Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/03 - 12/09 Bolsonaro made me abandon my sports team

KawadaSmile

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thing with Dream is that his character is so... fascinating, that the possibilities with him are more vast than with basically anyone else on NXT. in some ways, he's similar to Goldust, who could pretty much be included into any role and do a great job - but Velveteen is younger and has a better look.

with guys like Gargano or Ciampa, can you really do something with them on the main roster? they already told basically everything that could be told, turned both of them heels after making them feud with each other

Johnny Wrestling has 205 Live written all over him. That's hardly the worst fate in the world, but it's still practically WWE purgatory for the most part. It's a paying gig though, and so ya can't fault anyone for whatever success they find there.

I'm still holding onto hope that Murphy can parlay his run there into something tangible on the "real" roster someday.

Dream is an interesting case. He SEEMS like a guy Vince would value and find something for, but you never really know anymore. There's literally no rhyme or reason to their selection process anymore. Some of the most versatile performers are given nothing, some are given the shittiest material as some trial or test to overcome, and some are outright cast aside in favor of the same old shit.

Just now, SomethingSavage said:

Johnny Wrestling has 205 Live written all over him. That's hardly the worst fate in the world, but it's still practically WWE purgatory for the most part. It's a paying gig though, and so ya can't fault anyone for whatever success they find there.

As I'm catching up on iMPACT lately, I can see why someone like Austin Aries left. He's working as the big fish in the small pond, it's probably much more satisfying on a personnal level (and much mess stressful too ). Most guys who were big in NXT have been totally wasted in the main roster. A guy as small as Gargano has no chance in hell going further than mid-card at best in Main Roster WWE.

For someone like Gargano though, this was the wisest move to make. He's instantly elevated by this run in NXT alone. A solid run on the Network brings him higher value wherever he goes next.

He's practically guaranteed to look like a bigger star if he goes to iMPACT, back to PWG, onto ROH, or wherever next.

The (unlikely) alternative is that he makes big money on the main roster. But, either way, every bit of it was worth a shot for someone in his position. In that sense, the move's already successful for him.

10 minutes ago, SomethingSavage said:

He's practically guaranteed to look like a bigger star if he goes to iMPACT, back to PWG, onto ROH, or wherever next.

The (unlikely) alternative is that he makes big money on the main roster. But, either way, every bit of it was worth a shot for someone in his position. In that sense, the move's already successful for him.

Oh yes, definitely.

I'm surprised you all didn't like the beginning and close to RAW. I really enjoyed the opening a lot. No promo. Great old school Angle that really put heat on the Riott vs Nattie feud. I'm so fucking hyped for Facebreaker vs Armbreaker! Their first match was killer and think with Nia with this much heat will be great.

Sasha & Bayley have oodles of charisma but is not shining through. I did pop for Bayley saying Bliss is from Hell last week.

The Men's division is fucked. 50/50 booking on Drew McIntyre was fucking stupid. This one week push of Finn Balor to feed him to D-Mac is silly. It's too little too late. I like the move of turning Ziggler but they shot their wad and should have saved that match for next month.  Things like the Gold Medal for destroying Angle is a great old school spot but it needs to followed up and constantly brought up. This should be like Larry Z claiming he retired Bruno every fucking week.

Much better work from Ambrose still think it is a terrible evolution of the gimmick. The Rock of Gibraltar popped me. The watering down of The Shield was the first good explanation.  

Smackdown was great. No great sound bytes from The Man but the attitude was great.

the only two I'd ever chant Fight Forever for is Asuka vs Sonya Deville they could fight forever. 

Daniel Bryan has been reading a lot of the Shelleys. He even used "Sublime"! His transformation into an early nineteenth century Romanticism villian is complete! Weird medical device (hyperbaric chamber) that creates a transformation, mantras (fight for your dreams & they will fight for you) and being consumed by an obsession. This is textbook Romanticism and it is my favorite literary time period.

AJ Styles rules! AJ vs Miz was killer and match of the week.

im really looking forward to TLC!

On 12/8/2018 at 8:35 PM, NintendoLogic said:

I'm worried Dream has the kind of Dancin' Homer gimmick that'll die horribly on the main roster because it goes over Vince's head.

Yeah, people seem to think that Dream will automatically find success on the main roster and not realize Vince will probably look at him and think he's found the next R-Truth.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to WWE TV 12/03 - 12/09 Bolsonaro made me abandon my sports team