me ½ of his winnings from the Crockett Cup. How could I turn down that cash to be in the greatest alliance in wrestling today!

Jim Cornette: That’s right, what does money really mean to me. Momma has so much we don’t know what to do with it so I just added the best fighter in the game! Show them all what I mean Dick!

WHAM! Slater steps right up and clocks Fulton and the 3-2 brawl is on.

LEX LUGER WITH BABY DOLL DEFEATS IVAN KOLOFF BY DQ AS NIKITA RUSHED THE RING AS IVAN WAS UP IN THE BACKBREAKER RACK.

As Luger and Koloff had a nice little brawl in the ring, Magnum TA hits the ring and the duo of Lex and Magnum was too much for the Koloffs who headed for the hills. Baby Doll takes the lead at the interview desk where she really plays up the fact that when she comes back next week, she will have the two hottest guys on her arms. She also hypes up the fact that Lex is going to take the UWF title from Nikita this week in the Omni.

“DR. D” DAVID SCHULTZ DESTROYS KEN RAPER WHEN HE FOLLOWED UP A FOREARM SMASH WITH A PILEDRIVER

Schultz is really nasty in his first interview in the UWF. He puts down everything from the fans to all the talentless wrestlers around. The one thing he did seem to like was that tall blonde who was just out with the loser Luger. He invited Baby Doll to come and be with a real man!

ROCK n ROLL EXPRESS + JEFF JARRETT DEFEAT VERLON BIGGS, TOM FOX AND HOMER DELL WITH THE DOUBLE DROPKICK

At the interview desk, the Rock n Roll Express praise Jeff Jarrett and saw even though he is young, he has something that you need to have in this sport and that’s guts. The also go on to mock Buddy Landell who has already lost twice to Jarrett in his first two matches. As the the Rock n Roll Express head off stage and leave their new tag partner to do his other job which is announcing, Lance informs us that it will be the RnR Express with Jeff against the Hollywood Blondes in Nashville this Thursday.

When we come back from break, we see the medics at the interview desk with a stretcher which they are placing Jeff Jarrett onto. His father and the Rock N Roll Expree are with him as Lance explains that Rip Oliver and the other Hollywood Blondes (Rip Rogers and Buddy Landell) came out and roughed up Jarrett as the Crippler Rip Oliver actually hit Jarret with a piledriver on the concrete floor.

After we see Jarrett carted off and his father going with him, we hear from an enraged Rock n Roll Express and how they are going to get even with the Hollywood Blondes this week in Nashville.

STEVE “DR. DEATH” BEAT KENDELL WINDHAM WHEN HE CONNECTED WITH A FOOTBALL TACKLE AFTER SKANDAR AKBAR DISTRACTED WINDHAM.

For no good reason at all, Akbar signals to the back and the Barbarian hits the ring and really lay the boots to Windham. After a minute or two, Sam Houston comes out but he is met with the same rough tactics. Eventually we get order restored but after the break we see Devastation Inc at the interview desk where they are sick and tired of all the praise that has been given to the Texas Tornados. They believe that they are the #1 team in the UWF and claim that they deserve a shot at the Road Warriors and that they are going to prove that this week in Atlanta when the crush Sam Houston and Kendell Windham.

DICK MURDOCH BEATS SHASKA WHATLEY WITH ERNIE LADD WITH THE BRAINBUSTER.

While the fans loved seeing the Nation of Domination go down in defeat, they were surprised when Captain Redneck hit a second Brainbuster on Shaska. Ladd was furious and rushed the ring and went after Murdoch.

What happens next confused everyone as another huge black man standing nearly 6’6 and 350 pounds hits the ring and goes after Ladd and then he turns back and has words with Dick Murdoch. Lance Russell is confused by all this but gets nowhere with his interview as every just walks off stage.

BIG BUBBA OTTMAN WITH RON WRIGHT DESTROYS SCOTT ARMSTRONG AS HE HIT A GIANT SPLASH IN LESS THEN A MINUTE.

For no good reason, Ron Wright brings out his “knucklebuster” and is about to whack Armstrong but they get chased off by a rather strange pair as Bullet Bob Armstrong hits the ring with the Tennessee Stud, Ron Fuller.

Lance Russell: Well I can’t believe my eyes. Is Ron Fuller and Bob Armstrong on the same side.

Ron Fuller: Well Lance, sometimes what brings people together is a common enemy. I have been watching what Wright has been doing around here. Bringing in these goons like Baron Von Raschke, the Dirty White Boy and Big Bubba Ottman just to rid the UWF of all the “unchristian” wrestlers. Now that is a great big pile of hogwash! The Fullers and the Armstongs aint always been on the same side but we have never sided with the Nazis. I mean that is as Unchristian” as you can get. So for now, Bob and I are the same side and have the same goal which is to rid the UWF of Ron Wright!

EXOTIC ADRIAN STREET & TOMMY RICH WITH MISS LINDA DEFEAT THE LONG RIDERS (BASS & BART)

Even in a wild brawl like this, Exotic Adrian Street keeps everyone guessing and what is coming next. After he hit Bass with a lowblow, the ref went to admonish him and he kissed the ref! In the end, Street catches Bart in a roll up after Miss. Linda sprayed the perfume bottle. Wildfire is all smiles and is enjoying this one. Again, Rich has helped to put Street over with the fans.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, Ron Fuller and Bob Armstrong...on the same side! That's very bad news for the Wright Army. Speaking of same sides, how about Magnum TA and Baby Doll. This is why I love this world, anything can happen. Great pairing with Slater and Cornette. The Texas Tornados have been on a roll and they will need all that momentum as they face Dr. Death and the Barbarian. Dr. D's promo was classic and he's already making waves in the UWF. Man, looks like Rip Oliver lived up to his "Crippler" name as he really did a number on Jeff Jarrett. Blondes better watch out because RnR is after them. Looking forward to the inevitable classic between the Midnight Express and Fantastics. Lot of exciting things happening in the UWF!

Fuller and Armstrong...together?!? Good bit of booking there. The RnRs befriending Jeff is good for everyone involved. Slater joining up with Corny is an incredible alliance, but I hope it doesn't interfere with the matches between the Fantastics and MXE. Along with the RnRs they are all three in my top 5 tag teams of all time. :)

I guess it makes me a terrible person, but I am kinda sad we didn't get to "see" JJ getting beat up.

Your tag division is on fire right now with the Fantastics vs Midnight Express lined up and ready to go, and with The Road Warriors, Doc & Barbarian, Texas Tornadoes, and The Andersons all ready to mix it up.

Slater is a perfect fit with Cornette for the moment, should fun to watch him do the Midnight's dirty work.

I absolutely love "Dr. D" taking an interest in Baby Doll, Luger is going to be in for some fierce matches soon it looks like.

I like the pairing of Bullet Bob and Ron Fuller but the Bullet better watch his back and not be too quick to trust the Tennessee Stud!.

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

WRESTLING:

4/5/1986

The Garrett Coliseum in Montgomery, Alabama

Hosted by Jim Ross and Lance Russell

Summary Form

The show begins with a video montage of all the highlights from around the UWF over the past week.

• Continental Title Match between Dirty Dick Slater with Jim Cornette and Wildfire Tommy Rich ends in a Double Count Out as the two are brawling all over the arena floor
  • The Midnight Express survive their match against the Fantastics where we see Cornette rush the ring for a tennis racket shot on Bobby Fulton after Fulton connected with a Fantastic Flip on Eaton and was going for the pin. Condrey distracted the ref which allowed Cornette to do the crime.
  • The UWF champ, Nikita Koloff pinned Lex Luger after a Russian Sickle. The two seemed to be going at it pretty even when all of a sudden David Schultz came out and was having words with Baby Doll. Luger noticed this and lost focus which allowed the Russian Nightmare to gain the victory.
  • And we see the Road Warriors celebrating in the ring with the NWA World Tag Team Titles as they defeated the Andersons to win the belts.

Match: Devastation Inc. continues on their path of destruction with a 2-minute beating of Ken Raper and Homer O’Dell

During the match, Lance Russell hyped up the montage and the new NWA World Tag Team Champions as the Road Warriors went up to Greensboro and defeated the Andersons but this did not sit well with Devastation Inc. who came right over to the interview desk after the match.

Skandar Akbar: Here we go again. The UWF and the NWA are scheming against me. The disrespect given to my stable is so obvious. The Road Warriors were given title shot after title shot and each time they failed to defeat the Andersons. My team, Dr. Death Steve Williams and the Barbarian, are undefeated. Each week we see them crush their opponents and how many title shots have they been given. I will tell you, ZERO! Since my men were the #1 contender for the Road Warriors UWF Tag Titles, I believe they should just hand those belts over to us as they defend the world titles.

Cowboy Bill Watts comes out and explains that the UWF loves the competitiveness of its tag team division and they do not want to water it down by adding more champions so the Road Warriors will continue to hold the UWF titles as well as the World Title and the Midnight Express will continue to hold the UWF Southern Titles as well as the NWA National Titles and each time one of these titles is defended within the UWF, the champs will have to put both their titles on the line and each time they defend them in another NWA territory, only the NWA title will be at stake.

Akbar is furious with this news and rants about how the UWF is once again plotting against Devastion Inc. Watts doesn’t seem to care but does inform Akbar that if they continue to do well, Dr. Death and the Barbarian will be in line for a title shot in the near future.

Match: Wahoo McDaniel defeats Cowboy Don Bass after a series of tomahawk chops.

At the interview desk, we see Wahoo with his Indian Headdress on and he is real excited that he has been granted a UWF title shot for this week in Tupelo, Mississippi.

Wahoo McDaniel: I know Nikita is tough but I have never backed down from a fight in my entire life and I am looking forward to standing up for a nation I truly love and taking that UWF title away from that Russian.

Ivan Koloffs comes out and starts arguing with Wahoo about why support the U.S.A. when all they did was steal his land. Wahoo had enough after the dumb injun comment from Ivan and he went on the War Path and chopped Ivan to the ground.

WHAM…. Russian Sickle by the Russian Nigthmare and Wahoo is down. Nikita proceeds to tear the Indian Headdress to pieces and then Ivan and Nikita are back after Wahoo.

The crowd erupts as Magnum TA rushes out.

Belly to Belly on Ivan on the concrete.

WHAM… Russian Sickle on TA by Nikita.

Koloff is enraged and is just going wild on TA. It is obvious he is getting revenge for TA laying him out last week.

The only thing to restore order was a commercial break. Later, a battered TA comes out and he demands that the Koloffs come out as he wants a piece of them. Unfortunately for the fans, this mega matchup never happens as we are informed the Koloffs have already left the building in full celebration mode but the last laugh goes to TA as Cowboy Bill Watts signs a match between TA and Ivan for this week in Tupelo.

Match: Continental Champion “Dirty” Dick Slater with Jim Cornette defeats Brett Wayne Sawyer

At the interview desk, Jim Cornette hypes up the fact that he is the manager of both the UWF Continental Champion and the greatest tag team in wrestling today, the NWA National Tag Team Champions, the Midnight Express.

Lance Russell reminds us all that the only reason they are still the tag champions is Cornett’s tennis racket. This set Cornette off but not as nearly as much as finding out that the Midnight Express will have to defend their titles this week in the Houston County Farm Center in Dothan, Alabama against none other than Stan Lane and Steve Keirn, the Fabulous Ones. The crowd explodes as does Lance Russell who reminds Jim Cornette that the Fab Ones have held the UWF tag titles which is a belt that his Midnight Express has never been able to capture.

Match: “Dr. D” David Schultz defeats Pete Austin with the Piledriver

At the interview desk, Jim Ross wants to know what Schultz was doing last week when he came out during the UWF Title Match between Nikita Koloff and Lex Luger. Ross said it appeared that he was talking to Baby Doll and that to him, it didn’t make any sense!

Dr D: I thought it made perfect sense. I was trying to kill two birds with one stone. First, there is no reason that someone as Perfect as Baby Doll is with a loser like Lex Luger and second, I knew that me coming out there talking to her would mess with his pea brain. I am not a patient man. I want a title shot and I know that Luger is afraid of me so the only way I am going to get one is to play with his mind and steal his girl. Soon I will have a hot blonde and gold around my waist!

Later in the show at the interview desk, we see a steaming Perfect 10 with the Total Package. Baby Doll is very clear that she would spend one moment of her time with someone as sleazy as Schultz while Luger threatens him to stay away or he is going to get hurt.

Match: Eddie Gilbert with Missy Hyatt defeats Dixie Dynamite #1 after Missy distracted Dynamite by getting on the apron and Gilbert came in with the right hand followed by the Hot Shot

Lance Russell wants to know what brings Eddie Gilbert back to the UWF.

Eddie Gilbert: First things first, take a look at this beautiful women to my left. We were down there in Texas and we couldn’t be stopped. I mean unbeatable until that big ugly Fritz VonErich realized we were taking all the spotlight off his incompetent sons. So he started playing games and we were in no mood for games so we came back to the UWF were I have some unfinished business.

Lance Russell: And what might that be?

Missy Hyatt: I will tell you Lance. A couple of years ago my Eddie was wronged up there in Memphis by one Tommy Rich and now we are here to finish him off once and for all.

Lance Russell: Well I remember that feud and it was a doozie but as I remember the problems were not all caused by Wildfire.

Missy Hyatt: Lance. Didn’t your mother ever teach you not to question a women…. Most of all, one that looks like me!

Match: The Rock n Roll Express defeats Ron Paul & Tom Stone with a Double Dropkick on Stone.

At the interview desk, both Morton and Gibson continue to call out the Midnight Express and say they are not going anywhere and when the NWA Board of Directors grants them a title match, they will be more then willing. All of a sudden the Nightmares (Danny Davis and Ken Wayne) come out face paint at all and the fans give them a nice ovation but they are soon surprised to find out that the Nightmares are here to challenge the Rock n Roll Express and claim that is them who deserves that NWA National Tag Title shot. All ends peacefully here but we will have to wait and see.

Match: Rip Oliver defeats Exotic Adrian Street by DQ as Adrian went absolutely nuts on Oliver with a chair after Oliver slapped Miss Linda.

It would be hard to find someone more angry then Exotic Adrian as he was not his usually elegant, prancing self. Not even the other Hollywood Blondes could slow him down as he also connected with chair shots on both Rip Rogers and Buddy Landell. After a commercial break, we find Street and a shaken Miss Linda at the interview desk where Street was almost foaming at the mouth demanding revenge on Oliver.

Later in the show, we find out that it will be Exotic Adrian Street vs Rip Oliver in a Hair vs Hair Match at the Houston County Farm Center

Match: The Ultimate Warrior continues to role of late as he defeats Ron Bass with the Warriors Smash

Match: Kendell Windham defeats Bob Adams with the Running Bulldog. Windham looked real impressive here in his first singles match.

Match: Jeff Jarrett defeated Mike Graham in a nice scientific display by the youngster. In the end, he surprised the old timer with a leap frog to a sunset flip. Both men shook hands after the match.

All of a sudden, Jarrett’s nemesis, Buddy Landell and Rip Rogers come out but Brad Armstrong hits the ring giving the fan favorites a nice advantage. The Hollywood Blondes head for the hills and live to fight another day. Jarrett thanks Brad as Lance Russell reminds us that Jeff is young but is smart enough to align himself with some really great guys.

Pez Whatley/Nation of Domination Interview

Before this match, Pez Whatley was at the interview desk saying that he did not deserve to be kicked out of the Nation of Domination when Ernie Ladd, Hacksaw Reed, Tony and the newest NOD member, Bad Bad LeRoy Brown comes out.

Ernie Ladd: I will tell you why Pez! You are a loser. How can you be a member of the most dominating organization in all of wrestling when all you do is loose.

Pez Whatley: Ernie, I admit that I have not been at my best of late but give me one more chance. I will be anyone you want me to. If I win, I am back in the Nation and if I lose, I will leave the UWF.

Ernie Ladd: Let me get this straight. I can pick anyone in the UWF?

Pez Whatley: Anyone. I promise I will get the job done and show you my worth.

Ernie Ladd: Ok Pez! This week in Dothan, Alabama it will be you vs ……. Bad Bad LeRoy Brown.

Ladd, Atlas and Brown just start laughing as the walk away while Hacksaw Butch Reed is just shaking his head.

Match: Ray Candy & Dick Murdoch vs Big Bubba Ottman and Baron Von Raschke with Ron Wright

This main event match is back and forth as each wrestler gets a little shine. In the end, we see the 350 pound Ray Candy start to impose his will. He has Baron in a bad way and is setting him up for the Giant Splash.

Ron Wright is over yelling at Captain Redneck and Murdoch is pointing at him.

Candy hits the ropes….

Wham!

Murdoch had just caught Wright’s Knucklebuster and clocked Candy over the head.

Jim Ross: Oh now. It can’t be! Murdoch seems to have joined Ron Wright here and they are stompin a mudhole in Candy and walkin it dry.

As the TV show goes to black, we see Murdoch and Baron holding Candy down as Big Bubba Ottman hits the ropes and leaps in the sky for his on Giant Splash. And the crowd erupts as Bob Armstrong and Ron Fuller hit the scene and go wild on Wright’s Army.

I like the idea of starting with a video montage of all the highlights, because there have been a lot of highlights recently and that's a good way to keep track of everything that's been going on.

Devastation Inc. continue on their collision course with the Road Warriors! Plus Midnight Express vs The Fabs. And the Rock n Roll Express vs The Nightmares. That is an amazing line-up of tag team action comig up in the UWF. Texas Tornadoes waiting in the wings, as well.

Dr.D vs Luger is another one I'm looking forward to.

Exotic Adrian Street vs Rip Oliver is the perfect twosome for a Hair vs Hair Match.

Devastation and the Roadies will be a Hell of a feud. Magnum vs. the Koloffs continues to build. Fabs vs. Midnights will be incredible as well. Gilbert coming back home should be fun. Murdoch joining Wright's army will have far reaching implications.

I also like the opening as a way to go through what has been going on. I'll echo the Dr. D v Luger stuff... If Brody gave him problems Shultz will beat the piss out of him. You've got a lot going on here, keep things clear and no doubt uwf will be up there in the nwa as the lead territory especially with the new tag champs.

Lots of great stuff happening in the UWF! I also liked the highlights at the beginning. Oh man, Midnight Express/Fab Ones, RnR/Nightmares, Devastation/Road Warriors, Jarrett and Armstrong/Blondes. Your tag team division is absolutely on fire! Rich and Gilbert will be a wild feud. Great set up for Wahoo and Nikita and adding Magnum in the equation is great booking. I have a feeling Pez will be leaving soon but on the other hand he might get some help from Reed. Very interesting situation there. Wow! Murdoch goes to the dark side. Murdoch makes a very dangerous heel. Looks like Candy might have some strong allies backing him up. One of the best things about Fantasy is we get to see a feud like Dr. D and Luger. I like that Baby Doll will be in the middle of this. I love how everybody on your roster is involved one way or another in some great feuds. That all equals money flowing in the UWF.

Wow, so much going on in the UWF but the thing that stood out to me the most is Koloff destroying Wahoo's head dress. There will be hell to pay for that from the Chief!

Love what you're doing with Shultz/Baby Doll/Luger....this will be fun to watch unfold.

Great promo from Gilbert/Missy to reintroduce them to the UWF.

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

4/11/1986

DOTHAN, ALABAMA

HOUSTON COUNTY FARM CENTER

Hello everybody. Welcome to Crossfire a UWF Wrestling production. We are coming to you from the Houston County Farm Center in Dothan, Alabama. I am Lance Russell and my partner today is my old friend Dave Brown. Well Dave, this has been a wild week here in the UWF.

Dave Brown: That’s right Lance and it all centers on Jim Cornette and his stable of champions. Let’s get to the video tape from last night’s event from right here in Dothan.

A video montage shows highlights of both the Continental Title Match between “Dirty” Dick Slater with Jim Cornette vs Tommy “Wildfire” Rich and the NWA National Title Match between the Midnight Express with Jim Cornette vs the Fab Ones. First, we see Wildfire on a roll against Dirty Dick Slater until Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt hit the ring. Hyatt hits Rich in the head with the loaded purse and Gilbert follows it up with the Hotshot! The ref calls for the bell and it seems like Gilbert cost Rich the title! Next, we see Cornette use that trusty tennis racket as he clocked Stan Lane right in the gut as the ref was distracted. Beautiful Bobby followed it up with the Alabama Jammer for the victory.

Jerry Jarrett is at the interview desk when the video ends and he demands that Jim Cornette comes out right now. When Cornette comes out Jarrett demands an explanation

Jim Cornette: An explanation? You should be giving ne a medal! The Midnight Express and myself basically stopped a riot last night and now I am out here being accused of some sort of cheating.

Jerry Jarrett: A riot? What are you talking about.

Jim Cornette: You allowed Stan Lane and Steve Keirn to come out to the ring performing some sort of strip tease. The women around here are used to looking at cows and other four-legged creatures that they were all basically in heat. I mean look at what they call men around here. Those women were swarming and I had to come up with a plan to get the greatest tag team in wrestling today back to the locker room safely.

Jerry Jarrett: So you hit the Fab Ones with a tennis racket?

Jim Cornette: Whatever! A tisket a tasket a racket in the bread basket.

Jerry Jarrett: Oh brother, and what about Eddie Gilbert helping out your man, Dick Slater?

Jim Cornette: I can’t be blamed for what Eddie Gilbert does. If you dare, mother’s lawyers will be all over you in a New York minute or less time than it takes someone from Alabama to drop out of school. And what difference did it make. Dick Slater can beat Tommy Rich on any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

Jerry Jarrett: I am glad you said that as I have decided it is time you put up or shut up. Tonight, right here on TV, it will be Tommy Rich vs Dirty Dick Slater for the UWF Continental Title and if there is anyone who enters the ring to interfere against Wildfire, he will be awarded the title. Oh, Cornette, one more thing… the tennis racket is banned from ringside!

As Jarrett walks over and Cornette is sputtering from the mouth, Lance gets us to the ring for our first match.

Match:

Superstar Billy Graham defeats Al Costello with a Bearhug!

The fans around here were a little unsure of what think when they heard Superstar introduced and they were concerned that the stable of heels around here just got stronger but the tie-dye wearing Graham came out giving high fives and is hippie persona meshed well with the Southern redneck crowd.

COMMERCIAL

Match

The Nightmares (Danny Davis & Ken Wayne) defeat Cowboy Don Bass & Larry Cheatem when Davis hit a suplex on Cheatem and Wayne finished him off with a middle rope elbow drop

The fans were behind the Nightmares here but once again became uneasy when the said that they should be the #1 contenders for the NWA National Tag Titles and not the Rock n Roll Express.

MATCH

Dick Murdoch with Ron Wright defeats Homer O’Dell with the Brain Buster

At the interview desk, we see a video of last weeks heel turn by Murdoch when he turned on Ray Candy in a tag match.

Dick Murdoch: I mean what would you do Lance. First my tag partner JYD runs away from the Nation of Domination and heads down to Texas and he blames me! Junk Yard Dog turned into a big yellow dog and the first thing he does in blame me who was left short-handed to fight the likes of Reed, Atlas and LeRoy Brown. No problem! I have never backed down from a fight and never will and everybody here knows that. Next thing I know is Ray Candy shows up and acts like he is going to give me another chance to do what is right! He and JYD come up with some plan that Ray Candy can come here to the UWF and FIX Dick Murdoch. Well there is nothing in me that needs fixin and last week Ray Candy learned just that. Ron Wright here has been saying a lot of smart things around here for a while now and nobody is listening. We must bring this sport back to the Christian people and the likes of Ray Candy, the Armstrongs and that mangy mutt, JYD, must learn Wright from Wrong! Ron Wright is raising an army and soon this army is going to fix all the problems around here!

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

UNITED STATES TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Jeff Jarrett & Brad Armstrong defeat The Masked Avengers as Brad hit the Russian Legsweep on Avenger #1

At the interview desk, Jarrett thanks all the baby faces around for helping him to get his feet wet in this industry. Jarrett goes out of his way to insult the Hollywood Blondes as he asked for the video of Rip Oliver having his head shaved after his loss last night to Exotic Adrian Street. Brad is having a good laugh but Lance warns Jeff that the last time he verbally assaulted the Hollywood Blondes, they attacked him during a commercial break.

Jarrett doesn’t seem to worried as he asks Lance if he meant the Baldywood Blondes. One thing that is obvious is that this youngster in not afraid. All of a sudden, a bald Oliver makes his way to the interview desk with the other members of the Hollywood Blondes, Rip Rogers and Buddy Landell.

Rip Oliver: Okay punk, I am having a bad week but if you don’t shut your mouth, you are going to have a bad life! Somehow I lost to that freak Exotic Adrian Street and I am really in the mood to hurt someone. That someone might very well be you.

Jeff Jarrett: Okay, you might think I am a punk but all I know is that this punk is undefeated against the Hollywood Blondes. Just ask Buddy Landell there! You knew last week that you couldn’t beat me one on one so you attacked me 3-1. Well today, I was ready for you. Hey guys come on out!

All of a sudden we see Bob Armstrong, Ron Fuller, Tommy Rich, Ray Candy, Exotic Adrian Street and the Rock n Roll Express come out and surround the Blondes.

Jeff Jarrett: You three are nothing but bullies. You Tar and Feather people when you out number them. You attack them when you have the numbers advantage and you strut around here like you are God’s gift to wrestling. Well I am sure that each and every one of us out here can beat you one on one. So how about this, this week in Houston, me and you wrestle. If I win, you will leave the UWF and if you win, you get a shot at any title in the UWF.

Rip Oliver: (who is basically foaming at the mouth) You are going to die in Houston!

As the Hollywood Blondes cautiously head back to the locker room, Lance is happy that peace prevailed, takes us back to the ring.

MATCH

Ron Fuller defeats Tony Rossi with the Fuller Leg Lock

Lance really hypes up the fact that for the first time in a while, all seems right as both the Armstrongs and the Fullers seem to be on the side of good.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

Dr. D David Shultz defeats Mike Hendricks with a top rope elbow drop in a match that was a complete squash!

At the interview desk, Dr. D is asked why he came out last week and walked over to Baby Doll.

Dr. D: I aint gonna lie. Baby Doll is one fine women and I just had to look in her eyes to see if she was truly happy with that young boy, Lex Luger. And just one look showed me she wants a real man like Dr. D. I also found out that Lex Luger is so insecure that he can’t even focus on his match as he knows that he isn’t close to being man enough for the Perfect 10. One night with Dr. D and Baby Doll won’t be around anymore boys.

Baby Doll walks out without Lex Luger and

Wham…. A big smack right across Dr. D’s face and she storms off.

Dr. D grabs his face but comes up laughing!

Dr. D: If I am only in Lex Luger’s mind half as much as I am his women, I am soon going to have his gold and his old lady.

CONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH

“Dirty” Dick Slater with Jim Cornette vs Tommy “Wildfire” Rich

We get just what the Southern Wrastlin fans want here with an all-out brawl. Cornette seems lost without his tennis racket and his ability to signal for help from the back. After about 6 minutes of chaos, Cornette does his best to alter the outcome as he jumped up on the apron. Wildfire doesn’t seem to care as he and Slater continue to pummel away at each other but the ref goes over to admonish him.

Wham … the ref gets caught by Wildfire after Slater whipped him into the ropes. With the ref down, Cornette sees his opening and pulls out a pair of brass knuckles from his white blazer. He tosses them to Slater but the toss goes astray and Wildfire grabs them. With the ref down, Wildfire doesn’t think twice and clocks Slater.

Cornette is beside himself as Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt rush to the ring. Cornette jumps in his way to try and prevent him from getting in the ring which would cost Slater the belt. Gilbert simply tosses Cornette aside.

Wildfire simply walks over and covers Slater as the ref pulls himself up by the ropes but before he can make the three count, Gilbert, from the arena floor, grabs the ref and drags him out of the ring and all the way back up the ramp.

As the show comes to an end, we see Wildfire on top of Slater but with no ref to make the count and the screen fades to black.

Great seeing the Superstar. Wow, Rip Oliver bald and it seems young Jarrett is pretty confident for their upcoming match. Still crazy seeing Fuller and Armstrong together but I love it! LOL, Dr. D just cracks me up. Wright has himself a dangerous stable with the addition of Murdoch. Rich and Slater put on a good brawl and it looks like Rich was robbed. Looking forward to a Rich/Gilbert showdown. Lots of great set ups here.

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

4/11/1986

TULSA, OKLAHOMA

Hello again everybody. Welcome to Power Pro Wrestling, a UWF Production coming to you from the Tulsa Civic Center. I am Jim Ross and my partner is Cowboy Bill Watts. Before we get to the ring we have a huge announcement. The UWF will be returning to Houston, Texas this week and what a card it will be. First of all, we will see a 4 team tag tournament to become the new #1 contenders for the NWA World Tag Team Championships and those teams will be Devastation Inc, The Long Riders, The Nation of Domination and The Texas Tornados. The Road Warriors will also be defending those championships against none other than Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody and in the one we have been waiting for some time now, it will be Nikita Koloff vs Magnum T.A. for the UWF Title.

Cowboy Bill Watts: What a card that is going to be and those great fans in Houston really deserve it. Let’s get to the ring for tonight’s action.

Match:

Hacksaw Butch Reed beats Brutus Beefcake with the football Tackle

While this was a great opening match as both men had the momentum for a while, it was obvious that Reed and Ladd where not on the same page. Ladd wanted Reed to continue to beat on Brutus with the Gorilla Press Slam but Reed seemed happy with his work and covered Beefcake for the win. The two were heard arguing on the way up the ramp as Ladd reminded Reed that they were the Nation of DOMINATION and that they don’t simply win!

COMMERCIAL

Match:

The Texas Tornados (Sam Houston & Kendell Windham) defeat Billy Starr and Pete Austin with a double running bulldog on Austin.

At the interview desk, the Texas Tornados hype up their shot at the #1 contenders spot for the World title but they are rudely interrupted by the Long Riders (Ron Bass & Black Bart) who claim the Tornados have no shot and don’t even deserve to be in the match. Somehow, peace prevails as we go to break.

Match:

Mil Mascaras defeats Bob Roop with the top rope back flip plancha

Jim Ross let us all know that we were in for a treat with Mil Mascaras and he did not disappoint. With his aerial tactics and refusal to sell any of the big moves by Roop, Mil looked unbeatable. Jim Ross lets us know that this week in Houston it will be Mil Mascaras vs the Warlord and Skandar Akbar.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

Magnum T.A. defeats Baron Von Raschke with Ron Wright with the Belly to Belly Suplex in under a minute

Ron Wright was fuming and set Big Bubba Ottman in but in an amazing test of strength, he met the same fate as Baron. Ron Wright was in shock and headed for the hills as T.A. went over to Jim Ross.

Magnum T.A.: I have never been so fired up in all my life. Last week Nikita Koloff caught me with a Russian Sickle but this week in Houston, I am going to get my revenge. That UWF title is coming back to where it belongs…. America!

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

Road Warriors & the Ultimate Warrior with Paul Ellering vs Dr. Death, the Barbarian & Warlord with Skandar Akbar

This monster of a match ended in a double DQ as the 6 men brawled all over the arena. Ross really hyped this one up and says that if the Road Warriors and Devastation Inc. ever meet for that NWA tag title, it will be a battle that will not soon be forgotten.

Ladd yelling at Reed for merely beating Beefcake was pretty funny.

Mil Mascaras getting himself over like that feels accurate

I like Magnum all fired up like that

And a good TV main event building up,toward Houston. I know I'm pulling for Doc and the Barbarian to win that tournament.