Pro Wrestling Only

Bruce Mitchell Drama

MoS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, MoS said:

Bruce Mitchell used this tragedy to write some awful, wile stuff insinuating how AEW and his wife are colluding to cover up.... something something covid. What an absolute shithead

Based on my long readership of The Torch (although not recently), I can safely call Bruce Mitchell the laziest writer on the planet.

Once a year, he will write something fantastic - the kind of stuff that has earned him a good reputation, above 99% of what else is out there for wrestling content. (Granted, not exactly the hardest hill to climb, but still...)

Every other week, it's lazy, low-effort, sarcastic, condescending, shit-post garbage. 

This sounds even worse - like a lawsuit waiting to happen. WTF was Keller thinking, allowing this to see publication?

Is it available on the regular Torch site, or locked behind the "VIP" paywall?

Edit: I found it. Reading now... 

37 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Based on my long readership of The Torch (although not recently), I can safely call Bruce Mitchell the laziest writer on the planet.

Once a year, he will write something fantastic - the kind of stuff that has earned him a good reputation, above 99% of what else is out there for wrestling content. (Granted, not exactly the hardest hill to climb, but still...)

Every other week, it's lazy, low-effort, sarcastic, condescending, shit-post garbage. 

This sounds even worse - like a lawsuit waiting to happen. WTF was Keller thinking, allowing this to see publication?

Is it available on the regular Torch site, or locked behind the "VIP" paywall?

Edit: I found it. Reading now...

I didn't want to link to it and give it more clicks, that piece of trash doesn't deserve it 

1 minute ago, MoS said:

I didn't want to link to it and give it more clicks, that piece of trash doesn't deserve it 

Good call. I'm erasing the link from my post. Please erase it from your quote.

Anyway, I just read it... Yep, absolutely fucking terrible. He's not wrong about the need for more transparency about Covid, but using that to launch wild conspiracy theories about Jon Huber's death is at best irresponsible and at worse libelous. Keller and Mitchell better have great lawyers. This is one time where trashy rasslin' "journalism" may actually have to pay the piper. 

Bruce Mitchell turned into Andy Rooney so gradually I didn't even notice. Holy shit, talk about talking loud and saying nothing.

And no, Bruce, COVID has not at this time "possibly mutated into something more deadly." There is absolutely no evidence to support that. You can't preach about "responsibility" and openness and spread a mistruth or outright falsehood like that.

Sorry for continuing to derail a thread about a better man than Bruce Mitchell ever will be. Carry on, folks.

22 minutes ago, MoS said:

Bruce Mitchell used this tragedy to write some awful, wile stuff insinuating how AEW and his wife are colluding to cover up.... something something covid. What an absolute shithead

It really doesn't even make sense timeline wise. He got hurt, we kind of knew what the injury was and then everyone went radio silent. That says to me he either got some sort of lung infection after surgery or they found cancer when dealing with the injury.

1 minute ago, PeteF3 said:

And no, Bruce, COVID has not at this time "possibly mutated into something more deadly."

To give him the benefit of the doubt (even though he has done nothing to deserve that), I assume he's referring to the new mutation in England that's more contagious but not more deadly.

24 minutes ago, MoS said:

Wow!  I saw someone tweet about that, not quoting Mitchell, to Conrad.

I tried to take him down by pointing out how criminally bad that would make her, AEW and the Mayo Clinic look if they failed to disclose if he had COVID.

With everything going on with regulations and infectious exposure contact tracing, now would very much NOT be the time to withhold that particular cause of death due to patient privacy. As well as the idea that cases need to go into the public record for research and public policy needs!

And never mind how much crap people like Justin Turner (mingling about the post World Series celebration despite being removed from the game after testing positive) get for being Typhoid Mary like self-super spreaders!

29 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Good call. I'm erasing the link from my post. Please erase it from your quote.

Anyway, I just read it... Yep, absolutely fucking terrible. He's not wrong about the need for more transparency about Covid, but using that to launch wild conspiracy theories about Jon Huber's death is at best irresponsible and at worse libelous. Keller and Mitchell better have great lawyers. This is one time where trashy rasslin' "journalism" may actually have to pay the piper. 

Done. Thanks.

None of what he wrote makes sense from a timeline perspective. It's just the worst time to write shit like this. Between him and the indy dude who decided to respond to days' old tweet about him getting stiffed TODAY, tagging Cornette and Last in his tweet for some reason, it's really sad how the tragic passing of one of wrestling's nicest personalities have brought forth some of wrestling's shittiest. 

Counterpoint to our old pal Snowden, when a college basketball player who recovered from COVID collapsed on the court and nearly died, to my knowledge there weren't any columns on ESPN.com asking of the player's family and the NCAA were secretly colluding to withhold information.  And the NCAA is probably just as scummy as the rasslin' business. 

I've never been a reader of the Torch but it's always been my understanding that Bruce was on the Dave/Wade level of journalistic integrity and I was shocked to see him write such sub CLICK 4 NEWZ level garbage

It's certainly natural to have questions whenever an athlete dies suddenly, particularly in an industry with a track record like pro wrestling. And widows of recently deceased wrestlers telling white lies to protect the business is hardly unprecedented. After Eddie Guerrero died, Vickie said his heart was enlarged because he was working out so much. But there's a big difference between asking reasonable questions in the wake of a tragedy and trying to shoehorn a tragedy into a preexisting agenda. Mitchell has been beating the "pro wrestling needs to be shut down during the pandemic" drum for months now, so he has an obvious incentive to want to tie Brodie's death to COVID. Engaging in speculation in the absence of either compelling evidence or specialized knowledge that would allow him to make inferences from lesser evidence ("I'm not a doctor") only serves to poison the well.

If Mitchell or any other wrestling pundit thinks there's more to the story, they are well within their rights to research and ask questions. Investigative journalism is built on that premise. But there's a difference between understandable curiosity and what Mitchell is doing. To come forward with this agenda not 24 hours afer Lee's passing is morbid, even for wrestling and only serves to upset everyone.

Saying that the parties involved aren't being transparent is a step below calling them liars. But Mitchell is seemingly dancing around directly saying that.

2 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

If Mitchell or any other wrestling pundit thinks there's more to the story, they are well within their rights to research and ask questions. Investigative journalism is built on that premise. But there's a difference between understandable curiosity and what Mitchell is doing. To come forward with this agenda not 24 hours afer Lee's passing is morbid, even for wrestling and only serves to upset everyone.

Saying that the parties involved aren't being transparent is a step below calling them liars. But Mitchell is seemingly dancing around directly saying that.

The Twitter user I retorted to used the “logic” of all the swipes AEW has taken at the WWE’s issues as reasoning to be all “hush hush”

Again though, due to all sorts of issues, both ethical and currently legal, research and public policy, reasons, you can’t be all quiet about it due to patient’s privacy issues.

”Why wasn’t AEW shut down”

”Who was told, who wasn’t notified that they were exposed”

”How did they get EVERYONE to stay quiet knowing they worked with someone with the virus” would be legit questions to ask.  

But considering where he was, Mayo Clinc, does suggest that there isn’t some big conspiracy to hide a major infectious super spreader that was in the AEW locker room.

More details have come - he was supposed to take a couple of weeks off after the dog collar match. He felt sick during then, esp after, as was mentioned earlier in the thread, he couldn't finish a workout on his bike. They kept it quiet, but Tony Khan and the EVPs knew. 

It's almost as if more details would have gradually come out and satisfying the curiosity of dumbass pro wrestling reporters was not his wife's priority when she made her post. Of course Bruce Mitchell has decided to double down on it instead of recognising he fucker up badly and apologising. And of course Jonathan Snowden has had a complete meltdown, including calls to fight people and pretending to be a tough guy. Pathetic behaviour and it's a shame that the passing of someone who was genuinely loved by everyone has given a bunch of ugly little shits to showcase their shittiness. 

Doubling down and being an asshole when presented with information that proves him wrong is kind of a Snowden trademark at this point. 

Anyway, Dave mentioned he expects AEW to do a lot this week on Dynamite to honor him. I wonder if they will just do an entire tribute show or if they will just have the "everyone on the stage for the 10 bell salute" deal and try to continue with whatever was originally planned. It would be kind of weird and possibly in bad taste to try to advance any angles in a show designed as a tribute.

2 hours ago, MoS said:

And of course Jonathan Snowden has had a complete meltdown, including calls to fight people and pretending to be a tough guy. Pathetic behaviour and it's a shame that the passing of someone who was genuinely loved by everyone has given a bunch of ugly little shits to showcase their shittiness. 

This dumb dipshit wrote a book called Shooters and now thinks he's one. :lol:

(This is neither here nor there, but the book was a total bore - I couldn't even finish it, and I managed to finish Mayor Kane.)

1 hour ago, Sweet Brown Koko said:

Bruce is doubling down on his bullshit. 

Just awful.

I am not one to say Wade Keller should "cancel" a 30-year friendship and business relationship, especially since Dave Meltzer worships Bruce and would probably scoop him up, but I'm not so sure that would be such a bad thing for Wade at this point (or a good thing for Dave).

I honestly don't know what the fuck Mitchell wants. Brodie's wife in the wake of the immediate tragedy gave a short summary of what happened. Now that there are some hours to process this awful tragedy, she has shared additional details. What the fuck does Mitchell want? A signed, sealed and certified death certificate that clearly states that COVID wasn't responsible for his death? That's pathetic and embarrassing. He should be extremely ashamed of himself right now. But I bet both his sorry ass and Snowden's pathetic ass will double down even more on their previous comments.