Pro Wrestling Only

PROJECT19

Grimmas

2 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

My pro real life injuries argument is, 1 it is easier to do, randomizing means making up a system, 2 it would feel weird using someone with current dates and times that is severely injured or died. 

I'm not going to die on this hill, but I prefer one for sure and those 2 reasons are my main reasons. Also see my post from a few seconds ago about giving time to deal with the injuries in game.

I would say people who are currently injured would be draftable, just not usable until they return. So you could draft Roman in the hopes he returns and then you get his big return angle. That is how I'd deal with someone currently injured.

Yeah, that's the thing. I'm happy with real life, if only to alleviate the headache a randomised system could cause. As for drafting (gambling on) unavailable workers, I actually think that's a great idea (hadn't even consider that).

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we have: 

WWE
WCW
ECW

NJPW
UWF

AAA

That's a pretty awesome set up. I think we could wait till anyone else joins up, and just have a few more people weight in on the injury argument and we could set a draft time up. Due to people working and stuff we should give people time to draft if need be.

2 minutes ago, ohheylook said:

READY TO DRAFT. 

We can just see where everyone is geographically and set a time limit on picks. 8-12 hours is fine, but if you do it more immediately, that’s great!

Yeah I think once someone drafts an 8 hour timer starts, if 8 hours pass and you miss your pick, you just pick as soon as you can, however the draft continues. We can start Wedneday, I guess?

I'm Eastern. Here is where we are: 

World Wrestling Entertainment
Owner: Vince McMahon
Booker: @ColdStone

Talent: Stephanie McMahon, Shane McMahon, & Triple H

World Championship Wrestling
Owner: Ted Turner
Booker: @Scarlet-Left

Extreme Championship Wrestling
Owner: Tommy Dreamer
Booker: @ohheylook

International Wrestling Council
Owner: Ron Skoler
Booker: Grimmas

New Japan Pro Wrestling
Owner: Bushiroad
Booker: @Captain Redneck

Universal Wrestling Federation
Owner: Yoshiaki Fujiwara
Booker: @superkix

I will update this as people give me the details. You get a logical owner (so WCW someone like the Rhodes family, so you get Cody, Goldust, Brandi or Eric Bischoff, or Turner). WWE is stuck with that, makes sense. NJPW could switch from Bushiroad to Inoki if wanted. ECW, I assume Heyman, but you let me know. After this I will make a draft list with a randomizer. I think each odd round random, even round a snake of the previous.

We need a final ruling on injuries, to create a random system, ignore everything, or use real life (with a grace period to fix your booking) and injured current wrestlers can be drafted just not used till they return in real life.

Then we'll start off Wednesday morning.

I've decided. International Wrestling Council with owner Ron Skoler. They ran the AAA shows in LA, so it will be a lucha libre promotion based in LA using luchadores and locals (just like they did with Jake Roberts, Tito Santana, etc..).

We'll say IWC was working with a lucha to send talent, but the talent liked the money and stuff of the USA and IWC stole everybody.

So, I guess we are good to draft whenever then? If we all agree injured folks are draftable you just can't use them until they return in real life?

I randomized and snaked the first ten rounds, here is the draft order: 

Round    
1 1 WWE
  2 WCW
  3 IWC
  4 NJPW
  5 ECW
  6 UWF
  7 UWF
  8 ECW
  9 NJPW
  10 IWC
  11 WCW
  12 WWE
  13 WWE
  14 UWF
  15 ECW
  16 NJPW
  17 IWC
  18 WCW
  19 WCW
  20 IWC
  21 NJPW
  22 ECW
  23 UWF
  24 WWE
  25 UWF
  26 NJPW
  27 ECW
  28 WCW
  29 IWC
  30 WWE
  31 WWE
  32 IWC
  33 WCW
  34 ECW
  35 NJPW
  36 UWF
  37 ECW
  38 UWF
  39 WCW
  40 IWC
  41 NJPW
  42 WWE
  43 WWE
  44 NJPW
  45 IWC
  46 WCW
  47 UWF
  48 ECW
  49 UWF
  50 NJPW
  51 WWE
  52 ECW
  53 IWC
  54 WCW
  55 WCW
  56 IWC
  57 ECW
  58 WWE
  59 NJPW
  60 UWF

I can start a draft thread and WWE can go whenever we are ready.

4 minutes ago, ohheylook said:

Haha the snaking each round is confusing but thanks for the chart! 

Random. Snake. Random. Snake! Yeah, it's confusing but the fairest way. I don't understand why most fantasy drafts are random round 1 then snake forever. Random every other, I say!

Yeah I meant to ask that same question also I went ahead and took my pick. I have no idea if we are starting now or later but my first pick has been made. 

I would say draft tag teams together as 1 pick makes it go faster and easier in my opinion. I did another project and a guy kept taking all the partners to everybody just because he could so teams were broken up from the start that should have never been broken up. I mean who wants to just write as Road Warrior Animal without Hawk for an example. So make them count as 1 pick to stop any of that before it happens.

The only argument to not do it is if we are keeping a cap. So since we agreed to no cap there really isn’t a reason to have them count as two picks. 

I would say that for the tag teams it has to be teams that tagged for a significant amount of time, and are known for being a tag team are the ones who can be drafted together. The rest we can break up.