Pro Wrestling Only

The best 5 wrestlers in the US right now

anarchistxx

Actually, it looks kinda similar to a stupid idea I had once: "Bump suits". As in, a sort of padded armor type coverall outfit that took some of the pressure off the internal organs from bumping. I had all kinds of ideas for it: specially designed "skin" that would make a loud noise for chops, braced joints that would prevent an elbow or knee from being hyperextended, all kinds of goofy stuff. Then I realized it would cost thousands of dollars to make one of the damn things, and most wrestlers wouldn't want to wear one anyway because they'd think it made them look like a pussy.

But anyway, off the top of my head, my favorite 5:

1. Finlay

2. Danielson

3. Jerry Lynn

4. Hardyz (as a team, not singles)

5. Paul London

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry Lynn? Really?

That's so....weird. I saw 4 or 5 matches of his from TNA last year and he looked absolutely horrible. Still stringing together the same move sequences he was doing 8 years ago, and generally looked really bad execution-wise (really loose, sloppy headlocks into rope running), with his stuff looking even more overly choreographed than usual...

Is he super awesome on the indies or something? I mean, Finlay is also my personal favorite wrestler, which makes me hate Jerry Lynn's style even more. Just comparing the two workers' mat exchanges...it seems like one is an example of HOW to do things, while the other is an example of how NOT to do things...

Really confused,

Eric

Guest Spunk

I think it might be because MVP is black, too, FWIW.

Matt Sydal is white, so he can't be that bad. MVP, man, I don't know. His skin is a little off, isn't it?

Edit: Fucking Bix, you beat me by ONE minute.

Clearly, there is no place for flashy attire in wrestling.

MVP is black, it's different.

I'm a little worried that he still tacitly defended Liger earlier in the thread, though. These days, it seems foolish to be so hard on blacks while giving a pass to the Red Chinese peril. It's very short-sighted of him.

Jerry Lynn? Really?

That's so....weird. I saw 4 or 5 matches of his from TNA last year and he looked absolutely horrible. Still stringing together the same move sequences he was doing 8 years ago, and generally looked really bad execution-wise (really loose, sloppy headlocks into rope running), with his stuff looking even more overly choreographed than usual...

Is he super awesome on the indies or something? I mean, Finlay is also my personal favorite wrestler, which makes me hate Jerry Lynn's style even more. Just comparing the two workers' mat exchanges...it seems like one is an example of HOW to do things, while the other is an example of how NOT to do things...

Really confused,

Eric

Yes, I voted for him for indy matches, not his TNA work. In TNA, he does the same crap that all the other interchangable X division guys do in their 3-minute cookie cutter matches.

But on the non-smarky indies, allowed to do his own thing with no pressure from a micromanaging office or overly demanding fans, he's pretty damned good. I announced several matches featuring him in Nashville, and he would go in there with ordinary nobodies and have extraordinary matches. He even had a series with a local favorite prettyboy "metrosexual Ricky Morton" type called Arrick Andrews, and in every match they actually built on the stuff that went before. The finish of last week was a near-fall this week, the guy's injured arm from previous matches was referenced again, two different title changes happened in identical manners in two different triple threat matches but the roles were switched so the guy who lucked out last time got screwed this time, etc etc etc.

I'm a little worried that he still tacitly defended Liger earlier in the thread, though. These days, it seems foolish to be so hard on blacks while giving a pass to the Red Chinese peril. It's very short-sighted of him.

Yeah but the Japanese were on the right side in WWII

Yeah but the Japanese were on the right side in WWII

Chinese, Japanese, those slant eyes are all the same. Can't be trusted.

I find it hilarious that Phil Schneider comes running, every time there is so much of a whiff of the 'anarchistxx is a racist' discussion. Isn't this the entire reason you're on this forum in the first place? Surely you have better things to do with your time? Then again, maybe not.

You continue to amaze me.

I wonder which is more laughable - your desperation to get a rise out of me, or SLL's blatant bumming of Bix.

I wonder which is more laughable - your desperation to get a rise out of me, or SLL's blatant bumming of Bix.

You say that like you actually weren't expecting us to be conspiring.

Seriously, I would expect him to be aware of Jew Telepathy.

Not watched much recent ROH, and haven't watched TNA in ages.

How is comeback Jeff Jarrett?

James Storm done anything else besides the Texas Death Match?

Ooh. Any specific recommendations?

No specific reccomendations as I haven't watched enough FIP and really not seen much in the way of high end FIP. But point is I think your blaming Danielson for the audience. Danielson's full of himself heel schtick is nowhere near as "meta" as Sheeley's or Aries', its just the ROH audience that decides to treat it as meta schtick.

I'd also point out that the Edison crowd for Joe v Danielson genuinely disliked Danielson for his heeldom.

I mean NE audiences stink (I'm trying to remember who was in the tag match I saw in Philly where the row of people infront of me was incensed becuase the heel put a face in submission, " FUCK THESE GUYS SUCK.There is no reason for their ever to be rest holds in a tag match...the other guy should break it up. LEARN TOWRESTLE!!".."--- blameing a guy who is trying to work past the limitations of that shitty audience for their shitty reactions is wrong.

don't think he's that short, Phil. I've stood next to him on a few occasions and he's a legit 5'6 or 5'7 (I'm 6'4 BTW). But that is still short for WWE.

He was shorter than TAKA,Dick Togo and CIMA in a thair match together.

SHORTER THAN TAKA!!!!

So not Japanese junior short, but lucharesu Hamada rival short.

Melina and the Miz use his signature spots.

I like Sydal alot. And if he can get paid more in the WWE than he can get paid in the indies, more power to him. But if signed to WWE, don't see him doing much of anything there.

The talk about Sydal VS London earlier is interesting to me, because I've been watching a lot of London in ROH lately and I'd really forgotten how good he was. As much as I like Sydal I think I still prefer London at his best over Matt. These days though I'd probably put Sydal closer to my top 5 because of the different styles they wrestle... while I still enjoy London wrestling toned down, I do miss being able to see him going all out in ROH.

My top 5 in the US, and this is just based on personal preference, would go something like Necro Butcher, Bryan Danielson, Fit Finlay, Super Dragon, and William Regal. Super Dragon I haven't seen since he's returned from injury but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. If I had to sub him out though it'd probably be between Sydal and Generico for the 5th spot.