Pro Wrestling Only

AWA ALL-STAR WRESTLING

kevinmcfl

The Hogan/Bad News segment just sold a ton of tickets to their upcoming title match. I'm loving this feud because Bad News is a serious threat.

Speaking of threats, both the Sheiks and Williams/Fernandez pose just that to the Road Warriors. 

Good Young Lions showcase as Nikita continues to look unbeatable. Gilbert however could very well sneak his way to winning the cup. 

Hart vs. Savage in a cage!!!! YES!!!!! 

Man I cant wait for that Denver card. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll echo everyone's sentiment; Bret vs Savage inside a cage will be absolutely epic. You've got an amazing cast in your main event & upper midcard picture that you can pretty much switch around and you'll sell out buildings in no time.

Bad News might be Hogan's biggest threat so far. A man who has no regard for the rules is always the most dangerous man around.

kevinmcfl

DENVER AUDITORIUM:  April 18th, 1984

1.      YOUNG LIONS TOURNAMENT:  Davey Boy Smith defeats Kendall Windham with help from Dynamite Kid

2.       YOUNG LIONS TOURNAMENT:  Marty Jannety defeats Bart Batten with a top rope drop kick

3.      Dynamite Kid & Jos Leduc defeated Bruce Hart & Jim Neidhart as Kid hit the top rope diving headbutt on Hart.

4.      Sgt. Slaughter defeats The Turk with the Cobra Clutch

5.      Nikita Koloff defeats Brad Rheingans with the Russian Sickle.  The interesting part here was that Nikita made his way to the ring as Slaughter was leaving the ring.  The two had to be separated by a whole heard of security.

6.      Bad News Allen defeated Crusher with the Ghetto Blaster in a pretty good brawl

7.       Dr. Death Steve Williams & Manny Fernandez defeats Bob Sweetan & Ox Baker when Fernandez hit a powerslam on Sweetan

8.      AWA NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH:  STEEL CAGE:  Bret Hart defeated Randy Savage as Curt Hennig and Rick Rude hid under the ring all evening and then came out during the match and Heenan’s Family triple teamed Savage in this NO DQ Match until Savage was a bloody mess.  As Savage was nearly unconscious, Hart locked in the Northern Lights Cloverleaf and the ref called for the bell.

9.      AWA WORLD TAG TITLE MATCH:  Road Warriors defeat the Sheiks as the Warriors hit the Doomsday Device on Patera

10.   AWA WORLD TITLE MARCH:  Hulk Hogan defeated Rick Rude with Bobby Heenan as Savage and Rick Martel stopped Hennig and Bret Hart from interfering and Hogan hit the Ax Bomber.

Big card in Denver! 

Young Lions continue to show their stuff.

Nikita and Slaughter are heading for an explosive showdown.

Bad News gets a strong win over Crusher as he gets ready for Hogan. 

Williams and Fernandez should be next in line for a title shot as they put down Ox and Sweetan. 

What a cage match! Rude and Hennig go Memphis and hide under the cage until the time is right and attack Savage to help Bret retain. 

Road Warriors defeat the red hot sheiks to retain and look dominant. 

Hogan retains against Rude. Clearly Savage and Martel have unfinished business with the Heenan Family as they fight off Bret and Hennig. 

Things are really building well here. 

23 hours ago, spaldoni said:

What a cage match! Rude and Hennig go Memphis and hide under the cage until the time is right and attack Savage to help Bret retai

Ok... you caught me stealing from my favorite 80's promotion.  I had just watched the Hair vs Hair Cage match between Lawler and Idol where Wildfire was under the ring.  Thought it was fun so I threw it in.

kevinmcfl

AWA ALL-STAR WRESTLING:  April 21, 1984:  WGN TV:  Sales Pavillion

Before we get to Rod Trongard we see a video clip from the Denver Auditorium where Randy Savage was attacked by the entire Heenan Family inside of a steel cage as Bret Hart retained the AWA North American Title. 

From coast to coast, continent to continent and border to border, we welcome you to AWA All-Star Wrestling coming to you from the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City, Utah.  I am Rod Trongard along with  Gene Okerlund.  Well folks, you just saw the disgusting act of Bobby Heenan and his fellow goons as they attacked Randy Savage. 

Gene Okerlund:  Let’s add to it by letting everyone know that Well  tried some questionable tactics later that same night as he summoned Curt Hennig and Bret Hart to the ring during Hulk Hogan’s title defense against Rick Rude. 

Rod Trongard:  Thank God Rick Martel and Randy Savage made the save there or we might be talking about Bobby Heenan’s Family holding both singles titles here in the AWA!

Hogan, Savage and Martel come to the interview desk and all are sick and tired of Heenan’s Family sticking their noses where they don’t belong and they hyped up that later tonight they will face Heenan’s men in a 6 Man Tag Match.    

COMMERCIAL 

MATCH: YOUNG LIONS TOURNAMENT

Davey Boy Smith with Jos Leduc vs Keiji Mutoh

Davey Boy Smith defeats Keiji Mutoh with a powerslam following some interference from Luduc.  As Smith and Leduc celebrated, Mutoh recovered enough to spray the mysterious green mist into the eyes of Leduc before getting with a Superkick to DBS.  Mutoh lost the match but left the Commonwealth Connection sprawled all over the floor.

(Once again, Mutoh’s martial arts and aerial tactics wow the crowd!)

MATCH:

Eddie Gilbert with Baby Doll defeats Ricky Vaughn with the Hot Shot

Baby Doll and Gilbert continue to strut around bragging about how they are the Hottest Couple in all of wrestling and soon Gilbert will be the Young Lion of the Year!   

STANDINGS:

Eddie Gilbert                     3-0:  6 Points                                    Bart Batten:                      0-4:  0 Points

Nikita Koloff                      2-0:  4 Points                                    Marty Jannety                   1-2:  2 Points

Davey Boy Smith              3-0:  4 Points                                    Kendall Windham             1-1:  2 Points

Keiji Mutoh                        2-1:  4 Points                                    Ricky Vaughn                     0-4:  O Points

COMMERCIAL

MATCH:  The Shieks destroy The Lumberjacks as Blackwell hits the Airplane Spin on LJ #1 and then follows it up with the Big Splash.

As the Sheiks are getting their hands raised, Dr. Death and Many Fernandez hit the ring and the brawl is on.  While this is a bit of a heel move, the crowd seems to love it.  This one takes the locker room to break up and once the Sheiks have left the ring, Okerlund wants to hear from Dr. Death and Many Fernadez on what that was all about!

Dr. Death:  We have been saying for weeks that we deserve the World Title shots and that the Sheiks should move to the back on the line.  Tonight, we just wanted to prove to everyone around here that the Sheiks aint nothing!

Many Fernandez:  Sheiks… Road Warriors… Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith… It doesn’t matter to us.  We know we are the best team in All-Star Wrestling and deserve a World Title shot. 

Rod Trongard interrupts with a huge announcement that the Sheiks are fuming in the back and just went to Verne Gagne and demanded a tag match against Williams and Fernandez for this week in Calgary.

Dr. Death and the Ragin Bull smile as they know they could be moving up the ladder real quick!

MATCH:

Bruce Hart surprises Ciclon Negro with his speed and catches him in a roll up for the three count

In a quick interview, we find out it will be Bruce Hart vs Dynamite Kid for the AWA Light Heavyweight Title this week in Calgary in a 2-3 Falls Match!

COMMERCIAL

MATCH:  Bad News Allen crushes Verlon Biggs with Loaded Black Glove

At the interview desk, we see a video tape of how last week’s TV show ended when Allen attacked Hulk Hogan from behind and nailed him with that gloved right hand.  Gene Okerland holds no punches here as he blatanently asks Allen about the glove and if it is loaded?

Bad News:  Okerlund… you better watch your mouth.  I have told all you people around here that I am unbeatable.  Why would I put something in this glove?  I mean I have been knocking people out since I was in high school and it is going to feel so good to knock that chump Hogan out this week in Calgary and take the AWA World Title! 

MATCH:  Sweet Brown Sugar & Koko Ware defeat Bill White and Cal Hutchinson with a Double Dropkick

We get some confusion at the post match interview as Sugar & Ware were really being humble about their recent success when for no good reason at all the interview is interrupted by Bob Sweetan and Ox Baker.  When Okerlund let’s them know that they are not scheduled to be on tonight’s show, they don’t understand and wonder how that could be while two losers like Sugar and Ware are on TV week after week.  Sweetan and Baker continue with this line of thinking and even throw in some racial innuendos which set Sugar and Ware off.  We get some pushing and shoving but no major eruption occurs. 

COMMERCIAL

MATCH:  Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart vs Nicolai Volkoff

This one gets some serious attention from the fans.  Volkoff starts it off by coming out waving the Russian flag and asking the fans to stand as he sings the Russian National Anthem but that is quickly stopped as Neidhart rushes out to a loud ovation from the patriotic Canadian crowd and the brawl is under way.  We get about 6 minutes of back and forth action until Neidhart gets on a roll.  Just as he goes for the scoop slam, Nikita Koloff hits the ring.  Neidhart wasn’t ready for the attack but Sgt. Slaughter was and he was only seconds behind.  Slaughter catches Koloff from behind with a Cannon to the back of the head and Koloff stumbles through the middle ropes out onto the floor.  Even though the match ended without a winner, the crowd loves it as Neidhart and Sarge and in control of the ring.

COMMERCIAL

MAIN EVENT: 

Rick Martel, Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan vs The Heenan Family (Rude, Hennig, Bret Hart)

This one begins with a lot of finger pointing as Trongard recaps all that has been going on here.  From Savage defeating Heenan himself to Hennig leaving Rick Martel to face the Sheiks all by himself to the attack by Heenan’s men against Hogan. 

We get a few minutes for each person to wrestle from the top here but it soon breaks down into a wild bonzo-gonzo mess with all 6 men scattered over the arena.  As the ref completely looses control, Heenan comes in as Hogan and Rude are squared off in the center of the ring as cracks Hogan with a chair to the back.  Hogan completely No Sells the chair shot and turns to Heenan.  Heenan nearly craps himself here as Hogan is about to take him out!

Rod Trongard:  Oh No… Not again!  Bad News Allen is in the ring.  Hogan with a Big Boot to Heenan. He turns just as Allen is about to hit with that black glove.  Hogan somehow blocks it!

WHAM… Allen nails Hogan with the Ghetto Blaster!  Even after Hogan first stopped the attack, Allen regrouped and crushed him anyway. Allen showing some amazing strength, scoops Hogan out and slams him over the top rope out onto the floor.

For the second week in a row, Allen gets the best of Hogan.  As the screen fades to black, Trongard wonders if Hogan can possible defeat Bad News this week in Calgary!

On 4/25/2019 at 4:08 PM, kevinmcfl said:

Ok... you caught me stealing from my favorite 80's promotion.  I had just watched the Hair vs Hair Cage match between Lawler and Idol where Wildfire was under the ring.  Thought it was fun so I threw it in.

LOL, all good. Tommy Rich has some funny stories about that match. Awesome stuff! 

Mutoh loses the match but spraying the mist gets him over. 

Hot Stuff is racking up some serious tournament points. 

Williams and Fernandez aren't playing around as they take it to the Sheiks and challenge all teams. 

Like the seeds planted for a Sugar/Ware-Ox/Sweetan feud. Those will be fun contrast of styles matches.

Anvil and Sarge stand tall as they get the best of the Russians tonight.

Wild 6 man tag as things go crazy. Bad News comes in and takes Hogan down! Bad News is one serious threat to Hogan. I cant wait for that collision. 

Gilbert better have one hell of a plan to get past Nikita, but he is certainly dominating the tournament so far. 

Loving the Heenan Family, but I can't help but feel like they need a real big guy to do the dirty work for them.

That 6 man could main event across the country!  I can just picture the look on Bobby's face when Hogan turned around after the chair shot! Good stuff!

Hogan vs Bad News is gonna be awesome. 

THE CORRAL:  CALGARY:  April 25, 1984

1.      Young Lions Tournament Match:  Marty Jannety vs Kendell Windham ends in a 10 minute draw

2.      Young Lions Tournament Match:  Ricky Vaughn defeats Bart Batten with the Superplex

3.      Jos Leduc defeats Keiji Mutoh after the ref was knocked down and Davey Boy Smith interfered allowing Leduc to put Mutoh into the Bearhug. 

4.      Sweet Brown Sugar & Koko Ware beat Bob Sweetan and Ox Baker when Koko escaped the double team and the action went bonzo gonzo with all 4 men in the ring and the fan favorites hit double top rope dropkicks on both opponents.

5.      AWA Light Heavyweight Title Match:  Dynamite Kid vs Bruce Hart: 

Dynamite Kid retains after a thrilling fast paced match that saw Kid lose his temper and hit Hart over the back with a chair giving Hart the DQ victory.  The crowd went wild thinking Hart was the new champ only to be left depressed when they were reminded of the rule.

6.      Rick Rude vs Randy Savage:  In a true war, we see Savage prevail with the Top Rope Elbow Drop.

7.      Nicolai Volkoff & Nikita Koloff vs Sgt. Slaughter & Jim “the Anvil” Neidhart: 

Think brawl with no boundaries and you would only begin to describe this one that ended in a DCO as both teams were more interested in hurting their opponents then winning the match.  Sarge and Nikita had a great exchange but nobody came out on top as the two just traded blows until Volkoff finally came over and took Sarge’s knees out from him

8.      AWA North American Title Match:  Bret Hart vs Rick Martel:

The Calgary crowd once again leaves wondering when the Heenan family will be forced to fight a fair fight.  Martel looked to be on the verge of victory until Curt Hennig got involved.  This distracted the ref long enough for Heenan to soak a towel with some ether and wrap it around Martel allowing for the easy pin for Hart.

9.      Dr. Death & Manny Fernandez vs The Sheiks (Blackwell & Patera) with Sheik Adnan-Al Kassie: The crowd was in awe of the power moves here in this match that saw Dr. Death hit the Oklahoma Stampede on Patera for the win.

10.   AWA WORLD TITLE MARCH:  Hulk Hogan vs  Bad News Allen: 

It was the worst night in wrestling history for the crowd… almost.  After a violent war that so no man give an inch.  The two men were battling in the corner when Hulk accidently shoved the ref.  As Hogan went to check on the ref, Bad News came up from behind and hit Hogan with the “loaded” black glove.  Hogan went down like a sack of potatoes and Allen covered him for the pin attempt.  As the ref staggered to his feet, he called for the bell!  Allen was jumping around the ring celebrating his World Championship win when all of a sudden, the announcer explains that the winner was indeed Bad News Allen but it was by DQ as Hogan shoved the ref.  The crowd remembered from earlier in the show that the belt does not transfer on a DQ.  Allen was as mad as ever and nailed Hogan with a few stomps to the head of Hogan before storming off with the AWA TITLE as Hogan was still out cold.

Young Lions continue to impress as everybody involved is looking to make a name for themselves. 

Sugar and Ware best Ox and Sweetan. As I mentioned, I love this match up. 

Dynamite retains via a DQ. Looks like Bruce will get a rematch.

Savage gets a bit of revenge as he downs Rude.

Fun hard hitting tag match between Anvil/Sarge and the Russians. A DCO guarantees the feud is far from over.

I could watch Bret/Martel matches forever. 

Williams and Fernandez get a HUGE win over the Sheiks.

Hogan and Bad News lived up to the hype as they put on a brawl. Smart booking as this feud seems to be just getting started. 

Great card with Savage/Rude and Hart/Martel being two of the big highlights for me.

However, perhaps the biggest win goes to Dr Death and Ragin' Bull who are going to be huge challengers for the Road Warriors....that match alone should do record business for All Star.

Great way to handle the Hogan/Bad News match...Hogan keeps the title but Bad News comes out looking strong and now Hogan will be chasing him to retrieve his stolen title belt.

kevinmcfl

AWA ALL-STAR WRESTLING:  April 28, 1984:  WGN TV:  Milwaukee Auditorium

Before we get to Rod Trongard we see a video clip from the Milwaukee where Bad News Allen knocks out Hulk Hogan for what seems like a pin and a new champ but the ref disqualifies Hogan for “bumping” him allowing Hogan to regain his title.  Allen was so mad that he stole the AWA title and walked away with Hogan’s belt.

From coast to coast, continent to continent and border to border, we welcome you to AWA All-Star Wrestling coming to you from the Milwaukee Auditorium.  I am Rod Trongard along with Gene Okerlund.  Well folks, you just saw what went down last week in the Corral in Calgary and joining us right now is Bad News Allen.    

Bad News Allen:  Listen up chumps...  Bad News is getting sick and tired of people up in that frozen icebox called Calgary stealing from him.  First it was Stu Hart stealing my North American title because those crybabies up there were upset that I didn’t care if the Mongolian Stomper’s brat kid died or not.  Now it was Verne Gagne paying off the ref to make sure I didn’t beat the face of his franchise, Choke Hogan! Well I am not standing for it anymore.  I will return this belt when someone in the AWA beats me and until then… Call me Champ!  And remember one thing… nobody has beat me in a long, long time.

Bad News storms off as Trongard and Okerlund wonder what Verne Gagne and Hulk Hogan are going to say about this. 

COMMERCIAL 

MATCH: YOUNG LIONS TOURNAMENT

Nikita Koloff with Uncle Nicolai crushed Kendell Windham with the Russian Sickle

Both Koloff and Volkoff spend their time at the interview desk bad mouthing Americans but really going at Sgt. Slaughter and Jim Neidhart.  The crowd chants U.S.A., U.S.A., but that only seems to anger the Russians more.  When Trongard tried to bring back the interview to the Young Lions Tournament, Koloff just laughed as Volkoff said Nikita is unstoppable in any match, never mind one against children!

MATCH:

Eddie Gilbert with Baby Doll defeats Marty Jannety with the Hot Shot following a low blow by Baby Doll as Gilbert distracted the referee.

Baby Doll and Gilbert continue to strut around bragging about how they are the Hottest Couple in all of wrestling and soon Gilbert will be the Young Lion of the Year! 

While it is still kind of early in the tournament, Trongard and Okerlund seem to think that Gilbert and Nikita are on a collision course and that the Perfect 10 may need to come up with a perfect plan for Gilbert to defeat the Russian Nightmare.

STANDINGS:

Eddie Gilbert                     4-0:  8 Points                                    Bart Batten:                      0-5:  0 Points

Nikita Koloff                      3-0:  6 Points                                    Marty Jannety                   1-3-1:  3 Points

Davey Boy Smith              3-0:  4 Points                                    Kendall Windham             1-2-1:  3 Points

Keiji Mutoh                        2-1:  4 Points                                    Ricky Vaughn                     1-4:  O Points

COMMERCIAL

MATCH:  Dr. Death & Manny Fernadez vs Baron Mikel Sicicluna & Swede Hansen

The interesting thing here is that it was Hansen and Sicicluna’s first time here in All-Star wrestling and they stopped by the interview desk on the their way to the ring and claimed that they were the new top team here in the AWA.  As the two veterans of wrestling headed to the ring, Trongard almost laughed as he knew these two were past their prime and that they were facing one on the toughest teams in all of wrestling.  Hansen and Sicicluna attacked before the bell and found out that was a big mistake!

Within two minutes the match was over as Fernandez hit the big Swede Hansen with a Raging Bull Power Slam for the win.  Dr. Death and Fernandez spent their time at the interview desk wanting a match with the Road Warriors.  This is the first time that someone has called out the Road Warriors that Gene Okerlund actually wondered if the Warriors would be the ones in trouble. 

MATCH:  Ciclon Nego vs Tim Thomas

Ciclon Negro brought got some serious heat as he went out of his way to injure young Tim Thomas with repeated Brainbusters.  The U.S. Olympian, Brad Rheingans rushed in to make the save.  Rheingans gave a quick, angry interview where he was sick and tired of these foreigners coming here like Ciclon Negro, The Turk, Nicolai Volkoff and Nikita Koloff trying to make a name for themselves at the expense of Americans.

WHAM!:  It took all of about 3 seconds for the Russians to attack.

Rheingans was taking a bad beating until Sgt. Slaughter and Jim Neidhart hit the scene and the brawl was back on.  The only thing that got this scene under control was a commercial break. 

In a quick interview, we find out it will be Bruce Hart vs Dynamite Kid for the AWA Light Heavyweight Title this week in Calgary in a 2-3 Falls Match!

COMMERCIAL

MATCH:  Jos Leduc defeats Ricky Vaughn by Submission with the Bearhug

Leduc has no time for a post-match interview but we hear him muttering how sick and tired he is of Verne Gagne and that he better watch his back. 

MATCH:  OX BAKER with BOB SWEETAN VS SWEET BROWN SUGAR with KOKO WARE

Sweet Brown Sugar gets the best of Ox in this one as he blocked the Heart Punch and hit Ox with a body slam.   Sugar quickly came off the top rope for a missile dropkikck and got the three. 

When the match ends, Koko quickly rushes into the ring to make sure that no other damage is done and the two teams stare each other down.   

COMMERCIAL

MATCH:  DAVEY BOY SMITH & DYNAMITE KID DEFEAT BRUCE & KEITH HART

While the feud is still pretty hot, this match makes you wonder if the Hart’s are going to be able to come out on top as Smith and Kid did a nice job of handling their business as they continued to get more and more aggressive.

After the match, we get one of those typical Gene Okerlund-Hulk Hogan interview where Hulkster is fuming about Bad News Allen stealing his title!  Verne Gagne comes out and assures Hogan that Bad News Allen will return the title next week or else there will be severe consequences but in the mean time, Hogan is to continue defending the Championship as if he had the belt and that includes his match this week against Ken Patera!

Gene Okerlund:  Well Hulkster, you can get a great scouting report on Ken Patera as he is in the ring right after this break.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH:  Ken Patera with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie destroys Tony Torres with the Swinging Full Nelson

Sheik Adnan Al Kassie:  Finally… Sheik Ken Patera os getting the respect that he deserves.  Finally, he gets the title shot he deserves.  Hulk Hogan… take a look at this man.  Unlike yours, his muscles are not for show.  Ken Patera is the strongest man in the world and he has the records to prove it.

Ken Patera:  You saw what just happened to Tony Torres.  Once I lock in the Swinging Full Nelson, I will snap your neck like a twig.  I am not going to yell and scream here like you do.  I am just warning you that if you have the nerve to step in the ring with me, you will spend the rest of your life in a wheelchair.

COMMERCIAL 

MAIN EVENT: 

Rick Martel vs Sheik Jerry Blackwell with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

A match of opposites that takes Martel some time to figure out how to deal with the big man from Stone Mountain, Georgia.  The problem was that Martel actually took the momentum and was able to spend a moment or two wrestling from the top.  This is when Sheik called to the back and all of Heenan’s family (Bret Hart, Rick Rude & Curt Hennig) hit the scene.  While the beat down was going on, Sheik and Heenan embraced outside the ring with huge grins on their faces as the screen fades to black.  

Bad News laying it down and I look forward to seeing someone try and take the belt from him.

The collision between Gilbert and Nikita is becoming inevitable, and Gilbert and Baby Doll better have a damn good plan, or else he is going to get his head ripped off like everyone else.

Speaking of collisions, Doc and Raging Bull against The Road Warriors is shaping up to be quite the war. Looking forward to seeing who walks away from that hard hitting hoss fest with the belts.

Adnan and Heenan are working together now? Oh Shit, that's a big problem for everyone in All-Star!!

Really loving Bad News here. 

Young Lions tourney continues to roll as Nikita and Hot Stuff seem to be heading towards a very interesting match up.

LOL, Swede and Baron do a quick promo to get some heat but the heat doesn't last long as Williams and Fernandez destroy them then call out the Road Warriors! 

Like the Ciclon match as he shows off some aggressiveness until Rheingans makes the save. Rheingans momentum is stopped by the Russians until Sarge and Anvil save the day. 

Leduc makes some threats towards Verne. 

Sugar gets a good win over Ox as this tag team feud looks to be continuing. 

Speaking of tag teams, Davey and Dynamite continue to gel well as they beat the Harts. 

Patera looks good as he heads into a title match with Hogan.

Fun TV main event between Blackwell and Martel until Sheik calls in the Heenan Family. Oh man a Sheik/Heenan alliance could take over the AWA! 

Bad News is on fire right now and one of the best heels in the game

The Young Lions tourney is such a great concept and really great way to feature the young talent without having to lump into the title picture before they are ready....Koloff is going to be a great monster heel for Hogan when the time is right.

The Bulldogs continue to quietly build a rep here....I look forward to an eventual showdown with the Warriors for the titles!

THE ROSEMONT HORIZON:  CHICAGO:  MAY 2, 1984

1.      Young Lions Tournament Match:  Keiji Mutoh defeats Bart Batten with the Moonsault

2.      Young Lions Tournament Match:  Nikita Koloff hits Marty Jannety with Russian Sickle for the win.

3.      Brad Rheingans defeats Ciclon Negro with the Cradle Suplex to get the patriotic juices flowing in the Rosemont.    

4.      AWA WORLD LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH:  Greg Gagne defeats Dynamite Kid by DQ when Jos Leduc stormed the ring and hit Gagne with a nasty powerslam.  Kid and Leduc continued the double team until Bruce Hart and Keith Hart came out and made the save. 

5.       Ox Baker & Bob Sweetan defeated Koko Ware and Sweet Brown Sugar when the action went bonzo gonzo and Sweetan pulled something out of his trunks and clocked Sugar and got the pin.

6.      Rick Rude vs Randy Savage:  In a true war, we see Savage prevail with the Top Rope Elbow Drop.

7.      Jim “The Anvil” & Sgt. Slaughter defeated Nicolai Volkoff & The Turk when Sgt. Slaughter reversed the Camel Clutch on Turk and hot a Cannon Lariat followed by the Cobra Clutch. 

8.      AWA North American Title Match:  Bret Hart vs Rick Martel ended in a 30 -minute draw

9.      AWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:  The Road Warriors Dr. Death & Manny Fernandez pounded each other from start to finish.  Unfortunately, the action spilled outside and neither team made it back to t ring before the 10 count.   

10.   AWA WORLD TITLE MARCH:  Hulk Hogan vs  Ken Patera with Sheik Adnan Al Kaissey saw a great test of strength here to start the match which ended with Patera hitting a low blow on the champ.  From here on out, it was all Patera.  Hogan had his usually comeback and the champ retained the title hitting the Ax Bomber for the victory.  This did not stop the Sheik from calling to the back to summon Jerry Blackwell.  The Sheiks now how there way with the champ until Randy Savage hit the ring and together with Hogan tossed the Sheiks out to the floor.  The night ended with a USA chant echoing through the Rosemont Horizon.

Oh, shit. I need that whole card. I don't even know what to pick out as a favorite. Hogan vs Patera sounds fun. Doc and the Bull against the Roadies? Yes, please. Both those Savage matches - did Macho really pull double duty? Rough night for him, fun night for us.

Looking forward to a Mutoh/Koloff meeting.