Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Lutte Internationale/International Wrestling August 1986

SirEdger

August 1st, 1986

Saddledome, Calgary, AB

-Gilles "The Fish" Poisson & "Nightmare" Ken Wayne (w/Floyd Creatchman) beat NWA World TV Champion Tommy Rich & Tiger Jeet Singh in 17:55 when Singh turned on Rich by hitting him with his sword and Wayne pinned Rich!

-Armand Rougeau beat Rip Oliver in 8:55 with a missile dropkick

-"Nightmare" Danny Davis beat Mike Davis in 5:08

-Hiro Saito (w/Paul E. Dangerously wearing a baseball cap) beat One Man Gang (w/Floyd Creatchman) in 6:52 after interference from Kokina Maximus while Dangerously distracted the referee. After laying down the Gang with 2 legdrops, Kokina draped Saito over Gang to score the upset win!

-Joe Savoldi beat "Bullet" Bob Armstrong in 10:01. After the match, Chris Candido attacked Bob Armstrong!

-Iceman King Parsons beat Jacques Rougeau in 7:54

NWA Canadian International TV Championship: "Maniac" Matt Borne beat Jim Brunzell in 13:05 to retain

NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Championship: Don Kernodle beat Pirata Morgan in 23:33 to retain

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul E must have been doing some real work on that ref as he did not even here Kokina hitting two leg drops.  Paul E has always been one of the best takers in the game.  

Very interested to see what Candido has against Bob Armstrong.

Kernodle continues to be one of the interesting guys in the UWF

Keep up the good work

Was wondering why Singh would team with Rich.  Then I read the match. :)  Good maintenance wins for Armand and Davis.  I'd agree the referee would have to take leave of his senses to miss the two leg drops.  BIG wins for Savoldi and Parsons.  Borne and Brunzell would be a great, great match.  Not sure who the fans would hate more in the main.

And I was wondering what happened to that Colon/Chicky match.

LOL, all good with Kernodle, Kev. I will say, Kernodle's career has had a nice rejuvenation. Man, poor Tommy Rich. Attacked by Sawyer and Singh in the same week. Kokina has been laying low but man did he come back with a vengeance on OMG. Savoldi with a big win over Bullet Bob. Then Candido makes it worse with a post match attack. Parsons gets a massive win over Jacques. Jacques seems to have lost focus lately. BTW, I'm also looking forward to more interpromotional matches. The road to Starrcade will be a good one. 

NWA Lutte Internationale/International Wrestling TV LIVE!

August 2nd, 1986

Kingston, ON

fwa1.jpgnwa.jpg

Quick and dirty results

-The show starts with the announcement of Tommy Rich defending the World TV Championship against Raymond Rougeau tonight and NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Champion Don Kernodle to the broadcast booth for an interview. Kernodle doesn't hide the fact that he's thrilled of the NWA's decision to put Jacques Rougeau on probation and thus getting rid of him in the title picture. Kernodle is in a generous mood and he feels like giving. First, he asks Brian Adias to come out. Brian Adias comes out and Kernodle says he respects what he's been doing so far and how he must deal on a constant basis with Sunny War Cloud and he can appreciate that. Kernodle says he wants to give Adias a title shot tonight. Adias is a bit surprised but he says he'll be ready for tonight and he's gonna give him everything he's got. As Adias walks off, Kernodle mumbles something derogatory towards Adias. Kernodle is rambling on until Jimmy Garvin shows up, with Precious. Jimmy says that if he's in a giving mood, he wants in as well. Jimmy says he wants a shot at Kernodle's title now that Jacques Rougeau is out of the picture. And he wants it on the big stage at Jarry Park in Montreal in 13 days. Don Kernodle says he's the one calling the shot but he's ready to consider it. If Jimmy can successfully get rid of Matt Borne and move past him, then he's gonna give it to him. He doesn't care how or where but it must be done soon. Kernodle wants to be known as THE champion in Lutte Internationale and he wants it to be that way when and if they square off.

NWA Canadian International Tag Team Championship: The Samoan SWAT Team vs Gino Brito & an unknown partner doesn't happen as a bald Prince Alofa Fatu, Kokina Maximus & Hiro Saito attack Gino Brito. Paul E. Dangerously takes the mic and says Floyd Creatchman might've humiliated him the other night but he just won a battle. He will win a war. A war that Paul E. is ready to wage in the entire NWA. Once it's all said and done, the Dangerous Alliance will be the most powerful entity in the National Wrestling Alliance. After the match, The Dangerous Alliance carries away Gino Brito. What does this mean???

-Rick Martel & Gilles "The Fish" Poisson beat Los Infernales in 23:13 when Martel pinned MS-1 with the Slingshot Splash

-Bullet Bob Armstrong is invited to the broadcast booth to comment on Chris Candido's derogatory comments from last week. Armstrong says that he doesn't know what Candido was talking about but the kid is delusional. However, he's not gonna tolerate a snot-nosed kid disparaging the Armstrong family name in the process. Chris Candido confronts Armstrong and reiterates that he knows he was the one who jumped him last week in that mask. Candido wants a match with the Armstrong patriarch and he bets he can't beat him in 10 minutes. Bob Armstrong gladly obliges and we got an impromptu match!

-Bullet Bob Armstrong beat Chris Candido in 7:38

-The Creatchman Family (One Man Gang & Nightmare Danny Davis, w/Floyd Creatchman) beat B. Brian Blair & Armand Rougeau in 8:36 when Gang pinned Armand Rougeau.

NWA World Television Championship: Tommy Rich beat Raymond Rougeau in 20:03 to retain. Both men shook hands afterwards

-Tatsutoshi Goto (w/Paul E. Dangerously) beat Joe Savoldi in 16:36 with the Backdrop Suplex

-Jim Brunzell beat Ken Wayne (w/Floyd Creatchman) in 7:22

Before the main event, the broadcast booth announces the presence of several stars from Portland as the Zambuie Express will return to face the Killer Bees and an 8-Men Tag Team All-Star Match will take place with Portland sending Brady Boone, Billy Jack Haynes, Mike Graham & Tim Horner to face Chris Candido, Matt Borne & Los Infernales! Iceman King Parsons will also wrestle live next week.

NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Championship: Don Kernodle beat Brian Adias with only :03 left before the TV time limit expires! Jimmy Garvin and Precious were spotted at ringside during the match.

101101carpentier-edouard-carte_g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

Very fun card for me as the Bullet gets some revenge on Candido.  

Tommy Rich, another of my favorites, seems to be on getting on a roll of late after some struggles with Prichard.

Brito seems to have a lot of enemies and might need more allies to take on Paul E.

The build of Don Kernodle and the rebuild of Martel continues here.  Wonder if they will ever meet down the road.  Kernodle can't hold that Canadian title forever and well Rick Martel is Rick Martel

Is Kernodle biting off more than he can chew with all of this?  Why is he stirring the pot with Garvin and Borne?  Poor Gino Brito.  The first victim of Paul E.'s war.  Good bounce back win for Martel.  Bullet Bob should be getting wins over Candido.  I like OMG getting a win here.  He needs one.  Rich vs. Raymond would have been an entertaining babyface match.  Goto's build has been tremendous.  Love Jimmy Brunzell, so his wins make me happy.  Of course Kernodle just barely beat Adias. :)  That's just good heel champ booking.

Paul E makes a huge statement and poor Gino Brito felt the wrath. Tommy Rich gets a hard fought title defense over worthy contender, Ray Rougeau. Kernodle might be getting in over his head here but then again he somehow has managed to keep that title around his waist. Good comeback win for Martel. I really liked Bullet Bob setting Candido straight. Goto and Savoldi was a fun match. Jumping Jim has been racking up some wins in Lutte. Looking forward to seeing the Portland stars compete here. 

8 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Well, just remember The Sultan and there you go. :P

It's true! I was living in The Czech Republic for most of '95 through 2001 so I missed the Sultan and Too Cool... but I have seen pictures, and I think Fatu looks great bald. Very scary and tough. 

August 3rd, 1986

CNE Coliseum, Toronto, ON

-Joe Savoldi beat Gilles "The Fish" Poisson in 12:57

-Tiger Jeet Singh beat One Man Gang (w/Floyd Creatchman) in 9:10 after interference from Kokina Maximus and Paul E. Dangerously as Kokina used Tiger's sword to hit the Gang!

-Jim Brunzell beat Satanico in 13:54

-Andre the Giant beat Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) in 12:51

Street Fight: "Pretty Boy" Doug Somers & NWA Canadian International TV Champion Matt Borne beat "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin & Eric Embry (w/Precious) when Borne pinned Emery

-Brian Adias beat B. Brian Blair in 12:58

NWA World TV Championship: Tommy Rich beat NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Kokina Maximus (w/Paul E. Dangerously) in 5:50 to retain after interference from One Man Gang and Floyd Creatchman. Floyd was using his father's cane to choke Paul E!

NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Championship: Don Kernodle beat Tatsutoshi Goto (w/Hiro Saito) in 13:53 to retain

Savoldi with success in perhaps his new home?  I love the use of TJ Singh as a prop here.  Brunzell vs. Satanico!   Match of the night!  I wonder if Andre got booed or cheered. That street fight is runner-up match of the night.  No Sunny War Cloud after the Adias match?  Good symmetry with OMG interfering after the earlier match.  Fun main with Goto's build-up going to good use.

Andre turned babyface again in that 6-men tag at the end of July vs the Rougeaus. So there you go ;)

As for Sunny vs Adias, I've decided to space things out a bit as I got that feud along with others blowing off at Starrcade at the end of the year. And there are some seriously major stuff coming up that will keep everyone interested, at least I hope! ;)

Wow! So much going on in Lutte, Kernodle is on a roll here and really impressive!

Dangerously is on a tear looking for revenge...but threatening the entire NWA covers a lot of ground...interested to see how this goes!

Impressive win for Tommy Rich over Kokina, and OMG gets another shot in on Kokina as well.