Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/29 - 04/04 It sucks to be Brazilian

KawadaSmile

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MoS said:

How in the name of fuck is Bayley not on Wrestlemania? She basically carried the promotion last year during those absolutely brutal empty arena Performance Center shows 

Just more WWE bullshit. Reward people that weren't around for the year over the people that carried it for the year.

13 hours ago, MoS said:

How in the name of fuck is Bayley not on Wrestlemania? She basically carried the promotion last year during those absolutely brutal empty arena Performance Center shows 

The fact that Reginald has more air time than Bayley lately is egregious.

They refuse to fully separate the women's tag scene from the singles' titles, so we have stories and wrestlers overlapping when it's unnecessary. I suppose it comes down to who they trust vs who they don't. It's clear who falls where. Though that doesn't explain not having Bayley booked for WrestleMania, along with a few others being on the sidelines when they can have good matches and cut solid promos.

Paul Heyman on Talking smack this week totally burying Natalya and Tamina and basically telling them to stop whining sure felt like a message to the women that are subtweeting about their lack of TV time on Twitter. I mean it was in character but still. I'm fine with Bayley not being on Mania since she's not in a feud right now and it would be sad to see her in the Nia division match featuring Reginald.

Tamina complaining about anything is kinda ironic considering the "talent" she has displayed over the years. The fact she's still employed is an anomaly in itself. Feels like some odd guilt trip/morbid fidelity from Vince toward her father, who has killed a woman and got a big-ass tribute when he finally died, never having been punished for his crime. I mean, I know I'm stretching things, but why would she be employed if not because "she's family" ? She's not as bad as Nia though (but who is ? Not many), so there's that.

I've long thought about that. Even nepotism has to be mutually beneficial, especially from a business standpoint. Dominik and Nia are easy to understand, Natty's a "good hand" (my arse), Sasha stands on her own now, but what does Vince get out of paying Jimmy Snuka's daughter a considerable amount of money each year.....I'm sure if the sleaze thread was still going, "Jimmy Snuka told Tamina bedtime stories about murdering Nancy Argentino, that's why she's employed by Vinnie today" would be on there.

Natalya is the veteran who can have solid-to-good matches with almost anyone. Her husband, Tyson Kidd, is a match producer and quite good at it. They have a wrestling school of sorts where several of the women go to get reps/more training during their down time. And don't forget how poorly WWE handled Tyson's broken neck from a few years ago. There are plenty of reasons for why Nattie is around.

Tamina seems to be a den mother of sorts for the women's locker room, going by what some have said in interviews. So she stays. Gets a couple of mini angles every year and collects her checks.

Yeah Tamina seems to be very well liked by the other women, and she seems like a generally nice person IRL as well. It kinda sucks that she gets her dad's past attached to her as if she was helping him cover up the murder as a 6 year old.

So it looks like Bea Priestley is WWE bound. She announced after her match at the Stardom PPV that it was her last match there. She's leaving Japan and didn't say anything about what US promotion she's headed to which everyone is assuming to mean the one you're not allowed to mention you're headed to (WWE). 

She said at the STARDOM press conference she has family in the UK and wants to spend more time with them. 

She had a WWE tryout in 2016. I always heard that WWE passed on her as she had surgery on a brain tumour a couple of years prior to that and that her health situation was fairly tenuous. But standards have since changed and Bea also has displayed more longevity than she was expected to have at the time.

She excels at working super stiff and sometimes actively dangerously so. Not sure how much that will work out in WWE and their more showy TV style.