Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - August 12 2020

MoS

Plus it makes long term logical sense, it should make Tully sick to see Arn managing a Rhodes after all they've been through. 

I'm guessing the new Horsemen-type stable will end up being FTR, Spears, and ?....having Spears involved screams "guy getting turned on with the quickness" though. 

They do pull the trigger! And credit to Jericho, he made him look like a badass. The finish came out of nowhere, but I guess that was the idea. Would have been more amazing if Tony got to scream "WE'RE OUT OF TIME!!" but it was still excellent. 

I loved this show. There have been better matches but as far as loving basically every moment and making me excited for the next show goes, this is again one of the best shows they have done all year imo. 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Plus it makes long term logical sense, it should make Tully sick to see Arn managing a Rhodes after all they've been through. 

I'm guessing the new Horsemen-type stable will end up being FTR, Spears, and ?....having Spears involved screams "guy getting turned on with the quickness" though. 

Tully was great, as usual, but I marked out way more at the York Foundation shirt that Ricky Morton was wearing under his jacket.

12 hours ago, sek69 said:

JR is still really good when the match he's calling is in his wheelhouse. The Bucks vs Smash Bros in a PWG tribute match would be the opposite of that. Besides, "grumpy old man yelling at the clouds about tag rules" is basically his gimmick now.

Yeah, that one really could have used Excalibur.

18 minutes ago, Migs said:

Yeah, that one really could have used Excalibur.

In an ideal world Tony, Excalibur, and Taz would be the announce team and J.R. could have a weekly segment where he runs down the rankings and then gets a moment to give his opinion on something like Gordon Solie had on the Power Hour in '89

Glad they gave Cassidy the win but I still feel like they're going to do the third match at All Out with Tyson around. Dug the show but yeah, Jericho looked awful in the main and he needs a super-reduced schedule from now on. Let him talk and work a few PPV matches a year. I loved the FTR/RnR angle and I still think Cody goes with them, FTR and Spears with Cardona being the babyface that gets killed to establish them. I also popped for Ricky's York Foundation shirt and need one immediately. Other than that, I really hope this women's tag tournament gives the division a renewed focus because Shida isn't doing it for me as champ and Diamante and Ivelisse being the top heels sounds so much better as far as I'm concerned. I'm assuming one of those challenges Shida at All Out, unless they go with Brandi but Jesus, that's not a match I want to see. MJF and Moxley was a good segment but MJFs promo is leaning into worked-shoot shit too heavily at times; AEW have ridden that line of acknowledging reality around their wrestlers but cracks about "looking up at the lights" is still bullshit about guys having to put Moxley over, no matter how you dress it up.

1 hour ago, Stiva said:

AEW have ridden that line of acknowledging reality around their wrestlers but cracks about "looking up at the lights" is still bullshit about guys having to put Moxley over, no matter how you dress it up.

Honestly thought he meant Mox was deliberately wrestling jobbers but you might be right and yeah, worked shoots are terrible