Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Worldwide Wrestling

Lee Casebolt

AWA Worldwide touring schedule for 5/13 through 5/18, 1984 - 

A Tour (5/13 Reading PA, 5/14 Staten Island NY, 5/15 Brooklyn NY, 5/17 Plymouth Meeting PA)

1. Jimmy Snuka defending the AWA International title vs. George Steele
  2. Bob Backlund vs. Pat Patterson
  3. Rocky Johnson defending the AWA/HBO Television title vs. Ray Stevens
  4. Killer Khan vs. SD Jones
  5. Dino Bravo vs. Kamala
  6. Killer Bs vs. Jose Luis Rivera & Jose Estrada
  7. Fleming & Horowitz vs. Grizzly Boone & Mike Sharp
  8. Richard Charland vs. Billy Two Eagles

B Tour (5/13 Bangor ME, 5/14 Manchester NH, 5/15 Framingham MA, 5/17 Johnstown PA)

1. The Wild Samoans defending the AWA International Tag Team titles vs. the Strongbows
  2. Magnum TA vs. Korstia Korchenko
  3. Superstar Billy Graham vs. Dave Morgan
  4. Rougeau Brothers vs. Shunji Takano & Yasuyuki Fujii
  5. Mr. Saito vs. Tim Horner (5/17 Mr. Saito replaced by Yoshiaki Yatsu)
  6. Jose Gonzales vs. John Quinn
  7. Pedro Morales & Johnny Rivera vs. Pierre Lafevbre & Sailor White

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(5/19/84) Home Box Office, in association with Titan Sports, presents, live from Paul Sauvé Arena, in Montréal, Quebec, Canada

saturday-nights-main-event-1989.jpg

Tonight's slate of professional wrestling action is sanctioned by the American Wrestling Association and the Quebec Athletic Commission.

1.       Promos by…

• Hulk Hogan – “Hulkamania is running wild on HBO and in Montreal tonight, brother! The AWA World Title is on the line, and no filthy, stinking Animal is going to take what belongs to the Hulkamaniacs! George Steele, whatcha gonna do when the 24 inch pythons and 24,000 fans run wild on you?”
  • Lou Albano w/ The Wild Samoans & Kamala – “Strongbows, this is your last chance! We’ve beaten you from pillar to post and back again! You can’t take these belts from the Wild Samoans! And Kamala’s gonna throw 19 people over that top rope tonight, daddy, and there ain’t nothin’ man nor beast nor Giant can do about that!”
  • Magnum TA & Rocky Johnson – “Freddie Blassie, I told you last week you shouldn’t stick your nose where it doesn’t belong. Ray Stevens, that goes for you, too! But you didn’t listen, and now you’ve brought me and Rocky together.”  “That’s right! And that’s a mistake you’re gonna regret. You couldn’t handle just one of us. You don’t have a chance against both of us!”
  • Bob Backlund w/ Arnold Skaaland – “James Snuka, it seems like you lost something! But I’ve got that belt right here, Mr. Snuka. Around my waist, where it belongs. Because I am a magnanimous man, I’m going to give you a chance to get it back. You’re welcome, Mr. Snuka!”
  • Jimmy Snuka – “Bob Backlund, you backstabbing thief! You stole a belt, but you didn’t win a title. The Superfly is gonna put you down, Backlund!”
  • The Rougeau Brothers – [in French, subtitled] “Road Warriors, everyone knows you’re the biggest, strongest, toughest team in wrestling. But you’re in our home town now, in front of thousands of the Canadian fans, and tonight the Rougeaus prove that being the biggest and the strongest doesn’t make you the best. It’s going to be a long trip home without those belts, Road Warriors.”
  • The Road Warriors w/ Paul Ellering – “The Road Warriors have always said, we will defend these belts anywhere against anyone, any time. Well the time is tonight, the place is here, and the Rougeaus are the lucky winners of this horrific beating. Tell ‘em, Hawk!” “Well! We are the Road Warriors. We snack on danger and we dine on death! And tonight, Ray Rougeau and his brother Arm and Hammer are the dinner guests!”

2.       Mark Fleming & Barry Horowitz def. “Iron” Mike Sharpe & Grizzly Boone when Horowitz pinned Boone with the ¾ Nelson cradle at 3:13

3.       Superstar Billy Graham w/ Freddie Blassie def. SD Jones with a bearhug at 4:51

4.       20 man battle royal won by Andre the Giant – also appearing Kamala, Killer Khan, Dino Bravo, Yoshiaki Yatsu,  Jose Gonzales, Brian Blair, Brutus Beefcake, Bernie Wright, Dave Morgan, Pierre Lafevbre, Sailor White, Richard Charland, Shunji Takano, Yasuyuki Fujii, Johnny Rivera, Pedro Morales, SD Jones, Pat Patterson, Rene Goulet

5.       Rocky Johnson & Magnum TA def. Ray Stevens & Korstia Korchenko w/ Freddie Blassie at 9:32 when Rocky put Korchenko out with a sleeper.

6.       Backstage, Andre and Hogan pass in the hallway. Brief speculation about a clash between those two. Offhand mention of Andre’s overseas commitments meaning he has to leave the building immediately due to tight travel schedule.

7.       Hulk Hogan © vs. George “The Animal” Steele (AWA World Heavyweight Title) – 12 minute version of the standard Hogan title defense. Hulk gets a little color from Steele biting his forehead.

8.       Jimmy Snuka © vs. Bob Backlund w/ Arnold Skaaland & Yoshiaki Yatsu (AWA International Heavyweight Title) ends in a DCO at 10:24; after the bell rings, Yatsu blindsides Snuka and joins Backlund in the beatdown. Billy Two Eagles comes down to even the odds, and the heels are chased off.

9.       The Wild Samoans Afa & Sika w/ Lou Albano © def. Jay & Jules Strongbow with a diving headbutt at 9:22 to defend the AWA International Tag Team titles. The Samoans just wreck the overmatched Strongbows. Postmatch, Albano gets on the stick to run down Canada in general and French Canadians in particular. After a few solid minutes of insults, the Rougeaus hit the ring in response, and Ray, Armand, Afa, and Sika brawl. The Rougeaus start to get the better of things, and Albano waves to the back. Kamala & Killer Khan come down the aisle to join the fray, and it’s a four-on-two beatdown of the Rougeaus. Dino Bravo follows, grabs a chair, and clears the ring.

10.   Road Warriors © def. Raymond & Armand Rougeau with the Doomsday Device at 5:32 to retain the AWA World Tag Team titles. The Rougeaus were in a bad way when the match started, and while they fought back gamely, the champs showed no mercy.

I love that you've been able to capture the spirit of Lutte Internationale and encapsulate it into the WWF mindset with AWA Worldwide. This certainly brought back some great childhood memories of the RL Road Warriors matches in Lutte. Who knows what the Rougeaus could've done  hadn't they been attacked by the Wild Samoans prior to the main event!

Full disclosure, I'd never seen a minute of Lutte before maybe a month ago, when I stumbled across three Garvins vs Rougeaus tag matches on youtube. Life changing. I had no idea the Rougeaus could have matches like that. When I got Montreal, I knew what I had to do. Glad to hear it's working.

To a lesser degree, the Rougeaus were pretty much the Von Erichs of the territory , except you didn't have to deal with an extremely protective promoter who had to make his boys look good every time. Rougeaus vs Garvins was the stuff of legends in the territory, still one of the most talked about rivalries in Montreal, at the same level than Bravo vs Martel.

Great showing here, I agree with Edger about how well you've capture both the feel of Lutte along with the WWF of this time period.

Star studded Battle Royal and of course the right man won, this would have been the talk of my school on Monday!

Nice win for Hogan over the Animal

The Samoans are being well established as champions, can't wait for their eventual showdown with the Warriors at some point!

Once again love the format as the promos really set the tone of the show. LOL, that Backlund promo was priceless. 

Fleming and Horowitz are quietly stacking up some wins. 

Andre in a battle royal always guarantees a huge crowd. The first WWF house show I ever went to was Andre winning a battle royal. Good times. 

Johnson and Magnum prove to have some great chemistry. 

What a moment with Andre and Hogan. Absolutely love the seeds planted here.

Hogan with a vintage title defense over the Animal.

The Backlund/Snuka feud kicks up a notch as Yoshi and Two Eagles are added to the equation. Great way to get these guys over.

Poor Rougeaus. The Samoans beat them down just before they have to wrestle the most devastating team in wrestling. Hopefully we get a rematch down the road.

Great job!  

Opening promo's were absolutely awesome again.

Horowitz and Fleming pick up another win, while the Superstar is quietly building himself back into contention.

Andre does what Andre does and wins the big battle royal and I can only assume the fans were loving it!

The Johnson/Magnum pairing is awesome, and they pick up a nice win to keep the momentum going.

Hulk vs Andre? Nah. Friends don't fight!!

The Animal takes a bit out of The Hulkster, but in the end Hulkamania runs wild on Steele!!

Backlund and Snuka still can't decide a winner, and now Yatsu and Two Eagles are along for the ride. Some tag team encounters will prolong the feud nicely.

The Samoans continue the dominance taking out Jules Strongbow and the fat man with ease! Then Albano pisses off the Rougeau's, and his whole stable beats them down.

Strongbow and The Rougeaus get beat up! Best Segment Ever!!

Then the Road Warriors beat up the Rougeaus! Love this show so much.

In all seriousness though, good stuff all around. Kinda feel like you are maybe building to Snuka vs Backlund in a cage, and if so, that will be amazing!!

AWA Worldwide touring schedule for 5/20 through 5/25, 1984 -

A Tour (5/20 Hartford CT, 5/21 New York City, 5/25 Pittsburgh PA)

1. Jimmy Snuka vs. George Steele
  2. Rougeau Brothers vs. Killer Khan & Kamala
  3. Rocky Johnson vs. Ray Stevens
  4. Superstar Billy Graham vs. Dave Morgan
  5. Killer Bs vs. the Strongbows
  6. Mark Fleming & Barry Horowitz vs. Grizzly Boone & Mike Sharp
  7. Jose Gonzales vs. Richard Charland

B Tour (5/20 Salisbury MD, 5/22 Butler PA, 5/23 New York City)

1. The Wild Samoans vs. Dino Bravo & Pat Patterson
  2. Magnum TA vs. Korstia Korchenko
  3. Bob Backlund vs. Bernie Wright
  4. Yoshiaki Yatsu vs. Tim Horner
  5. Pedro Morales & Johnny Rivera vs. Pierre Lafevbre & Sailor White
  6. Billy Two Eagles vs. John Quinn
  7. SD Jones & Rene Goulet vs Shunji Takano & Yasuyuki Fujii

Format is awesome!

Andre winning the Battle Royal is perfect and a Hogan-Andre Match is what the World is waiting for

Enjoy seeing the Montreal side not being ignored

Backlund-Snuka is a feud that is rightfully going to continue!

Road Warriors- Samoans?.... Could be fun

(5/26/84) Home Box Office, in association with Titan Sports, presents, live from the Civic Center in Baltimore, Maryland...

Tonight's slate of professional wrestling action is sanctioned by the American Wrestling Association and the Maryland State Athletic Commission.

1. Promos from...
    1. Freddie Blassie w/ the Killer Bs - "Fleming! Horowitz! You two no-name pencil necked geeks think you're gonna come to the big city and make a name off of my men? That's the kind of mistake that gets people hurt bad. Don't say you weren't warned!"
    2. Magnum TA w/ SD Jones & Pat Patterson - "Korchenko, you've got a brand new set of partners with you, but it's not gonna change the ending for you one bit. Grizzly Boone and Billy Graham can't protect you. Me and my good friends SD Jones and Pat Patterson are gonna put a whuppin' on all three of you jokers tonight!"
    3. Bob Backlund w/ Yoshiaki Yatsu & Arnold Skaaland - "Tonight I'd like to introduce the world to my colleague, Mr. Yoshiaki Yatsu, who has wisely chosen to place himself under my tutelage. And after he devastates some overmatched unfortunate, I will show him how one goes about becoming a champion here in Worldwide!"
    4. Jimmy Snuka - "You know, bruddah, the Superfly has learned that Bob Backlund cannot be trusted. That Bob Backlund will stab a man in the back and kick him while he's down. So you want to fight dirty, Backlund, well the Superfly can fight as dirty as any man!"
    5. Lou Albano w/ the Wild Samoans & Kamala - "Rougeaus, you pack of dummies! You shoulda kept quiet, stayed in the back, and you'da only taken one beating last week! But you couldn't do that, so ya took two! And tonight you take one more!"
    6. Rougeaus & Dino Bravo - "Last week, we had a chance at the world titles, but we've been in this sport our whole lives, and we know there are things more important than belts. So we fought for honor. And tonight we fight for revenge. And then, Samoans, we'll start hunting for your titles!"
  2. Yoshiaki Yatsu w/ Arnold Skaaland def. Jose Estrada at 4:22 with the Prison lock.
  3. Mark Fleming & Barry Horowitz def. the Killer Bs w/ Freddie Blassie when Fleming made Beefcake submit to the STF at 8:53.
  4. Jose “Invader” Gonzales def. Richard Charland with a sunset flip at 14:32.
  5. Magnum TA, SD Jones, & Pat Patterson def. Korstia Korchenko, Superstar Billy Graham, & Grizzly Boone w/ Freddie Blassie at 19:20 when Magnum TA pinned Boone with the belly to belly suplex.
  6. George Steele def. Jose Luis Rivera at 2:34 with a flying hammerlock.
  7. Jimmy Snuka © def. Bob Backlund w/ Arnold Skaaland by DQ at 8:15 to retain the AWA International Heavyweight Title. Backlund refused to release the crossface chickenwing when both men were in the ropes, and the referee was forced to call for the bell. Extra officials came in to separate the two, and had to physically restrain them to keep them from continuing to fight.
  8. Rocky Johnson © def. Ray Stevens w/ Freddie Blassie by submission with a Boston Crab at 10:35 to retain the AWA/HBO Television Title.
  9. The Wild Samoans & Kamala w/ Lou Albano and the Rougeau Brothers & Dino Bravo fought to a DCO at 10:25. After the bell, Sika hit a piledriver on Bravo after Afa had removed the floor mats. After the men were finally separated, Bravo had to be carried out on a stretcher.

Good television debut for Yatsu, showing off his skills and his submission finish.

Horowitz and Fleming over the B's!! WOW!

Magnum caps off a big 6 man tag by putting down the massive Grizzly Boone with the Belly to Belly to win it for his team. Good Stuff!

Animal Steele picks up a quick win to keep him in contention.

Snuka and Backlund with another indecisive finish, but a good one that makes Backlund looks a little more psychotic.

Rocky Johnson with a huge submission win over Ray Stevens to retain the Television title. Very impressive win for the champ.

Albano's team of savages decimate the Canadians, and Bravo is in a bad way after going headfirst into the concrete. Never liked Dino, so I love it!!

The promos once again set the tone for the show. These promos have really gotten the wrestlers over. 

Like the Yatsu/Backlund alliance. Yatsu could become something big here. 

WOW! Fleming and Horowitz prove they're not flukes as they get a huge win over the B's! Great story going here.

Cool seeing SD Jones get a rub by teaming  with Magnum and Patterson and getting the win. 

Johnson retains against the legendary Stevens, solidifying Johnson as a true champ.  

Backlund and Snuka's feud continues to elevate. This is going to be one money making headlining feud. 

Damn! The Samoans do a number on Bravo as he's stretchered out. Samoans will get tremendous heat from this. 

Great six man tag match with two of the most bizarre teams of all time yet somehow it works....lol...good stuff

the Main Event six man is great as well but the teams seem a bit more likely with Kamala and the Samoans against the Rougeaus and Dino Bravo.

Fun show from top to bottom!

AWA Worldwide touring schedule, 5-27 through 6-1, 1984 - 

A Tour (5/28 Wayne NJ, 5/30 Hamburg PA, 5/31 Montreal, 6/1 Rochester NY)

1. Jimmy Snuka vs. Ray Stevens
  2. (5/31 only) Andre the Giant wins 20 man battle royal. Also appearing – Afa, Sika, Bob Backlund, Magnum TA, Rocky Johnson, Yoshiaki Yatsu, Mark Fleming, Barry Horowitz, Pat Patterson, Pedro Morales, Johnny Rivera, Billy Two Eagles, Yasuyuki Fujii, Korstia Korchenko, Tim Horner, Bernie Wright, John Quinn, Brian Blair, and Brutus Beefcake
  3. Superstar Billy Graham vs. SD Jones
  4. Raymond & Armand Rougeau vs. Killer Khan & Kamala
  5. Pedro Morales & Johnny Rivera vs. Pierre Lafevbre & Sailor White
  6. George Steele vs. Rene Goulet
  7. Jose Gonzales vs. Shunji Takano
  8. Billy Robinson vs. Jose Luis Rivera

B Tour (5/27 Farrell PA, 5/29 Allentown PA, 5/30 Erie PA)

1. The Wild Samoans vs. Pedro Morales & Johnny Rivera
  2. Bob Backlund vs. Billy Two Eagles
  3. Magnum TA & Rocky Johnson vs. Killer Bs
  4. John Quinn vs. Jose Estrada
  5. Yoshiaki Yatsu vs. Tim Horner
  6. Mark Fleming & Barry Horowitz vs. Bernie Wright & Dave Morgan
  7. Pat Patterson vs. Mike Sharpe
  8. Korstia Korchenko vs local talent

(6/2/84) Home Box Office, in association with Titan Sports, presents, live from The Spectrum in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania...

Tonight's slate of professional wrestling action is sanctioned by the American Wrestling Association and the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission.

1. Promos from...
    1. Mark Fleming, Barry Horowitz, and Tim Horner - "We've heard all the people talking. We've heard what they say. We're just a bunch of young kids. Just some prelim guys who got lucky and picked up a couple wins." "That's right, that's what they say. But we know the truth. And the truth is we were trained by the very best this sport has to offer. We're young and we're tough and we're hungry." "We're so hungry that tonight, Freddie Blassie, we're gonna chew your three men right up!"
    2. Freddie Blassie w/ the Killer Bs and Ray Stevens - "I have had enough of these young punks! They come in here and get a fluke fall on TV and now they think they're something! Well they ain't nothin'! Nothing but a couple pencil necked geeks who got one more geek dumb enough to team with them! Fleming! Horowitz! Horner! You're gonna get a lesson tonight!"
    3. Rocky Johnson - "I took care of Blassie's man Ray Stevens. And now the AWA promoters and the HBO executives, they call up ol' Rock and they say Blassie's got a new challenger for me. Well, Billy Graham, you are a former champion and you are a superstar and no mistake. But you're former champion and I am a reigning champion and my man, that's just the way things are gonna stay."
    4. Bob Backlund w/ Arnold Skaaland and Yoshiaki Yatsu - "Snuka, you coward! You couldn't fight your own battles so you brought in this rookie, this helpless child to face me and the mighty Yatsu? You absolute ignoramus! Now your foolishness will get both you and him severely injured, and bring me one step closer to my rightful place... as champion!"
    5. Lou Albano w/Killer Khan, Kamala, and the Wild Samoans - "It's feeding time! It's time to shine! My four men here are a bunch of wild animals, and they're gonna be in a feeding frenzy! There's a bunch of French Canadians on the menu tonight! First Killer Khan, just for the appetizer, he's gonna bust up that Pat Patterson. Then, the main course! The Samoans and Kamala get another crack at those Rougeau boys. Hey Rougeaus, whatever happened to your pal Dino? I hear he didn't make it this week! Well, whatever convalescent home he ended up in, I hope he saved a couple seats, 'cause you're gonna end up there, too! Ha!"
    6. The Rougeau Brothers - "Albano, you made the worst mistake of your life. You laid up Dino Bravo, it's true, you and that pack of savages. But me and Armand, we called home. We said 'Dino's hurt and we're short a man. Who can you send?' And Papa Rougeau said don't worry boys, I know just the man." "That's right, and Papa Rougeau called me and said 'Jacques, your brothers need you!' and I said 'Papa, say no more'. The Rougeau Brothers are all together now, and there's no one who can stop us!"
  2. John Quinn & Billy Robinson def. Jose Estrada & Jose Luis Rivera when Billy Robinson pinned Jose Luis Rivera with a double arm suplex at 2:40.
  3. Killer Khan w/ Lou Albano pinned Pat Patterson at 7:44 after a knee drop off the second rope.
  4. Pedro Morales & Johnny Rivera and Pierre Lafevbre & Sailor White went to a time limit draw (20:00)
  5. Mark Fleming, Barry Horowitz, and Tim Horner def. the Killer Bs and Ray Stevens w/ Freddie Blassie at 7:45 when Fleming pinned Blair with a Thesz press.
  6. Andre the Giant def. Grizzly Boone & Mike Sharpe in a handicap match at 5:05 when Andre pinned Sharpe after an elbow drop.
  7. Magnum TA pinned George “The Animal” Steele at 7:56 with a belly to belly suplex.
  8. Rocky Johnson © def. Superstar Billy Graham at 7:44 with a backslide to retain AWA/HBO Television Title.
  9. Jimmy Snuka & Billy Two Eagles def. Bob Backlund & Yoshiaki Yatsu w/ Arnold Skaaland when Snuka pinned Yatsu with the Superfly splash at 6:46. 
  10. Jacques, Raymond, and Armand Rougeau def. The Wild Samoans & Kamala w/ Lou Albano when Jacques pinned Kamala with a cross body off the top rope at 12:04. The wrestlers continued to brawl after the bell, with the bloodied Rougeaus finally chasing off Albano's men.

I agree, your Backlund promos are my favorites. 

Man, Fleming, Horowitz and Horner are rolling as they pick up another big win over Blassie's men. 

Like that team of Quinn and Robinson. 

Andre shows his dominance over 2 men. 

Big win for Magnum as he takes Steele over with the belly to belly. Magnum's star is rapidly rising. 

Rocky retains over the Superstar. Blassie had a tough night. 

Snuka gets the fall in the tag match which must have infuriated Backlund LOL. 

The Rougeaus are together and united! They get the big win but the war is still raging with Albano's monsters. 

AWA Worldwide touring schedule, 6-3 through 6-8, 1984 - 

A Tour (6/3 New Haven CT, 6/4 Montreal, 6/6 Buffalo NY, 6/8 Troy NY)

1. Jimmy Snuka vs. Jesse Ventura
  2. Andre the Giant vs. Bart & Brad Batten (6/4 only)
  3. Rocky Johnson vs. Grizzly Boone
  4. Mark Fleming & Barry Horowitz vs. Bart & Brad Batten (6/6, 6/8 only)
  5. Superstar Billy Graham vs. Jose Gonzales
  6. Billy Two Eagles vs. Korstia Korchenko
  7. Tim Horner vs. Mike Sharpe
  8. Killer Bs vs. local talent
  9. Jose Luis Rivera & Jose Estrada vs. local talent

B Tour (6/3 Oswego NY, 6/4 South Yarmouth MA, 6/6 Old Westbury NY, 6/8 Milford PA)

1. Wild Samoans vs. Pedro Morales & Johnny Rivera
  2. Bob Backlund vs. Bernie Wright
  3. Magnum TA vs. George Steele
  4. Kamala & Killer Khan vs. Pat Patterson & Rene Goulet
  5. Rougeau Brothers vs. Billy Robinson, John Quinn, & Shunji Takano
  6. Yoshiaki Yatsu vs. SD Jones
  7. Pierre Lafevbre & Sailor White vs. local talent
  8. Dave Morgan vs. local talent

(6/9/84) Home Box Office, in association with Titan Sports, presents, live from The Capital Centre in Landover, Maryland...

Tonight's slate of professional wrestling action is sanctioned by the American Wrestling Association and the Maryland State Athletic Commission.

1. Promos from...
    1. Jesse Ventura w/ Freddie Blassie and Billy Graham - "That's right, The Body is back! Ladies, hold your applause. Gentlemen, keep your distance. Alongside the classy one, Freddie Blassie, and the Superstar Billy Graham, Jesse Ventura is here to shine under the bright lights... and Tim Horner, you're going to be looking up at the lights before I'm done with you, hot shot."
    2. Magnum TA - "Steele, they call you The Animal, and you're a wild one all right. But I've dealt with wild men my whole career, and Magnum TA is gonna put you down like a dog tonight!"
    3. Lou Albano w/ The Wild Samoans and Kamala - "Rougeaus! You got away with one last week. But now you're in for a fight the likes of which you little pretty boys have never seen before! No pinfalls! No disqualifications! Just a dirty, nasty fight... to first blood!"
    4. Bob Backlund w/ Arnold Skaaland - "James Snuka, don't walk around like you did something last week! Yes, you pinned Mr. Yatsu, but he is not yet a champion. I am a champion, and I am the man you cannot defeat. I am the man you cannot overcome. I am the man you cannot run from. I am the man! Who will replace you and return to my rightful place as champion of all I survey!"
    5. Jimmy Snuka - "Backlund! No one to help you this week, Backlund. No one to hide behind. No one to rescue you from me! Gonna put you down, Backlund! Gonna put you down for good!"
  2. SD Jones pinned Yasuyuki Fujii at 13:36 with a crossbody block.
  3. Pierre Lafevbre & Sailor White def. Bernie Wright & Dave Morgan at 13:34 when Lefebvre forced Morgan to submit to a modified stump puller.
  4. Jesse Ventura w/ Freddie Blassie def. Tim Horner by count out at 5:40.
  5. Billy Robinson & John Quinn went to a time limit draw with Mark Fleming & Barry Horowitz at 20:00. Fleming and Horowitz dominated early and the vets clearly didn’t take them seriously enough. Robinson and Quinn regrouped and used their veteran savvy (and some dirty tricks) to take back control. The tide turned again and Horowitz had Quinn caught with a ¾ nelson cradle when the time expired.
  6. Backstage footage of Magnum TA being attended to, blood streaming down his face. Doctors are telling him he cannot be medically cleared to compete tonight. Magnum argues to no avail. Meanwhile, security is dragging George Steele away while he yells incoherently. Back in the ring, the announcer informs an unhappy Maryland crowd that, due to a backstage incident, the scheduled Magnum TA vs George Steele match will not take place.
  7. Rocky Johnson pinned Superstar Billy Graham w/ Freddie Blassie at 6:00 with a small package. Graham had Johnson covered and thought he had the 3 count, but the referee pointed to Graham’s feet on the ropes and stopped his count. Johnson caught the pinning combination while Graham argued with the referee.
  8. The Rougeau Brothers def. The Wild Samoans & Kamala w/ Lou Albano in a “first blood” match at 13:10 when Raymond busted open Kamala by ramming his head into the post on the outside. It took another several minutes for security and officials to break up the brawl between all six men. 
  9. Bob Backlund w/ Arnold Skaaland def. Jimmy Snuka © by DQ at 9:38. A frustrated Backlund attempted to hit Snuka with a chair while the referee argued with Skaaland. Snuka took the chair from him and KO’d Backlund with it just as the official turned back to the action. Snuka retains the AWA International Heavyweight title.

Next week! AWA Worldwide returns to the one and only Madison Square Garden, where Bob Backlund will once more challenge Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka for the AWA International Heavyweight title... inside a steel cage! Don't you dare miss it!