Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-06-16-WWE-NXT Takover: Chicago II] The Undisputed Era (Roderick Strong & Kyle O'Reilly) vs Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan

ShittyLittleBoots

Red hot crowd & awesome hard hitting action from start to finish. Loved the Burch FIP segment, Kyle targeting his arm throughout the match was pretty great (loved that big Armbar drama), the ONEY HOT TAG was goddamn terrific & Roddy was his usual fantastic self, loved his facial selling & him on the offense is always a violent joy, and here he was going against two fellas who also bring it big time w/ their offense. Great match. ****

I loved this. Been a fan of Lorcan and Burch for a long time so it's great to see them finally getting a chance to shine. I'm getting into TUE more and more as well and I really enjoy them as champions. Oney on a tear was a joy to watch, KOR's escape from that double submission was terrific and the finishing stretch was stellar. Was fine with Adam Cole's involvement as well. **** from me as well. Best NXT tag match in some time.

Oney FUCKING Lorcan. I am so glad not only Oney was finally able to get his big break, but Burch too! Both very unique talents in NXT who rarely get their due. They were finally granted a TakeOver match, and boy did they hit it out of the park with their great physical offense. This match was quick, hard hitting, and full of tag team chemistry from both sides. Hoping this isn't just a one time thing for Lorcan and/or Burch, ****1/2.

Lorcan & Burch are the World's Scrappiest Tag Team. The smark-heavy crowd are firmly behind The Undisputed Era, despite them being the heels. Through hard work and a lot of stiff uppercuts, the team of Lorcan & Burch eventually get the some of the crowd to root for them.

Lorcan is stupidly good. There's no-one like him. He's a career midcarder who can give the top talent a run for their money, despite never winning any big matches. It gives off an intriguing dynamic.

★★★★½

Basically everything you could ask for in a tag team opener. Frantic action, desperation, and great nearfalls. I knew there was no way Oney and Burch would win, but they did a fantastic job making me think they could pull it off. Oney was the star here but bravo to all four men.

****1/2.

I'd echo many of the things said here and really enjoyed this match, but mostly I just want to say that the Chicago crowd (as usual), can fuck itself. Cheering for your heel favs is one thing, booing Oney & Burch is just being dicks.

I'd echo many of the things said here and really enjoyed this match, but mostly I just want to say that the Chicago crowd (as usual), can fuck itself. Cheering for your heel favs is one thing, booing Oney & Burch is just being dicks.

I was actually surprised by how poor of a reaction Oney and Burch got after how well they had gotten over on TV during the feud. I kind of expected both teams to get a good amount of cheers at the start.

Nothing really to add to what has been said so far, but i thought this was fairly incredible. I really liked the sort of sub narrative of the UE seeming to always have the two on one, keeping the distance between the partners closed. Even when Birch and Lorcan were on the offensive, that was the story of how UE would get the advantage back or save themselves. Absolutely unreal pace to start the show. One of the better tag team matches i have seen in some time. ****1/4 (maybe 1/2).

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched this and yeah, it was awesome. Kyle O’Reilly is doing so much better in NXT than I figured he would, and if I was Bobby Fish I’d be worried as Kyle has great chemistry with Roddy. All four guys were really great in this, they kept up a great pace but never fell into a mindless spotfest. 

I like how much they gave Birch and Lorcan in this one, they were made to look tough as nails and showed great fire. One of my favourite matches so far this year.

****1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2018-06-16-WWE-NXT Takover: Chicago II] The Undisputed Era (Roderick Strong & Kyle O'Reilly) vs Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan