Pro Wrestling Only

WWF on Tour August 1986

LowBlowPodcast

wcd0.jpg

WWF Presents: Wrestling Challenge
Hosted By: Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby the Brain Heenan
Matches from: Poughkeepsie, NY – Mid- Hudson Civic Center

Featuring:

Also: Mr. Fuji came on and put over how Demolition is tired of the Hart Foundation… he has a challenge for them… at SNME they will face one another but when Demolition wins… then the Hart Foundation must not be able to wrestle in America for 6 months! When Gorilla asked about Demolition he said they would follow suit. Gorilla asks why they would hold this match in Canada and Fuji says he wants the Harts to lose and stay out!

Plus: Elizabeth was on urging fans to call and write in to Jack Tunney to reinstate the Macho Man!

WWF Live 8/2
Long Island, NY - Nassau Coliseum

IC TITLE BATTLE ROYAL

Curt Hennig won a battle royal featuring: Curt Hennig, Tony Atlas, Tito Santana, Don Muraco, Big John Studd, Dino Bravo, Bunkhouse Buck, Nikolai Volkoff, Boris Zhukov, The Tonga Kid, Jim Duggan, Pedro Morales, SD Jones, Jim Powers, Italian Stallion, Barry Horowitz, Bob Bradley, Brady Boone, Steve Lombardi

superstarslogo.png

WWF Presents: Superstars of Wrestling
Hosted By: Vince McMahon & Jesse ‘ The Body’ Ventura
Matches from: Poughkeepsie, NY – Mid- Hudson Civic Center

Featuring: Wahoo McDaniel & Curt Hennig defeated Greg Valentine & Big John Studd via DQ when Jimmy Hart got involved. The end result was Wahoo’s leg getting cracked with the megaphone and then Studd hit him with a chair in the leg!

Highlight: Mr. Fuji came on and put over how Demolition is tired of the Hart Foundation… he has a challenge for them… at SNME they will face one another but when Demolition wins… then the Hart Foundation must not be able to wrestle in America for 6 months! When Gorilla asked about Demolition he said they would follow suit. Gorilla asks why they would hold this match in Canada and Fuji says he wants the Harts to lose and stay out!

Plus: Elizabeth was on urging fans to call and write in to Jack Tunney to reinstate the Macho Man!

WWF Live 8/3
New Jersey, NJ - The Meadowlands

Don Muraco won a battle royal featuring: Don Muraco, Tony Atlas, Tito Santana, Don Muraco, Dino Bravo, Bunkhouse Buck, Nikolai Volkoff, Boris Zhukov, The Tonga Kid, Jim Duggan, Pedro Morales, SD Jones, Jim Powers, Italian Stallion, Barry Horowitz, Bob Bradley, Brady Boone, Steve Lombardi -

wwf-prime-time-wrestling.jpg

WWF Presents: Prime Time Wrestling

Hosted by Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from: Allentown, PA – Agricultural Hall

PT opens this week with Gorilla and Jesse putting over the letters and calls that the WWF offices have gotten in regards to Randy Savage. They put over how Don Muraco and Curt Hennig have joined Wahoo McDaniel and Greg Valentine as four of the six men who will do battle next week right here on Prime Time for a shot at the Intercontinental Championship at SNME X! They also put over the challenge from Mr. Fuji to the Hart Foundation this past week on television. They put over the big main event tonight with Tony Atlas challening Barry Windham lus the Hart Foundation will be in action and we will hear from Jack Tunney and the Horsemen! Right now we are set for our opening contest… let’s head to the ring!

Billy Jack Haynes vs Steve Lombardi

-A nice little showcase for Haynes who comes out looking strong. He works the crowd and finishes with the big full nelson and Lombardi has no choice but to give up. The big man walks over to Gorilla and Jesse!

Billy Jack puts over his participation in the battle royals as of late and he for one agrees with bringing the Macho Man back into the fold. He knows there are two more battle royals and he plans on winning one of them to get his chance at the title next week!

As Billy Jack walks off we then see the Rockers walk into the scene and they have got the fans going wild. Shawn and Marty put over their shot at the world tag team titles at SNME X and talk about how the Horsemen stole the titles from the Harts but the Rockers will win the titles from them. They talk about Bobby Heenan and how he won’t be a factor and the only thing that will be a factor is the lights when the Rockers come flying left and right and take those tag team titles!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back and we see a higlight from this weekend with Mr. Fuji…

Highlight: Mr. Fuji came on and put over how Demolition is tired of the Hart Foundation… he has a challenge for them… at SNME they will face one another but when Demolition wins… then the Hart Foundation must not be able to wrestle in America for 6 months! When Gorilla asked about Demolition he said they would follow suit. Gorilla asks why they would hold this match in Canada and Fuji says he wants the Harts to lose and stay out!

The Hart Foundation vs Barry Horowitz & Bob Bradley

-The Harts come out to a great ovation and put these two through the ringer before getting the big win. They walk over to Gorilla and Jesse and they are hot!

The Harts put over how the titles were stolen from them and how they plan on getting them back… but in order to do that they will make sure Demolition can’t wrestle in the United States! They accept the challenge and look forward to sending them packing and say that if it is a fight they want… then they got it!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back with Jack Tunney who is putting over the big issue with Randy Savage… Tunney says he got over 25,000 letters and phone calls for him to come back! He will be allowed to compete in the battle royals next weekend! The crowd is going wild and cheering for Savage but then that brings out the Horsemen….

5221dcd296296abb1bcfba51d5a09d6a--wrestl

Bobby Heenan starts by putting a briefcase on the table and opens it up. He pulls out $10,000 dollars and says that any man who eliminates Randy Savage will get this money!

Arn Anderson: There is no way on God’s green earth that the teenie boppers are going to rock and roll over the Horsemen. They may say we stole the titles but possession in nine thenths of the law and brother you are looking at the men holding the titles! You want to walk out here for your fifteen minutes of fame but don’t forget that the lights are pretty bright in the main event and when the titles are on the line they get just a little bit brighter. Shawn and Marty… perhaps its best you stay home and just let this one slide.

Tully: Don’t say we didn’t warn you… don’t say we didn’t tell you it would happen! We have said it before and we will say it again right now...these are our tag team titles and there isn’t a team walking around the WWF who could even come close to taking them… unless we clone ourselves but then again… the original is better than any imitation. Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty are going to find out the hard way that you don’t mess with the best or you end up like the rest!

Barry Windham: I have to say that I look out at the field of challengers and I know that next week a true number one contender will be determined but in no way shape form or fashion will it be Randy Savage. I have beaten you all over this country. I have beaten you at King of the Ring and WrestleMania… I have taken your crown… I have taken your title… I have taken your dignity! I have taken everything you’ve got Savage and now you find a way back in… well it doesn’t matter! There is no way you are going to win that shot… The money is there… and by the way… there are two more men who will be involved this weekend (Arn and Tully smile…) and we know… and you know… that when it is all said and done and the smoke clears… Savage you will have fallen so far down the ladder that you simply won’t matter anymore… not like you already do!

Ric Flair:  I woke up this morning with a feeling…. I have got this feeling that just made me rise out of bed and look out the window and say… MAN IT IS GOOD TO BE A HORSEMEN! HAHA! WOOOO! You got custom made suits… you got Rolex watches… you got Gator Skin on the feet and gold around the waist brother and everyone is lining up! The Harts… the Rockers… The Bulldogs… they all want what the Horsemen got! You got the six-pack challenge… Hennig… Muraco…. Valentine… Wahoo… they all want what they can’t have and what he Horsemen got! Then you got the biggest turkey of them all… Hulk Hogan… you good for nothing yellow dog coming out here and telling these people lies. Brother you may train and you may say your prayers and I know you take your vitamens but pal you can’t get in the ring with me with this title on the line! You are looking down a pipe dream and will never find your way out of the tunnel Hogan… but there is a gliimmer of light. There is a sign of hope… Hogan… there is a way out! I am going to bring the retirement papers with me to SNME! I will let you sign them right there for all of these people and then you an come and be my choauffer! You can carry my bags. I can teach you to lace my boots! Because HOGAN… you may see me in a tag team… six-man…. Eight-man… maybe even a non-title but pal… you will never get me in that ring with this title on the line and that is going to eat you up so bad that you collapse in on yourself like a dying star and pal when you do… another star will be just that much brighter and that is the star of Ric Flair and the Horsemen…. WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back with Hacksaw Duggan out with Dino Bravo and Tony Atlas. They put over their issue with the Horsemen and Duggan says that he and Bravo are going to be here to keep an eye on everyone and make sure this one goes the right way unlike a couple of weeks ago!

MAIN EVENT

Tony Atlas vs Barry Windham © w/ Bobby Heenan

-A fun main event and man does Tony Atlas look good. He has got the physic of a greek-god and he handles Barry with ease around the ring and has him bumping all over the place. We see Heenan starting to sweat outside the ring but Windham is able to get control. He works over Atlas but the crowd starts to stir and shake and get him moving and here comes Atlas to fight back! He is hammering away at Windham with rights and lefts and then a huge press slam. Windham is reeling and here comes Atlas with a big clothesline and Windham goes flying out of the ring to the floor and here comes Arn and Tully! They are trying to help him up but Duggan and Dino come and pull them away and we’ve got a fight! Windham is reeling as he gets up on the apron and Heenan grabs Atlas’ leg and Windham drops down and clotheslines him on the rope! Windham gets in and hits the ropes and then comes with a nasty knee right to the throat and Atlas is in trouble as Windham covers with a handfull of tights and the 1….2….3!

This one may be over but Duggan and Dino don’t want to stop and they are ready for more. The Horsemen have to retreat but they won the battle even though this war is far far from over. They also put over how Mr. Fuji has signed a contract for the Tonga Kid to be taking on the Great Muta at SNME X! Who will win the battle royals this weekend with Savage back in the mix? Who will win the six-pack challenge next week?

WWF Presents: SNME X

Saturday August 30th, 1986

The Forum - Montreal, Quebec, Canada

MAIN EVENT

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Winner of the Battle Royal vs Barry Windham © w/ Bobby Heenan

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Rockers vs Arn & Tully © w/ Bobby Heenan

LOSER CAN’T WRESTLE IN THE UNITED STATES

For 6 Months!

The Hart Foundation vs Demolition w/ Mr. Fuji

The Tonga Kid vs The Great Muta w/ Mr. Fuji

Plus: THE BODY SHOP featuring Hulk Hogan & Ric Flair!

Holy Cow! That stip in the Demolition vs Hart Foundation match is insane. Six months! Something big is coming out of that, I bet.

Muraco is a good choice to win a battle royal. Gives him some momentum going after the IC Title, perhaps. 

Nice hot main event to setup SNME.

Rockers vs Tully & Arn? Yes, please! 

Oh yeah, the stipulation between Demolition and the Hart Foundation really has me intrigued. There has to be some major swerve coming out of this but I can't wait to find out.

And I know this will be low on the card but The Great Muta vs Tonga Kid really has me hyped!

Fuji with a big challenge.  Some big tag team movement going on coming up.  I hope Wahoo's leg holds up.  Haynes and the Rockers as babyfaces work really well in the 1980s WWF.  I like how you use both.  Savage's reinstatement and the Horsemen's obviously concerned reaction is awesome.  Incredible stuff from the Horsemen.  You write them so great.  Out of Hacksaw, Bravo and Atlas I trust Bravo the least.  Hot main event and the finish makes you want to see the Horsemen get theirs.  Perfect.

A lot riding on the Harts/Demolition Match. Loving these IC contender battle royals. They just got hotter with the addition of Randy Savage and Heenan's bounty money. Strong outing for Billy Jack. Rockers seem ready for their big tag title match. Fun TV main event. Atlas looks like a million bucks but it's hard to beat a horsemen and the numbers game. Once again, the Horsemen steal the show with an epic promo. Flair continuing to taunt Hogan is gold. I'm really looking forward to the Body Shop. I have a feeling something big is going to happen. SNME card looks stacked! 

Wow, Mr Fuji laying out an interesting challenge with a heavy toll to pay for one team or the other!

I really love the whole "Reinstate Macho Man" campaign this is classic 80's WWF!

Damn you've got these Horsemen promos down to a science...can't wait for Arn/Tully against the Rockers! 

SNME is going to be must see TV for sure!

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/wcd0.jpg

Featuring: Great Muta, Dino Bravo, Big John Studd, The Russians, and The Nasty Boys

WWF Live 8/9
Cincinnati, OH – Riverfront Coliseum

IC TITLE BATTLE ROYAL

Big John Studd won a battle royal featuring: Randy Savage, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, ony Atlas, Tito Santana, Don Muraco, Big John Studd, Dino Bravo, Bunkhouse Buck, Nikolai Volkoff, Boris Zhukov, The Tonga Kid, Jim Duggan, Pedro Morales, SD Jones, Jim Powers, Italian Stallion, Barry Horowitz, Bob Bradley, Brady Boone, Steve Lombardi -Studd cashed in on the $10,000 when he eliminated Savage after he had eliminated Arn and Tully

http://www.thewrestlinglegendsforum.com/images/svrmods/superstarslogo.png

Featuring: The Blade Runners, Bunkhouse Buck, Tony Atlas, The Bulldogs, and Tonga Kid

WWF Live 8/10
Cleveland, OH – Convention Center

Randy Savage won a battle royal featuring: Randy Savage, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Tony Atlas, Tito Santana, Dino Bravo, Bunkhouse Buck, Nikolai Volkoff, Boris Zhukov, The Tonga Kid, Jim Duggan, Pedro Morales, SD Jones, Jim Powers, Italian Stallion, Barry Horowitz, Bob Bradley, Brady Boone, Steve Lombardi - Savage had to fight off numerous attempts but finally eliminated Arn and Tully to win!

https://next-episode.net/tv-shows-images/big/wwf-prime-time-wrestling.jpg

WWF Presents: Prime Time Wrestling 8/11

Matches from: Hershey, PA – Hersheypark Arena

PT opens this week with some special footage from  Cincinnati this past weekend in which Big John Studd won $10,000 by eliminating Randy Savage and he also earned a chance at the six-pack challenge this week on PT. We then see footage from Cleveland the next night in which Randy Savage eliminated Arn and Tully at the same time to win the shot! We cut to Gorilla and Jesse who really put all of this over and pumped up the big six-man tonight with Wahoo, Hennig, Studd, Valentine, Muraco, and Savage! The winner will go on to SNME to face Windham. We have a huge card this week and right now it is time to head to the ring!

Dennis Stamp & Bob Bradley vs The Russians w/ Slick

-We get a moment here in which the Russians ask everyone to stand for the National Anthem after they put the Russian Nightmare on Stamp for the victory. The crowd isn’t having it and out comes Dino Bravo and Tony Atlas to speak with Gorilla and Jesse!

Bravo and Atlas put over this whole national anthem stuff with the Russians and say that there is no use for that here in the WWF. Bravo says it should be the Canadian or the United States National Anthem and they will make sure the Russians don’t forget it!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back with Jesse and Gorilla talking about the team of the Blade Runners and Jesse brings in the Nasty Boys who say they like to fight dirty and they are going to wipe the cement floor with the painted faces of Sting and Warrior! Right now we’ve got action with Tito Santana!

Tito Santana vs Paul Roma w/ Jimmy Hart

-Tito is back in action here as Jesse and Gorilla discuss how he’s been injured as of late. He is coming back after hurting his elbow but he looks great here. Hart is losing his cool with Paul Roma right now and really getting after him but nothing doing. Roma goes for a big clothesline but Santana ducks and hits the ropes for a big flying forearm for the 3-count! Tito works the crowd and walks over to Jesse and Gorilla!

Tito joins Jesse and Gorilla to put himself over and say he was hurt at the hands of the Horsemen and he knows that he will find a way to get a measure of revenge. He is challenging the Horsemen… win or lose after SNME X and he has got a special partner who will join him in this battle.  Jesse and Gorilla pump it up and say the Horsemen will join us when we come back!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back with Jesse Ventura pumping up the Body Shop with Hogan and Flair. We then see the Horsemen come out...

Bobby Heenan discusses a number of things. The first being the money for John Studd who deserved it and he’s upset that someone couldn’t do it the next night. He puts over how Arn and Tully have a lot on their plate but he would love to wipe the look off of Tito Santana’s face once SNME is done… in fact he will accept the challenge and he assures everyone that it will be for the titles right here on September 1st on Prime Time!

Arn and Tully put over their issues with the Rockers and say they aren’t too worried about the teenie boppers and know that a good man can beat a young boy any day of the week. They put over their issue with the Harts and ask how hard it is going to be for the Harts to get a shot at the titles if they don’t get to wrestle in the states for 6-months! Then they talk about Tito and say that come September 1st when they have done away with the Rockers… when the Harts are banned from the country for 6 months… then they will re-injure the arm of Tito but this time they will do it bad enough for him to not be able to come back!

Barry Windham runs down Randy Savage into the ground. He says that it is garbage that Tunney let him back it. He says it is garbage that he won a battle royal but he will make sure that tonight he doesn’t win the six-pack challenge. He says he’s got $20,000 of his own money from being the IC champ to anyone who eliminates Savage tonight! There is no way that Savage wins tonight… NO WAY!

Ric Flair runs down Hulk Hogan and says there is no way that Hogan shows up to SNME… and when and if he does… then Flair is going to make him sign the retirement papers. He will make sure that Hogan never wrestles again and he will never get a shot at the WWF title as long as Ric Flair is champion. Secondly… Ric Flair runs down Hacksaw Jim Duggan who has come back to the WWF and he’s been sticking his nose in everyone’s business… especially where it doesn’t belong! He says that Hacksaw has bit off more than he can chew and Ric Flair is going to put that 2x4 down his throat if he tries to interfere in the Horsemen’s doings anymore!

Jesse and Gorilla put everything over but Gorilla announces that Hulk Hogan will be here next week and Flair doesn’t seem phased and he welcomes him to come on down and face him face to face before SNME! We shall see! Six pack challenge when we come back!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back with Gorilla and Jesse trying to figure out the rules here. We hear that all six men will be in the ring at the same time like a battle royal but they can be eliminated over the top rope or by pinfall or submission! The winner goes on to SNME X to face Windham! Let’s go to the ring!

SIX-PACK CHALLENGE

Wahoo McDaniel vs Big John Studd vs Don Muraco vs Greg Valentine vs Curt Hennig vs Randy Savage

-What an event here on television… I mean this is something to behold as Gorilla and Jesse pump this up in a huge way. It really ends up being a six-man battle royal but with this group it is something to see. Valentine and John Studd jump all over Savage while Hennig and Wahoo work over Muraco. It takes both Hennig and Wahoo but Muraco is tossed out and then they go to work on Greg and Studd! Savage looks to be out but he is holding on by the skin of his teeth. Next we see Wahoo get rocked with a high knee from Studd and here comes Valentine and they eliminate Wahoo! We are down to four when we cut to commercial…

*COMMERCIAL*

-We’re back with these four men throwing hands and it is Curt Hennig who looks good and he’s almost got Valentine over but John Studd comes from behind and hammers him with a double axe smash and then tosses Hennig! Savage looks at Studd and Valentine and this Hershey crowd starts to get pumped up here. They are getting excited but Studd and Valentine continue to hammer down. They almost start to argue about who will get the money from Windham and it gives Savage a chance to get up and he comes like a house of fire with some shots. Some lefts… some rights… and a couple of huge elbows! The numbers game is just too much though and it looks like Savage is in a bad way when Valentine holds him on the ropes but Studd comes and he lifts up both men and tosses them over the top to the floor! Studd has won it! Studd has won it! Wait! Savage was holding on… Savage was close but not there and he goes up to the top and Studd turns around and Savage with a double axe handle! Here comes Windham! He is yelling for Studd but Savage sees him and turns red! He goes to go after Windham but Studd overtakes him. He is beating him down within an inch of his life. Studd picks up Savage with a choke and slams him down! Studd is really gloating now and Windham is telling him to finish him but Studd looks at Windham and makes the sign for the title. He says he will be the champion. Studd picks up Savage one more time for the choke but he’s walking around and jabbing at Windham but Savage goes over the back and hammers away with a big double axe smash! Studd is wobbly and then Savage hits him again and he goes to the ropes and Savage runs for a high knee to the back and Studd is on tilt and here comes Savage to lift up the legs and send him to the floor! Savage has won it! Savage has won it! He jumps over the ropes and makes chase for Windham who runs up the aisle! Savage is halted by the officials and agents and he goes back to the ring and poses for the fans.

Gorilla and Jesse put this over in the biggest way here. The crowd is going absolutely wild for Savage and he has them all right in the palm of his hand and in his other hand is that of Elizabeth. He makes the sign for the title and we get a shot… it is from the back of Windham and you can barely see his face but he and Savage have locked eyes… this is gonna be nuts when they meet!

MAIN EVENT

Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth vs Barry Windham © w/ Bobby Heenan

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

For 6 Months!

Savage wins it in dramatic form! The Savage/Windham feud has been one wild ride. Russians look strong and a power house feud with Atlas and Bravo should be fun. LOL, I liked the Bradley/Stamp pairing. Santana gets a good comeback win over Roma. A bit of friction going on with Roma and Hart. I wonder who Santana is bringing in? I like Ventura giving the rub to the Nasty Boys. Blade Runners/Nasty Boys is an ideal program right now for both teams. The Horsemen are gold once again. I'm looking forward to a Flair/Duggan series as Flair is the perfect seller for Duggan's explosive offense. SNME is stacked. I think Muta/Tonga will draw some good buzz. 

Love the way Savage won his way in.  His story arc has been so awesome.  Bravo and Atlas seem like the babyfaces here, but mentioning the Canadian anthem could go the wrong way.  I wonder who Tito's partner could be!  Arn and Tully have a LOT of enemies.  I always love the Horsemen interviews.  Savage with the win, we knew it was coming but I love how you got there.  The WWF is on a roll since getting the Horsemen, seems to have all the babyfaces arrayed against them really rocking.

wcd0.jpg

Featuring: Don Muraco, Greg Valentine, & The Rockers

MAIN EVENT

Dino Bravo & Tony Atlas vs The Russians went to a double DQ when the Russian Chain got involved.

Also: Randy Savage showed up on set and got in Bobby Heenan’s face. He put over how he wanted Barry Windham but he wanted him in the cage at SNME! He told Heenan to make a choice or find out the hard way on Monday! Heenan kept backing off until Savage grabbed him and took him out of the area as Gorilla finished the show by himself.

WWF Live 8/16
Pittsburgh, PA - Civic Arena

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair © defeated Tito Santana

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage defeated Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard via DQ

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Barry Windham © defeated Curt Hennig

Greg Valentine & Big John Studd defeated Warrior & Sting

Dino Bravo & Tony Atlas vs The Russians went to a double DQ

Demolition defeated The Hart Foundation

The Rockers defeated Power and Glory

superstarslogo.png

Featuring: Curt Hennig, The Hart Foundation, The Bulldogs, & The Great Muta

Also: After Curt Hennig’s match we saw Greg Valentine come down and attack him leading to officials coming out!

WWF Live 8/17
Philadelphia, PA - The Spectrum

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair © defeated Tito Santana

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage defeated Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard via DQ

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Barry Windham © defeated Curt Hennig

Greg Valentine & Big John Studd defeated Warrior & Sting

Dino Bravo & Tony Atlas vs The Russians went to a double DQ

Demolition defeated The Hart Foundation

The Rockers defeated Power and Glory

WWF Presents: Prime Time Wrestling 8/18

Matches from: Richmond, VA - The Coliseum

PT opens up this week with Gorilla putting over what happened at Wrestling Challenge this weekend and how the Horsemen have been searching long and hard for Bobby Heenan but he’s nowhere to be found! Jesse says that he is usually on the side of Randy Savage but this is deplorable! Gorilla puts over how we’ve got a great card tonight and it is time to start things off right now!

Pedro Morales vs Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart

-Valentine looks awesome right now and he’s really building up some steam as a contender. We have Gorilla and Jesse put over his issue with Curt Hennig and how he interfered in his match this past weekend. Valentine handles Morales with ease and finishes him with a nasty running knee to the skull with that shin protector and then the figure four for the submission victory! We see him walk over to Gorilla and Jesse but then Curt Hennig comes out!

Curt Hennig comes out and says that he is tired of Valentine and he is the one who is challenging him! Valentine says that the title is his and Hennig stole it from him and he’s going to get it back! They set the date for a match next week right here on Prime Time and what an encounter it will be! Right before we cut to commercial it seems as though we’ve got a live feed or something...

We see the first footage that Bobby Heenan is inside a steel cage… more like a dog cage with Randy Savage holding him hostage. Savage taunts Heenan saying that he wants Windham in a cage! We hear loud dogs barking in the background and Heenan is frightened.

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back with Gorilla and Jesse putting over the issue with Hennig and Valentine along with Heenan being locked up by Savage! Jesse puts over his team of the Nasty Boys while Gorilla says that Sting and Warrior will have the upperhand! We head to the ring for this one!

Blade Runners vs The Nasty Boys

-Jesse is very biased in this one and really puts over Saggs and Knobbs while Gorilla is pumping up Sting and Warrior. We get a really fun contest for about 3-minutes with both teams getting involved but then we see pure chaos break out with all four men jumping out of the ring and everyone is throwing some big bombs. The Warrior is potatoing the hell out of everyone while the officials and agents come out but this one is all over the place. It is a double countout/dq. These guys go into the crowd!

Gorilla and Jesse put this over and then we see more footages from Heenan and Savage...Savage tells the Horsemen and Windham that they better come out and sign the contract for their match to be a cage match at Saturday Night’s Main event! They has 20 minutes to sign or else… Savage is putting meat in the cage saying he is going unleash the hounds!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back and Mean Gene is up on the podium and here he comes…

tumblr_nrltbo6GO21t55xupo1_400.gif

Mean Gene: Welcome in here Hulk Hogan… what an ovation from the crowd here… I have to ask… in just a few short weeks you will be in the ring with Ric Flair… what will be going through your head when you two see one another?

Hulk Hogan: Well lemme tell you something Mean Gene… I have been here in Richmond talking to all my Hulkamaniacs and brother… they all know the story of Ric Flair! They know that he is the self-professed dirtiest player in the game well brother... I am changing the game! You see Ric Flair… you can come out here and run your mouth left and right but one thing you have to understand is that you can run… but you can’t hide! I know you have got Jack Tunney in your back pocket dude… but come hell or high water… I am going to get my hands on you and get what rightfully belongs to me!

Mean Gene: It is the match that everyone wants to see… in the previous months we’ve seen you in six-man tag team action and tag team action against the Horsemen but what will it take it get into the ring with Ric Flair one on one?

Hulk Hogan: Well Gene… I have asked myself that question 1000 times if I have asked it once. Ric Flair stole the title from me in Boston and since then he has gone around and defended it like the shadow of a champion he is. I don’t think I have ever seen him put someone down for the 1...2...3 or make them submit and there is no way he could ever wrap up the largest legs in the world dude.

Mean Gene: I have to ask… it will be in the Body Shop with Jesse Ventura… what do you think his role will be in all of this?

Hulk Hogan: Well Jesse… I can see you over there and you know this pal… understand that if you try to get in my way… if you try to stop the strongest force in the world from getting my hands on Ric Flair then you Jesse Ventura will feel the wrath of HULKAMANIA!!

Hogan rips off his shirt and throws it towards Jesse and poses for the crowd. Ventura is hot and he is running Hogan down something awful! The Rockers take on Power and Glory when we come back!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back with Gorilla putting over the Hogan interview and Jesse Ventura going nuts challenging Hogan to a fight! Gorilla wonders what will happen in the Body Shop with these guys around! We cut to the ring to see the number one contenders for the world tag team titles in action against Power and Glory!

The Rockers vs Power & Glory w/ Jimmy Hart

-This ends up being kind of the end of the line for these two teams as Power and Glory really have some issues with one another and their lack of communication. Hercules is going left and Roma is going right with Jimmy Hart getting flustered. In the end we see a huge double dropkick on Hercules sending him out of the ring to the floor! Roma comes for a clothesline but Michaels ducks and then they hit him with a double dropkick and go up top for a double fist drop as Hercules watches on with Jimmy! 1….2…..3 and the Rockers have won it! Roma stumbles out to Hercules who is there with Jimmy Hart but Hercules clocks him with a big right hand! Hercules and Hart walk off to a chorus of boos!

Gorilla and Jesse don’t know what to make of this as Hercules and Hart have left Roma to slaughter there. We see the Horsemen walking out but we have to go to commercial… we’ll be right back!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back and we’ve got Windham out here with Arn and Tully. They are irate about this situation with Savage and we cut to some more footage of Savage messing with Heenan in the cage and then we hear the dogs really barking now. Heenan is begging Windham to sign the contract and Windham is looking at it and he must abide! He signs the deal and at SNME X it will be a Cage Match for the IC title with Randy Savage going up against Barry Windham! Savage then gets the phone call that everything is good to go and he says thank you and then releases the HOUNDS OF HELL!

giphy.gif

MAIN EVENT

CAGE MATCH

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

For 6 Months!

The Hart Foundation vs Demolition

Dino Bravo & Tony Atlas vs The Russians w/ Slick

Another good loop. Flair and Santana is always a crowd pleasing match. Hogan/Savage clashing with Arn and Tully is pretty damn awesome. I like this feud going with Atlas/Bravo and the Russians. The Hennig/Valentine feud went up a notch. Valentine has been ruthless but Hennig seems ready for the challenge. Blade Runners and Nasty Boys have a wild brawl. This feud is  giving both young teams good exposure. Looks like Herc and Hart are done with Roma. Hogan with a strong promo. Man, I cant wait for their body shop showdown. Savage putting Heenan in a cage and releasing the dogs made for some great TV and the plan worked as he gets Windham in the cage! The SNME card is stacked. 

Poor Bobby on Challenge.

That Pennsylvania loop looks awesome.  Every match is something I would want to see.  Well, besides Bravo/Atlas and the Russians.

Valentine attacking Hennig continues a feud that I love.

Yes!  Hennig vs. Valentine next week!  Great first meeting between Blade Runners and Nasties.  Love this feud for both teams.  I love the asshole Hulk promo sulking about Tunney.  So true to life.  Man, I wonder what Roma did wrong.  Or is this just another scheme?  Savage getting what he wants by using Heenan is awesome.  Can't wait for that cage match!

SNME is shaping up to be more of a PPV than a SNME. Look at that stacked card!

Love the use of the multiple TV programs. As necessary as Superstars is, I always like it when someone is able to utilize Prime Time. It has a fond place in my heart and I wish they'd dump the rest of them on the Network. 

Herc apparently turns on Roma which for 1986 I agree with. While Herc became stale on his own by 1990, he's primed and ready for a big run here in 1986 without the aid of the young Roma. 

Hoping somehow we see that cage match play out.

WWF Presents: Prime Time Wrestling 8/25

Matches from: Brantford, Ontario, Canada – Civic Centre

We open up the PT with a nice little rundown of SNME 10 that will come to you this weekend. We cut to Gorilla and Jesse who are standing by and with them are the team of Dino Bravo and Tony Atlas! They put over the big match this weekend with the Russians and say that in Canada, it will be a pleasure to beat the Russians and put them in a place they belong! Atlas just flexes and works the crowd. We then cut to our opening contest…

Steve Lombardi vs The Great Muta w/ Mr. Fuji

-A fun little opener with Fuji working the crowd and Muta putting on a fantastic show. He is such a spectacle to see and he finishes up Lombardi with that huge moonsault for the 3-count. Lombardi stumbles back up and Muta with the MYST and Lombardi goes flying out of the ring. Muta and Tonga Kid this weekend should be a big one!

Before commercial we see Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse welcome in Slick and the Russians. They put over the big match this Saturday and talk about how there will be no winning for Canada just LOSING but on a bright note… the Russian National Anthem will be played loud enough for all to hear throughout the world!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back with the Hart Foundation putting over their match with Demolition this weekend… they talk about how this is the most important match of their careers and how Demolition will never beat them and keep them from wrestling for all their fans throughout the world!

Todd Champion & Bob Bradley vs The Nasty Boys

-A good little showcase for the Nasty Boys who break these two apart in the ring. They are really roughing them up and it isn’t pretty. We get a backdrop by Saggs and a middle rope elbow by Knobbs for the three count.

We then cut to the team of the Rockers who are out putting over their chance of a lifetime this weekend against the Horsemen. They say that they have trained for this moment and know that win, lose, or draw they will leave it all out there against these guys. They know what the Horsemen can do but they don’t think that the Horsemen know what the Rockers can do!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back with the Horsemen and they come out to some serious heat with Angel and Sherri beside them and the Brain leading the way. They put over the big weekend as everyone has something to say…

Heenan puts over how the Horsemen have all the gold and they will continue to have all the gold this week. He has accepted the challenge of Tito Santana next week on Prime Time and can guarantee that the tag titles will be on the line! He knows that this is Randy Savage’s last chance at the title and Windham will make him pay for the humiliation of having to be in that dog cage. He then says that Hogan is lucky it isn’t thanksgiving or they would dress him up like a turkey when he sulks away from SNME a retired buffoon!

Arn and Tully put over the tag title match and talk about watching all contenders on the way up the card. They know about he Rockers, they know about the Harts, they know about the Bulldogs. They aren’t afraid of any of them. They put over Tito Santana and say he may be a good singles wrestler but he can’t find a partner to make a great tag team. They put over the Rockers again and talk about their speed but when it comes down to it, the Horsemen have all the intangibles to be the best in the business!

Barry Windham runs Savage through the ringer and puts over the cage. He says that for so long he knew it would come to this… the match to end it all and he is prepared to do everything in his power to put Savage down and out of this sport forever!

Flair pumps up his issue with Hogan and he shows the retirement papers. He says Hogan can either sign it with his hand or Flair will sign it with Hogan’s blood…. Either way… Hogan is done… he is finished in this business! Flair says he has retired them all and Hogan will be next!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back and they pump up this huge TV Championship match as these guys have been at one another for a long time and we head to the ring!

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Curt Hennig © vs Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart

-These two have some MAJOR issues and it boils over early as they go to the floor and chop the living hell out of one another. They are just pounding away and both men have got red chests as the crowd is going wild! Both men are going nuts and then Jimmy Hart pulls on Hennig’s hair and that gets his attention enough for Valentine to go low with a knee. We see the Hammer work over Hennig and wear him down. Hennig finds a way to fight back and he is in control but once again Jimmy Hart gets involved and the referee sends him to the back and the crowd pops! They are going wild right now and Hennig is trying to fight back. The Hammer then comes with a nasty uppercut and Hennig falls backwards. He is slowly getting up to his feet and here comes the Hammer with that shin guard and he just DESTROYS Hennig and he is out! Valentine then covers for the 1…..2…… FOOT ON THE ROPE! OH MY! Valentine goes wild but he picks up Hennig and smacks him around a little bit before a big powerslam! He grabs him again and another powerslam! The Hammer then grabs the leg for the figure four but Hennig rolls through for the roll up and a 2-count! The Hammer jumps back up and hammers away but Hennig ducks a big clothesline and grabs him for a German Suplex and a bridge for the 1….2….DING DING DING! They have hit the 15-minute time limit! The crowd is roaring here as Valentine is irate. Hennig is still dazed and confused and Valentine grabs the belt and runs and JUST DEMOLISHES HENNIG WITH THE TITLE! He is busted wide open and he is out of commission! The referees and officials come down and send Valentine to the back but this is just the beginning of a bad situation!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back with Gorilla and Jesse putting over that Hennig has been sent to the hospital and they are unsure of his condition. They put over how Valentine could be finded and suspended but Jesse says that it was a crime of passion and he shouldn’t be bothered with that. That brings out Randy Savage and he has got the crowd in the palm of his hand….

Randy Savage: I want to take a moment and thank each and every one of these fans and all the fans around the world that flooded the WWF offices with letters and cards for my reinstatement… yeah! I want to take a moment and tell each and every one of them that this Saturday THERE WILL BE BLOOD! OHHHH YEEEAAAAAHHHHH! I want to tell every person watching this and throughout the world that they shouldn’t let their kids watch what I am going to do to Barry Windham…. DIG IT! Windham! You have not tamed the beast… I am going to be a caged animal and brother I am coming for you… yeah… I am coming for everything you’ve got and I am going to put you down… got it huh? I am going to wipe your face up and down the side of that cage and not even a mirror will tell you who you are dig it! Windham… my time has come to get back what is mine and I am coming for you and I am going to put this elbow right through your chest and there ain’t a damn thing you can do about it… OHHHH YEEEAAAHHHHHH!

Gorilla and Jesse put it over… this saturday night… Savage and Windham in the cage… the Rockers get a chance at the tag titles… Hogan and Flair in the Body Shop…. Get pumped!

MAIN EVENT

CAGE MATCH

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

For 6 Months!

The Hart Foundation vs Demolition

SuperStars.png

WrestlingChallenge.jpg

Awesome set up show to SNME. Muta looks good on TV and his upcoming match with Tonga just might steal the show. Like seeing this Nasty Boys showcase. Puts them over well. What a TV main event. One of the best TV matches I've seen in this game. They go the limit but Valentine makes sure he has the last word. Hennig will be back with a vengeance. Man, another classic promo by the Horsemen but Macho Man's was right on par. No doubt, SNME is must see TV! 

I like how MUTA is being put over in the States so far.  Can't say I am super excited for Bravo/Atlas and the Russians.  Maybe if Bravo is wrestling like he did in Lutte and not the WWF.  Love the Rockers making sure everyone knows they are underdogs against the Horsemen, but they won't stop trying.  The Harts and Demo should be a really good match.  Nasties living up to their name, as they should.  As always you kill it with the Horsemen. Great match between Hennig and Valentine with an even better post-match.  When is the rematch?  Savage with a great money promo to end the show and we are ready for SNME!

The way you handle the WWF is absolutely awesome, from keeping all of the feuds hot to getting the tone right on the big promos to just finding the right way to build guys up.  It's such an improvement on what the WWF actually did during that time.  It's such a great mix of fantasy booking and the way things actually worked.

WWF Presents: Saturday Night’s Main Event X!

8/30
Montreal, Quebec, Canada – The Forum

Ric Flair: WOOO! The Bright lights of NBC are on and my oh my the Horsemen are alive and well with all the gold. Tonight… the tag titles on the line… the Horsemen will win. Tonight… the Intercontinental titles on the line… Barry Windham is going to mash the face of Randy Savage and take all that he’s got left. Then… Hogan… you come eye to eye with me… I have got the papers right now and either you sign in pen or you sign in blood but tonight… you are done in this business!

Slick: Special Saturday Night’s Main Event and they have got the Russian flag ready to be raised when Nikolai Volkoff and Boris Zhukov put down that little team of Tony Atlas and Dino Bravo… tonight it won’t be O Canada… it will be O Russia my sweet Russia!

Dino Bravo: That Slick likes to run his mouth as much as those Russians sing. Well we’re in my hometown of Montreal tonight and tonight there will be no Russian national anthem… it will be O Canada and the fans will sign right along with me in victory!

Mr. Fuji: Tonight I have got two big matches… first the Great Muta shows the world why he is going to be big star in USA and then Demolition is going to leave Canada and close the border on the Hart Foundation! HAHA!

Bret Hart: Everyone knows that the Hart Foundation are a mix of Canada and America’s finest… fans all over the world love to watch us wrestle and tonight we have to show the world why we are the best tag team in wrestling. Demolition may be big and they may be bad but they don’t have Hart… and that’s what we have plenty of!

Tully Blanchard: Saturday Night’s Main Event is here and the tag titles are on the line. Rockers...we gave you the chance to back out… you could have done it with an ounce of pride but instead you will find yourselves on the short end with two bad dudes ready to put an end to you once and for all.

Arn Anderson: Be aware that your next words may be your last and when it comes to tag team wrestling there is no better than the two men you’re looking at. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.

Shawn Michaels: You know I am sick and tired of hearing all the warnings… the Rockers are ready to take it to the next level and Marty tonight we have the chance of a lifetime!

Marty Jannetty: It is like there is a hurricane warning coming off the coast and everyone is fleeing for their lives but we are here standing strong and ready to take that gold. We are gonna rock and roll strut and stroll all over you two Horsemen and don’t say we didn’t warn you!

Barry Windham: Randy Savage, I have said it before and I will say it again. I have beaten you all over this country and now we have got each other one last time and you wanted a cage… well you got it pal! Tonight… I eliminate all doubt that I am better than you and I eliminate all hope these people have that you will ever hold this title again!

Randy Savage: The trials and tribulations of a man’s journey from something to nothing and nothing to something have been cataloged over the year of 1986 and tonight is the reckoning. Barry Windham… you have taking so much from me but there is so much left. Now it is time that I find that and I take it to the next level and get my title back and show the world why I am the Macho Man… OHHHH YEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Vince McMahon: Welcome everyone to Saturday Night’s Main Event! Fans we are here in the Forum in Montreal, Quebec, Canada for what will be the most exciting two hours of television on a very special edition of Saturday Night’s Main Event!

Jesse Ventura: It is SNME 10 McMahon and I think this may be the best of them all. We’ve got two hours coming up… we’ve got two title matches… plus the Body Shop!

Vince McMahon: Fans this is going to be an amazing night of action and it is time to head to the ring right now for our first matchup!

-Great opening contest with each team putting on some good stuff. We see the hometown boy of Bravo really light up the crowd as he and Atlas get control. The Russians cheat to get some heat but it is only for the team of Bravo and Atlas to fight back and then we see them isolate Boris and hit him with the big powerslam by Bravo for the 1...2…..3!! Bravo and Atlas then have the Canadian Flag raised and O’ Canada is ringing throughout the arena!

*COMMERCIAL*

We get a fun little promo with Mean Gene and the Rockers who say that this is the chance of a lifetime. The butterflies may be as big as eagles but that is going to help them soar to victory and rock and roll, strut and stroll all over the Horsemen! YEAH!

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Rockers vs Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard © w/ Bobby Heenan

-Jesse is prime in this contest as he really runs the Rockers down but they come out of their shell and just put it all on the line here. They are fighting toe to toe with the Horsemen and the crowd is going wild for it. Vince thinks they are going to win it all on a couple of occasions but the Horsemen continue to find a way. This one goes about 14-minutes and by the end it appears as though the Horsemen have been run ragged. We see a flurry at the end… the Horsemen grabs Jannetty for a spike piledriver but Shawn Michaels runs and pushes Tully off the top rope and then goes up as Jannetty is holding Arn’s legs and Shawn flies off with a big dropkick and then Jannetty rolls through and makes a big cover for a 2 and 7/8s count! The crowd is going nuts as Tully gets back up but the Rockers run and hit a double dropkick sending him flying into the guardrail! Arn is slow to get up but here comes Shawn with a cross body and Arn ducks and Michaels goes flying out of the ring to the floor! Jannetty grabs Arn and tosses him to the ropes and goes for a big clothesline but Arn ducks and Jannetty hits the ropes and Arn is waiting for a NASTY SPINEBUSTER for the 1….2…...3!! The Horsemen get out of this one by the skin of their teeth and the crowd is exhausted! The fans are going nuts here. Arn and Tully hold the titles high as the Rockers have the recoup but what a match!

*COMMERCIAL*

SNME is back with Jesse and Vince putting over that big tag title match. They say we have so much more to come. They put over the Body Shop and the big IC title match. Now we have Tonga Kid and Muta… let’s go to the ring!

-We have seen the Rockers coming out party but damn if Muta doesn’t take it a step further. He is one of the hottest young stars in the sport and he shows why right here. Tonga Kid gives him all the chances in the world to shine and he takes it to another level. The back spinning elbow gets the crowd ready and then the blue myst to the face gets them lit but it is the moonsault halfway across the ring that makes them explode! Muta with the 3 count and he has got everyone buzzing here on SNME!

Before commercial we see Ric Flair and Bobby Heenan talking to Jack Tunney… Flair is showing him the papers… will Hogan retire tonight?

*COMMERCIAL*

THE BODY SHOP w/ Hulk Hogan & Ric Flair

-We jump right back into the Body Shop with Hogan and Flair as both men come out to a loud ovation. They are in the ring again together but this time Ventura is the mediator. Every time Hogan starts to get going Ventura pulls the microphone away from him. This infuriates Hogan who starts to get riled up before getting in Jesse’s face but cooler heads prevail. The short and skinny of the segment is that Flair is aging Hogan on to retire but Hogan says he has one more thing to prove and that is to beat Ric Flair for the World Title! Flair he will never get the chance and Hogan says he will put his career on the line to do it. This is where Jesse intervenes again but Flair continues to agg him on. Hogan is starting to get flustered with both guys giving him the business and then he grabs Jesse again but Flair just wollops him with the World title! Flair then grabs the microphone…. He picks up Hogan’s head and says $100,000 bounty to put Hulk Hogan out of this business…. Flair will pay the bounty and Hogan will never… ever… get a chance at this title again!

*COMMERCIAL*

SNME is back and we see the Demolition in the back with Fuji. He puts over Muta and says that tonight Demolition will do the same and they will be the ones who give the Harts a heart attack and demolish them in front of everyone!

LOSER CAN’T WRESTLE IN THE US FOR 6 MONTHS!

-The Harts with a bigger ovation than Bravo come out to a heroes welcome here in Montreal. They go 15-minutes with Demolition in one of the hardest hitting tag team matches we’ve seen in a long time. These guys just beat the living hell out of one another and the fans are screaming for the Harts to come back. We see Demolition just destroy Bret when they toss him off the apron into the guardrail sternum first. They then go to work on the Anvil and break him down something awful before trying to finish but the Anvil fights back with some big rights and lefts. Smash runs at him but he hoists him over his back to the floor! Axe starts to hammer down on the Anvil but they go blow for blow before getting near the ropes  and the Anvil goes down and grabs Ax’s legs before Bret Hart comes over the ropes with a roll up and the Anvil jumps on top and they cover for the 3-count! The Harts have won it and the crowd is going absolutely wild! The Harts have won the contest and salute to the fans. Demolition are escorted back by officials but they can’t go to the USA so they might have to find work elsewhere!

We then see Randy Savage getting ready for the big cage match as he has taped up his hands. We see him leave the dressing room with Elizabeth staying put… he says she doesn’t need to be out there to see what happens tonight!

*COMMERCIAL*

SNME is back with Jesse and Vince putting over this cage match in a big way. They talk about how this is Savage’s last shot. This is Windham true time to shine and put Savage away forever. Everything comes to head tonight… this has been building for over 6 months with Wars fought all over the country… let’s head to the CAGE!

blue-cage.jpg

MAIN EVENT

CAGE MATCH

-This all started with Windham took the King of the Ring from Savage with the help of Bobby Heenan. They took it to WrestleMania and Windham won again. Savage got his revenge at the Showdown at Shea but here… the cage… the title… the last chance...all the fans are excited as both men make grand entrances. This one goes 17-minutes and has some fun psychology with Windham constantly trying to escape and Savage clawing and scratching to keep control. We se some blood early on from Windham as Savage is rabid in throwing him into the cage. The tide turns when both men are at the top of the cage and it looks like Windham smashes Savage’s head on a screw or cable or something and Savage falls down with a nasty cut above his eye. With both men juiced we go to commercial as Jesse and Vince are putting this over like crazy. We return and it is Windham who has control and he is hammering away at Savage as the blood pours from his eye but Savage makes a comeback and he just hammers away at Windham. Elizabeth is shown running to the ring in tears. Savage throws Windham from pillar to post and coast to coast inside the cage before he catches Heenan trying to corner Liz and that gives Windham his chance to knee him in the back and Savage nails the steel. Heenan yells at Windham to finish him and Windham puts Savage on his shoulder and takes him to the corner… he looks for the superplex but then he hoists him up higher and he’s got him on the top of the cage but he is taking too long. Savage with a couple of headbutts and then and huge elbow and Windham goes flying into the middle of the ring. Savage climbs to the TOP OF THE CAGE….

giphy.gif

- HE COMES CRASHING DOWN THE ELBOW! The crowd explodes! Savage gets up and falls back into the cage. He ascends the steel and then we see Heenan push the referee out of the way and he starts to pull Windham but Savage goes down the cage. Savage drops down as Heenan pulls Windham out but Savage lands first and he is the NEW Intercontinental Champion! The crowd is going wild as Savage and Liz hug and he holds the title high in the air. What a moment. What a SNME. Fans we’ll see you for Prime Time on Monday Night!

savageand-liz.jpg