NWA Powerrr

Coffey

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Along the same lines of something TTK mentioned: Terry Funk in the old ECW worked because he was like the only older Legend on the roster, so he stood out. That works with Tim Storm in NWA as well... but when you're bringing in George South & The Rock 'N Roll Express & what not, yeah.

It's the whole redhead in a room full of blondes analogy. If there's multiple redheads... 

Now, George South as a mouthpiece manager? I'd be all aboard that train. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I was really looking forward to the Crockett Cup.  I also miss watching Power every Tuesday. This totally sucks. I just hope the NWA doesn’t end up having to close up or something because of the extended layoff. I feel for the guys on the NWA roster too, I doubt they are getting paid right now and it’s not like they were making WWE or AEW money to begin with.

• 2 weeks later...

On Arn Anderson's podcast last week, they talked about The Revival.  The Revival have told anybody who listened in the past that they patterned themselves after Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard. Arn has always been very gracious about this and has stated in the past on his podcast that he thinks The Revival are better than he and Tully were.  Arn speaks very highly of their work and their work ethic.  He has talked about agenting a series of House Show matches between The Revival and Robert Roode and Chad Gable that were apparently given lots of time and were tearing the house down. Arn has claimed that he advocated for these two teams working against each other to Vince.

Anyhow, after The Revival were released, Conrad Thompson asked Arn what he thought about it.  Arn said he was very happy for them, and had known the day before it was announced that the release was coming because they had told him.  Conrad Thompson then said something very interesting.  He said that everybody was just automatically assuming that The Revival would end up in AEW, and that they probably would...but he also wouldn't be surprised if they also worked in the NWA.

Last night, Dave Lagana tweeted a question to the fans, asking if they could see any team past or present in the Crockett Cup (once it is rescheduled) which team would they choose?  Dash Wilder tweeted back to Dave Lagana "FTR."  Lagana replied with a Joey from Friends "How you doin?" gif.  Obviously this doesn't mean anything, but at the very least proves that on a periphery level The Revival and the NWA are on each other's radar.

If The Revival actually did show up in the NWA, even part time...I just might have a joygasm.

15 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

On Arn Anderson's podcast last week, they talked about The Revival.  The Revival have told anybody who listened in the past that they patterned themselves after Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard. Arn has always been very gracious about this and has stated in the past on his podcast that he thinks The Revival are better than he and Tully were.  Arn speaks very highly of their work and their work ethic.  He has talked about agenting a series of House Show matches between The Revival and Robert Roode and Chad Gable that were apparently given lots of time and were tearing the house down. Arn has claimed that he advocated for these two teams working against each other to Vince.

Anyhow, after The Revival were released, Conrad Thompson asked Arn what he thought about it.  Arn said he was very happy for them, and had known the day before it was announced that the release was coming because they had told him.  Conrad Thompson then said something very interesting.  He said that everybody was just automatically assuming that The Revival would end up in AEW, and that they probably would...but he also wouldn't be surprised if they also worked in the NWA.

Last night, Dave Lagana tweeted a question to the fans, asking if they could see any team past or present in the Crockett Cup (once it is rescheduled) which team would they choose?  Dash Wilder tweeted back to Dave Lagana "FTR."  Lagana replied with a Joey from Friends "How you doin?" gif.  Obviously this doesn't mean anything, but at the very least proves that on a periphery level The Revival and the NWA are on each other's radar.

If The Revival actually did show up in the NWA, even part time...I just might have a joygasm.

At the very least, I could easily see them making a stop in before they signed with AEW, even if just to be in the Crockett Cup.

The Revival should work for everybody . Why lock yourself in right after you escaped the clutches of VKM. These guys could work the Crockett Cup , work with the Briscoes in ROH , work with GOD in NJPW , do a few shots in MLW  , work a PWG show  and still work for AEW . After about six months , then sign with  AEW  .

The half-hour show they did tonight, focusing solely on Kamille, was pretty good. Show started with recapping all of the history of Kamille with Nick Aldis. Then she won a squash match. Then the show closed with a promo/vignette hype video going over her career in sports & then joining pro-wrestling culminating with her saying she's coming for all the women in NWA. Pretty good stuff. I feel like Kamille was already pretty over but this will go a good way in making her feel more special, which is welcome. 

Plus, if she wins the NWA Women's Championship from Thunder Rosa, which is not a foregone conclusion, they have the ready-made feud with Allysin Kay after Kamille speared her a couple weeks back. 

The women's division, which at one point I thought was easily the weakest part about NWA, has gotten better fairly quickly with Thunder Rosa winning the title & Kamille switching from valet to in-ring performer. Sets up some new, interesting match-ups. 

So like I said I binged-watched S2 during the confinement (why not give it a chance now that MLW fell off my radar) and really enjoyed it. Tons of improvement (and plenty room for more). And just watched the Kamille special, that was certainly super well done. Yeah, Kamille is a star and she looked terrific squashing that poor girl. Hopefully they wait until they can run in front of a crowd again, because the empty studio would not work at all.

Tim Storm was the guest on Sean Mooney's podcast this week, and obviously there is plenty of NWA talk.  Great episode. And as we discussed earlier in this thread, the interview Tim Storm does with Sean Mooney pretty much confirms that Storm is the most sincere, nicest guy in the history of Professional Wrestling.

So tonight at 6:05 PM, they’re showing that 90 minute episode which was supposed to air right before the pay-per-view. At the conclusion of the episode, there’s supposed to be an announcement about the NWA by Billy Corgan. I hope it’s about their plans to start taping again, and not bad news.

Ricky Morton in 2020 is still one of the best promo in the business. 

The issue with Stevens is that nothing he does in NWA is even half as smart of funny or good as Mizdow. He clearly struck me as someone who was *better* in WWE. I dunno what does that says about him or the way he's booked. That US Belt or whatever it is has been rendered useless immediately.

That ? Mark shit has jumped the shark last decade.

I really like Zicky Dice. So sleazy. Kind of a successful Jimmy Del Ray.

Every time I hear Tim Storm talk about Mama Storm, I think about that George Carlin routine and Tim Storm comes off as a total geek. And really, as much as I have enjoyed S2, this Mama Storm angle was the N°1 awful angle.

Storm vs Dane is quite boring really. The ref holding the Crockett cup so Storm could ram the other guy's head into it was so cringe ! Hey, chop exchanges and suplexes ! Strong style NWA of something. Dane is hitting the 0,01 grade on the Muta scale. Match got decent once they got in the ring. Still, this angle totally sucked and Storm is a 50 something old grandfather referring to himself as "Mama Storm's Baby Boy", and that's enough for me to want someone to slap the fuck out of him. 

May Valentine looks so trashy and plays the douchebag millennial influencer quite well. That gimmick is actually really good and relevant in 2020. No idea where this can go as far as in-ring stuff goes though. But, yeah, that was good stuff in S2.