Pro Wrestling Only

GAEA Wrestling

Grimmas

Dump vs. Chiggy already?!?  You are starting hot for sure!  One of my favorite joshi matches for the incredible dynamic the two had going.  I always liked seeing the luchadoras as they brought something a little different to the table.  Martel getting the win the way she did will have repercussions somewhere.  I liked the way both Chiggy and Dump won their matches, very in character.  Starting out with a classic main event never hurt anyone, good idea.

That show was so much fun. I love that the GAEA brings a whole new dynamic to this game. The woman really shined here. Solid opener with Yokota and Gonzales with a classic German suplex pin. Always been a huge fan of Sherri so nice seeing her advance and Bobby Heenan is a pure bonus. Nagayo scores the upset but man Monster Ripper looked impressive here. Richter is another favorite but the odds were just to much to handle as Dump advances. What an exciting tag match to end the show. The crowd was pretty hot for that one. Hopefully we get a series of matches between these two teams. 

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm getting caught up!

GAEA World Wonder Ring (July 10, 2018)

The Beauty Pair welcome us to the second week from the Memorial First Gong show, featuring the tournament for the WWA World Title! Tonight we will see highlights from the semi-finals, plus see the finals in full. Two huge semi-final matches with Jaguar Yokota vs Sherri Martel and Chigusa Nagayo vs Dump Matsumoto. We will also get a special treat with the gentlemen of wrestling in action with Naoki Sano vs "Rollerball" Mark Rocco.

We start with highlights of Matsumoto vs Nagayo from the semi-finals. We get clips of Dump destroying Nagayo with a kendo stick and even a pair of scissors. We jump ahead to them brawling on the floor and coming back into the ring where Bull Nakano jumps in and her and Dump go for a double team, that Nagayo ducks causing Matsumoto to get caught on the ropes. She receives several chair shots. We move ahead to Dump using a huge metal garbage can on Nagayo as they go into the corner, where Nagayo hits a belly to back suplex where both women's shoulders are down. Nagayo gets her shoulder up at two, gaining the victory and a slot in the finals. Dump is PISSED afterwards.

The other semi-final sees Martel making her entrance with Bobby Heenan to the 2001 Space Odyssey theme to boos. Into the match we get highlights of a technical contest, with Yokota gaining the upper hand, until Sherri pulls the tights. Later on in the contest, Yokota goes for a flying cross body, which Martel ducks. Yokota falls to the floor and gets nailed by Heenan. Yokota turns her attention to him and gives him a huge slap knocking him on his ass. Yokota gets back in the ring, fired up, and starts a comeback. Nailing move after move, before hitting a German Suplex for the win and she will now face Chigusa Nagayo in the finals.

Naoki Sano
vs
Mark Rocco

Here we have a shortish mat wrestling contest between these two gentlemen. Rocco takes some hilarious comedy bumps, while Sano mocks him. Rocco picks up the win, after pulling on Sano's pants while doing a roll up, exposing his ass.

The Beauty Pair are backstage and recap the tournament to this point and set the stage for the finals. The first-ever WWA World Champion is a huge deal, as it's the biggest women's title in history. Jackie Sato seems unhappy by retiring lately and says she wish she could had been in this tournament. We are reminded a full version of the tournament will be available on VHS cassette coming soon.

Finals of the tournament for the WWA World Title:
Chigusa Nagayo
vs
Jaguar Yokota

1118full-chigusa-nagayo-vs.-jaguar-yokot

After the war Nagayo had earlier, Yokota looks to have an advantage and early on she tries to wear Nagayo down with quick mat wrestling and submission holds. Nagayo fights back and seems in it with her technical ability. Yokota plays the subtle heel, controlling the match and after the opening of the contest it really heats up with Yokota gaining a lot of nearfalls. Nagayo nails a huge dropkick to start her comeback. With her last inch of strength she goes for cover after cover, but Yokota won't give in. Nagayo goes up to the top and hits a flying cross body, which Yokota rolls through with it and picks up the win.

Winner and new WWA World Champion, JAGUAR YOKOTA!

Yokota and Nagayo shake hands and bow with a show of respect. Out of nowhere, announcer Jackie Sato is in the ring. She congratulates Yokota on the victory and praises her on an amazing tournament. Sato, however, doesn't like retirement. Tonight was so great, she feels she should had been in the tournament. In fact, Sato says she would had won the tournament if she was in it. She slaps Yokota, points to the title belt, and then leaves. Sato wants the title!

I got a kick out of seeing my boys provide a little light comedy and T&A on this card.

I have to say, you could do a lot worse for your first champion than Jaguar Yokota - one of the greatest of all time. And you could do a lot worse for her first challenger then Jackie f'n Sato. You are really coming out of the gate hot, and I love it. 

I am a little surprised you already went in with men with a woman focused promotion.  The use of a video helps the majority of us learn a little more about some of the aspects of this promotion that perhaps we don't know about.  I am very interested on your feedback on the rest of the work we're doing with this project and how this fits in.

Really good semi-finals matches.  Dump is definitely not done with Chiggy.  Surprised to see a babyface vs. babyface final.  Good to see the ladies wrestling uses the men in the same way as the men's uses the ladies.  Great final with Yokota becoming the first champ.  Jackie Sato after the title, I didn't know announcers wrestled. :)

Yokota is champ! She earned that with a victory over Sherri and then the final win over Nagayo. I have to give Nagayo a lot of credit, she took a horrible beating from Dump and was still able to put up a fight in the finals. Love the aftermath with Sato getting the itch and immediately wanting back in. Already sets up a hot program. Excellent job and I'm excited to read and learn more. 

• 3 weeks later...

I want to apologise on how late this is, work has been insanity, I've worked 16 straight days to cover for a lot of things. However, I have a weekend now and here is the three tv shows I missed. It may be a quicker version to get caught up.

World Wonder Ring (July 18, 1986) on Fuji TV

Welcome to World Wonder Ring presented by GAEA Wrestling! The main event tonight is the Jumping Bomb Angels taking on GAEA Champion Jaguar Yokota and Devil Masami. In two weeks, Yokota's first challenger to her title will be determined when Monster Ripper takes on Jackie Sato.

The Atrocious Alliance (Dump Mastaumoto & Bull Nakano) vs Velvet McIntyre & Dawn Marie

The gentlemen of GAEA Wrestling will be in action next!

Mark Rocco vs Ian Wilson

After a quick recap of the show and hyping up next week's main event of The Crush Gals vs Red Tyhpoon, we head to tonight's main event!

Jumping Bomb Angels vs Jaguar Yokota & Devil Masami

What an amazing night of action, join us next week as The Crush Gals take on Red Tyhpoons and in two weeks when Monster Ripper takes on Jackie Sato!

World Wonder Ring (July 25, 1986) on Fuji TV

Tag wrestling is getting hot and heavy here in GAEA, as we saw in last week's main event and we will see that again tonight as The Crush Gals take on Red Tyhpoon! Before that, we have Jumbo Hori in action!

Jumbo Hori vs Peggy Patterson

Tonight's main event may go a long way to determine who will be the top tag team in GAEA!

The Crush Gals vs Red Tyhpoon

What a main event! Please join us next week as we determine the #1 Contender for the GAEA title as Monster Ripper takes on Jackie Sato!

World Wonder Ring (August 1, 1986) on Fuji TV

A huge night tonight as we find out who will challenge Jaguar Yokota for the GAEA Title. We also have a special music video with Jackie Sato, but before that The Glamour Girls will be in action!

The Glamour Girls vs Penny Mitchell & Candace Pardue

No more talking, let's take a closer look at Jackie Sato and end the night with determining the #1 challenger for the GAEA Title!

Jackie Sato vs Monster Ripper (#1 Contenders Match)

Love seeing Devil Masami.  Such a great character and just plain worker.  Also, her facial expressions freaking rule.  Not as big a fan of the Crush Gals, but they were historically one of the top teams in Japan.  Jackie Sato is a really good underdog wrestler, I've been a fan since seeing a few of her matches.  The finish of that particular match is more than a little sketchy.  Also sketchy is the use of Japanese schoolgirls screaming at ringside and having one on the commentary team.  But that's joshi. :)

World Wonder Ring for August 8, 1986 on Fuji TV

The announcers open the show and talk up "Endless Summer" on August 23rd, a huge event where Jaguar Yokota will defend the WWA World Title against Jackie Sato. Also on the show the first-ever WWA Tag Team Champions will be crowned with the semi-finals and finals of a tournament that starts here tonight.

We get a promo from Yokota with her title talking about how hard she worked for it and she gladly will take on the challenge of the legend of Jackie Sato.

The Glamour Girls (Leilani Kai & Judy Martin) vs The Dynamite Girls (Yukari Omori & Jumbo Hori)
in a first round match of the WWA Tag Team Titles Tournament.

The Dynamite Girls put up a huge challenge, but the Glamour Girls were clearly the vets here and used a distraction of the referee a cheap shot and finally a power bomb by Judy Martin on Omori to pick up the victory and advance in the tournament.

Dump Matsumoto vs Velvet McIntyre

Dump has the Atrocious Alliance in her corner and steam rolls McIntyre. She cuts a promo after the match saying her team of Bull and Condor will destroy The Crush Gals next week and The Alliance will be the reason Nagayo does not win a title again!

The Jumping Bomb Angels (Noriyo Tateno & Itsuki Yamazaki) vs Kanako Nagatomo & Mika Komatsu
in a first round match of the WWA Tag Team Titles Tournament.

Next week we get the two other matches in the first round of the tournament!

On 8/5/2018 at 2:48 PM, dawho5 said:

Love seeing Devil Masami.  Such a great character and just plain worker.  Also, her facial expressions freaking rule.  Not as big a fan of the Crush Gals, but they were historically one of the top teams in Japan.  Jackie Sato is a really good underdog wrestler, I've been a fan since seeing a few of her matches.  The finish of that particular match is more than a little sketchy.  Also sketchy is the use of Japanese schoolgirls screaming at ringside and having one on the commentary team.  But that's joshi. :)

80s sucked for finishes everywhere! I'm not huge on The Crush Girls, but they were huge, so what can you do. I've got plans on where things are going and they may do better on their own!

World Wonder Ring for August 15, 1986 on Fuji TV

After some highlights from last week's first round matches, we get hype for tonight's final two matches of the first round of the WWA Tag Team Titles Tournament. In the main event Bull Nakano & Condor Saito will take on The Crush Girls, but up first we have Red Typhoons vs Debbie Combs & Lola Gonzalez.

Red Typhoons vs Debbie Combs & Lola Gonzalez in a first round match of the WWA Tag Team Titles tournament.

Combs and Gonzalez were rough to start, but the Typhoons are an explosive team and after some back and forth action picked up the victory to advance to the semi-finals of the tournament.

Akira Nogami vs Naoki Sano

The Crush Gals vs Bull Nakano & Condor Saito in a first round match of the WWA Tag Team Titles tournament.

With Dump Matsumoto in the corner of her team of the Atrocious Alliance, we get a war! A brawl from the get go where Dump was not afraid to interject, especially focusing on Nagayo. In fact, Dump blooded Nagayo up after a vicious shot with a steel chair. After a long and wild brawl, Dump nailed Nagayo leading to Nakano hitting a flying legdrop to advance to the semi-finals!