Pro Wrestling Only

Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling July 86

spaldoni

MACW @ WTBS Studios TV Aired 7-5-86

Great American Bash Highlights are shown in a music video

Schiavone: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic Championship wrestling. With me as always my partner. David Crockett. Well David, The Great American Bash is in the books. We want to thank all the great fans who came out and made the event an incredible success. A lot went down.

Crockett: You're right about that Tony. A lot of old scores were settled, new grudges began and looks like some haven't been resolved. Ted Dibiase retained the United States Title in a bloody hard fought steel cage match against Hacksaw Duggan. Later on in the show, we will hear from Dibiase on location from one of his many vacation spots. Speaking of the US title, this weekend in Greensboro there will be an 8 man tournament to decide the new number one contender to the title. The winner will also receive 5,000 dollars.

Schiavone: That's big news indeed. A lot of action in store tonight. Big main event as The Assassins take on Hot Property. That's a rivalry that's been going on for awhile. Fans, lets go to the ring.

Mid Atlantic Champ 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff vs. Roger Murphy

Orndorff gets the crowd going as he body slams Murphy, then jumps off the 2nd turnbuckle with a forearm drop. Orndorff picks up Murphy and delivers a short arm clothesline. The fans roar as Orndorff gives the signal. He hoists Murphy up and crashes him down with the Piledriver for the pin! The fans cheer as Orndorff holds up the Mid Atlantic title then heads to the podium.

Orndorff: I made a promise heading into the Bash that I would be the one walking out. Well, here I am! My issues with Harley Race are done and now it's time to move on. I'm here to say I'll defend this title against anybody, anytime, anywhere! Tiger Jeet Singh! I haven't forgotten about you. You want a shot at me and the title? Come and get it! 

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Fans, The Assassin has requested this time. Mr. Assassin, your Assassins have a big match later on. What's going on here?

Assassin: Tony Schiavone, I'm out here to say necessary changes have been made to my stable. Rest assured the Assassins are alive and well. Let me introduce to you my new Assassins, Cobra and Kazuo. 

Two men come out in new red masks and black pants then stand behind the Assassin. 

Assassin: These two men will carry on the Assassin name with pride. This is the most hard striking and high impact tag team you will ever see. Now, speaking of hard hitting and carrying on a name. Please allow me to introduce to you...The Flame.

A man comes out wearing the familiar and classic yellow and black mask. He's wearing black pants with red flames on them. 

Assassin: You're looking at the most dominant stable in Mid Atlantic. The Flame will run over the solo competition while the Assassins will rule over the tag team division. Tonight, we start with Hot Property. 

Schiavone: Oh my! These changes made by the Assassin could be devastating here in Mid Atlantic. Back to the ring.

Polynesian Power vs. Carl Hillman and Vic DeMarco

Polynesian Power double superkick Hillman out of the ring. Tui climbs to the top turnbuckle. Sakalia hoists DeMarco up and crashes back with the Samoan Drop. Tui fly's off the turnbuckle and crashes down with a flying elbow drop for the pin! The fans cheer as Tui and Sakalia bump fists and hug.

Polynesian Power cut a promo and say the Southern Ramblers stole their shot at the NWA Tag Titles when Paul Jones used the cane. They said their not going to make excuses and cry about it but they're coming after the Ramblers and Jones! 

Commercial Break

Crockett: Fans, we're about ready to see a man in action, who made quite a splash at the Bash. I'm talking about Bull Gantner! 

Bull Gantner vs. Tim Straw

Gantner swings Straw to the ropes and does a Gorilla Press and Slam! Gantner swings off the ropes and hits a flying knee drop. Gantner picks up Straw swings him to the ropes and hits a Spinebuster for the pin!  Gantner shakes his fists and flexes for the cheering crowd. He's pumped up tonight as he heads to the podium. 

Crockett: Bull, welcome to Mid Atlantic. At the Bash you ran in and helped the American Dream Dusty Rhodes as he was being double teamed by Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez. That's certainly one way to make an impact here.

Bull: First off David, I cant tell you how great it is to be here! I'm pumped up and ready for action here in Mid Atlantic! As you may know, I was born and raised in Florida. I grew up watching Dusty Rhodes. I became a wrestler because of Dusty Rhodes. So when I was at the Bash and saw Dusty getting double teamed, well I couldn't stand by and let that happen. It was literally a dream come true to be standing side by side with the Dream. And now it gets better because on July 19th in Daytona Beach FL, It's going to be me and Dusty Rhodes taking on Rude and Fernandez! David, I cant wait! 

Sweet Brown Sugar vs. Lou Simms

Sugar hip tosses and drop kicks Simms all over the ring. Sugar swings Simms to the ropes and back drops him then goes to the top turnbuckle. Simms staggers up and Sugar hits a missile drop kick for the pin! Sugar goes out and slaps hands with the cheering fans. Sugar has really gotten over with the Mid Atlantic crowds. 

Commercial Break

Rob 'The Stud' Fuller vs. Todd Rooney

Fuller swings Rooney to the ropes and clotheslines him down. Fuller chokes Rooney with his boot then starts stomping on him. Fuller vertical suplexes Rooney, goes to the 2nd turnbuckle and crashes down with a knee drop for the pin! The fans boo as Fuller heads to the podium. 

Schiavone: Well Fuller, I'm going to come right out and say it. Why did you interfere in the NWA World title match at the Bash? I believe you costed Austin Idol his chance at the world title.

Fuller: You know Tony Schiavone, it's a crying shame that Austin Idol didn't win that prestigious title. It really is. But what you and that bottom of the barrel licking Austin Idol forget is that title shot was rightfully mine. There was no way Idol could beat that Russian Monster but a big man like myself could have. Now Idol, if you have a problem with me, well I'm not a hard man to find son. 

Mark Youngblood vs. Bill Richards

Mark swings Richards to the ropes and hits a diving thrust shot. Mark swings Richards into the turnbuckles and follows with a body slam. Mark goes to the apron and hits the Sling Shot Splash for the pin! 

Mark Youngblood cuts a promo and says he's got some exciting news coming next week.

Commercial Break 

Crockett: (Smiling) Fans, with me right now is JJ Dillon. Well JJ, the Bash didn't work out so well for you and King Kong Bundy.

JJ: Wipe that smile off your face Crockett. What everybody saw at the Bash was a crime committed by one Bad News Brown. Not only did he steal the 10,000 dollars but he used the briefcase as a weapon on Bundy. Bundy is at home recovering. So not only did Bad News Brown commit robbery but also assault with a deadly weapon. I want Bad News Brown out here right now! 

The crowd roars as Bad News Brown walks out frowning. He walks to the podium. JJ backs up a bit, regroups and starts in. 

JJ: Mr. Brown, you're in serious trouble. You stole a large sum of money from myself. You will return it right now or I'm pressing charges. Do you understand? 

Brown: To Bad! The money is gone. Yea, I spent it, every last penny. As a matter of fact, I bought myself a brand new Cadillac and boy is it nice. If you or that Fat Man Bundy have a problem with that, go ahead and do something about it! 

JJ: I will do something! I'm calling the police and you're going to jail, a place I'm sure a criminal like yourself is very familiar with. 

JJ walks away but Brown grabs him by his shirt and turns him around.

Brown: You know what! I do have something left. I have the receipt to my Cadillac. 

Brown grabs the receipt out of his pocket and shoves it in JJ's mouth. Brown tosses JJ on the ground and walks out. Crockett is looking down at JJ. JJ rolls over and coughs up the receipt. 

"Professor' Brad Rheingans vs. Clyde Putnam

Brad works over Putnam with some solid amateur wrestling then slaps his head. Brad hits a delayed vertical suplex. Brad sits against the turnbuckles and just waits for Putnam to get up. Putnam rises, Brad clamps on a waist lock and hits a bridging back suplex for the pin! The fans boo as Brad heads to the podium.

Brad:   You simpletons just saw why I'm the Professor of wrestling. Bob Backlund knows why I'm the Professor of wrestling. Bob Backlund failed Wrestling 101 and I had to drop him. That's right, Bob Backlund is no longer in Mid Atlantic and I'm the reason why. I outclassed him, I out worked him and I out wrestled him! I'm a true wrestler and I'm in a class of my own. If any wrestler wants to be taught a lesson then sign up for the Professor's class, I now have an open spot. 

Commercial Break 

Southern Ramblers w/Paul Jones vs. Louis Campos and Alex Portman

The Ramblers double body slam Portman and hurl him to the corner. Portman tags in Campos. Rich nails him with a running Forearm and tags in Rose. Rose hits a gut wrench suplex and tags in Rich. The Ramblers climb up opposite turnbuckles and each fly off and come down with a double fist drop for the pin! The fans boo as Jones and the Ramblers head to the podium. 

Jones:   You know it figures Polynesian Power would be out here crying that we stole their shot at the National Tag Team titles. Bottom line people, The Southern Ramblers earned that long overdue shot. These guys are the best team in the NWA and on July 19th, the Rock n Roll Express are going to find that out first hand. As for Polynesian Power, well they just aren't in the Southern Ramblers league. Now, more big news in the Paul Jones Army. Everybody saw it at the Bash, so welcome out the newest member of the Paul Jones Army...Blackjack Mulligan!

Mulligan walks out and shakes hands with the Ramblers and Paul Jones.

Jones: This man right here is as rough and tough as they come. A true Mid Atlantic legend. Rip Oliver! You're nothing but a fool with a bleeding heart. I should of never wasted my time on you in the first place. You don't have what it takes to be in my Army. This man does and you and that other fool Jimmy Valiant already felt that and guess what? There's a lot more to come.

Mulligan: It's simple! This man is paying me a lot of money to rid Mid Atlantic of Rip Oliver and Jimmy Valiant. I don't care about titles. I wont be distracted! I'm being paid a lot of money to do a job and believe me Paul, you're money will be well spent. I wont show any mercy! Oliver! You're just gutless! Like Paul said, you don't have what it takes. (Holds up his black gloved fist) But I do! 

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Fans, our next match is the debut of a team coming in with a lot of hype. Duke Myers and Kerry Brown, The Stampede Rush.

Stampede Rush vs. Brad Kimber and Steve Ramsey

Myers and Brown work over their opponents with hard hitting offense and quick tags. Brown swings Kimber to the ropes and flips him over with a knee to the mid section. Brown tags in Myers. Myers swings Kimber to the ropes and hits a double axe handle to the head then tags in Brown. Brown body slams Kimber, hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and hits an elbow drop and tags in Myers. Myers swings off the ropes and drops an elbow for the pin! Stampede Rush head to the podium 

Schiavone:  Great debut for the Stampede Rush. gentleman welcome to Mid Atlantic Wrestling. Wait just a minute...

The Caspian Empire head out to boos. 

Smirnoff: For the past few weeks, all we hear about is Stampede Rush. Let me tell you right now, the Caspian Empire is the best tag team here and you so called great tag team cannot just come in here and go to the top. You haven't shown us anything. We are not impressed at all! 

Sheik: Caspian Empire is number one! Stampede Rush (Spits towards Stampede Rush) 

Stampede Rush loose it and charge Caspian Empire. They're brawling in front of the podium as Schiavone gets out of there. Both teams brawl around the studio. 

Commercial Break

NWA National Champ Art Crews w/Rock Riddle vs. Gary Williams

Crews swings Williams to the ropes and shoulder blocks him down. Crews hits a standing leg drop then picks up Williams and suplexes him back. Crews swings Williams to the ropes and hits a flying shoulder tackle for the pin! Riddle runs and hands Crews the National title then raises his arm to the booing crowd. They head to the podium and are joined by Tom Prichard and Ken Timbs.

Crockett: Well fans, it's a reality, Art Crews is the NWA National Champion which means the title is with Rock Riddle and the Agency. 

Riddle: (Long pause as he smiles at David) Davey Davey Davey Davey Baby! What a glorious time for the Agency. Art, step forward and show David that beautiful National title. Doesn't that look so pretty Davey Baby. Listen to this, the NWA National Champion, Arthur W. Crews! That's a top billing name if I ever heard one. Arthur W. Crews, what a name! With Arthur W. Crews winning that title, the Agency is on fire baby! Speaking of fire, my main man Tom Prichard is coming after Tommy Rich and that TV title. Tommy, I still have a score to settle with you boy. The Doctor of Desire is bringing the TV title back to the Agency. Only a matter of time. Now, Ken Timbs, I have some really great news for you. Next week I'm bringing in a true A lister to team with you. This guy definitely  belongs in the Agency and is a perfect choice to be in the Fabulous Blondes. It wont take long for the Fabulous Blondes to bring the Agency some tag team gold baby. Those B level champs Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley might as well hand over the titles right now (smiles) Davey Baby, the Agency is the hottest commodity in wrestling right now and we're just going to get hotter! 

Riddle, Prichard, Timbs and Crews group hug and walk off as the fans boo. 

Crockett: Unbelievable. Fans, we'll be back.

Commercial Break

Hot Property vs. The Assassins w/The Assassin 

Hot Property seem to be thrown off by the new Assassins as they try to figure them out. Kazuo hits Savoldi with some hard striking kicks then follows with a roundhouse and tags in Cobra. Cobra hits a snap suplex, swings off the ropes and drops a knee. Assassins continue to dominate. The tide turns when Cobra goes for a back drop but Savoldi leapfrogs over him and tags in Travis. Travis nails Cobra with a running forearm smash. Kazuo runs in but gets back dropped. Travis drop kicks Cobra. Kazuo hits Travis from behind. Savoldi runs in and everybody is brawling. Hot Property swing the Assassins into each other. The Ref is guiding Kazuo back to his corner. Hot Property swings Cobra to the ropes and hit the Double Hot Shot! The Ref turns around and guides Savoldi back to the corner. The fans boo as the Flame gets up on the top turnbuckle. The Assassin runs around the ring and distracts both Savoldi and the Ref. The Flame fly's off the top turnbuckle and crashes down with an elbow on Travis. The Flame puts Cobra on top of Travis. The Ref turns around 1..2..3! Savoldi hits the ring as Kazuo pulls Cobra out of the ring. The Assassin and Flame hold up the Assassin's arms in victory as the crowd boos. 

Schiavone:  The Assassins steal a victory with help from the Flame. The Assassin has himself a very dangerous group of masked men. Fans in Greensboro, this weekend you will see a tournament as 8 men will compete, with the winner receiving 5,000 dollars and will be named number one contender to the US title. Well fans, as promised we're going to end the program with words from the United States Champion, the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase. I understand he's on vacation. See you next week.

Ted Dibiase is sitting on a beach. Bandages on forehead, sunglasses and having his shoulders massaged by a woman.

Dibiase: As you peons can see, I'm on a long overdue vacation and might I add well deserved (Laughs) You see, when you have vast amounts of money, which I do, you can go anywhere in the world you want. When your the United States Champion, which I am, you can defend the title whenever you want. Speaking of title defenses, at the Great American Bash, everybody saw me defeat that poor excuse, even for the working class, Jim Duggan. Did you people think for one second, the outcome would be any different? News flash peons, put back together your broken hearts and find a new hero. But this time don't get to attached because I'll just shatter your hopes again and again. Listen up Crocketts! From now on, I call the shots! Like I said earlier, I'll decide when and where I'll defend this title. Now, I'll be doing some traveling this month. I thought it would be fun to crush some top names in other promotions. And it gives me a whole new audience of hearts to break (Laughs). So Mid Atlantic, go ahead and hold this little number one contender tournament. And to the winner, don't spend the 5,000 dollar winnings in one place (Laughs) 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great after the Bash show.  So many new angles getting under way and so many reaching new heights.  My favorites include

Bad News Brown vs JJ and KKB:  This will be a war!

Mulligan going after Oliver and Valiant.  For some reason, I think Oliver may come out on top but this will be fun!

Dibiase:  Anything he does right now seems to turn to GOLD.... I could see him as the future of the NWA

Idol vs Fuller:  Two of the biggest names in Southern Wrastlin!  

MACW is on fire and a pleasure to read.  You have been a great addition to this project!

It feels so unusual for me to see Bad News Brown as a "babyface" but man does it work. That segment with JJ Dillon was awesome.

There's no way I'll ever refer Arthur W. Crews to Art Crews ever again. This is money right there!

Looks like The Assassin re-shuffling his group is already paying dividends. Cobra & Kazuo will be a force to be reckoned with !

I really like the follow up to the Bash and I personally like the pairing of Bull and Dusty. If you go back and look at Bull... he was pretty hot in Florida and Dusty is a Florida guy. It works in this world we've created. You look at how some people are pushed by others and angles that are criticized... I don't know how you can say that Bull isn't ready for primetime. That dude was in a high profile match at WrestleMania... he won a huge battle royal on NBC and Saturday Night's Main Event... fuck what he did in the real world he is something in the world we've created and I am glad you will give him a chance to do something more here than I was able to do. That's the point of what we're doing with this whole project in the first place. 

Couldn't agree more. What spaldoni and I are trying to do with Art Crews falls in the same category. He's been doing such a great job with Rock Riddle and the Agency that I had to put the National title on him just to have Rock Riddle cut more promos and putting those guys over. I knew nothing of Rock Riddle until spaldoni came along and took over Mid-Atlantic. That's the beauty of this Project. We're making nice discoveries along the way!

Orndorff challenging Tiger Jeet Singh makes me happy.  Polynesian power with a good babyface response to their circumstances.  Gantner makes a good showing and he's associating with the right people to go somewhere.  Robert Fuller is a favorite of mine and I like this feud with Idol a lot.  I wonder what Mark's news is.  Could his brother be joining him in the good fight?  Bad News sticking it to JJ is great stuff.  Rheingans is set up well as a heel after getting rid of Backlund.  Will Oliver and Valiant unite against this assault by Jones?  Is this all a ploy by Jones?  I'm looking forward to finding out.  Good first feud for Stampede Rush.  Caspian Empire are a solid upper midcard heel team.  Crews as a singles guy should be fun.  That name guarantees success.  I do wonder who Riddle is bringing in.  I like the new Assassins and how they still have a numbers advantage in a tag team match.  Ted is really bringing the heat on himself, which is great for everyone he comes in contact with.  Whatever babyface takes the title away from him is going to be a made man.

MACW @ The Coliseum, Greensboro NC 7-5-86

8-Man Tournament to determine the Number 1 US Title contender plus a 5,000 dollar prize for the winner

Bracket 1- Jimmy Snuka vs. Brad Rheingans / Rob Fuller vs. Mark Youngblood

Bracket 2- Corporal Kirchner vs. Iron Sheik / Tom Prichard vs. Sweet Brown Sugar

Round 1

'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka vs. 'Professor' Brad Rheingans

Brad gains control early as he executes some quick take downs followed by a snap suplex. Brad picks Snuka up and rakes his face across the top rope then slams his head on the turnbuckle and follows with a belly to back suplex and pin attempt but Snuka kicks out. Brad hits an atomic drop, then quickly follows with a running forearm to the back of the head. Brad swings off the ropes and drops a knee and covers 1..2  Kick out. Brad gets frustrated and chokes Snuka. Brad picks up Snuka, swings him to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Snuka swings back and nails Brad with a flying press 1..2..3!! The crowd pops as Snuka gets a pin out of nowhere. 

Mark Youngblood vs. Rob 'The Stud' Fuller

It's back and forth for the early part, then these two have a brutal exchange as Mark hits the chops and Fuller uses closed fist punches. Mark starts to get the upper hand, swings Fuller to the ropes and hits a diving thrust. Mark follows with a standing leg drop 1..2.Fuller kicks out. Mark swings Fuller to the ropes and back drops him, swings off the ropes and goes for a flying knee drop but Fuller moves. Fuller regroups and stomps down on Mark. Fuller swings Mark to the ropes and gives him a back elbow smash. Fuller picks Mark up and delivers a vertical suplex. Fuller gets on the 2nd turnbuckle and jumps off with a forearm drop but Mark moves and Fuller crashes down. Both men struggle to get up. Mark gets up, swings Fuller to the ropes and gives him a boot to the face. Mark swings off the ropes and hits a body splash 1..2..Fuller barely gets his shoulder up. Mark swings Fuller into the turnbuckles, hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and blasts away on Fuller. Mark hops down and swings Fuller to the opposite turnbuckles. Mark charges over but Fuller moves. Mark hits the turnbuckles and staggers back. Fuller rolls Mark up with a handful of tights 1..2..3! The crowd boos as Fuller advances. 

Corporal Kirchner vs. Iron Sheik w/ Alexis Smirnoff

Big time heat for this match up. The bell rings but Smirnoff stays on the apron and yells insults at Kirchner. Kirchner heads over. Sheik tries to attack Kirchner from behind but Kirchner turns around and blasts Sheik. Kirchner swings Sheik into Smirnoff, knocking him off the apron. Kirchner fires away on Sheik, swings him to the ropes and back drops him then body slams him. Kirchner swings off the ropes and hits a knee drop 1..2..Sheik kicks out. Kirchner goes to swing off the ropes but Smirnoff trips him. Kirchner turns around and heads towards Smirnoff. Sheik nails Kirchner from behind and gives him a back suplex. Sheik kicks away on Kirchner then chokes him. Sheik puts Kirchner's head on the bottom rope. Sheik distracts the Ref as Smirnoff chokes Kirchner on the rope. Sheik body slams Kirchner then stomps on the back. Sheik is ready to apply the camel clutch. Just as he sits on Kirchner, Kirchner rises up and drops Sheik back. The crowd starts chanting 'USA' as Kirchner shakes his fists. Sheik rises and Kirchner starts unloading on Sheik but Sheik stops him with an eye rake. Smirnoff gets on the apron. Sheik swings Kirchner towards Smirnoff but Kirchner reverses it and swings Sheik into Smirnoff. Smirnoff fly's off the apron and Sheik staggers back. Kirchner hoists Sheik up and crashes back with the Fallaway Slam 1..2..3! The crowd roars. Kirchner rolls out of the ring, grabs the American Flag and raises it high as he parades around the ring. 

'Doctor of Desire' Tom Prichard w/Rock Riddle vs. Sweet Brown Sugar

The crowd is into this one as these two go toe to toe and match hold for hold. Prichard swings Sugar to the ropes and bends down but Sugar sunset flips him 1..2..Kick out. Sugar swings Prichard into the turnbuckles and follows with a Monkey Flip. Sugar swings off the ropes and hits a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Sugar picks Prichard up but Prichard knees Sugar in the mid section and follows with a gut wrench suplex. Prichard swings off the ropes and hits a corkscrew elbow drop 1..2..Kick out. Prichard picks Sugar up and goes for a suplex but Sugar blocks it and suplexes Prichard back. The crowd is cheering Sugar on. Prichard staggers up and Sugar drop kicks him down. Sugar swings off the ropes and drops an elbow. Sugar hops up on the top turnbuckles. Riddle jumps up on the apron and is yelling at Sugar. The Ref is telling Riddle to get down. Prichard runs over, hops up on the turnbuckles and blasts away on Sugar. Prichard executes a Superplex 1..2..3! Riddle is jumping up and down as he celebrates with Prichard. 

Semi Finals

'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka vs. Rob 'The Stud' Fuller

These two are no strangers as they start off with a pretty good brawl. Snuka swings Fuller to the ropes and takes him down with a big chop. Snuka body slams Fuller, swings off the ropes and hits a flying knee drop 1..2..Kick out. Snuka picks up Fuller and swings him into the turnbuckles. Snuka charges in but Fuller runs forward and clotheslines Snuka down. Fuller regroups and chokes Snuka with his boot. Fuller picks Snuka up and drops him with a Gourdbuster. Fuller covers 1..2..Snuka barely gets a shoulder up. Fuller is livid and yells at the Ref while holding up 3 fingers. Fuller stomps and chokes away on Snuka. Fuller picks Snuka up and vertical suplexes him and covers 1..2..Snuka barley raises his shoulder. Fuller is furious and once again berates the Ref. Fuller picks Snuka up but Snuka grabs him by the ears and nails him with a jumping headbutt. Fuller staggers against the ropes. Snuka hits another jumping headbutt, sending Fuller through the ropes. The crowd cheers Snuka on. Snuka swings back off the ropes, runs forward and dives through the ropes, nailing Fuller! Fuller fly's back against the guard rail. Snuka is on the ground. The Ref starts the count. He gets to 9 and Snuka rolls into the ring just in time. Fuller tries to stand but falls back down. The fans roar as Jimmy Snuka wins by Countout and advances to the finals. 

Corporal Kirchner vs. 'Doctor of Desire' Tom Prichard w/Rock Riddle

The fans are rallying behind Kirchner as he swings Prichard to the ropes and puts him down with a fist to the head. Kirchner swings off the ropes and hits a fist drop and covers 1..2..Kick out. Kirchner picks Prichard up but Prichard rakes the eyes and body slams him. Prichard drops several knees then hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and comes off with a forearm drop and cover 1..2..Kick out. Prichard hits a backbreaker, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Kick out. Riddle is on the outside yelling at the Ref. The fans start cheering Kirchner on. Kirchner hits Prichard several times in the mid section then stands up and hits Prichard with several forearm shots. Kirchner swings Prichard to the ropes and clotheslines him. Kirchner swings Prichard into the turnbuckles. Prichard staggers forward and Kirchner body slams him. Prichard rolls out to the apron. Riddle runs over to comfort him. Kirchner grabs Prichard and lifts him up to suplex him back in the ring but Riddle reaches in and trips Kirchner. Kirchner falls back with Prichard on top. The Ref counts as Riddle holds on the Kirchner's foot 1..2..3! The crowd boos heavily. Tom Prichard advances to the finals against Jimmy Snuka. 

US Tag Team Title Bout

Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley (C) vs. NWA National Champ Arthur W. Crews and Ken Timbs w/Rock Riddle

The champs were signed to defend against the Fabulous Blondes before Crews won the National Title. Riddle holds up the National Title and tells Johnson and Cooley the Agency will be acquiring their titles in just a matter of moments. The champs look sharp tonight as they control the early stages. Johnson and Cooley swing Crews to the ropes and double hip toss him. Timbs runs in and gets a double drop kick. Crews staggers up and gets a double body slam followed by a double elbow drop. Order is restored and Cooley works over Crews. Cooley swings Crews to the ropes and hits a back elbow smash and tags in Johnson, who jumps up and lands an elbow drop on Crews. Johnson covers but Timbs drops a knee to break the count. Cooley runs in but the Ref guides him back. Timbs body slams Johnson and drags Crews to the corner and tags himself in. Timbs grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Johnson. Timbs grabs the top rope and chokes Johnson with his boot. Timbs swings Johnson into the corner. Crews chokes him as Timbs kicks away at the mid section. Cooley runs over but the Ref stops him and guides him back. Crews gets in and him and Timbs put the boots to Johnson and follow with a double vertical suplex. Crews takes over without a legal tag. Crews swings Johnson to the ropes and hits a shoulder tackle and cover 1..2..Cooley drops an elbow. Timbs runs in but Cooley drop kicks him back to the turnbuckles. Crews picks Johnson up but Johnson back drops him, turns around and makes the diving tag to Cooley. The fans roar as Cooley hammers away on Crews, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Timbs runs in but gets back dropped. Cooley continues to pound away on Crews, then rams his head several times on the top turnbuckle and tags in Johnson. Johnson hits a backbreaker on Crews then rolls him over and applies the Boston Crab! Timbs runs in but Cooley hits him several times and hoists him up and hits the Oklahoma Stampede! The Ref is asking Crews if he wants to submit. Crews is screaming in pain. A commotion comes over the crowd. A man with blonde hair is running down the aisle. It's Master G George Wells!!! He runs into the ring and hits Cooley with a flying shoulder tackle! He swings off the ropes and clotheslines Johnson! The Ref signals for the bell. Crews and Timbs are Disqualified! Riddle is ecstatic as he grabs the National Title and runs into the ring. Wells helps Timbs up. They pick up Cooley and drop him with a double Front Facelock Drop! Wells and Timbs help Crews up. Wells and Timbs pick up Johnson and double body slam him. Crews yells something to Riddle and Riddle nods his head yes. Crews goes out and gets the US tag titles. He gets in the ring and hands them to Riddle. Riddle tells Wells and Timbs the plan. Timbs holds up Johnson as Wells blasts him over the head with a US title belt, busting him open. They walk over to Cooley. Wells holds Cooley up as Timbs blasts him over the head with the belt, busting him open. The crowd throws garbage in the ring as Crews holds up the National Title while Wells and Timbs hold up the US titles. Wells and Timbs stand over the champs, smile and drop the titles on their chests. 

Short Intermission

Tournament Final

'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka vs. 'Doctor of Desire' Tom Prichard w/Rock Riddle

The announcer tells the crowd that the winner of this match will be declared the number one contender to the United States Title. He holds up the check and says the winner will also receive 5,000 dollars. All heat is on Riddle as the fans let him have it. The bell rings and Riddle is still in the ring. Snuka is a good friend of Johnson's so he runs after Riddle but Prichard nails him with a forearm blast to stop him. Riddle high tails it out of there. Prichard grabs Snuka and hits a gut wrench suplex. Prichard hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and crashes down with a forearm drop. Prichard covers but Snuka kicks out. Prichard picks Snuka up and slams his head on the turnbuckle but that has no affect. The crowd roars as Snuka grabs Prichard's head and slams it several times on the turnbuckle. Snuka picks up Prichard for a body slam but Riddle reaches in and grabs Snuka's leg. The Ref sees this as Snuka stumbles and awkwardly falls with Prichard. The Ref is yelling down at Riddle. The crowd goes nuts when the Ref signals for Riddle to leave. Riddle is throwing a fit. Prichard gets up and starts yelling at the Ref. Officials come out to escort Riddle out as the fans keep cheering. They take an irate Riddle away. A couple officials stick around to prevent any other interference. Prichard continues to yell at the Ref. Snuka gets up, grabs Prichard and headbutts him, sending him through the ropes. Snuka goes out after him and hurls him back in the ring. Snuka goes to the top rope. Prichard staggers up and Snuka crashes down with a double axe handle. Snuka picks up Prichard and drops him with a facebuster and covers 1..2..Prichard barley gets a shoulder up. Snuka picks up Prichard and swings him into the turnbuckles and charges in but Prichard just collapses as Snuka hits the turnbuckles hard. Prichard grabs the ropes and pulls himself up. Prichard grabs Snuka and executes a Sitout Gutwrench Powerbomb! Prichard signals that it's over as the fans boo. Prichard picks up Snuka and hits a Slingshot Suplex. Prichard arrogantly covers and doesn't hook the leg as he holds up fingers to count along with the Ref but Snuka raises his shoulder! Prichard cant believe it. The fans are cheering Snuka on. Prichard stomps away in anger on Snuka. Prichard picks up Snuka, swings him to the ropes and clamps on the Sleeper. The Ref is looking over Snuka, then raises his arm, the arm falls, the Ref raises it again and it falls, he does it again and is ready to ring the bell but the crowd explodes as Snuka holds up the arm! Snuka starts elbowing Prichard then runs backwards and slams him into the turnbuckles. Both men fall forward. The Ref begins the count. Both men stagger up at 8. They start exchanging blows. Out of nowhere, Prichard eye rakes Snuka, grabs his head, jumps over the ropes and snaps his head on the top rope. Prichard gets back in the ring, picks up Snuka and hoists him up on the turnbuckles. Prichard hops up and is going for the SuperPlex. Snuka hits him several times, grabs his head and headbutts him, sending Prichard flying back. Snuka hops up to the top turnbuckle. The crowd is on their feet as Snuka flashes the 'I love you' sign. He leaps off and nails Prichard with the Superfly Splash 1..2..3!!!! The crowd goes bonkers! The announcer hands Snuka the 5,000 dollar check as the Ref raises his arm. Jimmy Snuka is the number 1 contender to the United States Title! 

Oh boy... Snuka vs Dibiase is coming.  Should be awesome.  

Master G was a great watch in real life.  His feud with Hacksaw Reed in Mid-South was great.  Reed was the man there and Master G gave him all he could handle.  Looking for him to do great things in the MACW as you do wonders for the "almost" famous guys.

Really glad you guys liked the debut of George Wells here. The stars aligned on this. I was looking for a new partner for Timbs as the Fabulous Blondes, when Kev popped up George Wells name on Free Agency. I just thought the Master G gimmick would work so well here. This should be a lot of fun.

Side note- I always liked George Wells and growing up I had the pleasure of watching him wrestle live at the Oakland Coliseum. Man, he was over in the Bay Area. 

MACW @ The Civic Center, Wheeling WV 7-6-86

'Cowboy' Scott Casey vs. Vinnie Valentino

Fun fast paced opener as these guys go back and forth. They trade drop kicks, hip tosses and arm drags. Valentino almost gets the pin with a flying body press but Casey kicks out. Casey comes back, swings Valentino into the turnbuckles, clamps on a headlock and hits the Running Bulldog for the pin! 

Bull Gantner vs. Chick Donovan 

Donovan attacks Bull as the bell rings. Donovan breaks the rules with some choking on the ropes then shows off some power with a couple body slams. The tide turns when Donovan swings Bull to the ropes and misses a clothesline, Bull swings back and hits a clothesline that flips Donovan over! That gets a huge pop from the crowd. Bull gets pumped up and body slams Donovan a couple times then follows with a Gorilla Press/Slam. Bull swings off the ropes and hits a running jumping knee drop for the pin! The crowd cheers as Bull flexes his muscles for them. 

Hot Property vs. The Assassins (Cobra and Kazuo) w/The Assassin

After what happened on TV, Hot Property storms the ring and takes the fight to the Assassins. The Assassin runs out of there. Hot Property swings the Assassins to the ropes and hit them with drop kicks. Order is restored and Cobra starts off with Travis. Travis hip tosses Cobra and drop kicks him into the turnbuckles. Cobra staggers forward and Travis hits him with a sidewalk slam. Travis tags in Savoldi, who jumps off the turnbuckles with a knee drop and cover 1..2..Kazuo breaks it with a kick. Travis runs in and sends Kazuo back with a running forearm blast. Savoldi swings Cobra to the turnbuckles and follows with a monkey flip. Savoldi swings off the ropes and drops a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Kazuo breaks the count. Savoldi tags in Travis. They swing Cobra to the ropes and double back drop him. The Assassin gets on the apron and Hot Property run over and blast him with a double forearm shot, sending him flying. The Ref guides Savoldi back while Kazuo nails Travis with a roundhouse kick. Cobra staggers up and suplexes Travis, then tags in Kazuo. Kazuo kicks away on Travis, jumps up and crashes down with a knee and cover 1..2..Kick out. Kazuo picks up Travis, swings him to the ropes and nails him with a kick to the face. Kazuo suplexes Travis and covers 1..2..Savoldi breaks the count. Cobra comes in and him and Savoldi start fighting. Kazuo picks up Travis but Travis kicks him and suplexes him back. Hot Property swing Cobra to the ropes and hit the Double Hot Shot! The Ref is trying to get control as he is guiding Savoldi back to the corner. The fans boo as The Flame runs out. He gets up on the top turnbuckles and hits Travis with a double Axe handle just as the Ref turns around. The Ref signals for the Disqualification! Everybody starts fighting while the bell rings several times. 

Bad News Brown vs. Mike Sharpe

Sharpe tries to brawl with Brown but Brown gets the best of him and just starts pummeling him. Brown grabs the top rope and stomps away on Sharpe. Brown body slams Sharpe and follows with a forearm drop. Brown picks up Sharpe and swings him hard into the turnbuckles. Sharpe staggers forward and Brown hits the Ghetto Blaster for the pin! The crowd cheers but Brown just puts his foot on Sharpe's chest and raises his fist in the air with a scowl. 

The Flame w/The Assassin vs. Spike Huber w/Pedro Morales

Huber starts off strong as he swings Flame into the ropes and back drops him. Flame staggers up, Huber swings off the ropes and drops him with a running forearm blast. Huber body slams Flame and follows with a standing leg drop and cover 1..2..Kick out. Assassin gets up on the apron but Morales runs over and pulls him down, winds up and clocks the Assassin. Huber picks up Flame but Flame rakes the eyes and hits a Hangman Neckbreaker. Flame drags Huber to the ropes and starts choking him on the bottom rope breaking at the count of 4. Flame repeats this several times. A roar comes over the crowd as Hot Property runs to the ring and start hammering away on The Flame. The Ref signals for the Disqualification. Hot Property swings The Flame to the ropes and hit a Double Hot Shot! Morales gets in to check on his partner. The Assassins run in and the brawl is on! Hot Property end up drop kicking The Assassins out of the ring. The Flame just rolls out of the ring. The Assassin regroups his men and escorts them out. Morales helps Huber up. Hot Property check on Huber and apologize for interfering in his match. Huber pushes Travis then shoves Savoldi. They're still apologizing but Huber shoves them again. Morales steps in and calms Huber down. Huber throws up his hands and exits the ring. Hot Property continue to apologize to Morales. Morales nods at them and shake their hands as they walk out together. 

Polynesian Power vs. The Southern Ramblers w/Paul Jones

It's announced that the NWA Board of Directors have decided that due to the interference from Paul Jones during their last match for a shot at the NWA National Tag Titles, a rematch has been ordered. So tonight's match will be for a shot at the National Titles on July 19th. The crowd loves this and you can imagine the tantrum Jones is throwing. Polynesian Power controls the early part with quick tags and high offense. Ramblers get their segment next by bending the rules and double teaming. A brawl breaks out as the Ref looses control. Rich and Tui are fighting in a corner while Sakalia and Rose are fighting in the opposite corner. Polynesian Power swing the Ramblers into each other, they stagger back and Polynesian Power each hit an atomic drop that sends the Ramblers crashing into each other again. The Ref is trying to get control as he guides Tui back to the corner. Sakalia hoists up Rose for a suplex but Rich dives over and clips Sakalia behind the knees. The Ramblers pick up Sakalia and hit a double front face suplex. The Ref guides Rich to the corner. Rich sticks his boot out and Rose rams Sakalia's head on it then body slams him and follows with a corner sling shot splash and tags in Rich. Rich picks up Sakalia, and hits the Snake Eyes on the top turnbuckle. Rich covers but Tui runs across to break the count then nails Rose, which sends him flying. The Ref guides Tui back. Jones is yelling up at Rich and tosses up the cane but Sakalia intercepts it and wallops Rich with it! Sakalia wobbles to the corner and the fans explode as he tags in Tui. Tui gets up on the top turnbuckles and crashes down with the flying elbow drop 1..2..3!!! The crowd explodes! Jones is having a breakdown and berating the Ref. Polynesian Power get the National Tag Title shot. 

Mid Atlantic Champ 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff and TV Champ Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich

VS.

The Awesome Twosome (Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez)

What a match! The crowd is really into this one as these guys go all out. Orndorff and Rich start out with a bang as Rude and Fernandez are bumping all over the place. The crowd is on fire! Rich swings Rude to the ropes and hits a running elbow smash, picks him up and suplexes him, swings off the ropes and comes down with a fist drop. Rude is finally able to tag Fernandez but Rich fires away and hits him with a suplex slam, then tags in Orndorff. Orndorff jumps off the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a diving forearm drop. Orndorff picks up Fernandez and German suplexes him back 1..2..Rude breaks the count. Rich comes in and fires away on Rude, sending him back. Orndorff vertical suplexes Fernandez, swings off the ropes with a diving knee drop then tags in Rich. Rich comes off the 2nd turnbuckle with a diving fist drop 1..2..Rude breaks the count. Orndorff runs in and hammers Rude to the corner. The Ref is guiding Orndorff back. Rude charges and nails Rich from behind with a high knee. Fernandez rolls over and tags in Rude. Rude drops several knees on Rich then picks him up and hits a delayed backbreaker. Rude picks up Rich and hits another delayed backbreaker and covers 1..2..Rich barely gets a shoulder up. Rude tags in Fernandez. They double body slam Rich, then Fernandez swings off the ropes and drops an elbow 1..2..Rich gets his shoulder up. Fernandez picks up Rich and pushes him into the turnbuckles and follows with some back hand chops then tags in Rude. Rude just punches and kicks away on Rich as Fernandez chokes him. Orndorff comes running over with fists flying. The Ref guides him back while Fernandez and Rude continue the double teaming. Rude suplexes Rich then tags in Fernandez, who climbs to the top turnbuckle and jumps off with a knee drop but Rich moves. Fernandez crashes down. The fans cheer Rich on. Rich rolls over and tags in Orndorff just as Rude gets tagged in. The fans roar as they exchange punches. Orndorff fires away, swings Rude to the ropes and hits a high knee. Fernandez comes in but Orndorff sends him back with a right fist. Rude staggers up and Orndorff hits a belly to belly suplex. Orndorff picks up Rude and hits the short arm clothesline. The fans roar as Orndorff makes the signal. Orndorff hoists up Rude but Fernandez comes from behind with a clothesline. Rich comes in and fires away on Fernandez. Order is restored and Orndorff tags in Rich as Rude tags in Fernandez. Fernandez swings Rich to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Rich swings back and hits the Thesz Press 1..2..Rude breaks the count. Orndorff runs in and another brawl ensues. During the melee the Ref gets knocked down. Orndorff clotheslines Rude over the top rope and goes back to his corner. Rich and Fernandez continue to brawl. The fans boo as Tiger Jeet Singh runs down the aisle and nails Orndorff on his back with the sword! Singh pulls Orndorff off the apron and hits him repeatedly with the sword. Rude gets a chair and gets in the ring and nails Rich from behind with the chair. Rude picks up Rich and hits the Rude Awakening! Rude helps the Ref up as Fernandez covers. The Ref crawls over 1..2..3! The fans are furious! Security runs out to stop Singh's assault on Orndorff. Rude helps Fernandez up and they raise their arms high to the booing crowd.  

18 Man Battle Royal

Scott Casey, Vinnie Valentino, Chick Donovan, Joe Savoldi, Billy Travis, Bull Gantner, Steve Pardee, Pat Rose, Cobra, Kazuo, The Flame, Spike Huber, Pedro Morales, Mike Sharpe, Tui Selinga, Super Samoan Sakalia, Johnny Rich, Randy Rose, 

Fists and bodies are flying everywhere. Gantner eliminates Sharpe and Donovan with a double clothesline! The Assassins and Flame work together and eliminate Pardee and Valentino. Polynesian Power and Southern Ramblers are going at it. Polynesian Power hit flying presses that sends all 4 men over the top rope! They continue to fight on the outside and all the way up the aisle. Hot Property send Pat Rose over the top rope, then Spike Huber comes from behind and hurls Savoldi over the top. Huber and Travis get into a heated shoving match then start fighting. Morales is kind of caught up in the middle. The Assassins and Flame charge over and dump Travis, Huber and Morales over the top. Huber and Travis start pushing each other on the outside as Morales plays peacemaker. It's down to Scott Casey, Bull Gantner, The Assassins and The Flame. The Assassins start double teaming Gantner. Casey drop kicks the Flame into the corner and charges in but Flame moves. Casey staggers back, Flame grabs him by his head and hurls him over the top rope! The Assassins pick up Gantner and hit a double stomach breaker. The Flame leaps off the top rope and drops an elbow on Gantner. The Assassin is on the outside telling his boys to send a message and punish him some more. The Flame picks up Gantner. Kuzuo hits Gantner with a spinning roundhouse kick and Cobra follows with a quick knee strike that sends Gantner down. Flame picks up Gantner and swings him into the turnbuckles. Flame charges in but Gantner back drops him over the top and onto the floor! The fans are going crazy. Assassin is panicking and telling his team to eliminate him. The Assassins charge in and stomp away. They swing Gantner to the ropes but Gantner comes back with a diving shoulder tackle, knocking the Assassins down! The crowd cheers Gantner on as he regroups and gets pumped up. Gantner drops a knee on Cobra, picks up Kazuo, runs with him and hurls him over the top rope! Cobra staggers up. Gantner hammers away on him, picks him up and presses him over his head, then throws him over the top rope and onto Kazuo. Both Assassins fall on the ground as the bell rings. The crowd roars as Bull Gantner wins the Battle Royal! 

Rough night for Paul Jones as The Southern Ramblers lost their National Tag Team title shot more than once.

The co-main event was awesome. No better way to steal the house than putting two solid champs like Orndorff & Tommy Rich together against a dastardly duo like The Awesome Twosome. Didn't see the interference of Tiger Jeet Singh coming and that's gonna make for an intriguing feud over the Mid-Atlantic title. Personally, you've done such a great job with the Mid-Atlantic title that I see it on par with the US title. Orndorff is as important a champion as Ted Dibiase so kudos on that one.

And Bull Gantner is still on a role, even in Mid-Atlantic!

7-5-86 TV Show was a great Post Bash reset show that helped start the build to the next show.

7-5-86 Absolutely loved this show the 1night tournament was awesome and the final was a great choice and cant wait for Snuka vs Dibiase. 

7-6-86 another solid show but for me was a one match card the champs vs Awesome Twosome simply great.

Great win for Superfly getting the US title shot and five grand!

I totally forgot to mention in my last post how much I enjoyed Master G being a member of the Agency.

I can imagine how hot the crowd was for the Rich/Orndorff vs. Rude/Fernandez match....great stuff!!

Great call in Gantner winning the battle royal, he's coming in with some great momentum...good to keep that going for a bit to sell the fans on him.

Another really good show here.  Love the title shot for Polynesian Power.  The Battle Royal was a great way to continue to build Bull Gantner.

Growing up as a kid I was a big Wildfire fan but was I found myself rooting for the Awesome Twosome here as I feel they could be really big and I wanted them to continue on their roll.

Oooh, two shows!  

Snuka and Fuller are good choices to move on in the tournament.  Kirchner as the All-American midcard hero has been a really fun run so far.  Prichard was the obvious choice for his opponent, but that match with SBS would have been really good.  Snuka and Fuller revisited was a fun match too.  I liked the high risk/something new nature of the finish.  Puts over that these two know one another and you have to do something pretty big and unexpected to get the duke.  I'm just going to go ahead and say I would enjoy a Kirch vs. Prichard feud.  Great reveal for Master G (who I am unfamiliar with) and I look forward to the Cooley/Johnson feud as the Rock Riddle promos should be great.  Snuka saving the Supafly Splash for the finals was great.  Love the idea of Snuka vs. DiBiase as he's been groomed for it over the last few months.  The fans definitely got their money's worth in Greensboro.

Scott Casey getting a win is cool.  I like JTTS wins over lower jobbers.  Nice squash for Gantner.  He should be fed jobbers regularly.  Hot Property end up in a lot of heated feuds.  Travis is better as a heel to me, but a good enough puncher to play babyface.  Sharpe chose the wrong guy to brawl with.  I wonder if Spike Huber will be forgiving.  Polynesian Power is so hot right now.  I sense big things in their future.  What a great tag match for everyone involved.  Not a big fan of battle royals, but it was a good way to put Bull Gantner over.

MACW @ WTBS Studios TV (Recorded 7-9) Aired 7-12-86

The show opens with footage from Greensboro as Jimmy Snuka officially becomes the number one contender to the United States Title by winning an 8 man tournament. 

Schiavone: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. With me as always is David Crockett. David as we saw at the top of the program, Jimmy Snuka is the number one contender to the US title. 

Crockett: Great news for the Superfly. I understand he will get his shot at the US title next month in Greensboro. Speaking of the US champion, I understand The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase will grace us with a live appearance in the studio today. 

Schiavone: Should be interesting. Lot's of action in store today. Sweet Brown Sugar takes on Randy Rose of the Southern Ramblers. Also in action will be The Flame, Hot Property, The Fabulous Blondes, Tony St. Clair.

Crockett: Austin Idol will be in the ring, as well as the Caspian Empire. DJ Peterson and The Great Gama will be making their Mid Atlantic debuts. And in a blockbuster main event, Tommy Rich will defend the TV title against former champ, Tom Prichard. 

Schiavone: Well fans...wait a minute what's going on here?

Boos come from the fans as US Champ,Ted Dibiase walks out with JJ Dillon and King Kong Bundy. Dibiase is getting some serious heat here. 

Dibiase: You peons keep your mouths shut and that includes the two of you (looking at Crockett and Schiavone). I understand Jimmy Snuka is now the number one contender to my US title. I have more pressing issues right now so I'll address that 2nd rate loser another time. You know, there's a reason I have so much money and that's because I'm a very shrewd and savvy business man. Now, I'm happy to say I have worked out a deal with another brilliant business man, James J. Dillon. A very historic deal, perhaps, literally the biggest deal in history. Today I have officially acquired the contract of one King Kong Bundy (the laugh) 

Big smiles from JJ and Bundy. 

Schiavone: Oh my! 

Dibiase: Oh my is right. Everybody saw the recent theft committed by Bad News Brown. That criminal steals 10,000 dollars and gets away with it! I couldn't let that happen to a great man like JJ Dillon. JJ has been fully compensated plus a whole lot more. King Kong Bundy is the most destructive force in wrestling and is worth every penny I paid. King Kong Bundy is one of my greatest investments. Rest assure JJ, Bad News Brown wont get away with this and he will be taken care of.  

JJ: Mr. Dibiase, I want to tell you what a pleasure it has been doing business with you. You certainly wont regret this. (JJ arrogantly smiles) I myself have an investment in mind. Mr. Dibiase, here is the official contract of King Kong Bundy. Once again, a pleasure Sir.

JJ hands Dibiase the contract, shakes hands with him and Bundy, then exits. 

Schiavone: I cant believe this. King Kong Bundy, any comments?

Bundy: Hey! Mr. Dibiase is going to make me a wealthy man. But don't think for one second I'm going to get comfortable and soft. Bad News Brown! We have a score to settle and it's going to end with you getting the Avalanche! 

Bundy heads to the ring for his match.

Dibiase: (Laughs) As always, money well spent. Just look how my other investments are doing, I'm talking about the Awesome Twosome. You see, I don't have to come out and escort my men to the ring. They don't need guidance. They win matches and we all make money. Simple! Well, Gentlemen the pleasure was all yours. (looks around) Jeez, I hope I don't have to come back to this place for a long time. 

King Kong Bundy vs. Tim Straw

Bundy charges and mows down Straw. Bundy swings off the ropes and drops a giant elbow. Bundy picks up Straw, swings him to the turnbuckles and charges in with the Avalanche! Bundy grabs Straw and throws him to the center of the ring. Bundy swings off the ropes and hits the Big Splash for the pin! 

Commercial Break

Crockett: I still cant believe what we just witnessed. Ted Dibiase has purchased the contract of King Kong Bundy. Dibiase now owns the contracts of Bundy as well as Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez, the Awesome Twosome. I have to hand it to him, those are good investments. Back to the ring.

DJ Peterson vs. Lou Simms

DJ gets the crowd going as he swings Simms to the ropes and hits a Power Slam! DJ grabs the legs and hits a diving headbutt to the mid section then wraps Simms up in the Scorpion Deathlock to get the submission! DJ pumps his fists to the cheering crowd. 

Schiavone: Impressive debut with DJ Peterson. Fans, I want to bring out Mark Youngblood. Mark, I understand you have some news for us?

Mark: (Waves to the fans) Yes I do Tony. I'm excited to say that my brother Chris will be returning next week. He's been gaining experience around the world and I'm proud to say the Renegade Warriors will be back in action! 

Schiavone: Great news indeed! Looking forward to watching the Renegade Warriors in action next week. Back to the ring.

The Flame w/The Assassin vs. Roger Murphy

The Flame punches Murphy down and follows with stomps. The Flame picks up Murphy and rams his head several times on the turnbuckle. The Flame body slams Murphy then goes to the top turnbuckle. The Flame crashes down with a flying elbow drop for the pin! The Assassin raises The Flame's arm as the fans boo.

Commercial Break

Fabulous Blondes (Ken Timbs and Master G George Wells) w/ Rock Riddle vs. Carl Hillman and Jay Jones

Timbs swings Hillman to the ropes and hits a knee to the mid section. Timbs suplexes Hillman and tags in Wells. Wells swings Hillman to the ropes and hits a shoulder tackle then tags in Timbs. They hit the Double Front Facelock Drop for the pin! The fans boo as they head to the podium. Tom Prichard joins them. 

Footage is shown of Master G debuting and the 3 on 2 attack on Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley. 

Crockett: I'm sure you're happy with yourself and the Agency. 

Riddle: Lighten up Davey Baby. I'm sensing some hostility in your voice. Just relax, after all, we are friends. I told you I had a surprise and did I come through or what? In the movies, there's nothing like a surprise appearance from a big star. Master G George Wells fits the billing baby. You saw what my Blondes did to those B level so called champions. The Fabulous Blondes are going to be wearing the gold real soon. Speaking of gold, by the end of this program, Tom Prichard is going to get back his TV title. Right Tom?

Prichard: You said it Rock. Tommy Rich, right here, live on television, I'm taking back my title. The title belongs around the waist of a star. 

Riddle: (Pats David on the back) The future is looking bright, wouldn't you say Davey Baby? 

Crockett: (looking annoyed) Fans, we'll be back

Commercial Break

Hot Property vs. Lloyd London and Aaron Arbuckle

Hot Property hit a double back drop on London, who crawls over and tags in Arbuckle. Travis swings Arbuckle to the ropes and hits a sidewalk slam then tags in Savoldi. Savoldi jumps off the 2nd turnbuckle with a knee drop then tags in Travis. They swing Arbuckle to the ropes and hit the Double Hot Shot for the pin! 

Hot Property cuts a promo on The Assassins and says if The Flame gets involved they have an insurance policy waiting. 

Tony St. Clair vs. Gary Williams

St. Clair snap mares Williams over and follows with a head snap then swings off the ropes and hits a heels first drop kick. St. Clair climbs to the top turnbuckle. Williams staggers up and St. Clair nails him with the Flying Body Press for the pin! 

It's announced that on July 19th in Florida, St. Clair will take on Tiger Jeet Singh in an Anything Goes Match! 

Commercial Break

Sweet Brown Sugar vs. Randy Rose w/Johnny Rich and Paul Jones

Fun back and forth match. Jones and Rich are really interfering and distracting Sugar throughout the match. Rose takes advantage of this and nails Sugar from behind. Rose slams Sugar's head on the turnbuckle and body slams him, then follows with a corner sling shot splash and cover 1..2..Sugar gets his foot on the rope. Rose swings Sugar to the ropes and ducks down but Sugar hits a sunset flip 1..2..3!!! The crowd roars as Sugar pulls off the quick pin out of nowhere. Jones and Rich charge the ring. The Ramblers put the boots to Sugar. The crowd roars as Jimmy Valiant hits the ring. He fires away on the Ramblers but Blackjack Mulligan hits the ring and punches Valiant. Once again the crowd cheers as Rip Oliver hits the ring with fists flying! Everybody is fighting! Sugar drop kicks Rose from behind and sends him through the ropes. Valiant hurls Rich over the top rope while Oliver clotheslines Mulligan over the top! Jones is irate and helps his boys out of there. Oliver and Valiant back up into each other. They turn around and hold up their fists. Sugar intervenes and plays peacemaker. They all head to the podium. 

Oliver: (looking at Valiant) Listen Valiant, there's no reason in the world for you to trust me. However, I will give you just one valid reason...Paul Jones. It seems we have a common enemy. I'm sure Sweet Brown Sugar wants in. I'm in! So, Valiant, if you want to help in the fight, I'll fight side by side with you and I'll earn your trust! 

The fans cheer as Valiant looks out at them. 

Sugar: Boys, you know you can count on me! Jimmy, we need you brother. 

Valiant: Sugar, we're brothers, you know I'll always back you up. Oliver, the past few months I've despised you, however lately you've shown some good qualities against a man I have a bitter hatred for and yes I'm talking about Paul Jones. Sugar says you're ok, then I'll give you the chance. I'm in!

The fans roar as Valiant and Oliver shake hands. 

Commercial Break

The Great Gama (Gama Singh) vs. Brad Kimber

Gama swings Kimber to the ropes and back drops him then follows with a high knee that sends him into the turnbuckles. Gama hits a money flip, swings off the ropes and drops an elbow. Gama picks up Kimber and drops him with a backbreaker. Gama clamps on the Boston Crab to get the submission victory! Gama heads to the podium.

Schiavone: Welcome to Mid Atlantic, I see why they call you Great Gama.

Gama: (Smiles) Thank you Tony Schiavone. It's a nickname that's....

The fans boo as Brad Rheingans comes over.

Brad: Whoa, wait just a minute. Great? They call you great? That's funny because, watching from the back, you didn't look so great to me. As a matter of fact you might not even pass for mediocre. I'm the Professor of wrestling, so I know. 

Schiavone: Stop causing trouble, this isn't your time Mr. Rheingans, it's Great Gama's time. 

Brad: There's that word again. Do not call him great. I'm a great wrestler and calling him great insults me. Take a hike Gama before I give you a wrestling lesson you'll never forget. 

Gama starts to walk away but Rheingans pushes him. Gama holds up his arms and slowly walks by, then clamps on a sleeper! Rheingans is trying to fight it but Gama has that cinched on tight! Officials run out as Gama just lays Brad down on the ground slowly. The fans cheer as Gama walks away with a smile. 

Commercial Break

Caspian Empire vs. Dave Penson and Ken Jenkins

Sheik hits a Gut Wrench suplex on Jenkins then proceeds to stomp away. Sheik tags in Smirnoff, who flies off the top turnbuckle with a knee drop. Smirnoff throws Jenkins across the ring, Jenkins tags in Penson. Smirnoff hammers away on Penson and body slams him then tags in Sheik. Sheik stomps on the back then applies the Camel Clutch for the victory! Sheik wont release the Camel Clutch. Jenkins runs in but Smirnoff clotheslines him and hurls him through the ropes. Sheik wrenches away as Smirnoff kicks Penson's head. The Ref is pleading with them. Smirnoff grabs the Ref and throws him down. The crowd cheers as the Stampede Rush hits the ring. They swing Smirnoff to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow smash. They pound away on Sheik then double body slam him. They pick up Sheik and throw him through the ropes, then do the same to Smirnoff. The fans cheer as Myers and Brown raise their fists to them. 

Commercial Break

Crockett: Ok, order has been restored. Wow that situation between the Caspian Empire and Stampede Rush has gotten out of control fast. Speaking of out of control. Last weekend, Tiger Jeet Singh attacked the Mid Atlantic Champ, Paul Orndorff during a tag team match. I want to take you to some comments made earlier by Tiger Jeet Singh. 

Singh: I've told everybody here that I abide to no rules! I see something I want and I will take it! This so called Mr. Wonderful calls himself a champion? He's a pretty boy and I mess up pretty faces for a living! Your title will soon be mine! As for that other pretty boy, Tony St. Clair, on July 19th I will finally finish you off. Anything goes! This match is a playground for me. I end you on the 19th St. Clair and then I get your title Orndorff. Nobody is safe from the wrath of Tiger Jeet Singh! 

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol vs. Clyde Putnam

Idol swings Putnam to the ropes and hits a clothesline. Idol swings off the ropes and drops an elbow. Idol picks up Putnam and hits the Shin Breaker then clamps on the Las Vegas Leg Lock for the win! Idol winks at the crowd and gives them a right arm bicep pose. 

Idol cuts a promo and says Rob Fuller is going to pay for his part in costing him the NWA World Title. 

Commercial Break

Crockett:  Fans, before we get to our main event, I want to bring out the number one contender to the US title, Superfly Jimmy Snuka. 

Huge ovation as Jimmy comes out waving to them.

Snuka: It's my pleasure to be out here and to stand as the number one US title contender. Dibiase, brotha, it seems to me that you're underestimating me. You're focused on your business deals. You loose focus with me in the ring brotha and I guarantee you, the title will be mine. Dibiase, as the clock ticks forward, the Superfly gets closer.

The fans cheer as Jimmy flashes them the 'I love you' sign. 

Main Event TV Title Bout

Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich (C) vs. 'The Doctor of Desire' Tom Prichard w/Rock Riddle

The bell rings and Prichard charges over but gets hip tossed and drop kicked. Rich hits a vertical suplex, swings off the ropes and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Kick out. Prichard turns the tide with an eye rake and body slam. Prichard swings Rich into the corner and follows with a knee to the mid section. Prichard hoists Rich up and suplexes him back. Prichard swings off the ropes and hits a corkscrew elbow and covers 1..2..Kick out. Prichard pounds away on Rich then hoists him up on the turnbuckles. Prichard hops up and goes for the Superplex but Rich starts firing away on Prichard then a right punch sends Prichard flying back. Rich jumps off with a flying fist drop and covers but Riddle gets up on the apron and distracts the Ref. The Ref is telling Riddle to get down. Rich comes over and grabs Riddle. Rich is shaking Riddle. The fans boo as the Fabulous Blondes hit the ring and pound away on Rich! The Ref signals for the Disqualification! The fans jump out of their seats as Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley hit the ring! Their heads are bandaged up but their fists are flying! Prichard and Rich get up and all 6 men are fighting as the show ends. 

July 19th, Ocean Center, Daytona Beach FL

'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes and Bull Gantner vs. Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez

National Tag Team Title Bout

Rock n Roll Express (C) vs. Polynesian Power

Anything Goes Match

Tony St. Clair vs. Tiger Jeet Singh

Stampede Rush vs. Caspian Empire

Taped Fist Match

Corporal Kirchner vs. Canadian International Champ Don Kernodle

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol vs. Rob 'The Stud' Fuller 

Wow, Dibiase raises the stakes by purchasing the contract of King Kong Bundy! This is a game changer and means that US title is even safer around Teddy's waist.

Rock Riddle is on a roll with the addition of Crews and Master G but can't seem to get back that TV title.

Great card for Daytona Beach...I find myself really looking forward to the taped fist match between Corp and Kernodle.

Oh man, DiBiase buying Bundy's contract is such an awesome deal.  I know Bad News is a legit badass, but I'm not sure he's ready for what's coming.  Good debut for Peterson and I called Chris coming back. :)  The Flame and the new Blondes have good showings, necessary for as new as they are.  Rock Riddle continues to be incredibly entertaining.  Great job with him.  Something about Hot property cutting a promo on the Flame.  Oliver and Rich, allies?  Big debut for Gama Singh and I'm sure the Professor will have an answer.  I love the idea of a Canadian team taking on the foreign heels. :)  Tiger Jeet Singh is a busy man, but being crazy will do that.  Idol and Fuller is a great 80s Southern feud.  Looking forward to how it plays out.  Snuka is in the right spot to challenge DiBiase as an underdog.  Which should get him more over.  I doubt Prichard is going to be happy with the Blondes costing him the title.  I liked Cooley and Johnson showing up to get revenge.

Great card so far for Florida.  Kirchner vs. Kernodle has been a rally hot midcard feud and I am excited to see that match.  I also think the RnRs and Polynesians are going to have visitors during their match. :)

Such balance to the show!  On the big side, Snauka to get a title shot while Dibiase buys the contract of KKB.  A great TV title angle just got better as one of your top mid-card angles and then we keep seeing all of these people that were left to die in free agency excite the hell out of us each and every week!

MACW @ The Coliseum, Hampton VA 7-12-86

Vinnie Valentino vs. Steve Pardee

Fun fast paced opener. The tide turns several times. Pretty good finish as both men trade near falls until the bell rings. The match ends in a draw. After the match, both men shake hands and get a good reaction from the crowd. 

DJ Peterson vs. Mike Sharpe

Sharpe unloads on DJ, then stomps him in the corner. Sharpe body slams DJ and follows with an elbow off the 2nd turnbuckle 1..2..Kick Out. DJ makes a comeback, swings Sharpe to the ropes and back drops him. DJ gets on the 2nd turnbuckle, Sharpe stands up and DJ hits a flying dropkick. DJ grabs Sharpe's legs then hits a diving headbutt to the mid section. DJ applies the Scorpion Deathlock! Sharpe submits and the Ref signals for the bell. The fans cheer as DJ jumps up and down while shaking his fists. 

Mark Youngblood vs. Rob 'The Stud' Fuller

Mid way through the match they have a furious exchange as Fuller uses his fists and Mark chops away. Mark gets the upper hand, swings Fuller to the ropes and puts him down with a diving thrust shot. Mark body slams Fuller and climbs to the top turnbuckle. Fuller stands and Mark crashes down with a chop to the head. Mark follows with a standing leg drop and covers but Fuller kicks out. Mark swings Fuller into the turnbuckles and follows with a boot to the head. Mark swings Fuller to the other turnbuckles and charges in but Fuller lifts his knees. Mark hits the knees and falls back. The Ref doesn't see Fuller's feet on the turnbuckles as he grabs Mark's legs and pushes forward 1..2..3! Fuller is still a bit wobbly as he rolls out of the ring. 

Sweet Brown Sugar and 'Boogie Woogie Man' Jimmy Valiant vs. The Assassins w/The Assassin 

The Assassins are subbing for the Southern Ramblers tonight. I think this change has thrown Sugar and Valiant off a bit but Sugar is quite familiar with The Assassins. Sugar and Cobra are going at it but Kazuo hits Sugar with a kick from the apron. Sugar staggers forward and Cobra hits a snap suplex. Cobra tags in Kazuo. Kazuo nails Sugar with several kicks then drops a knee from the 2nd turnbuckle and tags in Cobra. They hit a double stomach breaker. Cobra covers 1..2..Sugar barely gets his shoulder up. Cobra swings Sugar to the ropes and bends down but Sugar leap frogs over, swings back and nails Cobra with a drop kick and tags in Valiant! The crowd roars as Valiant swings off the ropes and drops an elbow 1..2..Kazuo breaks the count. The Ref guides Kazuo back. Valiant and Sugar hit a double suplex on Cobra while The Assassin is screaming at the Ref. Valiant body slams Cobra and tags in Sugar. Sugar leaps off the top turnbuckles and hits a flying leg drop 1..2..Kazuo breaks the pin. Valiant runs in and punches away on Kazuo. The Ref is trying to regain order. He guides Valiant back. Sugar and Cobra stand up. Kazuo runs over and hits Sugar with a spinning roundhouse kick. Cobra follows with a German Suplex 1..2..3!

Rip Oliver vs. Blackjack Mulligan w/Paul Jones 

The bell rings and the brawl is on. Jones is still on the apron yelling. Oliver swings Mulligan to the ropes and clotheslines him, then charges and knocks Jones off the apron! Oliver stomps on Mulligan and drops several elbows. Oliver's momentum is stopped with an eye rake and body slam. Mulligan gets his shots in. The fight goes back and forth and eventually both men fight through the ropes and to the outside. The Ref is counting while Oliver and Mulligan tear into each other. The Ref counts to 10 and signals for the Double Countout. The bell is ringing but they keep fighting. Jones is still in a daze. The fans cheer as they keep fighting around the ring until officials come out to break it up. 

TV Title Bout

Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich (C) vs. 'The Doctor of Desire' Tom Prichard w/Rock Riddle

These two are giving the fans their money's worth as they go back and forth. Rich gains momentum with a back drop and body slam. Rich gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle and comes down with a fist drop 1..2..Riddle pulls Prichard's foot under the rope and points it out to the Ref. Rich starts yelling down at Riddle. Prichard gets up and nails Rich with a flying knee to the back. Prichard hits a back suplex 1..2..Kick out. Prichard lifts Rich up and hits a gut wrench suplex. Prichard swings off the ropes and hits a corkscrew elbow drop 1..2..Rich kicks out. Riddle and Prichard are screaming at the Ref. Prichard picks up Rich and goes for a vertical suplex but Rich blocks it and suplexes Prichard back. Both men are lying side by side. Riddle hops up on the apron. The Ref is telling him to get down. Rich hobbles up and grabs Riddle by his shirt. Prichard runs up from behind and goes for a high knee but Rich moves. Prichard nails Riddle and sends him flying off the apron. Prichard staggers back. Rich swings off the ropes and hits the Thesz Press 1..2..3!!! The fans explode as Tommy Rich retains the TV title! 

NWA National Title Bout

Arthur W. Crews (C) vs. 'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol

Rock Riddle is in the back recovering. Crews holds his title high and flaunts it in front of Idol. The bell rings and Idol nails Crews with a clothesline. Idol swings Crews to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Idol drops a knee and covers 1..2..Kick out. Idol picks up Crews but Crews thumbs him in the eye. Crews regroups then puts Idol down with a knee lift. Crews swings off the ropes and hits a delayed knee drop and covers 1..2..Kick out. Crews swings Idol to the ropes and hits a diving shoulder tackle. Crews picks up Idol and hits a Shoulder Breaker 1..2..Idol gets his shoulder up. Crews yells at the Ref. Crews swings Idol to the ropes and ducks down but Idol stops and uppercuts Crews then follows with a clothesline. Idol regroups as the fans cheer him on. Idol picks up Crews and vertical suplexes him back. Idol picks up Crews and swings him around but Crews foot hits the Ref and knocks him down. Idol doesn't realize this and slams Crews down. Idol picks up Crews and hits the Shin Breaker, then applies the Las Vegas Leglock! Idol puts the pressure on. Crews is yelling in pain and wants to submit but the Ref is still down. The fans boo as Rob Fuller comes down the aisle. He's got a pair of gold brass knuckles. He gets up on the top turnbuckle and crashes down, hitting Idol with the brass knuckles, busting him open. Fuller puts Crews arm on Idol and drags the Ref over. Fuller leaves to the sound of boos and garbage thrown at him. The Ref counts 1..2..3! The fans continue to boo. Crews still cant get up as the Ref hands him the National Title. 

Mid Atlantic Champ 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff and Tony St. Clair vs. Tiger Jeet Singh and The Flame w/The Assassin

After minutes of brawling the Ref finally gets some sort of control but it doesn't last long as everybody starts brawling again. The Assassin is on the apron and St. Clair drop kicks The Flame into him. St. Clair then hurls The Flame over the rope and he crashes down on The Assassin. Orndorff is hammering away on Singh then punches him into St. Clair. St. Clair punches away on Singh and punches him back to Orndorff. They swing Singh to the ropes and hit a double high knee. The Flame gets on the apron and they knock him back down with double fists. The Ref once again gets control. Orndorff gets on the 2nd turnbuckle and drops a forearm drop on Singh. Orndorff grabs Singh's head and just pounds away. then he lifts him up and body slams him down and tags in St. Clair. Singh sits up but St. Clair jumps over him with a head snap. Singh's head bounces forward and when he rises, St. Clair nails him with a heels first drop kick. St. Clair gets up on the top turnbuckle but The Flame runs over and pushes him off. Orndorff charges but The Ref guides him back. Singh can hardly move and slowly rolls over and tags in The Flame. The Flame body slams St. Clair then grabs the top rope and stomps away and chokes him with his boot. The Flame rakes St. Clair's head across the top rope then snaps his head back. The Flame gets on the 2nd turnbuckle and comes down with a boot to the mid section. The Flame swings St. Clair to the ropes and nails him with a fist to the head. The Flame swings St. Clair to the corner and charges in with a clothesline then tags in Singh. The Flame hits a backbreaker and holds St. Clair as Singh comes off the 2nd turnbuckle with a boot to the head. Singh chokes away on St. Clair then stomps on him and chokes him with his boot. Singh pushes St. Clair into the corner. The Flame chokes St. Clair while Singh kicks him. Orndorff runs over with fists flying. The Ref guides him back. Singh applies a nerve hold on St. Clair then starts biting him and tags in The Flame. The Flame rams St. Clair's head on the turnbuckles then hits a over the head back suplex. The Flame gets up on the top turnbuckle and goes for the flying elbow drop but St. Clair moves. The crowd is cheering St. Clair on. St. Clair lunges over and tags in Orndorff! The crowd goes crazy! Singh runs in but Orndorff clotheslines him down. The Flame gets up and Orndorff clotheslines him down. Singh staggers up and Orndorff sends him through the ropes with a high knee. The Assassin gets on the apron and Orndorff clocks him, sending him down. The Flame hits Orndorff from behind. The Flame swings Orndorff to the ropes and ducks down but Orndorff kicks him and tags in St. Clair. St. Clair gets on the top turnbuckle. The Flame staggers around and St. Clair hits the Flying Press 1..2..3!!! Singh gets on the apron but Orndorff runs over. Singh drops down and is pointing and yelling up at Orndorff and St. Clair. Singh even gets his sword and starts swinging it wildly and pushing over officials. The crowd roars as Orndorff and St. Clair stand tall in the ring. 

MACW @ Winthrop Coliseum, Rock Hill SC 7-13-86

Bad News Brown vs. Chick Donovan 

There's a lot of confusion as Chick Donovan struts around the ring while the announcer is talking to the officials. It's announced that Bad News Brown was found laid out in the back and will not be able to compete. So Cowboy Scott Casey will be subbing for Brown tonight.

'Cowboy' Scott Casey vs. Chick Donovan

Donovan starts off strong, showing off some power with some body slams. Donovan swings Casey into the turnbuckles and charges in but Casey moves. Donovan hits hard and staggers back. Casey clamps on a headlock and hits the Running Bulldog for the pin! 

Bull Gantner vs. Pat Rose

Bull is on fire tonight as he swings Rose to the ropes and clotheslines him down. Rose staggers up and Bull Gorilla Presses him up and slams him down. The crowd is cheering him on as he swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop for the pin! Bull is raising his fists to the crowd when Manny Fernandez and Rick Rude hit the ring and attack him! They hurl him outside the ring and double body slam him on the concrete! Security rushes out to stop them. 

Caspian Empire vs. Stampede Rush (Kerry Brown and Duke Myers)

A good hard hitting match going on. Sheik eye rakes Kerry then rams his head on Smirnoff's boot. Sheik body slams Kerry then tags in Smirnoff, who crashes down with a knee from the 2nd turnbuckle. Smirnoff suplexes Kerry then tags in Sheik, who hits a gut wrench suplex and tags in Smirnoff.  The tide turns when Smirnoff misses a clothesline and Kerry swings back with a running clothesline then tags in Duke. Duke hammers away on Smirnoff, swings him to the ropes and hits a back elbow smash. Sheik charges in and hits Duke, which brings in Kerry. Kerry and Sheik are fighting in the corner as Duke and Smirnoff fight in the center of the ring. Duke swings Smirnoff to the ropes and puts him down with his fist. Kerry atomic drops Sheik. Sheik staggers forward and Duke puts him down with a fist. Duke and Kerry swing Smirnoff to the ropes and hit him with a double back elbow smash. Duke swings off the ropes and hits an elbow drop 1..2..3! The crowd cheers as Stampede Rush gets a huge win here. 

'Professor' Brad Rheingans vs. The Great Gama

Brad starts off the match with some solid takedowns. Brad hits a couple hip tosses then slaps Gama. Gama charges but Brad runs out of the ring. The crowd is booing Brad. Brad gets on the apron and Gama charges over but Brad rakes the eyes. Brad gets back in the ring and clamps on a headlock. Brad starts hitting Gama with closed fists. Finally Gama hoists Brad up and suplexes him back. Gama goes to work with several knee drops. He swings Brad to the turnbuckles and monkey flips him over. Brad staggers up and Gama drop kicks him down. Gama goes for a knee drop off the turnbuckles but Brad moves. Brad gets control with a Cutter. Brad picks up Gama and executes a swinging neckbreaker. Brad admires his work and taunts the crowd then covers 1..2..Gama kicks out. Brad swings Gama to the ropes and bends down but Gama leap frogs over, swings back and hits a high knee. Both men are regrouping. Gama punches away on Brad, then vertical suplexes him back. Gama hits a backbreaker and goes for the Boston Crab but the bell rings. Time has expired, official ruling a draw. Gama stands up with disappointment. He shakes his head while his hands are on his hips. Brad sits up against the ropes. As Gama starts to leave Brad hits him with a knee to the back then hoists him up and over with a bridging suplex. Brad stands up and raises his arms to the booing crowd. Brad gives Gama a couple more stomps then leaves the ring.

King Kong Bundy vs. Corporal Kirchner 

Bundy charges full force at Kirchner but Kirchner moves and carries Bundy's momentum into the turnbuckles. Kirchner unloads on Bundy. He swings Bundy to the ropes and hits a boot to the mid section. Bundy is bending over, Kirchner swings off the ropes and hits a boot to the head, sending Bundy to the ground. Kirchner swings off the ropes and hits a flying fist drop. Kirchner jumps up and crashes down with a standing leg drop and covers 1..2..Kick out. Kirchner picks up Bundy but Bundy rakes the eyes and body slams him. Bundy regroups. Bundy drops a giant elbow then swings off the ropes with a knee drop. Bundy picks up Kirchner and swings him into the turnbuckles then follows with the Avalanche! Bundy throws Kirchner to the center of the ring. Bundy slowly walks around Kirchner. The fans roar as Bad News Brown comes down the aisle in street clothes and bandaged up head. He comes up from behind Bundy and hits the Ghetto Blaster! Bundy drops down face first. The Ref signals for the Disqualification. Brown exits the ring with a scowl on his face. 

US Tag Team Title Bout

Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley (C) vs. The Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle

Scores to settle as these teams start out brawling. Riddle stays on the apron but gets down in a hurry when Johnson swings at him. Johnson and Cooley swing the Blondes into each other. The Blondes stagger back and Cooley hits a back suplex on Wells while Johnson hits one on Timbs. The Ref gets control. Johnson swings Timbs to the ropes and back drops him. Timbs staggers up and Johnson hits a high drop kick then tags in Cooley. Cooley swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop and covers but Wells breaks the count. Timbs rakes Cooley's eyes and pushes him to the corner. Timbs kicks away then tags in Wells. Timbs chokes Cooley while Wells hits him with several shoulder shots to the mid section. Wells suplexes Cooley back then drops several knees. Wells swings Cooley to the ropes and nails him with a shoulder tackle then tags in Timbs. Timbs jumps off the top rope with a knee drop and covers 1..2..Johnson breaks the count. Wells charges in but Johnson drop kicks him back. Cooley eventually makes the hot tag to Johnson, who cleans house! Johnson hits Timbs with several rapid fire jabs then puts him down with a right fist. Wells runs in and hits Johnson from behind, then body slams him. Timbs tags in Wells. They swing Johnson to the ropes and put him down with a double shoulder block. Wells swings off the ropes, hits a forearm drop and covers but Cooley makes the save. Timbs runs in. Cooley kicks Timbs and hoists him up on his shoulder and hits the Oklahoma Stampede! Riddle is irate and hops up on the apron. Wells stands up but Johnson comes up from behind, pushes him into Riddle (sending him flying off the apron) and rolls him up 1..2..3!! The crowd roars as Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley retain the US tag titles! 

US Champ Ted Dibiase and The Awesome Twosome vs. 'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka and Polynesian Power

The fans are on their feet as this one is non stop action. Dibiase, Rude and Manny are bumping machines as Snuka and Polynesian Power control the early portion. Snuka body slams Dibiase, swings off the ropes and hits a diving headbutt. Snuka covers but Rude and Fernandez run in. Polynesian Power run in and drop kick the Awesome Twosome out of the ring. After controlling with quick tags and high offense, the tide turns when Tui swings Dibiase into the turnbuckles and charges in but Dibiase kicks him in the face and follows with a clothesline. Dibiase hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a forearm drop. Dibiase swings off the ropes and nails Tui with a delayed fist drop then tags in Manny. Manny hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and drops an elbow. Manny lifts Tui up and hits a rib breaker then tags in Rude. Rude picks up Tui and hits a delayed backbreaker then does it again. Rude covers 1..2..Sakalia breaks the count. Rude swings Tui to the ropes and misses a clothesline, Tui swings back and drop kicks Rude then rolls over and tags in Sakalia. Sakalia drops several elbows on Rude, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop and covers but Dibiase and Manny break it. Snuka runs in but The Ref guides him back. Dibiase and Manny swing Sakalia to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow smash. Rude tags in Dibiase. Dibiase swings Sakalia to the ropes and hits a powerslam then follows with a vertical suplex and tags in Manny. Manny swings Sakalia to the ropes but Sakalia hits Manny with a flying knee and tags in Snuka, the same time Manny tags in Dibiase. The crowd goes nuts as Snuka chops away on Dibiase, swings him to the ropes and sends him down with a big chop. Rude and Fernandez run in which brings in Polynesian Power. Pier six brawl going on! The Ref is trying to get control but both teams continue to fight. After this goes on for a bit, the Ref signals for the bell. It's a Double Disqualification! The bell keeps ringing but they keep fighting. Snuka grabs Dibiase and knocks him down with a jumping headbutt. Polynesian Power swing The Awesome Twosome to the ropes and back drop them out of the ring. Snuka goes to the top rope. Dibiase staggers up and Polynesian Power nail him with a double super kick. Snuka flashes the 'I love you' sign and leaps off the top rope and hits the Superfly Splash on Dibiase! The crowd roars as Snuka and Polynesian Power hug in the middle of the ring.