Pro Wrestling Only

Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling July 86

spaldoni

Man, I love Cobra & Kazuo as the Assassins! Yamazaki's stiff kicks and Cobra's size/athleticism combo means they will be exciting on offense, but the real fun will be Kazuo's sublime selling and Cobra's big bumping when it's time for them to show some ass. 

If you were to ask me, "What do you think about turning Bad News face...?" I'd be all "ahhh.... well..." but then if you add"...against King Kong Bundy," I'd be all "Hell yeah!"  So: Hell yeah to that!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valentino gets the rare win.  Peterson is being built right here.  Keep him going over jobbers and being successful until he needs to get beaten.  Fuller and Mark would be a fun, nasty feud with lots of brawling.  Sign me up.  I love the idea of throwing Valiant into the mix with SBS against the Assasssins.  Three workrate guys plus a crazy over crazy dancing guy who can barely work anymore. :)  Oliver and Mulligan going DCO is definitely the right call.  Good to see Rip Oliver brawling as a babyface or heel. :)  Prichard and Riddle have been struggling to stay on the same page of late.  Crews hangs on to his title by the skin of his teeth, but he hangs on.  I like the main, taking advantage of both of Singh's issues at the same time.  Would have been a fun, chaotic match too.

Who could have done this to Bad News??  Casey takes advantage of the opportunity with a win.  Tough night for Bull.  Stampede Rush is getting after it right away.  Caspian Empire better start backing up their talk soon.  The Professor had to wait for his revenge, but he got it.  I'm sure Great Gama will accept that and it will be all done.  I think we know who attacked Bad News. :)  Tough night for Rock Riddle, flying off the apron twice.  Good win for the champs for sure.  Holy crap what a main!  Snuka hitting the splash on DiBiase after the no contest is great booking.

MACW @ WTBS Studios TV Aired 7-19-86

Schiavone: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic championship wrestling. With me as always, my partner David Crockett. 

Crockett: Thank you Tony and boy do we have a great show lined up. Blackjack Mulligan goes one on one with Jimmy Valiant. In a return match from last week, Hot Property will take on The Assassins. 

Schiavone: Also in action will be Rob Fuller, Brad Rheingans, Polynesian Power, Corporal Kirchner, Bull Gantner, the returning Renegade Warriors, US tag team champs, Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley and Mid Atlantic Champion, Paul Orndorff. 

Crockett: Tony, before we see the US tag team champs in action, I've been asked to show these pre recorded comments by (rolls his eyes) Rock Riddle.

Rock Riddle is standing in front of a private jet. 

Riddle: Oh Davey Baby, I'm so sorry I couldn't be there in person today. This just wont be the same. Well, before I head to Canada, I just wanted to say that the top lawyers of the Agency have arranged for my team, the Fabulous Blondes to have a rematch for the US tag team championships, this Sunday in Columbia South Carolina. Even when I'm not live in the studio, I still bring good news and happiness. So long Davey Baby, I'll be back before you know it. 

Crockett: Unbelievable, fans let's go to the ring. 

US Tag Team Champions Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley vs. Brad Kimber and Steve Ramsey

The champs are in sync as they swing Kimber to the ropes and double back drop him. Kimber rolls over and tags in Ramsey. Johnson takes Ramsey over with a hip toss and tags in Cooley. Johnson hits a high drop kick that sends Ramsey right into Cooley, who hoists him up on his shoulder and hits the Oklahoma Stampede for the pin! The fans cheer as Johnson and Cooley hold up the belts then head to the podium. 

The champs cut a promo and say they haven't ducked anyone and will defend against any tag team in Mid Atlantic. As for the task at hand, they will be more than happy to beat up on the Blondes again this weekend in Columbia. "Riddle and the Blondes can call us a B team if they want but after Sunday, we will still be champions!"

Commercial Break

'Professor' Brad Rheingans vs. Tim Straw

Brad once again shows off his Amateur wrestling with a series of takedowns then rubs Straw's head on the mat and slaps him across the back of his head. Brad picks up Straw and snap suplexes him. Brad follows with a bridging back suplex for the pin! The fans boo as Brad jumps up and down to celebrate. 

Schiavone: Impressive win tonight Mr. Rheingans.

Brad: Excuse me but you're talking to the Professor of Wrestling and you will address me as such.

Schiavone: My apologies, Professor Rheingans. Well it seems you've had some issues with The Great Gama. 

Brad: We're just not on the same page today Schiavone. Do not address him as great. This Gama individual is mediocre at best. The last time we met in the ring, I left him lying on his back.

Schiavone: I believe the last time you two were on TV together he left you laid out with a sleeper. 

Brad: That was a cheap shot! But then again I would expect nothing less from an inferior wrestler like him. I cant believe you condone that behavior Schiavone. This concludes our interview. 

Brad storms off.

Schiavone: (Shakes his head) Back to the ring. 

Corporal Kirchner vs. Lou Simms

The fans cheer as Kirchner parades around the ring waving the American Flag. The bell rings and Kirchner hits Simms with a forearm smash, swings him to the ropes and nails him with a kick to the mid section. Kirchner hoists Simms up on his shoulders and hits the Fallaway Slam for the pin! Kirchner heads to the podium.

Kirchner: This Weekend in Daytona, it's you and me Kernodle! One on one, taped fist match! We have a lot of unfinished business but mark my words, in Daytona, I will finish what you started! 

Commercial Break

Renegade Warriors (Mark and Chris Youngblood) vs. Carl Hillman and Lloyd London

The Warriors swing Hillman to the ropes and put him down with a double chop. Chris swings Hillman to the ropes and hip tosses him to the corner. Hillman tags in London. London charges but Chris back drops him. Chris swings London into the turnbuckles and charges in with a boot to the head and tags in Mark. Chris body slams London and Mark hits the Sling Shot Splash for the pin! The fans cheer as the Renegade Warriors hug. 

The Renegade Warriors cut a promo and say they're back and better than ever. Chris says he's been traveling the world and gaining more experience by the match. Mark expresses how happy he is that Chris is back and they're teaming up again. They say they're back together with one goal in mind...to become champions! 

Commercial Break

Crockett: Fans, with me right now is Bad News Brown. Bad News, a lot went down last week as Ted Dibiase purchased the contract of King Kong Bundy. What do you have to say about that?

Brown: It doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me! As far as I'm concerned, Dibiase made a terrible investment because when I get done with Fat Bundy, he wont be able to sell his contract at a flea market. Now listen up Dibiase, if you so much as try anything I'll come after you and take your most prized possession...that US title belt! As for you Fat Bundy, as soon as you get back from ducking me, we're gonna lock horns and I'm gonna put you down face first with the Ghetto Blaster! 

Crockett: Ok fans, strong words from Bad News Brown. Back to the ring for one of our featured bouts. 

'Boogie Woogie Man' Jimmy Valiant vs. Blackjack Mulligan w/Paul Jones

Of course Paul Jones wont get off the apron when the bell rings. He shouts and points at Valiant. Valiant punches Jones, who drops down and rolls slowly off the apron. Mulligan comes up from behind but Valiant dances and punches away on him. Valiant starts biting Mulligan than rakes his head across the ropes. Valiant body slams Mulligan, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Mulligan gets his foot on the rope. Valiant picks up Mulligan but gets raked in the eyes. Mulligan follows with a thumb to the eye and body slam. Mulligan chokes Valiant with his boot then drops several knees and goes back to the choking. The Ref breaks it up. Mulligan starts arguing with the Ref. Valiant starts to rise but Jones gets back up on the apron and whacks Valiant on the back of his head with the cane! Valiant just drops. Mulligan bends down and applies the claw! The Ref rings the bell as Valiant is unconscious. Jones runs in but before him and Mulligan can continue their assault, Rip Oliver and Sweet Brown Sugar hit the ring! The fans roar as Mulligan and Jones high tail it out of there. Oliver and Sugar attend to Valiant and end up carrying him out of there. 

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Jimmy Valiant is being looked at in the back. With me right now is Rip Oliver. 

Oliver: Enough is enough! Paul Jones, you're nothing but a coward! Mulligan you're no better! Sugar and I wanted to be out here but the Southern Ramblers aren't here so Jimmy wanted to do this one on one. But no, that sorry excuse for a man, Paul Jones had to interfere. Then Mulligan needs to take it further. Mark my words Jones, when I get Mulligan in the ring, I'm going to give him the beating of his life and then you're next! 

Oliver storms off.

Schiavone: Clearly a very upset Rip Oliver. You better watch your back Paul Jones. Back to the ring. 

Polynesian Power vs. Ken Jenkins and Clyde Putnam

Sakalia hits a backbreaker on Putnam and follows with three elbow drops then tags in Tui. Tui hits a knee drop from the 2nd turnbuckle and tags in Sakalia. Sakalia hoists Putnam up and hits the Samoan Drop then tags in Tui, who climbs to the top turnbuckle and hits the flying elbow drop for the pin! The fans cheer as Polynesian Power bump fists and hug. 

Polynesian Power cut a promo on their upcoming match for the NWA National Tag Team titles against the Rock n Roll Express. They talk about their respect for the RnR Express. They say this is a dream come true and that the two most important things are family and winning a tag team championship. They said this weekend in Daytona, they will not let their families down and they're walking out with the titles. 

Commercial Break

Bull Gantner vs. Dave Penson

The fans are on their feet cheering as Bull swings Penson to the ropes and hits a vicious clothesline. Bull flexes and shakes his fists. Bull picks up Penson for the Gorilla Press and slams him down. Bull swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop for the pin! Bull does some more flexing for the cheering crowd. 

Crockett: Alright, these fans are fired up and so is Bull Gantner. Bull you were recently attacked by Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez. I know you're looking forward to your big match this weekend in Daytona.

Bull: I'm pumped up beyond belief David Crockett! Yea, I got jumped by Rude and Fernandez but they didn't get the job done! Boys, get ready because in Daytona, the American Dream Dusty Rhodes is coming to town and believe me, we're coming to take care of business! But that's not going to be enough for us because right after that I get to go back to Texas with Dusty and we get to do it again in the historic War Games match! That is, if there's anything left of Rude and Fernandez. David, this is going to be a great week! 

Commercial Break

Hot Property vs. The Assassins w/The Assassin

The minute these teams see each other, the brawl is on! The match hasn't officially begun but these guys are really going at it. After a couple minutes of brawling, the fans boo when The Flame hits the ring! The odds are short lived because out comes DJ Peterson to even things up! The fans cheer as DJ hammers away on The Flame. It's pure chaos! 

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Oh my! Order has finally been restored. With me right now is Hot Property and DJ Peterson.

Travis: Assassin, we warned you that if The Flame stuck his noise in our business, which we knew he would, we would have a surprise for him.

Savoldi: Meet DJ Peterson! 

DJ: Thanks guys. Hey, Hot Property asked for some back up and here I am! Flame, you want to interfere? Go ahead and try it, because from now on, it's you and me brother! 

Schiavone: There you have it. Fans, standing by in the ring our Mid Atlantic Champion, Paul Orndorff. 

Mid Atlantic Champ 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff vs. Gary Williams

Orndorff swings Williams to the ropes and hits a high knee. Orndorff picks up Williams and drops him with the short arm clothesline. The fans stand up and roar as Orndorff gives the signal. He hoists Williams up and crashes him down with the Piledriver! Orndorff sticks up his fingers and counts along with the Ref 1..2..3! Orndorff flexes his biceps then heads to the podium with the belt on his shoulder.

Crockett: Paul I've been informed that this weekend in Columbia, SC, you will be defending the Mid Atlantic championship against Blackjack Mulligan. Now, I know you also have had recent issues with Tiger Jeet Singh.

Orndorff: David, I've said this time and time again. It doesn't matter who steps in the ring with me because nobody is taking this title off me. Mulligan! Let's see how tough you are without a cane. Singh, you're great at attacking from behind but brother when you go face to face with Mr. Wonderful, you're going down! It's as simple as that. 

Crockett: Ok, confident words from the Mid Atlantic Champ, Paul Orndorff. Speaking of Tiger Jeet Singh, we have some pre recorded comments concerning his Anything Goes match with Tony St. Clair. Followed by comments from his opponent Tony St. Clair. 

Pre Recorded Comments

Singh: St. Clair! We approach our final chapter and this will be the end for you. Only one man will walk away and that man will be me! Anything Goes is my sanctuary. Do you understand that I will be allowed to do anything I want? I will tear you apart, torture you and break you down! You will never be the same man again! 

St. Clair: Singh! You talk and talk and talk but when it comes to backing all that talk up, you fall short my friend. I've always preferred to wrestle hard but clean. However, make no mistake about it, when it's time to fight, I'm more than ready to go. This is the only match that can solve our issues, we both enter but I'm the one walking out! 

Commercial Break

Rob 'The Stud' Fuller vs. Alex Portman

Fuller body slams Portman then chokes him with his boot. He yells out "I own this boy" then starts stomping away. Fuller swings Portman to the turnbuckles and follows with a charging knee to the mid section. Fuller grabs Portman by the hair and tosses him to the center of the ring. Fuller lifts Portman up and drops him with the Gourdbuster for the pin! Fuller picks up Portman and hits another Gourdbuster! Fuller starts choking Portman with his boot as the Ref is pleading with him to stop. The fans get out of their seats and roar as Austin Idol hits the ring! Idol nails Fuller with a clothesline from behind, that sends Fuller through the ropes. Idol runs out, grabs Fuller by the hair and rams his head into the steel post, busting him open. Idol picks up Fuller and hits a Shin Breaker then clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock! The show ends as Idol is wrenching away while a bloody Fuller screams in pain. 

Weekend Cards

Daytona Beach FL, Ocean Center 7-19-86

'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes and Bull Gantner vs. The Awesome Twosome

National Tag Team Title Bout

Rock n Roll Express (C) vs. Polynesian Power

Anything Goes Match

Tony St. Clair vs. Tiger Jeet Singh

Taped Fist

Corporal Kirchner vs. Canadian International Champ Don Kernodle

National Title Bout

Arthur W. Crews (C) vs. TV Champ Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich 

Caspian Empire vs. Stampede Rush

Also in action Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka! 

Columbia SC, Township Auditorium, 7-20-86

Mid Atlantic Title Bout

'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff (C) vs. Blackjack Mulligan w/Paul Jones

US Tag Team Title Bout

Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley (C) vs. The Fabulous Blondes

'Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol vs. Rob 'The Stud' Fuller

Hot Property/DJ Peterson vs. The Assassins/The Flame w/The Assassin

'Professor' Brad Rheingans vs. The Great Gama

Also in action Bad News Brown!

You have those all-important little heel mannerisms down to a fine art in your write-ups, from Rock Riddle's "Davey Baby!" to Professor Brad's insufferable arrogance to Paul Jones taking a slow bump off the apron... and then you have guys who could easily work as heels like Bad News and Orndorff serving among your top baby faces with just a slight twist of their attitude and who,it's directed at. That is the fine art of pro wrestling booking, right there. 

Yep, everything is rolling like a fine-tuned machine down in Mid-Atlantic. Nice debut for DJ Peterson, siding with Hot Property. Another fun tag team midcard feud ahead in the possible future.

And Brad Rheingans is becoming my favorite interview in Mid-Atlantic. For someone who I don't remember being a great promo, you're doing great stuff to put him over. A lil' bit of Mr. Backlund before its time!

Riddle managing to annoy David without being in the building is solid gold.  Brad getting pissed at Tony for bringing up his embarrassment is the exact right tone there.  Kirchner and Kernodle in a taped fist match!  How much are tickets?  Good babyface promo by the Youngbloods (wrestler names here).  Mark has been holding down the fort, but now it's time for them to start making waves as a team.  Bad News showing no intention of backing down one bit from KKB or Teddy's interference.  Perfect.  I liked Oliver's promo a lot.  Him calling out Jones and Mulligan for the same stuff he was a part of shows character.  Or sets everybody up for a swerve. :)  Polynesian Express should make a good showing against the RnRs.  Gantner going after the Awesome Twosome should be really good for him.  Rude and Manny are both guys who will put over his power before they cheat to put him down.  I looked at the matches for the weekend expecting to see a 6-man tag involving the Assassins and the Flame against Hot Property/Peterson and there it is.  Funny how that works.  St. Clair and Singh are headed for a maybe final showdown?  I'm okay with that as long as Orndorff is next for Singh.  Great way to send the fans home happy with Idol destroying Fuller.

MACW @ The Ocean Center, Daytona Beach FL 7-19-86

'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka vs. Mr. X

Pure showcase for Snuka here. Snuka gets the crowd going as he swings X to the ropes and hits a flying headbutt. Snuka body slams X, swings off the ropes and lands a jumping knee drop. Snuka climbs to the top turnbuckle. The fans roar as Snuka crashes down with the Superfly Splash 1..2..3!! The crowd continues to cheer as Snuka flashes them the 'I love you' sign. Snuka looks primed and ready for his upcoming US Title match.

Stampede Rush vs. Caspian Empire

Both teams go back and forth in a hard hitting match up. Sheik eye rakes Kerry and executes a gut wrench suplex then tags in Smirnoff, who stomps away on Kerry, body slams him and chokes away then tags in Sheik. They both put the boots to Kerry until Duke runs in with fists flying. Order is restored. Sheik swings Kerry to the ropes but Kerry comes back and shoulder blocks Sheik down and tags in Duke. Duke hammers away on Sheik then body slams him. Smirnoff runs in and gets body slammed. Kerry comes in and punches away on Smirnoff. While the Ref is guiding Kerry back, Smirnoff brings a chair into the ring and WHACKS Duke across the back! Smirnoff gets out of there. The Ref turns around as Sheik covers Duke 1..2..3! Kerry runs in a second to late. Kerry goes to help Duke but Smirnoff WHACKS him across the back with the chair! Sheik stomps on Kerry then applies the Camel Clutch! Officials run in to stop this. The Caspian Empire hold up their arms as the fans boo and throw garbage at them. 

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol vs. Rob 'The Stud' Fuller

Fuller comes to the ring with a bandage on his head from the beating Idol gave him on TV. Idol storms the ring and just starts pounding away on Fuller as the bell rings. Idol takes Fuller down and starts working on the leg (which Idol also hurt on TV) Idol grabs the leg and drops an elbow on it. Fuller is screaming in pain. Idol lifts Fuller up but Fuller frantically rakes the eyes. Idol falls back and Fuller regroups. Fuller grabs Idol's head and rakes it across the ropes. Fuller clamps on a headlock and nails Idol with a few close fists. Fuller swings Idol into the turnbuckles. Fuller follows with several knees to the mid section. Fuller lifts Idol up and drops him across the top rope. Fuller kicks Idol and it sends Idol over the rope and on the apron. Idol rises and Fuller grabs his head and snaps it on the top rope, sending Idol bouncing off the apron and on the outside. The Ref starts the count but stops when Fuller goes to the outside. Fuller grabs Idol but Idol clamps on a bearhug and rams Fuller against the apron. Both men are down. The Ref starts the count. Idol slowly rises and throws Fuller in the ring. Fuller reaches in his tights and puts on his gold brass knuckles. Fuller is lying there. Idol picks up Fuller. Fuller takes a swing but Idol ducks, lifts up Fuller and executes a Shin Breaker. Idol clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock and puts the pressure on. The Ref asks Fuller if he wants to submit. Fuller yells in pain and nods! The Ref signals for the bell. The fans cheer as Idol gives them a bicep pose. Idol celebrates with the fans. Fuller limps up and clenches his brass knuckles then heads over to Idol. Fuller is ready to hit him from behind. Idol turns around and hits Fuller, swings him to the ropes and gives him a back elbow smash. The brass knuckles fly out of Fuller's hand. Idol picks up the knuckles. Fuller staggers up and Idol just nails him! The crowd roars as Fuller is laid out. 

Taped Fist Match

Corporal Kirchner vs. Canadian International Champ Don Kernodle

This is exactly what you would expect it to be. As soon as both men are in the ring, the fists start flying. Both men are busted open within the first few minutes as it's an all out brawl. They take the fight to the outside and brawl all around the ring. They get back in the ring. Kirchner kicks Don and suplexes him back. Kirchner hits a standing leg drop 1..2..Don barely gets his shoulder up. Kirchner swings Don into the turnbuckles, then hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and unleashes on Don as the crowd counts along. Kirchner hops down and out of desperation, Don lunges forward with a clothesline. Both men are bloodied, beaten and down. The Ref starts a count. Both men stagger up and exchange fists. The Ref is to close and takes a shot and goes down! Don drops down and nails Kirchner with a low blow. Don rolls out of the ring and grabs his Canadian International title. He gets back in the ring. Kirchner is on his knees in pain. Don swings off the ropes and nails Kirchner with the title! Don just collapses on Kirchner. The Ref is in a daze but crawls over 1..2..3! The fans are in an uproar. Don slowly rolls out of the ring with his title. He's barely able to hold it up but manages to do it as the crowd boos and throws garbage at him. 

NWA National Title Bout

Arthur W. Crews (C) vs. TV Champ Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich

Crews grabs the house mic and gives the crowd his sincere apologies because Rock Riddle is booked in Lutte tonight. The crowd cheers and Crews starts yelling at them. The bell rings but Crews is still yelling at the crowd. Rich rolls Crews up 1..2..Crews barely kicks out! Rich hammers away on Crews then vertical suplexes him, swings off the ropes and hits a fist drop 1..2..Kick out. Rich picks up Crews but Crews rakes the eyes and body slams him. Crews gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle. Rich staggers up and Crews nails him with a drop kick. Crews swings off the ropes and hits a forearm drop 1..2..Kick out. Crews swings Rich to the ropes and hits a flying shoulder tackle. Crews swings off the ropes and goes for a body splash but Rich puts his knees up. Both men are rolling around on the ground in pain. Rich gets up. Crews staggers up. Rich swings off the ropes and hits a running forearm smash. Rich picks up Crews and rams his head on the turnbuckle several times. Rich hoists Crews up on the turnbuckles. Rich hops up and goes for the Superplex but Crews rakes the eyes and pushes Rich off the turnbuckles. Crews leaps off and comes down with a knee drop 1..2..Rich barely gets his shoulder up. A frustrated Crews yells at the Ref. Crews swings Rich into the turnbuckles and charges in with a knee to the mid section. Crews swings Rich to the opposite turnbuckles and charges in but Rich moves. Crews crashes in and falls back. Rich grabs the ropes and helps himself up. Both men end up having a serious exchange in the middle of the ring. Crews gets the upper hand and swings Rich to the ropes but misses a clothesline. Rich swings back and hits a flying body press but Crews keeps him up and the momentum carries both men back and over the top rope and on the ground. The Ref starts the count. Both men stagger up slowly and exchange punches. The Ref hits 10 and signals for the bell. A Double Countout. The bell keeps ringing but Rich and Crews keep fighting. 

Anything Goes Match

Tony St. Clair vs. Tiger Jeet Singh

Just like the taped fist match earlier, only these two start brawling on the aisle. The first few minutes of the match are fought on the outside. Singh finds his sword and hits St. Clair then starts choking him with it. Singh hits St. Clair with the bottom of his sword and busts him open. Singh picks up St. Clair but St. Clair pushes Singh into the steel post. St. Clair needs a moment to regroup. St. Clair grabs Singh and rams his head into the steel post, busting him open. St. Clair grabs a cable and starts choking Singh. St. Clair grabs Singh's head and bounces it off a table. St. Clair pumps his fists as the fans cheer him on. St. Clair picks up Singh and body slams him on the concrete. There's a commotion as a man in street clothes comes from behind and levels St. Clair with a running high knee! It's Maniac Mark Lewin!!! Lewin puts St. Clair in a sleeper and spins his body around. Lewin then hurls St. Clair's limp body in the ring. Lewin picks up Singh and rolls him in the ring. The fans boo as Lewin exits. The Ref is holding out his arms but there's nothing he can do. Singh regroups and has an evil smile. Singh hoists the unconscious body of St. Clair on his shoulders, then crashes down with the Argentine Back Rack Drop! The Ref counts 1..2..3! The fans are throwing a fit as Singh pushes the Ref down then walks around the ring smiling. 

NWA National Tag Team Title Bout

Rock n Roll Express (C) vs. Polynesian Power

Fun fast paced match going on as both teams are on their A game tonight. The tide turns several times and the match is wrestled clean but with aggression. RnR execute a double drop toehold on Sakalia and follow with a double elbow drop. Gibson swings Sakalia to the ropes and back drops him then tags in Morton. They swing Sakalia to the ropes and hit him with a double punch. Morton hops up on the top turnbuckle and goes for a missile drop kick but Sakalia moves, rolls over and tags Tui. Tui swings off the ropes and elbow drops Morton. Tui gets on the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a forearm drop 1..2..Morton kicks out. Tui tags in Sakalia. They swing Morton to the ropes and hit a double superkick! Sakalia drops an elbow and covers 1..2..Gibson breaks the count. Sakalia tags in Tui. Tui swings Morton to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Morton leapfrogs over and tags Gibson. Gibson hits Tui with forearm smashes, swings him to the ropes and hip tosses him, then follows with a drop kick 1..2..Sakalia breaks the count. Tui tags in Sakalia. They swing Gibson to the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Sakalia hoists Gibson up and falls back with the Samoan Drop then tags in Tui, who leaps off the top rope and comes down with the flying elbow 1..2..Morton breaks the count. Sakalia comes in and him and Morton fight in the corner. The Ref regains control. Tui swings Gibson to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Gibson swings back with a forearm blast then tags in Morton. Morton hops to the top turnbuckle. Tui staggers up and Morton nails him with a missile drop kick 1..2..Sakalia breaks the count. Gibson drop kicks Sakalia, sending him through the ropes. RnR swing Tui to the ropes and hit a double back drop. Tui staggers up and RnR hit the double drop kick 1..2..3!!! The fans roar as RnR retain the titles! Polynesian Power regroup and are staring at RnR. They offer their hands. RnR shake them and follow with an embrace as the fans cheer louder.

'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes and Bull Gantner vs. The Awesome Twosome (Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez) 

Rude and Fernandez get big time heat as they wait in the ring. The crowd goes nuts as Dusty and Bull head down the aisle. The bell rings as Dusty and Bull hit the ring and charge the Awesome Twosome. Rhodes swings Manny to the ropes and back drops him, sending Manny bouncing out of the ring. Bull has Rude on the ropes then clotheslines him over. The crowd roars as Dusty gives them a show. The Awesome Twosome are irate and are flipping over chairs. Order is restored and Dusty starts off with Rude. Rude takes a swing but Dusty blocks it and fires away then hits Rude with a bionic elbow that sends Rude flying back. Rude tags in Manny. Manny charges but Dusty back drops him then follows with a bionic elbow that sends Manny flying back. Dusty tags in Bull. Bull swings Manny to the ropes and puts him down with a clothesline. Rude runs in and gets clotheslined. Bull body slams Manny, swings off the ropes and hits a body splash 1..2..Rude breaks the count. Dusty runs in and punches Rude back. The Ref guides Dusty back. Bull picks up Manny but Rude runs over and clips Bull's knee from behind. Bull crashes down. Manny gets up and puts the boots to Bull. Rude sticks out his boot and Manny rams Bull's head on it then tags in Rude. The Awesome Twosome double body slam Bull then stomp away. Dusty runs in but the Ref guides him back. Rude hits a backbreaker and holds him while Manny drops an elbow from the 2nd turnbuckle. Rude stomps on Bull then drops several knees and covers 1..2..Dusty breaks the count. Manny runs in and Dusty sends him back with a bionic elbow. Dusty nails Rude with the bionic elbow before he goes back. The fans cheer Bull on. Bull hits Rude a couple times then grabs him and hoists him over with an overhead belly to belly suplex. Bull dives over and tags in Dusty as the crowd explodes! Manny runs in but Dusty puts him down with a Running Clothesline. Rude staggers up and Dusty puts him down with a running clothesline. Dusty swings Rude to the ropes and nails him with a back elbow smash. Manny runs in but Bull mows him over with a shoulder block. Dusty swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop on Rude. Dusty covers but The Freebirds rush the ring!!!! Gordy nails Bull from behind with a clothesline as Hayes and Buddy attack Dusty. The Ref signals for the Disqualification. The bell keeps ringing. Gordy hoists up Bull and drops him with a Piledriver! Hayes hoists up Dusty as Buddy hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle. They execute a Spike Piledriver on Dusty! Rude and Manny stagger up and want to do some damage. The crowd roars as the RnR Express, Tommy Rich and Polynesian Power hit the ring! Fists are flying as they send the Freebirds and Awesome Twosome out of the ring. Officials run out to attend to Dusty and Bull. I'm sure scores will be settled in WCCW's War Games Match. 

Idol has definitively established his dominance over Fuller, I think.

Kernodle vs Kirchner was everything I'd hoped for.

Crews did well to hold his own against Wildfire.

Another classic heel victory for Tiger Jeet Singh, a very good face vs face tag team bout, and a great set-up for War Games to bring a very strong card to a close. 

I like the build for Snuka.  Caspian Empire get a needed win over Stampede Rush.  Idol laying Fuller out is going to have consequences.  Kernodle eeking out a win over Kirchner keeps things building.  Nice.  I like Crews working the crowd pre-match and not getting a win with Riddle gone.  It puts over the importance of Riddle as manager.  Mark Lewin as the next feud for St. Clair sounds like it could be fun. I really like the way you set that up to free Singh up for Orndorff.  I like the exciting, fast-paced babyface vs. babyface tag match.  It's a perfect setup for the completely hate-filled match that follows.  The Freebirds making a surprise run-in is a great way to keep things rolling in more than one promotion.

I'm definitely looking forward for more matches between Arthur W. Crews and Tommy Rich. Got a kick out of Crews still yelling at the crowd when the match started lol

And what a setup for War Games as The Fabulous Freebirds make a special appearance in the main event! The stage is set and I cannot wait!

Rock Riddle continues to be one of the top promos in the game and Arthur Crews is quickly growing on me.

Blackjack vs. Valiant is classic Mid Atlantic! 

Kernodle vs. Kirshner taped fist match did not disappoint, good win for Kernodle!

Special thanks to you and Kevin both for helping build up my Bash show...great stuff!

Mid Atlantic is rocking... Dusty and Bull showing up in a big way. I do think there is something to do with Gantner and this could be the rock launch site for him.  I also think that Tommy Rich is an undersung hero of MACW and could become a big time player like he was at this point in his career.  Best part about this card is no Dibiase or Orndorff who are without a doubt your top two guys with Bundy as well and man you still put together a helluva show. Great stuff. 

MACW @ Township Auditorium, Columbia SC 7-20-86

'Cowboy' Scott Casey vs. Pat Rose

Pat works over Casey with some stiff shots and body slams. Casey fires up and makes a comeback. He swings Pat hard into the turnbuckles, clamps on a headlock and hits the Running Bulldog for the pin! 

Renegade Warriors vs. Mike Sharpe and Chick Donovan

Sharpe and Donovan display some solid teamwork by working Chris over. Donovan body slams Chris, tags in Sharpe, who hits a flying elbow drop from the 2nd turnbuckle 1..2..Kick Out. Sharpe and Donovan swing Chris to the ropes but miss a double clothesline attempt. Chris swings back and puts them both down with a clothesline, then tags in Mark. Mark comes in with a flurry of chops. Mark swings Sharpe to the ropes and hits a lunging thrust shot. Mark tags in Chris. They swing Sharpe to the ropes and put him down with a double chop. Chris swings Sharpe into the turnbuckles and follows with a boot to the head then tags in Mark. Mark hits the Sling Shot Splash for the pin! The fans cheer as the Renegade Warriors embrace.

Sweet Brown Sugar vs. Steve Pardee

Fun fast paced and clean match. Pardee gets in some good offense with some hip tosses, take overs and drop kicks. Sugar comes back with a leaping head scissors take over. Sugar swings Pardee to the ropes and back drops him then jumps over him with a head snap. Sugar quickly goes to the top turnbuckle. Pardee rises and Sugar hits him with a missile dropkick to get the pin! 

Bad News Brown vs. ?

There's confusion in the ring as Brown's opponent Tim Straw is a no show. The announcer is set to announce the forfeit when there's a commotion. Straw is being dragged down the aisle by Mark Lewin! Straw is a bloody mess. Lewin just throws him down and points up to Brown and challenges him. Brown is more than willing and tells him "Come on!" The Ref says "OK" and signals for the bell.

Bad News Brown vs. 'Maniac' Mark Lewin

Nothing fancy here as these two trade punches and brawl all around the ring. They finally get back in the ring and continue to brawl. Lewin gets an upper hand and punches away. Lewin body slams Brown and stomps on him, drops a knee and chokes him. Lewin puts Brown's head on the bottom rope and continues with the choking. Lewin picks up Brown, swings him to the ropes but Brown comes back with a fist to the face. Now it's Brown who hammers away. Brown punches Lewin into the turnbuckles and just stomps him down. Brown starts punching away and accidently knocks the Ref down with the back of his elbow. Brown turns around and Lewin kicks him low. Brown falls back. Lewin regroups and goes outside to grab a chair. Lewin gets in the ring. He's ready to nail Brown with the chair but Brown kicks him low. Brown grabs the chair and smacks Lewin with it! Lewin is busted open but doesn't fall! Brown throws the chair out of the ring. The Ref slowly gets up. Lewin is wobbling. Brown hits the Ghetto Blaster 1..2..3! The fans cheer as Bad News holds his fist up then exits. 

Hot Property/DJ Peterson vs. The Assassins/The Flame w/The Assassin

Pier six brawl to start the match! Hot Property sends the Assassins through the ropes with dropkicks. DJ and Flame start the match. DJ swings Flame to the ropes and back drops him, then follows with a scoop slam and another scoop slam. DJ tags in Travis. Travis drop kicks Flame into the corner. Flame tags in Cobra. Cobra charges but Travis back drops him and follows with a suplex slam. Travis tags in Savoldi. They swing Cobra to the ropes and hit a double clothesline and follow with a double elbow drop. Savoldi swings off the ropes and hits a leg drop 1..2..Kazuo breaks the count. Savoldi picks up Cobra but Cobra rakes the eyes and hits a snap suplex then tags in Kazuo. Kazuo kicks away on Savoldi then drops several knees. Kazuo hits a backbreaker 1..2..Travis breaks the count. Savoldi slowly rises and Kazuo unloads a series of stiff kicks then puts him down with a roundhouse kick and tags in Flame. Flame gets up on the top turnbuckle and hits a flying elbow drop 1..2..DJ breaks the count. The Assassin is throwing a fit on the outside. Another brawl ensues. Savoldi finally makes the tag to DJ. DJ fires away on Flame, swings him to the ropes and hits a Power Slam 1..2..The Assassins break it. Another brawl ensues! After more brawling and back and forth action, Travis and Cobra are the legal men. From the outside The Assassin hands Flame a foreign object and he sticks it in his mask. Travis swings Cobra to the ropes and hits a sidewalk slam 1..2..Kazuo breaks the count. Savoldi and DJ run in. After more brawling the Ref guides Savoldi and DJ back to the corner. Kazuo nails Savoldi from behind with a kick to the head. DJ fights with Kazuo. Flame (foreign object in mask) grabs Travis and headbutts him. Cobra goes to the top turnbuckle and hits the Senton! The Assassin yells at the Ref, who runs over and counts 1..2..3!!! Assassins and Flame get out of the ring to a chorus of boos. 

The Great Gama vs. 'Professor' Brad Rheingans

Another evenly match contest here. Brad executes a series of takedowns, suplexes and choking. Gama comes back and works on the back. He hits a backbreaker and follows with several knee drops. Brad regains control with a Cutter. Brad starts working the arm and goes for the Kimura but Gama escapes then hip tosses Brad over and follows with a drop kick. There's one minute left in the match. Brad eye rakes Gama and swings him into the turnbuckles. Brad charges in with a flying knee but Gama moves. Brad hits hard, Gama rolls him up 1..2..3!! Gama just beats the clock and pulls out the victory! The fans cheer. Gama is exhausted on his knees but raises his arms in victory. Brad nails Gama from behind. Brad starts stomping on the arm then applies the Kimura! He wont let go. Finally officials come in to break it up. Brad gets up and starts to walk away but rushes back and reapplies the Kimura! The officials are trying to get him off but Brad wont release the hold. Wrestlers from the back hit the ring and Brad finally releases but a lot of damage has been done. 

US Tag Team Title Bout

Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley (C) vs. The Fabulous Blondes

Ken Timbs and George Wells seem to be off their game a bit without Rock Riddle in their corner tonight. The champs dominate early. They hit a double suplex on Timbs. Cooley swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Kick out. When Timbs finally makes the tag, Wells doesn't do much better. Cooley hip tosses Wells and follows with a running forearm blast then tags in Johnson. They swing Wells to the ropes and double back body drop him. Johnson follows with a fist drop 1..2..Timbs drops a knee on Johnson. Wells hits a gut wrench suplex on Johnson then tags in Timbs. They swing Johnson to the ropes and hit a double flying knee. Timbs follows with a jumping knee drop 1..2..Kick out. Timbs gets on the 2nd turnbuckle and comes down with a forearm drop 1..2.Kick Out. Timbs tags in Wells. Timbs swings Johnson to the ropes and Wells hits him with a flying shoulder tackle 1..2..Cooley breaks the count. Wells swings Johnson to the ropes and bends down but Johnson leapfrogs over and swings back with a clothesline. Johnson rolls over and tags in Cooley. Cooley hammers away on Wells. Timbs runs in and Cooley hammers away on him, then grabs both their heads and knocks them together. Cooley picks up Wells and hits the Oklahoma Stampede 1..2..Timbs drops a knee. Johnson runs in and fights Timbs to the corner. Cooley and Wells fight in the opposite corner. Johnson and Cooley swing the Blondes into each other. Timbs staggers back and Johnson back suplexes him. Cooley catches Wells, hoists him up and hits another Oklahoma Stampede 1..2..3!! The crowd roars as Johnson and Cooley retain the US Tag Titles. 

Mid Atlantic Title Bout

'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff (C) vs. Blackjack Mulligan w/Paul Jones

Hard hitting match up as these guys trade some powerful blows. Mulligan rakes Orndorff's eyes then slams his head several times on the turnbuckle. Mulligan body slams Orndorff then chokes him with his boot. Mulligan swings Orndorff to the ropes but misses a clothesline. Orndorff swings back and hits a high knee. Orndorff regroups and hits a German Suplex 1..2..Mulligan kicks out. Orndorff follows with a vertical suplex, swings off the ropes with a delayed knee drop 1..Paul Jones gets on the apron and distracts the Ref. Orndorff walks over and Jones jumps down and yells up at him. Mulligan nails Orndorff from behind and follows with a back suplex. Mulligan stomps away on Orndorff. Mulligan picks up Orndorff but Orndorff punches away and staggers Mulligan. Orndorff swings off the ropes but Jones trips him. Orndorff staggers forward and Mulligan puts him down with a clothesline! The crowd boos Jones and he turns around and yells at them. Mulligan swings Orndorff to the ropes and hits a flying back elbow smash. Mulligan throws Orndorff to the turnbuckles and puts the boots to him and chokes away. The Ref pushes Mulligan back. Jones gets up on the apron and chokes Orndorff as the fans boo. Mulligan punches away on Orndorff and follows with choking. Same thing happens as the Ref pushes Mulligan back, Jones chokes Orndorff. The boos are loud. Just as Mulligan applies the claw, the fans cheer as Rip Oliver comes running down the aisle! Jones freaks out and panics, he tries to run but Oliver grabs him and rams his head into the steel post, busting him open! The fans are going crazy! Mulligan has released the claw and is yelling down at Oliver. Oliver picks up Jones and just levels him in front of Mulligan. Mulligan goes crazy and is about to go out after him but Orndorff pulls him back and starts firing away with punches. Orndorff body slams Mulligan, picks him up and hits the short arm clothesline. The fans go nuts as Orndorff makes the signal. Orndorff hoists Mulligan up and crashes him down with the Piledriver 1..2..3!!! The crowd roars. Oliver gives him the thumbs up and walks away. Orndorff flexes and holds his Mid Atlantic title high as Paul Jones is unconscious on the outside. 

One of these days Casey will get a win over a high profile opponent.  He's earned it.  I like Mark & Chris getting a squash win so soon after Chris's return.  Always love seeing SBS in action.  Big win for Bad News!  And big way for Lewin to get some heat by dragging in a jobber.  Hot 6-man with the Assassins getting one over on Hot Property and DJ Peterson.  Is the Great Gama next in line to get his arm destroyed by the Professor???  Loved Cooley getting the hot tag and not Johnson in the tag titles bout.  Orndorff and Mulligan is a great, great main event.

MACW @ WTBS Studios TV Aired 7-26-86

Footage is shown from the Cotton Bowl of Kerry Von Erich defeating Nikita Koloff for the NWA World Title.

Schiavone: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. With me as always, my partner David Crockett. Well David we all saw the footage. Kerry Von Erich is the new NWA world heavyweight champion. 

Crockett: Indeed he is Tony. Kerry Von Erich has stopped the nightmare reign of Nikita Koloff. Mid Atlantic wishes Kerry the best of luck and I think he will make a tremendous champion.

Schiavone: David, I agree. Well we have a great show in store for the fans. Our main event will be for the Television title as Tommy Rich defends against Alexis Smirnoff. Another featured bout will be The Flame going one on one with DJ Peterson. 

Crockett: Also in action will be the Canadian International Champion Don Kernodle. We saw this man debut in Daytona, Mark Lewin will make his television debut tonight. Paul Jones's Army will be in 6 man action tonight. Contending teams Polynesian Power and The Fabulous Blondes will be in action.

Schiavone: NWA National Champion Arthur W. Crews will be in the ring as well as King Kong Bundy. We will also hear  pre recorded comments from United States Champion Ted Dibiase along with The Awesome Twosome. Also in the studio today we will hear from Austin Idol, Rob Fuller and Tiger Jeet Singh. As well as footage from shows in Daytona and Columbia. Fans let's take you to pre recorded comments from Ted Dibiase along with Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez.

Standing in front of a private jet at a Texas Airport. 

Dibiase: Boys, finally, we're able to leave the Mud Bowl. Although I did have a great time watching the two of you whip up on Dusty Rhodes and his stooge Bull Gantner in the War Games. What a beautiful sight that was. Purchasing your contracts was the best business move I've ever made and now we have King Kong Bundy working with us. Life is sweet but money is sweeter. (The Laugh) Now, as for you Terry Funk, you cost us the match you buffoon and you will surly pay. At least I get to beat up on your sorry excuse for a brother Dory up in Canada. Jimmy Snuka! Don't think I've forgotten about you. Unfortunately, next week in Greensboro I have to defend my US title against you. I say unfortunately because I actually have to wrestle a savage who wrestles barefoot. Jeez, this is so below my standards. I'm just going to have to beat you quick, get it over with and move on. Now boys, tell his savage buddies Polynesian Power, what's in store for them.

Fernandez: Polynesian Wimps, we have some unfinished business Daddy and this weekend in Pittsburg, we're going to finish it! 

Rude: It's simple. the Polynesian Wimps  just don't stack up to us. We're the better wrestlers and we're the better men.

Dibiase laughs as the segment ends. 

Polynesian Power vs. Ken Jenkins and Gary Williams

Polynesian Power double hip toss Jenkins, who bounces over and tags in Williams. They swing Williams to the ropes and hit a double superkick. Sakalia drops consecutive elbows and tags in Tui (climbs to the top rope) Sakalia hoists Williams on his shoulders and falls back with the Samoan drop, Tui hits the flying elbow drop for the pin! The fans cheer as Polynesian Power bump fists and hug. 

Polynesian Power cut a promo and apologize for coming up short in their bid for the National Tag team titles. But that's not going to discourage them. They say they're going to get back on track and in US tag title contention. They mention their big match with The Awesome Twosome and that they better not underestimate them.   

Commercial Break

Footage is shown from Daytona as Mark Lewin's interference helps Tiger Jeet Singh get the win over Tony St. Clair in the Anything Goes Match. 

Schiavone: Fans, I understand that Tony St. Clair has headed back to the UK for a couple weeks. He's informed me that he will be back and better than ever. Well, I'm a little nervous to bring him out but here's Tiger Jeet Singh. 

Huge boos as Singh comes out with Mark Lewin behind him. Singh swings his sword towards Schiavone as Schiavone quickly steps back. 

Schiavone: I need you to remain calm Mr. Singh. So what's going on here with you and this man, Maniac Mark Lewin?

Singh: (Another sword swing that sends Schiavone running off) Run away! First, I told everybody exactly what would happen to Tony St. Clair. Now he's going back to his homeland a beaten and battered man. This man here (points at Lewin), is one of the few men in this world that I respect. He goes to that ring and he destroys! You will see just that in a minute. Now as for you Paul Orndorff, you are next on my hit list, you are next to bleed and bleed you will when I get my hands on you. I will have your head and I will have your title! 

Singh swings his sword at the camera then follows Lewin to the ring. 

'Maniac' Mark Lewin w/Tiger Jeet Singh vs. Tim Straw

The bell rings and Lewin unleashes on Straw with punches. Straw falls and Lewin stomps away. Lewin picks Straw up and hangs him upside down on the turnbuckles. Lewin just stomps away. Lewin pulls Straw out and starts stomping. Lewin picks Straw up, swings him to the ropes and clamps on the Sleeper! Lewin slowly sinks down with Straw as the Ref rings the bell. Lewin pushes Straw over. Singh runs in the ring. He hoists Straw's limp body up on his shoulders and drops him with the Argentine Back Rack Drop!! 

Commercial Break

Footage from Daytona is shown as Austin Idol beats Rob Fuller with the Las Vegas Leglock then after the match Idol knocks Fuller out with Fuller's brass knuckles. 

Crockett: Ok fans, with me right now is the Universal Heartthrob Austin Idol. Well Austin, you certainly got the best of Rob Fuller in Daytona. Is this issue finally over?

Idol: David Crockett, as far as I'm concerned the issue is over brother. It's time for Austin Idol to go after some gold baby and I'm looking for a shot...

Idol is blasted from behind by Rob Fuller with a loaded towel! The fans boo as Fuller looks down at Idol. 

Crockett: Are you out of your mind? What are you doing?

Fuller: Austin Idol, you might think this is over but I sure don't! 

Officials come out to check on Idol as Fuller walks off. 

Crockett: I think Rob Fuller just made a huge mistake. Fans, back to the ring. 

The Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle vs. Lou Simms and Bill Richards

Timbs swings Richards to the turnbuckles and follows with a charging knee to the mid section. Timbs tags in Wells. They double body slam Richards. Wells just throws Richards to the opposite corner and he tags in Simms. Wells swings Simms to the ropes and hits a flying shoulder tackle then tags in Timbs. They hit the double facelock drop! Timbs covers 1..2..3! The fans boo as Riddle runs in, pushes the Ref away and holds up his boy's arms. 

Commercial Break 

Canadian International Champ Don Kernodle vs. Clyde Putnam

Kernodle comes out with a flag with his face on it! He waves it around as the fans boo big time. He puts the flag down then holds up his Canadian Title as the fans continue to boo. The bell rings and Kernodle takes Clyde over with a few arm drags. Kernodle taunts the fans as he has Clyde in an armbar. Kernodle hoists Clyde up on his shoulders then drops him on the top turnbuckle. Kernodle picks him up and hits the swinging neckbreaker for the pin! The fans keep booing as Kernodle straps the belt around his waist and heads to the podium. Kernodle waves the flag in front of the podium.

Footage from Daytona is shown as Kernodle hits Kirchner with his title and gets the win in their taped fist match.

Schiavone: Ok, Don before we get to what we just witnessed, what's the deal with the flag and your face on it? 

Kernodle: Tony, as you know I've always been the pride of the U.S.A. Well, as you also know, I have been the greatest Canadian International Champion in history. So that makes me the pride of Canada as well. Don't you see the history I'm making here? I'm the pride of two countries! Two! So I wanted to symbolize that and unify that pride with a special flag. This flag with my face on it represents the Pride of Kernodle! 

Kernodle smiles as he waves the flag around.

Schiavone: I...I don't know what to say. Ok well, what about your feud with Corporal Kirchner? Those were some cheap tactics you used to get that victory.

Kernodle: Tony, I came out here making history and you ruin it by bringing up the disgraceful name of Kirchner. How dare you!

Kernodle walks off, stops and waves the flag as the fans keep booing. 

Schiavone: I'm speechless. Fans, we'll be back with a featured bout.

Commercial Break

DJ Peterson vs. The Flame w/The Assassin

Rough hard hitting match as these guys take turns clubbing away on each other. Flame starts to get the upper hand, kicks DJ, then body slams him. Flame chokes DJ on the ropes and backs off then distracts the Ref as The Assassin reaches in and chokes DJ. Flame swings DJ to the ropes but misses a clothesline, DJ swings back and takes Flame down with a shoulder block. DJ pumps up as the crowd cheers. DJ swings Flame into the turnbuckles, hops up and punches away as the fans count along. DJ hops down, picks Flame up and hits a Power Slam! The fans go wild as DJ clamps on the Scorpion Deathlock! The cheers turn to boos as The Assassins hit the ring and beat down DJ. The Ref signals for the Disqualification. The Assassins pick up DJ. Cobra goes to the top turnbuckle. Kazuo nails DJ with a roundhouse kick as Cobra leaps off the top rope with a Senton! The fans cheer as Hot Property hits the ring and cleans house! 

Commercial Break

Hot Property helped DJ Peterson to the back. The Assassin is at the podium.

Assassin: I've had it with those punks always sticking their noises in the Assassin's business. I'm done with it! I'm alone out here and I want those punks out here right now! 

The fans cheer as Hot Property heads to the podium.

Crockett: Easy gentlemen, easy. 

Assassin: Relax Crockett, I'm not going to cause trouble. I'm here to issue a challenge to these two punks, if they have the guts. This weekend Mid Atlantic has a big card in Pittsburg. My Assassins are set to meet the punks here. I said I was done with them and I want to make it final. This weekend, let's make it a loser leaves town match. You punks have the guts?

Travis and Savoldi talk it over.

Travis: We have no problem with that but the stipulation doesn't quite work for us big guy.

Assassin: I knew you boys were cowards.

Savoldi: Hold on, that's not what Billy meant. If we lose, then we'll leave Mid Atlantic, however if we win, your Assassins must unmask! 

The crowd cheers as The Assassin is take aback by this. 

Travis: That's right! We want to beat them and have them wrestle the rest of their careers knowing we're responsible for the unmasking. 

Savoldi: How about it Assassin? You got the guts?

Assassin: You're on. It's been fun boys, enjoy your last weekend in Mid Atlantic. 

Crockett: Ok, it's all on the line between these two teams in Pittsburg. Fans, back to the ring. 

King Kong Bundy vs. Aaron Arbuckle

Bundy body slams Arbuckle, swings off the ropes and hits a giant elbow drop. Bundy picks up Arbuckle and swings him into the turnbuckles then follows with the Avalanche! Bundy hip tosses Arbuckle to the center of the ring. Bundy swings off the ropes and hits the Big Splash for the pin! Bundy heads to the podium.

Bundy: This weekend in Ashville, it's you and me Brown! You've been doing a lot of talking while I was in Lutte. It's going to be a different story when you're looking at me across the ring. I know you're nothing but a fraud with a big mouth. I guarantee you wont be saying anything when I hit you with the Avalanche! That's Bad News for you! 

Blackjack Mulligan/Southern Ramblers w/Paul Jones vs. Vic DeMarco/Alex Portman/Lloyd London

Paul Jones is all bandaged up and wearing a neck brace. Ramblers and Mulligan dominate the match. Johnny Rich body slams Portman and tags in Randy Rose. They hop up on opposite turnbuckles and hit a double flying fist drop then tag Mulligan in. Mulligan applies the claw! The Ref rings the bell. DeMarco and London check on their partner but The Ramblers attack them and hurl them out of the ring. They all head to the podium.

Footage from Columbia SC is shown as Rip Oliver attacks Paul Jones during the Orndorff/Mulligan match. Oliver slams Jones into the steel post and knocks him out with a punch.

Crockett: (Grinning) Paul, how are you feeling?

Jones: Oh yea, you think this is funny. (stops and grimaces in pain) Look what that uncontrollable monster Rip Oliver did to me. He should be banned from wrestling. (Grimaces in pain again) I'm sorry I cant continue.

Johnny Rich: It's ok Paul. You know, it seems that lowlife Jimmy Valiant has rubbed off on Rip Oliver. They also have that clown Sweet Brown Sugar helping them out. That's not going to be enough. In Ashville, it's you and me Sugar. Your coward friend Rip Oliver is out of town but my man Randy will be in my corner. (Laughs)  

Mulligan: Paul Jones paid me a lot of money to get rid of Jimmy Valiant and this weekend in Ashville, that's exactly what I'm going to do! I promise you Paul. And after that is done, Rip Oliver! You're next! 

Commercial Break

NWA National Champ Arthur W. Crews w/Rock Riddle vs. Brad Kimber

Crews swings Kimber to the ropes and hits a flying shoulder block. Crews gets on the 2nd turnbuckle and nails Kimber with a flying drop kick. Crews picks up Kimber and drops him with a Shoulder Breaker for the pin! The fans boo as Riddle and the entire Agency heads to the podium. 

Schiavone: Impressive win for the NWA National Champion Arthur W. Crews. 

Riddle: Whoa Whoa Whoa. I don't mean any disrespect Tony Schiavone but I need to talk to my personal announcer, Davey Baby.

Schiavone shakes his head as David Crockett comes out to save him from this. Crockett sighs.

Crockett: Ok, Rock, what's on your mind?

Riddle: Come on Davey Baby, the Agency deserves a little more enthusiasm. It's cool, I'll let it slide. Well then again, I guess that somberness is fitting for what's first up on my agenda. You know in Hollywood, sometimes when an actor's  studio contract is up, he ends up signing with another studio. It's just part of the business. Well, Tom Prichard and the Agency have parted ways but Tom is going to be just fine. I dealt with another great business man, who reminds me a lot of Hollywood. I'm talking about Luscious Johnny V. Johnny and Tom are a match made in Hollywood Heaven. Good Luck Tom. Now, you just saw Arthur W. Crews, the NWA National Champ in action. Didn't he look great.

Crews holds up his title and puts a shine on it as Timbs and Wells smile and pat him on the back. 

Riddle: Right here and now, we are issuing a challenge to anybody in the NWA who wants a shot at this belt. Arthur wants to travel around and beat wrestlers in other territories. In other words the Agency wants to showcase its prized gem. Next up, there's a team that's gotten under my skin, the Renegade Warriors. They put on a real touching show as the Youngblood brothers have reunited. There's a real B movie for you. My Fabulous Blondes were robbed of their chance at the US titles but we're shooting right back up the ladder and we're starting with you Renegade Warriors. That's a lot to take in, right Davey Baby? Now next time I want you to liven up a bit. I know you got it in you Davey Baby, I know you do.

Riddle leads his men out.

Crockett: (Long pause) Fans we'll be back for our Television Title Bout. 

Commercial Break

TV Title Bout

Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich (C) vs. Alexis Smirnoff w/Iron Sheik

Sheik and Smirnoff attack Rich before the bell. The Ref gets Sheik out of the ring and signals for the bell. Smirnoff puts the boots to Rich. Smirnoff body slams Rich, grabs the ropes and drops several knees then starts choking Rich with his boot. Smirnoff hurls Rich out of the ring and distracts the Ref as Sheik stomps on Rich. The fans cheer as Stampede Rush runs out and hammers away on Sheik. They double team him. Smirnoff heads out but officials come out and break it up then escort Sheik and Stampede Rush to the back. Rich hits Smirnoff from behind and hurls him back into the ring. Rich punches away on Smirnoff, swings him to the ropes and hits the Thesz Press 1..2..3!!! The crowd goes crazy! Tommy holds up the TV title and heads to the podium. 

Schiavone: Big win and another successful TV title defense for Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich. How does it feel?

Rich: Tony Schiavone, I'm on cloud nine baby! It's a privilege to be out here defending this here title. I'm ready to take on all comers ...

Schiavone: Watch Out!!!

Rich is leveled from behind by...Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer! Sawyer picks up Rich and runs him face first into the steel post, busting him open! Sawyer picks up Rich and rams him into the steel post again! Sawyer runs to the podium.

Sawyer: Guess who's here Wildfire! (Laughs) Guess who's here! 

Officials run out to check on Rich. Sawyer runs over and pushes them out of the way. Sawyer picks up Rich and Power Slams him on the concrete! Sawyer picks up an unconscious Rich and Power Slams him on the concrete again!

Schiavone: We need help out here!

Wrestlers from the back run out. Sawyer is laughing hysterically as the show ends.  

MACW is a great read as always.  Tiger Jeet swinging the sword and making Tony run away was cool.  You know I am the biggest fan of Polynesian Power in this entire game but the might have bitten off more than they can chew with the Awesome Twosome.  Great intro for Mark Lewin.  Even though he is nearing the end, he was tough as nails.  I loved him as the Purple Haze.

Don Kernodle and KIrchner angle has some serious legs and is great for these two midcarders.  Kernodle is one of the most underrated MACW guys in history as he and Sgt had some major battles with Jay Youngblood and RIcky Steamboat.

Tough debut for DJ here and I can't tell which tag team, Hot Property or Polynesian Power is in more trouble

I recently heard Jim Cornette talking on a podcast about how bad Paul Jones Army was but this version is great.  Johnny Rich making a name for himself here in MACW and not hanging on the coattails of Wildfire is great and Mulligan is one big dude who would crush Valiant in real life.

And here we go... Wildfire vs Sawyer.  Nobody can resist this one!

Fun stuff happening in Mid-Atlatic, I'm loving the Bad News/Bundy feud and now we get Wildfire vs. Mad Dog?? This is going to be great!

Another great promo from Dibiase and the Awesome Twosome!

Kernodle has really been a stand out both here and in Lutte in recent months, it's amazing how much you guys have raised his stock with some great booking!

Rock Riddle always delivers the goods on the mic, I love the way he handled the departure of Prichard.