Pro Wrestling Only

Big Cass incident at WrestlePro event

SirEdger

We first thought that Big Cass/CazXL had been able to work out his mental health issues but turns out that it unfortunately isn't the case, following this incident tonight at WrestlePro. I know that there are some conflicting reports about the whole situation (some said Cass was arrested; others not) and he was taken to a local hospital. I just hope he's gonna get the help he needs.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=129559

Long story short for those who don't wanna read the article: Cass was supposed to be a surprise entrant in a battle royal at the WrestlePro event. Cass confronted Joey Janela over something  and some guys had to step in. Cass later threatened to beat up the whole locker room over an allegedly stolen sweater and it got to the point where he got into it with WrestlePro owner Pat Buck (who incidently was working his last show with WrestlePro since he's now a WWE producer). It got to the point where Pat Buck punched and knocked down Big Cass and eventually, police officers removed Cass from the building.

The article mentions that Cass went to DDP for help and there's something that may be anecdotal yet still struck me as odd. A months ago, Cass did appear in one of the Motivational Mondays videos on the DDPY app, which is exactly what you think it is (positive thinking stuff, which I'm not a fan of but still watch from time to time when someone intriguing like Awesome Kong pops up). Anyway, so Cass did that thing, talking about battling depression (and how God had a plan for him and shit...). Only the video was removed a few weeks later and doesn't appear in the archive of M.M anymore. It's the *only* video that has been removed since I have the app. All the Stevie Richards stuff are still there, despite I believe a less than amicable departure. So, no idea what happened here, but it struck me as bizarre. So, I dunno if the guy is battling depression, but the fact he's acting like a complete asshole at this point should be obvious by now. He certainly should seek help though. 

I hope Cass gets the help he needs. Mental issues are never easy or pretty. It's easy to make jokes about cashmere sweaters and Joey Janela, but hopefully (most of) this board is above that sort of thing. 

The cynic in me first thought this was an angle between Janela and  Enzo-Cass for AEW, but with cops involved, being knocked out by a promoter (Pat Buck), and that picture of Cass sitting down outside in front of the police, that sadly doesn't appear to be the case.

2 hours ago, El-P said:

All the Stevie Richards stuff are still there, despite I believe a less than amicable departure. 

What's the story here?

11 minutes ago, C.S. said:

What's the story here?

Not sure, but Richards was a trainer at the DDPY Center for a while, then he pretty much vanished and launched his own training program, while not being mentionned ever again by DDP or Christina… All his workouts are still on the App though, since they are the properties of DDPY. As I said, the Cass video being removed is the only one I can think about.

32 minutes ago, El-P said:

Not sure, but Richards was a trainer at the DDPY Center for a while, then he pretty much vanished and launched his own training program, while not being mentionned ever again by DDP or Christina… All his workouts are still on the App though, since they are the properties of DDPY. As I said, the Cass video being removed is the only one I can think about.

Found this:

Anyway, I hope Cass gets better.

If he and Enzo were Jericho's mystery partners, I have to assume that's out the window now. 

1 minute ago, El-P said:

I don't think it was ever near the vicinity of any window to begin with.

I'm not so sure about that, but we'll never know now.

If the former LAX doesn't quietly get announced for the match, I wonder who the hell else it could be.

Regardless, Cass's mental health and well-being is far more important than AEW's plans (if he was ever in them to begin with, which is far from a sure thing, obviously). 

Its been a tough two years for Cass and I do hope that he reassesses and seeks outside help if needed. 

In terms of reassessing his priorities, I'd hope he think about whether the business of pro-wrestling is one that is suitable for a healthy, happy lifestyle. Obviously when you devote your life to a job, you don't want to abandon it and find a new career, but ultimately, sometimes that's what you need to do to be happy and healthy. 

I say this as someone who went into tremendous debt changing careers because I wasn't happy and knew that I would only grow more depressed and frustrated and stressed and withdrawn if I continued in the field I was in. I didn't want that to be my existence for myself or my wife (fiancee at the time), so, yeah, it was tough to take on that financial burden - but 12 years later, I don't regret it. 

BIg Cass is 7'0 feet tall. When in good health, he has a great look. He may not be headlining arena shows, but he could probably land on his feet playing Biker #3 or whatever in any number of Hollywood productions, film or TV, big or small. 

I really like Cass and I did see some potential in his last program. To see the guy having all those issues is completely fucked up, even moreso because the biggest victims of his actions is himself. Everyone else is doing fine and has moved on swiftly, but he seems to be stuck in the same place.

That is horrible. Hope he can get all the help and strenght he needs in this moments.

The scary part is the police took him to the hospital apparently based on things he was saying when they arrived on the scene. That normally only happens if they think the person is at risk of harming themselves. 

Oddly enough, Enzo and Janela were on another indy show the day before with no incident so Cass was fighting a battle he didn't need to.