Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Evolution

Edwin

8 hours ago, Jimmy Redman said:

Mate if I went through this for every PPV I'd have a heart attack.

I'm still thinking about it. Luckily for my health I'm pretty sure I'll never care about anything this much ever again. Although I thought that after the Rumble too so.

You'll be fine, I'll buy you a salad and we'll keep the ticker in check.  On the other hand, you gave me a few things I want to go back and watch again on the show, and I definitely don't need that kind of trouble every month.  You even made a couple of the matches more fun to read about than watch!  Job well done.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, if Becky/Ronda was always the plan, Becky should have laid Ronda the fuck out during that embarrassing PR, patronising curtain call business. Everyone should understandably be proud for putting on a fantastic show first time out and god knows they've all worked ridiculously hard to get to this point but every time they talk about "revolution" when all the women have to stand around, out of character, it ends up weakening the whole thing for me. These women have proven, beyond a doubt, that they're able to anchor hot feuds and deliver awesome matches, they need to stop undercutting it because they think they deserve applause for treating women like human beings for the first time in their history.

Anyway, Becky/Charlotte was great and Becky is a total star at the moment, Ronda is going to accelerate so far ahead of everyone in about 18 months that you need to hope somebody comes along to match her, the "Attitude Era/Divas Era" stuff was handled really well, similarly to the Rumble, MYC Final and NXT Title matches delivered and got all 4 workers over just about as well as you could want and, most importantly, it was in front of a crowd that popped and reacted like I want a crowd to. I don't know if all the annoying fans were on that Jericho Cruise but if so, I hope he does one every month.

I enjoyed the shit out of that main event, if I'm being honest. I've seen people say it was all "smoke & mirrors", as if that automatically carries some sort of super negative connotation.

Newsflash: Pro wrestling, at its finest, is total smoke & mirrors. That's the art form. That's the ultimate realization of the game. It's one skillful hat trick after another. It's all illusion. It's a series of distractions & deceptions in rapid succession. That's the point.

In this case, I thought everything pulled together well. Nikki was solid, and Ronda looked excellent here - after some fairly underwhelming stuff with Alexa for awhile there.

But we saw some of Ronda's best selling & struggling to date, and I loved the way she freed herself up for all the cheap shots from Brie. And - no lie - I even bit on that nearfall after the Rack Attack 2.0, and I never really expected to buy the threat of a title change here. But they drew me in and kept me engaged from start to finish.

And, while it's totally just a bonus, I have to admit - it was cool that Ronda came away with some bumps & bruises, looking like she'd been in an actual fight out there.

G'day my dudes I'm high and I'm still thinking about Evolution and I realised I NEVER SAW THE KICKOFF SHOW.  UNTIL NOW!

Renee, Paige and Beth is so sweet a panel that I've just been diagnosed with Diabetes. They're adorable. Renee is already talking about the lump in her throat. Nope.

Sasha and Alexa is a hilarious pairing. Any chance to bring up Abu Dhabi, as if that's what they're doing in KSA. Eww. Poor Alexa, missed out on the Rumble and now this.

Sasha already in full makeup fucking LOST HER SHIT 2.7 SECONDS AFTER OPENING HER MOUTH. NOPE.

Woke Feminist Cole is Bae. I bet you he's still mad that Meiko lost.

AS LONG AS I LIVE I will never get tired of watching Becky go "Oi luv moiself" with THAT FUCKING PETE DUNNE SMIRK before beating the crap out of Edge. Edge mate, you need to stay away from women on Smackdown. First you were outworked by Kelly Kelly, now you're getting flamethrowered by Becky.

The absolute best thing though was BETH BEING ALL OFFENDED that Becky dissed her husband and quietly going, "I don't get hot over much, but that made me hot." SHE IS SO ADORABLE. I am 1000% here for Becky running through Beth on some PPV but so please make it happen The Road Dogg.

I love Trish so much. Her point about how her and Lita were opposites with their own fanbases but now they're like combined into the same fanbase is something I never thought of until now. Her looking so darn excited to have another face off with Mickie just makes my heart sing, knowing that it came and the people went banana.

CARMELLA. Who the fuck would have thought three months ago that Carmella would be the next babyface in wrestling? Mental. Sometimes The Road Dogg knows what he's doing. A broken clock and all that I guess.

All the girls LOVE Nattie. To a woman. I absolutely love this because I get it. I don't think a lot of guys really get Nattie. But every woman has a Nattie. And if they don't, they need one.

R-TRUUUUUUTH! He came out to tell Paige that he had just spoken to Paige in the back farken Jesus haha. He's going to win the battle royal and face Carmella. This shit is absolute fucking genius, how. Just how. R-Truth is the most underrated comic genius in company history. 2011 #neverforget. And then he shoot asked if he could take his mic hahaha fuck.

I will never get tired of this MYC shit as long as I live. I just found out about the original booking and even though I never even considered such a thing, the more I think about, Tegan going over Io was making a lot of sense until she got injured.

OHMYGOD MARIA MENOUNOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY SWEET DARLING GIRL, MARIA WAS ON E! AND DANCING WITH THE STARS AND SHE AIN'T NEED THIS SHIT AND SHE STILL WORKED WRESTLEMANIA WITH BROKEN RIBS AND A TORN UP FOOT SHE IS THAT BITCH SHE IS A MOTHERFUCKING WRESTLER MY DUDE.

I just ran screaming to my mother in joy. I'm so genuinely glad that she's here. Her couple stints obviously let her into the secret Divas Sisterhood of Eternal Life she looks fantastic and now I'm kind of mad that she didn't enter the Battle Royal and toss everyone out.

R-Truth finding Carmella's mum is the fucking best.

OH. MY GOD. OH MY GOD.

EVE MARIE TORRES GRACIE. HOLY SHIT.

This hasn't been remotely what this is about but OHMYGOD EVE TORRES HACHE MACHE. I've said this so many times it's probably lost its meaning but it's really no exaggeration that Eve Torres has not aged a day since 2013.

ALSO OH MY GOD LOOK AT THE WAY BETH IS LOOKING AT HER. MY POOR HEART. Seriously look at Beth's sweet little face just fucking gazing at her. 17 pieces of fanfiction just spontaneously burst into existence after that look.

I just can't get over how beautiful Eve Torres is.

OH MY GOD WHY ISN'T EVE TORRES IN THE BATTLE ROYAL.

Beth and Eve shouting out Fit Finlay was sweet and good and necessary and frankly hasn't happened enough. On the list of people who made this happen he is easy Top 5.

Oh wait Eve said she wished she was in the Battle Royal too so maybe she's injured or pregnant or something. Fingers crossed for the Rumble.

These women give me life marking out over Kairi the Pirate and Shayna Baszler.

Charley Caruso is a bit of a close talker, Ronda looks like she's answering questions out from under her. Also Ronda going from Smilin' Ronda to MDK Ronda back to Smilin' Ronda was positively sociopathic.

The best part about the Ronda/Nikki feud was this package with the snippets of the girls marking out after Ronda's Wrestlemania match. That's cool. The Bellas are such Bellas that them saying something so wrestling-y as "Match of the Year!" is genuinely weird. Ronda taking the slap and laughing and going, "I will end you." was some badass motherfucking shit. Ronda is terrifying.

It's so cute how the current girls are rushing to the defense of the Bellas. Renee is straight up shootin' sis. She's hot. Renee is the best at everything.

I'm so invested in all this I just had a fucking ball going back and watching the damn preshow. I may watch this whole shit again now. Or maybe watch the Rumble again. Or just put it all on a constant loop until I die.