Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/13 - 07/19 Paul Verhoeven is now a visionary and really basic

KawadaSmile

9 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

And it's funny (and typical revisionist history WWE) that the main roster debut of Becky, Charlotte and Sasha is being celebrated as a milestone because I recall it being pretty underwhelming and the first few months being bungled with forced stables with stupid sounding namesĀ 

Team B.A.D isn't so bad, but Submission Sorority and PCPB were lol-worthy.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, DMJ said:

I know Owens has his detractors here, but I really wish he'd just find a way to up and quit or get out like Moxley did. He seems like a good enough dude that realizes how toxic the WWE is but just hasn't figured out his exit strategy even though he knows he'd do just fine back on the indies or AEW. Again, I know he's not super popular with everyone here and I'm far from a stan for the guy, but there was a point when he had aura and was interesting - he hasn't been a "must see" character in years, though.

I have no problems whatsoever with Kevin Owens the man. By all accounts, he seems like a really good dude & nice family man with some pretty good morals. I'm just not personally a fan of his in-ring style, but that's not a knock against him as it pertains to real life, outside-of-wrestling circumstances or anything. That's just a personal preference to knowing what I enjoy in wrestling.

Unlike, say, Seth Rollins, whom I'm not a fan of in-ring & seems like a cue ball outside of it as well, at least KO seems to have some sense.

You can tell at least, regardless of how I personally feel about his style - or that whole later 2000s ROH style in general - that KO was a huge pro-wrestling fan growing up.

There's an audience for that style. The AEW style. The Indieriffic style. The HBK/Taker false finish style. I don't even know what you call it - but when the match is worked around doing everything & kicking out of it all, it loses me. I know a lot of people, in example, love The Young Bucks. I've never "got" it. I guess I just like the more 1. storyline driven work and 2. plodding style I guess you call it? A good false finish is a great thing & can definitely lead to some awesome reactions but when they're expected, I think a match loses a lot of its charm & appeal.

I honestly think a lot of it is just some people, such as myself, never really outgrow the style that we grew up watching. Other people, such as Dave Meltzer or apparently Ricky Morton, can. I can still put on like 1992 WCW or 1994 WWF & be endlessly entertained even by the undercard. I can put on old Nitros & love matches featuring Wrath, Meng, Bigelow, etc. But modern WWE or AEW, they trot out like Dolph Ziggler, Best Friends or KO & I just can't make myself care. I don't have any emotional connection to any of them. I don't have any nostalgia to them. I don't have any intrigue to any of them, their characters or their angles. It just all feels like... killing time because they have time that needs filled. They don't draw me in & I don't know what's missing other than I've just gotten older & I'm stuck in my ways while they're appealing to a different demographic.Ā 

6 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Seth commanding a stable of pirates alongside Jean Pierre Lafitte and Paul Burchill just to feud against the Viking Raiders and Tozawa's ninjas. We only need cowboys in this mess.

Bart Gunn looks like he's still in good shape.

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

ļ»æ Imagine though how Roman must feel. Dude endured years of creative bungling and still happily plays the role of company man while at the same time having to keep his distance from said company, only to have Kevin fucking Owens come in and get WWE to start taking this shit seriously. Like you have to think he's having a 'why don't he want me, man?' moment wondering why the top guy not trusting his co workers to act responsibly wasn't motivation enough for the company to act.Ā 

Kudos to your Fresh Prince reference.Ā 

Seth is obviously being handcuffed by stupid scripts, we've all seen him on Twitter.Ā Ā 

3 hours ago, SirEdger said:

I haven't watched a single second of RAW tonight and I feel zero guilt about it. That's how fed up I am with the current direction on RAW.

Seth silliness aside, they remembered Shayna and Bianca exist and that was cool. The key is if Vince can be convinced that a woman doesn't have to be heavyset to be a monster heel, since Shanya is a natural fit in that role. Bianca and Ruby as a team makes me think somehow they found the random name generator WAR used for their six mans, but at least Bianca got the win so that at least was a positive.Ā  Bayley/Sasha vs Kabuki Warriors was once again a good match.Ā 

Ā