Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/13 - 01/19 Adam Sandler got snubbed and that hack fraud DiCaprio got in.

KawadaSmile

9 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Nic Cage is Hollywood Terry Funk. One of the best ever, with huge accomplishments and quotable moments, who elevated many schlocky joints because he's just that damn good.

YES, BUBBA.

I listen to a lot of film/movie podcasts, and I love anytime they dig deep into the philosophies of actors. Some of Cage's personal choices when immersing himself into roles are just fascinating. Not only does that translate to some bizarre, COMMANDING moments captured on screen - but it's just plain bonkers to hear how he arrives at some of his decisions. He literally creates motivations and life choices for roles that most wouldn't even think twice about. Fascinating.

9 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I'm all about a Horsemen of Rollins, Murphy, and. AOP.

Ehh, Horsemen?

Calling them JBL's Cabinet would be... Kind.

This feels like something on the level of Edge's Familia or Regal's Roundtable or the Corre.

If Rollins would man up and agree to lose a Hair Match in the end, then I'd *maybe* give them Jarrett's Southern Justice. But that feels like their ceiling. I cannot in good faith give them a higher ceiling than that.

I will say this in defense of this stable: I already like it more than the Undisputed Era. Faint praise, I know, but what has always bothered me about the UE is that they are almost all interchangeable in size and relative style. There's no brawler. There's no "young lion" (like Orton was to Triple H in Evolution) or grizzled mentor (like Flair was to Triple H in Evolution). Adam Cole is the leader, but unlike Rollins in this new stable, its not because he has more experience or is more accomplished than the others. Its hard to imagine Arn or Tully leading the Horsemen while Flair spent the 80s in tags, but its not all that difficult to envision Roderick Strong or Kyle O'Reill in Adam Cole's spot and Cole in theirs (Bobby Fish's mustache makes it impossible for me to take him seriously in singles, but the point still stands). 

So, I like that Akem and Rezar are the tag team muscle. I like that Buddy Murphy is that "next breakout star"/"young lion" and that Rollins is the establised leader because, for better or worse (okay, just worse), he is a top guy in the WWE and that means partnering up with him is a kayfabe wise move for the other 3.

3 hours ago, SomethingSavage said:

YES, BUBBA.

I listen to a lot of film/movie podcasts, and I love anytime they dig deep into the philosophies of actors. Some of Cage's personal choices when immersing himself into roles are just fascinating. Not only does that translate to some bizarre, COMMANDING moments captured on screen - but it's just plain bonkers to hear how he arrives at some of his decisions. He literally creates motivations and life choices for roles that most wouldn't even think twice about. Fascinating.

This feels like something on the level of Edge's Familia or Regal's Roundtable or the Corre.

If Rollins would man up and agree to lose a Hair Match in the end, then I'd *maybe* give them Jarrett's Southern Justice. But that feels like their ceiling. I cannot in good faith give them a higher ceiling than that.

Cage is incredible. There's a video of him talking about some of his more noteworthy roles and he knows his shit.

Also, Rollins' stable feels different, for all that it's worth. Not exactly the best thing ever, but I give them some points for trying something different.

It seems we're gonna get Kane vs Bray at a Saudi show which is absolutely fine and I hope it's a complete gimmick fest. Kane is old and Bray is old Bray. Gimme fake fire, brimstone, thunder and lightning. Go spooky.

Bray imitates some of OG Kane's characteristics much like out Culture Secretary quoted Goebbels!!!

The one positive about the fucking Saudi shows is that they never have anything I want to watch. 
I watch WWE and enjoy it way more than anyone who posts here.And yet not one match on any of these shows has made me want to watch them and have a dilemma that doesn't matter.  I watched the first one because my buddy wanted to hang out and watch it, and he regretted it as I yelled at the screen the whole time about politics and the filthy wealthy.

I like Rollins. I enjoy watching him wrestle,. I have no issue with his "in ring style". My problem with Rollins has always been character shit. He's a natural heel, that voice is a heel voice and I don't want to hear it giving babyface platitudes. "Reach for your dreams Rollins" stunk. After the Shield, his heel character was fine as the sell out to HHH, and gave us J and J Security, but it wasn't Main Event Heel yet.Rollins beating Brock twice gave him credibility as a top guy that he needs to be as a top heel.  This is Main Event heel stuff from him now, and yeah. He does work better with a supporting cast, which is in no way a criticism. Rollins as an Egomaniac leading a group of The AOP and Murphy totally works for me.