Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - November 11, 2020

MoS

Sammy Guevarra babyface turn incoming. You heard it here first (well, maybe not). Which is why he isn't hurt at all by the Matt Hardy loss. Feud with MJF incoming. BTW, "You homies are gonna dig it" kinda killed me, the way he said it was soooo perfectly funny.

Yeah, Scorpio Sky is also turning, this guy is going nowhere fast if he doesn't get some fresh stuff to do. Likewise Kazarian.

Brandi murdered that girl on promo, but Brandi has always been one of the best promos anywhere anyways. Still, that girl looks pretty awesome, if she can work or learn to work they got something. The celebrity thing, well, don't really care about it ('member that totally misfired Tyson angle ?)

The Bunkhouse match was terrific. Bunny was so good in it too, glad she gets featured more and more.

10 hours ago, sek69 said:

Tay :wub:

Yes. And probably she shouldn't turn straight heel, because she has that kind of adorable thing about her, despite the bad-ass background. Cool to see these girls (including Red Velvet) develop before our eyes. They are all very green, but you gotta start somewhere.

Loved the main event (although Fenix did looked banged up to me still) and Eddie is just the gift that keeps on giving, making fun of the chants, pushing Fenix outside the ring like a piece of garbage (oh yeah, let's have Fenix outshine everyone as a babyface soon and Penta be his vicious self). Pac coming back was the cherry on the cake, now they have yet another über-worker in the mix.

Loved Kenny Omega serious promo, that's indeed the guy from Japan. Interesting that they are gonna run the Mox match on TV, then again the PPV is far away.

7 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

I guess it was PAC being back which is cool. His feud with Kingston should be good. And I hope that main event leads to Fenix finally being a babyface like he should have been all along.

I knew it was coming, because of the video last week. But, I still marked a bit when Pac came out. It's a ready made program between King, Blade, and Bunkhouse Butch and the reformed Death Triangle, now that the feud between Moxley and King is done, and they look to have wrapped up the storyline with Allie and QT.  But, I'm a little bit worried that they'll screw it up by trying to be too cute and have Fenix side with Pac and Pentagon torn between his brother and his supposed best friend.

I'm really happy that they have something new ready for Kingston right after losing the title match. I was worried he would be made just another guy after that and the butcher and blade's loss earlier. And I feel like this is a great use of Pac as well. Overall I really enjoyed Dynamite this week.

In ring, this done nothing for me outside of the awesome Bunkhouse match. Dustin could work a great one of these in his sleep but the other three were great. Butcher flying into everything was fantastic and Blade’s willingness to bleed buckets was quite something. QT Marshall is so good though; nailed everything you would want out of someone in a match like this. It was almost Dustin-esque.

Brian Cage is clearly the least interesting of the duo even if Sydal is still fun. These interminable attempts at getting Spears over need to stop but a Sky/Spears team might actually make them bearable. I’m sure Pentagon/Fenix is for someone but it’s definitely not for me, even if I think Fenix is absolute money as a future top baby face.

The Cody segment was bizarre; they let Cargill speak for way too long, Brandi slipped into a completely different promo style and the Team Taz beat down all seemed very rushed. If the plan is Cody and Brandi vs Shaq and Cargill, then we’ll see what Cody is made of, I guess.

Glad PAC is back though; I might be in a minority of loving angry little bastard PAC but he feels really fresh after his enforced break.

5 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Brandi's promo was terrible and racial code switching at its worst. Great way to bury a new talent in Jade Cargill by giving her too long of a promo out of the gate, then have Brandi come in with that garbage.

I was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure how to say it as a white guy and not come off the wrong way. She went from being so prim and proper to sounding like Eddie Kingston. 

I was thinking more of her IRL presentation to be fair, but the tone switching was something that almost sounded forced and kind of distracted from what was a seriously great promo.

That aside, it was kind of WWE of them to expose a new talent like that on day one.  

On 11/12/2020 at 5:02 PM, sek69 said:

I was thinking more of her IRL presentation to be fair, but the tone switching was something that almost sounded forced and kind of distracted from what was a seriously great promo.

That aside, it was kind of WWE of them to expose a new talent like that on day one.  

I agree...it is like they made Jade cut a looong bad promo on purpose (or set her up like a rib) just to have Brandi "break the fourth wall" and call her out on it. Also felt like an ECW angle where an outsider is depicted as not having any promo skills or other ability and the fans want 911 to come out for the chokeslam. At least in ECW it would have been a one-shot.

Social media has been complaining about Shida's lack of angles and the women's division in general. So what does TK give us? A WCW Nitro angle with a basketball player involving Brandi and a baseball player's athletic wife.

Brandy's promo had passion and emotion. But, yes, her multiple personalities make my head hurt. Like you, I just don't feel comfortable discussing the "racial code switching". For example, she can get away with it. I find it amazing internet darling Eddie Kingston (Irish and Puerto Rican) can get away with what PN News, OG-13, and Johnny B Badd did.