Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania Weekend 2018

Cap

Are the Evolve shows or the WWN Supershow worth watching? I haven't seen much Evolve but the cards are kind of interesting on paper.

The Evolve shows are solid but the WWN Supershow was by far my favorite indie show of the weekend. Will write too much or too little (most likely) about everything I've watched from the weekend once I finish a couple other shows, but Ospreay/Riddle was the best match I saw all weekend other than Ciampa/Gargano, and everything on the show other than the women's match was good.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Evolve from Friday overdelivered in a big way. Sawa vs Jaka wont be everyone's cup of tea, but it was a brutal match. Supershow was also good and had one of my two contenders for live match of the weekend (that and Sabre vs Walter from Progress... I didn't go to NXT). I am really looking forward to watching both those shows back.

I can't remember what order everything went in so I'm just bouncing around but I can co-sign Evolve 102 as having a really great main event but it also has Keith Lee throwing Darby Allin around in pretty special ways. A fantastic mix of great power offense and nutty bumping which I love.

The Impact/Lucha Underground show had the feel of a televised house show but I actually enjoyed it well enough since there are definitely guys on both sides of that divide that are personal favourites (Jack Evans, Sydal, Aries, Drago, Trevor Lee). Everyone except Teddy Hart worked really hard to try and put on a good show amidst all the other hyped gigs. They had Teddy teaming with Steiner and I genuinely think Steiner put in more effort on his hot tag than Hart did at any point. It was kinda funny to see but the FIP sequence mostly involved him sitting in the corner as moves were heaped upon him and then nonchalantly making the hot tag after a quick high spot.

Are the Evolve shows or the WWN Supershow worth watching? I haven't seen much Evolve but the cards are kind of interesting on paper.

The Evolve shows are solid but the WWN Supershow was by far my favorite indie show of the weekend. Will write too much or too little (most likely) about everything I've watched from the weekend once I finish a couple other shows, but Ospreay/Riddle was the best match I saw all weekend other than Ciampa/Gargano, and everything on the show other than the women's match was good.

I had a blast at both Evolve shows and especially the Supershow. Riddle/Ospreay was the best match I saw live.

The Crash was by far the lesser show I've seen. Too much mindless spotfests. The lWo reunion was pretty funny. Damian 666 moves pretty well for a guy his age, and him working against his own son was unique. Pentagon vs Aries was pretty good, but Penta is a guy I feel never really puts it together in single and his selling is dubious at best, like when he comes back from a DVD on the apron without much damage at all. I felt like these guys were cruising a bit on that show.

Penta has disappointed me a little outside of LU. I still love the guy if I'm being honest, but he's definitely fallen into some bad habits. This is a guy who should be a gritty, bloodthirsty killer at all times but if nobody is keeping an eye on him, he can slip into Young Buck-ish nonsense. I hate how he tries to start every match by doing his taunt a bunch of times. I guess it's usually over with the live crowd but still.

Same here.

I hate how he tries to start every match by doing his taunt a bunch of times. I guess it's usually over with the live crowd but still.

Oh yeah, this has become quite annoying. He doesn't comes off like a psychopath doing that, he comes off like a douchebag, which is not exactly what he's aiming at I think.

Penta has disappointed me a little outside of LU. I still love the guy if I'm being honest, but he's definitely fallen into some bad habits. This is a guy who should be a gritty, bloodthirsty killer at all times but if nobody is keeping an eye on him, he can slip into Young Buck-ish nonsense. I hate how he tries to start every match by doing his taunt a bunch of times. I guess it's usually over with the live crowd but still.

His match with Nick Gage was a lot of fun this past weekend.

I'm really excited to watch that one! Got Spring Break 2, Bloodsport, and the RevPro show queued up to watch this weekend.

Was front row for Bloodsport and then watched it again when I got home. I really loved that show. Spring Break is definitely high up on my weekend plans.

From what I've seen of Gage, he's a complete nothing worker, *at best* (ok, he's just bad and he doesn't even have anything look-wise apart from being ugly), so that's not exactly setting my world on fire.

Style Battle was everything indieriffic about indie wrestling. Worst show of the week-end thus far although Riddle is always fun (good match vs Anthony Henry). There was no one in the crowd either, which seems fitting.

From what I've seen of Gage, he's a complete nothing worker, *at best* (ok, he's just bad and he doesn't even have anything look-wise apart from being ugly), so that's not exactly setting my world on fire.

Style Battle was everything indieriffic about indie wrestling. Worst show of the week-end thus far although Riddle is always fun (good match vs Anthony Henry). There was no one in the crowd either, which seems fitting.

It's just them hitting each other with chairs and throwing each other through things in entertaining fashion. Nothing technical about it.

Love Gage for what he is and Style Battle was the best booked WWN branded show of the weekend which is a massive indictment really.

Yeah, but you also love Spike Dudley. ;) (best booked I dunno, maybe, but it was pretty fucking poor in term of in-ring work with only the main event being quite good)

2. PCO vs WALTER (Janela spring break 2) - pretty much everyone has said what needed to be said. He is 50 years old and is still doing dives like a madman at pretty good speed. And took one of the worst beating to your chest in the world and perfectly fine doing it. Incredible

WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH ? It's 2018 and a 50 years old Quebecer Pierre/jean Pierre Lafitte just had a top 5 match of the week-end. There's too much sheer insanity in this to go into details, but it was not all about that either, as it told a really cool story with WALTER the young monster treating PCO with a patronizing arrogance, only for the old Quebec fuck to make a TerryFunkesque comeback, execute some ridiculous butt-ugly yet super impressive spots, while doing a Kobashi tribute (both in choping WALTER down to size and sporting a... purple/black chest). Where has Pierre Carl Oulette been all these years ? This has to be one of the all-time post-50 years old performance ever. Great match. (and for the old Jean Pierre Lafitte fan that I am, cool as shit, I legit marked out several times during this)

It's just them hitting each other with chairs and throwing each other through things in entertaining fashion. Nothing technical about it.

The old garbage/ECW fan in me could have enjoyed that, but really it was Gage getting thrown through a bunch of tables while looking stiff as a rod and making a comeback from nowhere and winning after only one table spot. So yeah, nothing match, and Nick Gage is a complete waste of my time. No charisma (yeah, he does look a bit like Ron Pearlman, so what ?), shitty work. Next.

Love Gage for what he is and Style Battle was the best booked WWN branded show of the weekend which is a massive indictment really.

Shoot almost jumped the rail myself (about four seats to the left of Papa) when Gage came out of the crowd during the Supershow. So that made it good for me.

If you add to PCO vs WALTER : Ellsworth vs Riddle, Starr vs Quackenbuch, the Clusterfuck and Sasuke vs Janela, Sprink Break 2 was easily the best and most insane show of the week-end. The invisible man deal was hilarious. Ellsworth was a much better worker than Nick Gage, Starr is my new favourite hairy worker. And Sasuke is still fucking insane. The main-event was a beautiful, completely organic, insane, ridiculous, fucked-up old-school ECW/FMW style clusterfuck. Those bumps these two took, Sasuke being 48 or something, warmed the heart of this old-school garbage match fan. This was indie sleaze at its best to me.

My wife watched the second half of Spring Break 2 with me. She loved just listening to the announcers getting drunker as it progressed. She actually asked me if this was a regular promotion and was disappointed when I said no.

Favourite announcing of the week-end.