Pro Wrestling Only

Independent Wrestling.TV

Phil Schneider

I reviewed a War Games match from 2008 in AWS which was a so-cal indy fed.

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2020/06/monday-wargames-aws-total-war.html

It isn't particularly amazing or anything, but it does have a great Adam Pearce performance, and maybe the craziest single dive I have ever seen, Human Tornado does a flip plancha with tremendous distance and height while wearing a walking boot. Worth just fast forwarding the footage to that spot.

Great place to check out Xtremely Serious Wrestling, a New York comedy show that combines top comedy talent (including people who've been on the Chris Gethard show) with a lot of indie workers (Orange Cassidy and Tracy Williams to name two). I think a lot of people here would enjoy it, a lot of the satire really plays to dedicated fans. (And if you check it out and are curious, I'll let you know which character I play!)

I do wish IW.TV had a slightly more user friendly interface to move to specific matches - they've added so much content, but I don't really want to watch a lot of full shows, I'm usually looking to dive a bit deeper on a specific performer and that's not easy.

4 hours ago, C.S. said:

Is this a website, a YouTube or Dailymotion page, a paid streaming service, or what?

independentwrestling.tv

That's the URL - not sure why it won't link in this comment. Helluva lot of promotions.

Also, in my neck of the woods St. Louis Anarky just announced the field for the “Spirit of Spaulding” 24 person, 2 block round robin tournament that is starting soon with all shows going up. Names in the tournament include Gary Jay, Matt Fitchett, Davey Vega, Aaron Williams, AC Mack, Warhorse, Thomas Shire, Jeremy Wyatt, and Fred Yehi. Getting 11 matches from Yehi with a variety of opponents should be super fun.

Also, from my neck of the woods, you've got North Shore Pro Wrestling from Quebec City  (roughly 15 or 17 events uploaded so far) and almost the entire International Wrestling Syndicate from Montreal catalogue that is up so for those looking to discover the early days of Kevin Steen & El Generico, you'll be in luck!

We reviewed an awesome Paradigm Pro Show on Segunda Caida

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2020/07/paradigm-pro-wrestling-fighting-spirit.html

It is a UWFI style tournament which is my favorite non Yuki Ishikawa adjacent indy shootstyle show. There is a great superfight between Stephan Bonnar and Matthew Justice and a really great semi-final and final. Haven't heard this show get much pimping before, but it is dope

Do they rotate content or does what's up stay up on there? I remember early discussions on the Card Is Going To Change giving me the impression it was going to be the former, but that might have been when it was still Powerbomb.

For those that have both IWTV and HSN, how do they compare? I'm generally happy with my HSN subscription although navigating the god awful layout does get tiresome when I want to put something in quickly.

1 hour ago, Clayton Jones said:

Do they rotate content or does what's up stay up on there? I remember early discussions on the Card Is Going To Change giving me the impression it was going to be the former, but that might have been when it was still Powerbomb.

For those that have both IWTV and HSN, how do they compare? I'm generally happy with my HSN subscription although navigating the god awful layout does get tiresome when I want to put something in quickly.

What's up stays there.

I've used both HSN and IWTV, and I do think they both struggle with curation, the "so much content it's hard to make a choice" problem. I think IWTV solves that by having a livestream you can toss on if you can't decide. They've also got more current content, particularly in non-pandemic times.

Appreciate the feedback. That's exactly the problem with HSN, I have 3 or 4 confusingly redundant ways to search for certain content, but seemingly can rarely find what I'm actually looking for, let alone see at a glance an entire card before putting a show on. I think I'll make the switch for a while and see how I like it.