Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-06-23-CMLL] L.A. Park vs Rush

KawadaSmile

What a delightful violent brawl.

Park is far from being the most svelte dude in lucha at the moment, specially when compared to a stallion like Rush, but does he have a presence. He and Rush went all out with the fuckery here, and it did not dissapoint.

Basically it had everything you could as for: mask ripping, interferences, MARTINETES, blood, refs getting their asses kicked, a fat sub ref with his gut appearing... just a spectacle all around. Crowd was absurdly hot, specially after Park SMASHES Rush with a picture frame. From that point on it's just full on violence, with Park using cable wires to whip Rush, as well as smashing his head against the guard rail. All of that leads us to a draw.

Post-match, L.A. Park announces he's gonna fight against Rush Mask vs Hair. 

This ruled. I think the other matches they had were better at least the start of the matches but they worked this one for Arena Mexico. But then when the fuck finishes started it went great. Best part of the match was the tercera card after Rush was about to be stretchered. Both DQs were good and made sense; Rush/Park is the best feud of the 10's.

Loved this match. Loved everything about it. I can't add too much. The two dq falls were great and the post match with Park trying to beat Rush to death with his bare hands was fantastic. This whole thing was not just legit great, it set up their hair/mask match well.

• 1 month later...

Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega is most likely winning match of the year, but if this is any indication, then L.A. Park vs. Rush is going to win feud of the year! This is an absolutely insane brawl with intensity that makes you completely believe that they want to rip each other's heads off. The dq finishes to the falls don't feel like screwjobs or copouts. If anything, it's impressive that the ref's let them get away with as much as they did before finally having to step in and call it off. 

I was taken aback a bit by how quickly Park seemed to recover from the piledriver. But, I'll admit that my on-again off-again lucha viewing has been 'off' for a few years now, so maybe that's more the norm now. And, it's not like Park just took the move and jumped to his feet like the bullshit that used to run rampant in NOAH. As soon as Rush started showing off that picture frame, I knew that it wasn't going to end well.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-06-23-CMLL] L.A. Park vs Rush
  • 3 weeks later...

I went and saw this show live, a few months after reconnecting with lucha and wrestling for the first time since I was a kid. I've watched this match twice since then. I expected to like it less now, in light of the recent CMLL bullshit, but it does hold up even though the feud may never get a proper conclusion.  I don't think I can really write and explain what about Rush/LA Park is so great, it just is.