Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/02 - 12/08 DiCaprio is setting the world on fire!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, peachchaos said:

Just popping in to rant about how stupid it is to get rid of Daniel Bryan's hair and beard as a heat angle for Wyatt instead of as a blowoff to one of his great heel runs. That's it. That's the rant.

I'd bet Bryan could pull off an awesome heel loses hair match/throws temper tantrum/runs away to avoid head shaving/gets caught by faces and forced to have head shaved sequence.

Smackdown is such a chore to get through even on DVR. I did like the 4 way tag. Otis is getting over and Shorty G has replaced Cesaro as the best tag wrestler in WWE not named the Revival. Turning Lacey babyface is interesting but I guess that was to be expected after Saudimania. Roman/Corbin has run its course.

I don't know why they honestly waited so long to have Lacey Evans as a babyface. With her Marine background, that was a ready-made gimmick to put her as a babyface rather than the hell Sassy Southern Belle that didn't draw that much heat other than her program with Becky Lynch.

I tuned out 15 minutes before Smackdown ended. As soon as I saw Corbin arrive on his throne, I knew it was time for me to flip channels. I rarely have any wrestlers that turn me off as a fan but Corbin takes the cake. Every freaking time.

7 hours ago, SirEdger said:

I don't know why they honestly waited so long to have Lacey Evans as a babyface. With her Marine background, that was a ready-made gimmick to put her as a babyface rather than the hell Sassy Southern Belle that didn't draw that much heat other than her program with Becky Lynch.

I tuned out 15 minutes before Smackdown ended. As soon as I saw Corbin arrive on his throne, I knew it was time for me to flip channels. I rarely have any wrestlers that turn me off as a fan but Corbin takes the cake. Every freaking time.

If you tuned out when Corbin arrived, you missed out the fantastic angle where the nefarious heels dumped dog food on Roman Reigns, I mean that's Wrestlemania caliber stuff.

56 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

WTF is it with Vince and dog food?  Hasn't he done other angles in the past that featured dog food, I remember at least one or two.  Between that and his obsession with pee and poop jokes, it seems like this guy has the sense of humor of a 5th grader.

The British Bulldog/Ken Shamrock feud had a lot of dog food. Didn't a lot of older Southern promotions have heels force the babyface to eat dog food? This might have Bruce Prichard's fingerprints all over it.

It's definitely a southern territory tactic. They were in North Carolina, so it makes sense to do it there. I agree, it sounds like a Prichard idea. Big Dog, dog food. It fits. If Roman puts a choke collar on Corbin at TLC, the story has its perfect ending.

Corbin and Ziggler didn't put any of whatever mystery meat that was into Roman's mouth. They didn't slop the stuff completely over him, either. Enough to make the point, but he wasn't drenched. The act itself is visceral enough to make the crowd scream for their heads on a stake. And since we haven't seen it done in who knows when, it made an impact. Some will be OK with and others won't, but it got the desired reaction they wanted.

Vince and Heyman's fantasies come to life is another ball of wax, no argument there. Roman gets handcuffed with Alpo dumped on him, but Drake Maverick being spanked like a child over Elias' knee was more humiliating IMO.  

ACH is on some extra weird shit on his Twitter. 

@rovert mentioned some interesting things on his twitter that I think are worth mentioning. For as much shit WWE has done to their employees, ACH wasn't exactly thrown under the bus, to the point where his behavior after the whole T-shirt debacle may lead you to believe that the Fed wasn't the biggest issue?

35 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

For as much shit WWE has done to their employees, ACH wasn't exactly thrown under the bus, to the point where his behavior after the whole T-shirt debacle may lead you to believe that the Fed wasn't the biggest issue?

I kind of got the feeling that there were larger issues at play when ACH had his whole public meltdown over the infamous t-shirt.  His reaction didn't seem to be proportionate to the situation in my opinion, but I figured maybe there was either more stuff going on behind the scenes between him and WWE that we weren't privy to, and the shirt was just the straw that broke the camel's back, or he had other shit going on. 

As time went by and he continued to vent about...pretty much everything on Twitter I gave up on the "more stuff going on" theory, because he certainly didn't seem to have an issue airing all his dirty laundry in public. I don't know the man, and none of us can really know what is going on...but his conduct certainly seems to have all the signs of a full blown breakdown.  Or he's trying to work Twitter and make this part of some gimmick he plans on using in the Indies, which would be quite lame.  Either way, it is certainly sad.

I've been the first one to bust @rovert's balls here at PWO but full credit where it is due on this one...he is one of the few people who said from the beginning that there was more to this situation than meets the eye, only to be shouted down (on Twitter, not here at PWO that I know of) by "OMG WWE IS RACIST AND YOU'RE MAKING EXCUSES FOR THEM!"  I have no doubt that WWE does have some serious issues when it comes to racial sensitivity and even institutional racism, but I don't think that is necessarily the underlying issue in this particular case.

I don't know what to think about that situation.  Either he never really asked for his release and he was just fucking with everybody (possible), or he asked for his release and they gave him a better contract (less possible) or he asked for his release and he is just saying he re-upped just to screw with people (also possible.)  I am really hoping he got a new contract and that means we will be seeing more of him on NXT, both as a solo wrestler and his tag team with Danny Burch.

4 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

ACH is on some extra weird shit on his Twitter. 

@rovert mentioned some interesting things on his twitter that I think are worth mentioning. For as much shit WWE has done to their employees, ACH wasn't exactly thrown under the bus, to the point where his behavior after the whole T-shirt debacle may lead you to believe that the Fed wasn't the biggest issue?

I got blocked and banned by people for saying let's put ACH's health first before anointing him our (Twitter/social media's) new hero that was going to change the industry and bring about employee status for WWE wrestlers. I was called racist for saying that too no matter how many times I acknowledged WWE and the Pro Wrestling industry being clearly institutionally racist. Also, I was mocked for saying and thinking that ACH's initial videos where he was ranting with the curtains close were a concerning sign. A lot of fans hate WWE so much that they freely dismissed red flags out of hand.

I honestly don't know the terms of ACH's release but historically releases like ACH's come from talent not excepting help repeatedly. Look at the likes of Eddie Guerrero and Jeff Hardy in the early 00s for example. But that's not to imply ACH has substance issues by the way. It is a mental health issue and he has acknowledged he has suffered from depression and anxiety issues in the past. 

I won’t go into specifics for human decency reasons but the things happening off Twitter are even more disturbing than what has transpired on Twitter. His AAW and MLW bookings in the last week did not go well behind the scenes either.

Everyone hopes he gets help eventually and the sooner the better. It isn't a good situation at all. 

4 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

I don't know what to think about that situation.  Either he never really asked for his release and he was just fucking with everybody (possible), or he asked for his release and they gave him a better contract (less possible) or he asked for his release and he is just saying he re-upped just to screw with people (also possible.)  I am really hoping he got a new contract and that means we will be seeing more of him on NXT, both as a solo wrestler and his tag team with Danny Burch.

WWE kept promising Oney a 205 Live/main roster contract upgrade and never delivered on it for whatever reason. Oney internalised that as any human would when they feel unheard.

He never actually wanted to leave. Not a Jon Moxley. He loves the place, a lifer and will be a Performance Center coach after his in-ring career is over. 

4 minutes ago, rovert said:

WWE kept promising Oney a 205 Live/main roster contract upgrade and never delivered on it for whatever reason.

WWE's talent relations group is really an amazing collection of fuckery. There seems to be a million stories of "I was promised/told X, but it never happened and when I asked about it no one knew what I was talking about" floating around. 

And it's like not even evil empire fuckery, it's usually more like the "clown ass incompetence" kind. 

3 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Still thrilled it is the case because Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch are one helluva tag team when they work together.

YES!  Another Lorcan & Burch fan, I thought I was the only one!

Okay @SirEdger, it's you and me...the Quebec/Ontario connection.  All we have to do now is convince all other Pro Wrestling fans in the world and then WWE management to get behind Lorcan & Burch and give them a huge push, culminating in their winning the Raw, Smackdown and NXT Tag Team titles simultaneously in the Main Event of Wrestlemania.  I believe we can do this.

WWE released Luke Harper, and Sin Cara tweeted he got his release too. I suppose they have some kind of "you can go anywhere but AEW" provision attached, but it's interesting to see them letting folks go again. Maybe they realized keeping unhappy folks held hostage isn't good for morale.

Great news for professional wrestling fans. Get to see two talented individuals take their abilities elsewhere with a chance to show what WWE wouldn't allow them to show.

I actually didn't mind Hunico during his NXT run when he had Camacho as his bodyguard. I haven't ever really gotten into him as the next Sin Cara though. Would be cool to see him show up in MLW.

Luke Harper, going back to Brodie Lee, and working non-WWE promotions is just going to be all sorts of fun. I don't know where he'll go, maybe Japan, or AEW... hell maybe even Impact, but there's a lot of fresh match-ups that he could do that would be super fun. Lancer Archer Vs. Brodie Lee would be sweet. So would Ishii/Lee. I imagine he'll end up with the same sort of deal that Moxley has where he's doing both Japan and more. Obviously he's not going to get Moxley money but I do hope to see him pop-up a lot more now. He has size about him which is sorely lacking elsewhere too. Especially with WWE signing up Keith Lee, Walter & Dijakovic.