Pro Wrestling Only

RIP "Bullet" Bob Armstrong

KawadaSmile

My first exposure to him was early 2000 on a showtime documentary about a local southern indy highlighted with him in a match against a weekend warrior called the flame. A few years ago I was doing a SMW rewatch, he was great in the authority role and was a good worker in his prime. Prayers to his family and friends, R.I.P. 

3 hours ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

My first exposure to him was early 2000 on a showtime documentary about a local southern indy highlighted with him in a match against a weekend warrior called the flame. A few years ago I was doing a SMW rewatch, he was great in the authority role and was a good worker in his prime. Prayers to his family and friends, R.I.P. 

That's the David Friedman/Fred Olen Ray made documentary. Known as Southern Discomfort or Alabama Outlaws or The Iron Sheik The Main Event. Under the Alabama Outlaws title it is streaming on Amazon Prime.

I first saw Bob Armstrong in 1975 . Bob had an epic feud with the Mongolian Stomper over the Southern title in Memphis. Bob won the Stomper feud and went on to battle the returning Jerry Lawler . Bob was so over in Memphis. Of course Lawler won the feud and Bob went on a work with Ron Fuller in Southeastern / Continental  for well over a decade. Just a great talent . Do yourself a favor and seek the Armstrong / Stomper matches. Rest in Peace , Bullet.

On 8/28/2020 at 2:00 PM, bobholly138 said:

That's the David Friedman/Fred Olen Ray made documentary. Known as Southern Discomfort or Alabama Outlaws or The Iron Sheik The Main Event. Under the Alabama Outlaws title it is streaming on Amazon Prime.

Thanks for the info, I haven't seen that documentary in a good min. MoS mentioned his promo work with Piper so I'm checking that out, is there any matches from his prime that I should seek? 

On 8/29/2020 at 10:08 PM, sek69 said:

Most of his best work would probably have been in Southeastern and I don't think much of that exists sadly. The most complete stuff I've seen would have been in the Continental era which would have been towards the end.

Bob worked Florida and Georgia for years . I don't if any of that footage exists . I have some Gulas / Welch footage, mainly matches against the Stomper.  Almost all of the Knoxville SECW footage was recorded over. There is early 80's Gulf Coast SECW footage that survived , but it is mostly low VQ . Like you said most of the surviving footage is from the mid and late 80's after Bob's weight lifting accident.