Pro Wrestling Only

Bruce Mitchell Drama

MoS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MoS said:

Dylan had a really good line about it on Twitter and it got a genuine LOL out of me

Fucking savage, LOL.

On a serious note, I'm shocked no one is digging into Bruce's teaching career and looking for something.

Not that I would seriously advocate for that - I most definitely would not - but Twitter being Twitter and sleazy, slimy, scuzzy rasslin' fans being what they are, I'm surprised.

As for Mitchell making money from the Torch, who knows, but with his teaching career, I was always under the impression that the Torch was a side gig with very little or no money involved. 

2 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

The main takeaway from all this is that if the entire world except for Jonathan Snowden is telling you that your take is bad, it's not very likely that everyone else is wrong.

Jon Alba too, before the idiot admitted he only skimmed the article, and then erased all of his tweets about it.

The holidays are a hard time for people in general. Plus COVID/lockdowns have given rise to issues like mental health and substance abuse. Also, retiring can make you lose your purpose in life.

There have been red flags in Bruce's behaviour for about 2 years now also.

Pat McNeil has been with Torch for about the same length as Bruce has:

If Bruce needs help I hope accepts it. However, men and men of a certain age/generation are often too stubborn sadly. I hope he takes this weekend to clear his head and think about it.

I have had really severe depression issues for a long time, issues that have made me self-harm and attempt suicide, and I have shared these issues right here with the good PWO brothers. Depression is not an excuse to be an asshole to other people, especially those who are going through a tragedy. Depression does not preclude accountability. 

I hope Bruce gets all the help he needs, but, I also hope he recognizes the harm he has caused to others, and understands and acknowledges it. No one is above apology or making mistakes and fucking up. I hope he realizes that.

• 2 weeks later...

Before I get into this, I want to make it clear that I'm not defending Bruce Mitchell's article, which was lazy, sloppy, typo-ridden, irresponsible tabloid speculation at its worst - completely lacking in ethics and common sense - not to mention incredibly harmful and hurtful to an already grieving family for absolutely no reason.

With that said, we are only now finding out - many months later - that both Chris Jericho and Nick Jackson tested positive for Covid all the way back in September. I wonder if Bruce knew of that information ahead of time, assumed it was a cover-up, and that colored his opinions while writing about Brodie Lee.

Just to be clear, if Jericho and Nick Jackson let the locker room and anyone else they were around know about the diagnosis and then followed the proper protocols, that is all they needed to do IMO. As a fan, I do not in any way feel entitled to know a pro wrestler's private medical history. 

16 hours ago, C.S. said:

Before I get into this, I want to make it clear that I'm not defending Bruce Mitchell's article, which was lazy, sloppy, typo-ridden, irresponsible tabloid speculation at its worst - completely lacking in ethics and common sense - not to mention incredibly harmful and hurtful to an already grieving family for absolutely no reason.

With that said, we are only now finding out - many months later - that both Chris Jericho and Nick Jackson tested positive for Covid all the way back in September. I wonder if Bruce knew of that information ahead of time, assumed it was a cover-up, and that colored his opinions while writing about Brodie Lee.

Just to be clear, if Jericho and Nick Jackson let the locker room and anyone else they were around know about the diagnosis and then followed the proper protocols, that is all they needed to do IMO. As a fan, I do not in any way feel entitled to know a pro wrestler's private medical history. 

Maybe.

FWIW, this goes along with the announcement about Drew McIntyre that they could have used a kayfabed injury/ailment to take him off TV and pull out of the Royal Rumble match and not say it’s THE VIRUS DU JOUR, but there is need for information right now for public eye entities to be upfront about certain things.

FWIW, just came from a FB group where trolls pissed all over Michelle McCool announcing she has COVID with “OMG why do these people think we care if they get sick or not?” 

While yes, that is most likely trolling, but I’d imagine sentiments are going to go back to “are you really going to make a public statement when you get the the sniffles?” soon enough, but I’d imagine there is reason enough during a pandemic for those to be reminded that this is still a thing.