Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite Week 4 - 10/23/19

Blehschmidt

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Private Party are fun and have tons of potential, but man they need to work on transitions and their striking. There’s a lot of awkwardness moving from move to move. And there have been some forearms in this match that wouldn’t take the fuzz off a dandelion. 

I finally get what people mean by “cosplay” wrestlers.

When I would see Kevin Sullivan back in the day, I’d think, “Yeah, that dude is part of some satanic cult or something.”  

When I see The Dark Order, I think, “Those guys are going to go home and play video games.”  

Oh shit! I wrote that before I knew their finisher is called “The Fatality”.  See. Video games. 

It is so nice to see top faces booked neither like quiet cowardly chumps nor like plucky but dumb goofs. And it's so nice to see the top heel getting outsmarted and showing ass once in a while. It's just basic wrestling booking but it feels so refreshing. 

26 minutes ago, MoS said:

Hopefully this means Dark Order will quietly go away and then get repackaged.

They just need to drop the goofy minions and work. They can easily be a fun mid card tag team just based on that (and how great is it that there's enough teams to have mid card tag teams?).

Another really good show. More focus on the wrestling this week with the nonstop wrestling in the first hour but I think the show peaked with the Cody vs. Inner Circle brawl. Otherwise, I thought everything was all right to good. Even the stuff that was dying got won over by the end which is a really good look for AEW, honestly. Not my favorite episode to be sure but TV's always going to be up and down. 

I liked how they sold the chance of a draw throughout the last 5 minutes, on commentary and in the arena. It made for a different change of pace, and allowed Mox to show his unhinged side by DDTing a ref, which genuinely came across as a good, major moment. Plus they shot a major angle after the show stopped airing which those watching on FITE could see, so I am guessing they wanted something to talk about on social media as well. 

Just got back from the show, wow was that a fun experience live. Since they don't stop for commercials it was way faster paced than being at a WWE TV taping. There were only two points they stopped, once was before the Cody promo where he was having fun messing with the crowd by getting them to chant different things then saying "you know we're in break, right?". The other was before the main event where Justin Roberts asked people to show off their signs and one was "Sorry about your dead birthday horse".

It's also funny how every time WWE is here for TV or PPV, I have to listen to Dave go on and on about how Pittsburgh is a bad, dead crowd. That certainly wasn't the case tonight, people were into every match and it really had the feel of an early 90s ECW show where the crowd feels "this is our show" instead of waiting for the next time the company fucks them over.

This show might have featured too much wrestling. All of it was good but nothing really sinked in. I liked the opener but Private party aren't great on defense and I'm not sure they know how to sell. Fenix continues to be one of the best wrestlers in the world. Dark Order tag started bad but got good towards the end. I feel bad for them cause they are good wrestlers but that gimmick is death. I loved the Jericho/Cody brawl. That's something that will set AEW apart from the rest. The show went by fast but man they have a lot of guys I still know hardly anything about or care about (Best friends, Janela, Orange Cassidy, SCU etc.) I guess this is because I only watch the tv and not the numerous youtube shows they air. I can't be the only one.