Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/13 - 07/19 Paul Verhoeven is now a visionary and really basic

KawadaSmile

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Seth is weird that this is easily the best he's been cast as a singles wrestler and is sometimes decent, but he still cannot be engaging.

My personal issue with Seth is that I don't, for a second, buy him as tough (I have the same issue with Miz).  Like, they're both bigger guys than me, but honestly, if I was at a bar and Seth wanted to fight me, I wouldn't be scared.  He might win (he'd probably win as I'm no badass for sure), but he doesn't come off as a threat.   To me, a good chickeshit heel can still be seen as a tough guy.  Tully and Gino Hernandez are good examples.  They can both fight with the best of them when it's called for, but would rather take shortcuts.  Seth just doesn't convey that.  I don't know if it's his real-life whining on twitter or maybe it's when he was the top face in the company and he cowered in fear at a dude in a scary mask, but I just don't see him being to beat up anyone.

And please don't take this as me saying every wrestler needs to be some big bruiser.  Mysterio exudes a toughness.  He's going to stay in the fight no matter how outsized he is.  Even someone like face Dakota Kai has that.  When they did the angle where Shayna was bullying her, she overcame her fear and fought back.  She looked tough doing that.  

Pro wrestling is simulated combat.  In my mind, I still need to buy that a given wrestler can "win a fight".  Like I said, that doesn't mean they all have to look like Lesnar or anything.  There are different ways a person can win a fight.  It's just that Seth (post-Shield) has never looked like that kind of person.

I don't expect the SWAMP MATCH to be any more or less ridiculous than any other Bray Wyatt match to be honest. Hell, after the amazing WTF-ery of the Cena match at Mania it might even be a let down. 

Eye for an eye just takes suspension of disbelief too far, and even if they get George Lucas to do the CGI it will still come off as extremely phony since no one is going to believe it's actually their eye being gouged. 

It does make me sad Vader isn't around to cut a promo on the both of them for being wimps, since he had his eye popped out at the start of a match and finished it anyway.

Tbf Lucas's vision would probably suck more than Vince's version 

As far as the swamp match, I really hope they don't use the Cena match as precedent for Wyatt's cinematic matches. Bray Wyatt becoming a meta YouTube channel dissecting pro wrestling history is really not what I want out of my main events. 

3 hours ago, MoS said:

We have talked a lot about eye for eye, but not a lot about how the SWAMP MATCH might be one of the most disastrous things ever 

I think it's a sad state of affairs when not even a Dungeon of Doom-like feud revolving around your Universal Champ gets any attention.

Braun needs Roman to be good, man. That sucks.