Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Major League Wrestling

spaldoni

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to see Larry Zbyszko and Al Perez hold onto the titles. Great match, and a compelling post-match!

It's really fun to see the international title, with a cool match between El Canek and Yoshiaki Yatsu.

That eight-man cage match would've been amazing to see!

I loved the brutal visual of the assisted camel clutch on Jimmy Snuka. Carlos Colon looks so dangerous coming out of that one!

Tommy Rich is such a good heel champ, here! I can't wait to see who delivers his comeuppance!

The big brawl... wow... great stuff.

I am really enjoying the team of Larry Z and Al Perez. These two work in a way that makes me think the sky is the limit.

Mulligan leads an eclectic group to victory.  A bloody battle will set the crowd on fire.

Colon over Snuka looks to be interesting. The Death Match is Colon's deal and no one else can match him.

Jerry Jarrett now controls the AWA... which means... well we'll find out.

Tommy Rich... the man... one of my faves and he is on top of the AWA. Who is next in line... who can beat him... who can challenge him...

WrestleRock 87 is coming... can't wait!

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 2-25-87

167313698_tvlogo.jpg.3be55aedf01806447af1bd24ca0a963d.jpg

Def Leppard's Rock Rock Till You Drop plays as all the Big Brawl highlights are shown. 

Lance Russell: Hello everyone and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Well, Big Brawl is in the books and what an event that was. All the champions retained their titles and El Canek became the first AWA International champion. We'll be talking a lot more about Big Brawl throughout tonight's show. A lot of action set for tonight as Nick Busick defends the AWA TV title against Gama Singh. Dick Slater goes one on one with Greg Gagne. Before we get to the action, I want to bring out the man, who now has sole control over the AWA. I'm talking about Jerry Jarrett.

Cheers as Jarrett walks out waving to the fans. 

Lance: Jerry, your team won the 10 man elimination match and here you are standing tall. I understand you have some major announcements to make? 

Jarrett: Thank you Lance. I've said it before, it's a shame things had to go this far between Verne and myself. But, it is what it is and now I have an obligation to bring the fans the best wrestling action in the world. Starting next week, the AWA is going to have a different atmosphere. New ring logo and banners, along with a new ring color scheme. It's a new beginning for the AWA and there's plenty on tap for 1987. 

Mega boos as Greg Gagne storms out. 

Gagne: Oh look what we have here! Yea, you're a big man Jerry. You come out here riding high after being handed the very company my father built! You should be ashamed of yourself! This isn't over! My shoulders were never pinned and I never gave up. 

Lance: Well, hold on Greg. Your father did throw in the towel. 

Gagne: Shut up Lance! Everybody knows you're nothing but a bias Jarrett supporter. I'm pretty pissed off right now. Because of what went down at Big Brawl, Mike Graham has left the AWA. Not only that but Mike Rotunda called me up and said a wrestler of his status can't work in a Jarrett type environment. That's a shame! Rotunda was going to be a huge star in the AWA and Jarrett ruined everything. I want everybody to listen very closely. I have made it my mission to take out every single person who competed on Jerry Jackass's team at Big Brawl. It starts tonight with Dick Slater. Slater! You're notch one buddy! 

Gagne storms off.

Jarrett: Well, I can't blame him for being upset. Lance, why don't we get to some action. 

The Glamour Boys vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

sdoll.jpg.9546a5251ff01c4e4a0a2930b7489d4e.jpgsimpson.jpg.8a24c045e095a2272a24a2c3d5fa33bc.jpg

After a spectacular debut at Big Brawl, the Glamour Boys keep that momentum going. The fans are up and cheering when they hit their Wham Glam Thank-You Ma'am finisher! 

Doll and Simpson cut an energetic promo saying they're ready for all the AWA tag team competition! 

Commercial Break 

The Teamsters vs. Trent Watkins and Carl Kellerman 

huber.jpg.a8d1be29fc6f63c5b6aef9f6c591745b.jpgcharland.jpg.f9285405741e55c8e529a2262081f7e6.jpg

Teamsters are way overly aggressive tonight. Huber executes an airplane spin on Kellerman, stomps him several times, tags in Charland. Charland finishes things off with an inverted piledriver. Teamsters grab their sledgehammers and go to ringside.

Resnick: Ok Teamsters, everybody wants to know why you attacked Lightning Express at Big Brawl. I mean come on, what's with those sledgehammers? 

Huber: I can't believe you have to ask us that Resnick. It was beyond ridiculous that a weak team like the Lightning Express was given a National tag title shot in the first place. Not only that but the Teamsters weren't even on the card! That's an outrage! Well, I bet we have everybody's attention now, don't we! Lightning Express! You want more? Come and get it! 

Teamsters exit as Charland bumps Resnick.

Commercial Break

Blackjack Mulligan vs. Carney Lane

mulligan.jpg.e6f7ba08806e20257b27041096a7b850.jpg

Mulligan squashes his opponent and finishes him off with a diving back elbow smash. 

Resnick: Blackjack, you were involved in one of the most brutal cage matches I've ever seen. You and your team were victorious, and word is the Syndicate is no longer around. I know it must be satisfying to have finally put an end to that war. I do have some great news for you. You have earned an AWA world title shot. I would say you're having a great week.

Mulligan: Big Brawl was icing on the cake Ken. That was one of the most satisfying wins of my career. I had the right men on my side and we came out on top. As you know, the wrestling business keeps moving forward. Now that my war with the Syndicate is over, I'm coming after you Tommy Rich and I'm gunning for the world title! 

Commercial Break 

AWA TV Title Bout 

Nick Busick (C) vs. Gama Singh 

busick.jpg.de786178dd6ea45803150bf04ad2153c.jpggama.jpg.70375d753acb4193d4ddcd336cbd3028.jpg

Both men are coming off team victories at Big Brawl.

Gama attacks at the bell and punches away on Busick. Gama swings Busick to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Busick swings back and nearly decapitates Gama with a clothesline. Busick presses Gama over his head and throws him across the ring. Gama rolls out of the ring. Gama tries to stand but falls back down. Gama finally gets on the apron at the 8 count. Busick comes over but Gama rakes his eyes and snaps his head on the top rope. 

Gama enters the ring, picks up Busick and face rakes him across the top rope, then chokes him on the rope and flings him back. Gama grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Busick. Gama slams Busick, picks him up and hits a vertical suplex. Gama goes to the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Gama swings Busick to the ropes and clamps on the sleeper! Gama wrenches away but the fans try and fire Busick up. The Ref picks up Busick's arm and drops it. He does it again. The Ref drops it a 3rd time but Busick raises his arm and pumps his fist. Gama climbs on Busick's back for more leverage but Busick uses all his power, runs backwards and slams Gama into the turnbuckles. 

Busick goes to town on Gama in the corner with punches, stomps and kicks. Busick hip tosses Gama across the ring. Gama staggers up as Busick clotheslines him down. Busick swings Gama to the ropes and hits the Spinebuster Slam 1..2..3! 

BIG POP! The Ref hands Busick his TV title. Busick hops on the turnbuckles and raises it high. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Fans, ah, joining me now is Curtis Iaukea and Carlos Colon. Well, Carlos was victorious at Big Brawl over Jimmy Snuka and remains undefeated in the Caribbean Death Match.

colon2.jpg.a198ea6019feefabf0594e6232ab4a4d.jpgcurtis.jpg.d653a32aa2083b1bc8c32108b2dba9a2.jpg

Iaukea: Of course he was! Jimmy Snuka played with fire and Jimmy Snuka was severely burned! Is there anybody else who wants to get in the ring with Carlos Colon? There is nobody! 

Colon: That's right! After what I did to Ricky Steamboat! After what I did to Jimmy Snuka! Nobody will have the guts to face me! Nobody! Everybody knows the evil I can unleash. Steamboat wasn't man enough and Snuka wasn't man enough. They felt my wrath and they are no longer with us! 

Commercial Break 

Cabin Fever vs. Marc Miles and Jason Reeves 

boone.jpg.aa44af1a20fb06040babc66d7da137c4.jpgmanny.jpg.3f1884c6c4e32d74e23cfa99bf3cc939.jpg

Manny hits the flying burrito and Grizzly follows with the big splash for the win! 

Resnick: Ok, Cabin Fever come on over. Huge win at Big Brawl after you gave JT Southern a guitar shot heard around the world. It gets better, because you are now the number one contenders to the National tag team titles. 

Manny: Feels great Daddy! Southern and the RPMs are old news. Next up is regaining the National tag titles baby! 

Grizzly: We're coming after Zbyszko and Perez and we want our titles back! 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on Brenda Britton. 

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg

Britton: Hi everybody as you can see there's no Beauty Shop set today, thanks to that multi man brawl a couple weeks ago. But! Don't worry! Jerry Jarrett was out here talking about the AWA's new look. Well, great news! That new look includes the Beauty Shop! That's right, next week will be the unveiling of my new Beauty Shop. I can't wait! Now, I do have big news for you this week because as you all know, everything happens here. After that brawl, I felt I needed some security. So, I went out and found the best security the AWA's money can buy. Let me introduce to you, my new head of security, the Japanese Fury Yoshiaki Yatsu! 

yatsu.jpg.eee0c81f8953e57a754bd15ef334bc89.jpg

Yatsu comes out wearing a red robe with gold dragons on the back. He bows to Brenda. Brenda smiles and bows back. 

Britton: Ain't nobody going to mess with me or my shop now! Until next week toooodles! 

Commercial Break 

Ricardo Santana vs. Louis Cander 

santana.jpg.81ca168326f6f5af170c41492bb1b797.jpg

Santana is vicious as he works Cander's back. Santana hits a backbreaker and follows with a Boston Crab for the easy win. 

Santana cuts a promo and says he's going after that soft Nick Busick and is going to take the TV title! 

Commercial Break 

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley w/Nelson Royal vs. Todd Rooney 

cooley.jpg.ec861d99d7268e01c85d971b8a3ce7a9.jpgnelson.jpg.cde529f76f07a519af235193553ba247.jpg

Cooley comes to the ring with a rope and branding iron. 

Cooley hits the running bulldog for the win. Afterwards, Nelson throws Cooley his rope. Cooley ties up Rooney and brands him! 

Resnick: That was despicable! It was also despicable what the two of you did to Scorpio at Big Brawl. Broken arm? Yea right! 

Nelson: Whoa! Look here Resnick, you better watch what you're saying. My arm was broken! Wendell Cooley, being the stand up guy he is, stepped in for me. Hey, that dope Scorpio agreed to the match. I can't help it, if he's simply no match for Wendell.

Cooley: Hey, cowboys stick together. We're together now and the AWA as well as that sissy Scorpio better get used to it! 

Resnick: I'm disappointed in you Wendell. 

Nelson: Like the man just said, deal with it! 

Commercial Break 

"The Beast" Rip Morgan vs. Ray Glader 

rip.jpg.79204e93ea07378975a297575080f041.jpg

Morgan storms the ring, swinging his chain.

Morgan destroys his opponent and finishes him off with a big boot to the head! Morgan grabs his chain and goes to ringside where a very nervous Resnick is waiting.

Resnick: Please, just take it easy with that chain. I do have to ask, you interfered in the world title match at Big Brawl and costed Buzz Sawyer a chance at the title. Why did you do this? Was Tommy Rich behind all this? 

Morgan: You're a fool! I work for no one! I did it because I had to show Buzz Sawyer there's only one mad man in the AWA. One beast! That's me! Buzz Sawyer was my prey! I attacked and killed my prey! 

Morgan starts swinging the chain around as Resnick runs away. 

Commercial Break 

The Bruise Brothers vs. William Hillman and Paul Romero 

cameron.jpg.9a3062af92b41b9e4224044b78503c0e.jpgsnowman.jpg.8707a32a546277c3841293ff0d0c1573.jpg

The fans are on their feet as the Bruise Brothers over power their opponents. Snowman back drops Hillman, Hillman staggers up as Cameron puts him down with a running double axehandle to the back for the win! 

Resnick: Bruise Brothers, you and Nick Busick were the last men standing in that Big Brawl elimination match. You've got to be riding pretty high right now. 

Before they can speak, Jesse Barr and Norman Smiley come out.

smiley.jpg.fb71c564f354ff0801451e193f78b7db.jpgbarr.jpg.198a7c20bf65e7a0f793df63a71011b9.jpg

Smiley: Mr. Resnick, if you don't mind, I would like to say something. Very good. Jesse Barr and myself were selected to be on team Gagne for a reason. We said to ourselves, why not make something more of this. We are now a full time team, the Chosen Ones. And we formally challenge these two muscleheads to a tag team match. 

Barr: It takes a lot more than muscle to be a successful team. We've got the goods, do you have the guts? 

Snowman: We can assure you, we got the guts! 

Cameron: We gladly accept! 

Commercial Break 

"Unpredictable" Dick Slater vs. "The Great" Gagne

slater.jpg.32202cdf407453ca49175fa337c47e0f.jpggagne.jpg.085d8e429a64a34587adac4978766b0b.jpg

The bell rings, Gagne offers a handshake to Slater. Slater goes to shake it but instead kicks Gagne and body slams him. Slater picks up Gagne and rams his head on the top turnbuckle. Slater bounces Gagne's head 10 times on the turnbuckle. Gagne falls down. Slater swings off the ropes and baseball slides Gagne out of the ring. Slater goes to the outside, picks up Gagne and hurls him back in the ring. Slater climbs to the top turnbuckle. Gagne staggers up as Slater drops him with a double axehandle to the head. Slater picks up Gagne and hits a reverse neckbreaker. Slater picks up Gagne and hits a Russian Legsweep 1..2..3! WOW! 

Slater does his fighting walk around the ring, then exits. 

Gagne doesn't know what hit him. He lays there like he was run over by a truck. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: My goodness, Dick Slater just ran roughshod over Greg Gagne. Switching gears, at Big Brawl, Tommy Rich walked out with his world title. Please welcome out, along with Baby Doll, the AWA world champ Tommy "Wildfire" Rich. 

tommy.jpg.3df03030a01d7e69bfbf8ecf64dcb877.jpg2105483320_babydoll.jpg.7988824becd399ba1f2ff833033414d5.jpg

Thundering boos as they walk out. Tommy's head is bandaged up but he's smiling and holding up his world title. 

Baby Doll: Ken Resnick, you better show proper respect to the reigning and undisputed AWA world champion, Tommy Rich.

Resnick: Fair enough. Tommy, you are indeed still world champion. And it looks like Rip Morgan was acting on his own. 

Rich: What did Baby Doll just tell you? Damn! Resnick, you really are a moron, aint cha! Now, call it like it is. I beat Buzz Sawyer with ease and once again, successfully retained my AWA world title. Come on! Did you really think Buzz had a chance? Hell no, he didn't! Now, my only question is who's next? I'm kinda tired of beating up Buzz. 

Resnick: Well, I don't know if you heard but Blackjack Mulligan is now the number one contender and you will be defending the world title against him, in 2 weeks at the Dunn Center. 

Rich: (Laughs hysterically) Blackjack Mulligan? That washed up old timer? You mean, he ain't retired yet? I must say, this is pretty cruel of Jerry Jarrett to put Mulligan in the ring with me. Look, I'm a good sport and a fighting champion, so yea. I'll defend against Mulligan in his retirement match. Cuz there ain't no way he's still going to be wrestling after I get done with him. You know what? I've got a great idea for a new T-Shirt. Yea, I'll wear it next week. Resnick, Baby Doll and I have some more partying to do, so we're done boy! 

More boos as Tommy kisses his title and holds it up. 

Jarrett heralds the new age of the AWA but Greg Gagne could be the spammer in the works,

The Glamour Boys are quickly establishing themselves.

The Teamsters refuse to be overlooked again!

Mulligan vs Rich for the World Title? Bring it!

Singh brought it but Busick retains the TV title. Santana awaits however.

Honestly? I can but that people aren't exactly lining up to face Colon right now.

Cabin Fever are through messing around & want their belts back!

Britton seems proud of her new security.

I get a feeling that a lot of people are gonna have trouble dealing with Royal & Coolley.

Morgan claims he is the *only* Beast in the AWA! But i think Sawyer might have something to say about that.

The Chosen Ones hmm? Let's see what they've got.

Gagne's campaign to rid the AWA of team Jarrett is off to a horrible start!

Rich sends us off by being his usually....charming self.

Sorry to be  late to the party here but Big Brawl was action packed and really well done with some huge payoffs to some big feuds.

I am really enjoying what you are doing with Larry Z and like that him and Perez kept the belts.  I always hated Larry as in real life as I found him boring but then when I had him, it was kind of fun.  Hope you are enjoying him also.

I really enjoy your work with some people I am not very familiar with.  While Morrow didn't end up so well here, you have made him one of my favorites.  El Canek was a big star as far as I can tell but I never heard of him until I had him on my roster in another game but what you have done with him reminds me of Tiger Mask in real life.  A huge international star that the American fans are hooked on.

WOW... Carlos Colon... what could be next?

Team Jarrett?  Love it!  Does this mean Memphis becomes the Mecca of the AWA?  Jerry Lawler better have someone taking his phone calls.

Sawyer vs Rich.... this one is always fun and it is interesting to see everyone's take on it.  

Great card!!  

OH MY.... Wildfire vs Mulligan.... This is going to be awesome!

"Def Leppard's Rock Rock Till You Drop plays "... I can only imagine Lance Russell rocking out to this. :lol:

Great to see Bully Busick here in AWA and getting a little push. Was a little surprised how handily he disposed of the talented Gama Singh, but I don't question Nick's toughness. Was always a fan of his. 

Colon dominates the scene here talking about Steamer and Snuka. 

Yatsu as the head of security for Britton, I love it. You have a knack for pairings and giving people that little extra they need.

I like the team of Lethal Larry & Snowman.

I'm also a giant Ragin Bull fan, but I think he needs to find a more competent partner if he stands a chance against the likes of Larry Z and Perez.

Somebody say sumthin' bout Wildfire? And he's still talkin' bout Buzz Sawyer! What is next for Tommy?

A pleasure to read.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 3-4-87

awa2.jpg.f9782ae0c524d7a10c4fdd27cab51447.jpg

Cinderella's "Shake Me" plays as several AWA wrestlers are showcased. The AWA letters are shown on screen, then explode. 

The camera pans over the newly updated AWA arena.

ring.jpg.6685bd9c84c982000a5099741f977605.jpg 

Lance Russell: Hello fans and welcome to AWA Major League Wrestling. (laughs) Well, that was quite the introduction to Jerry Jarrett's new AWA vision. Jerry has promised to make the AWA the number one promotion in the world and by looking around, I would say he's off to a great start. Lot's of great action tonight as you will see Bob Armstrong, Kerry Brown, the British Bombers, Buzz Sawyer, Jerry Blackwell, National tag champs Larry Z and Al Perez will be here. So let's...

Boos as Gerry Morrow leads out his team of the Top Dollar Phils.

Morrow: Lance, you can not possibly kick off a new era in de AWA without my presence. As you can see, I'm here with my million dollar tag team, de Top Dollar Phils. 

Lance: Oh yea, I'm sorry the Glamour Boys spoiled your team's debut at Big Brawl. 

Morrow: You will not get under my skin. One leak does not sink de ship. Tonight, de Phils have a match with de Olympians. Tonight, we get back on track. I will win dat million dollar bet and will turn de Phils into champions. Olympians! Tonight, you fall! 

Morrow and the Phils exit. 

Lance: Well, we'll see how that goes. Let's get to the ring. 

Jerry "Crusher" Blackwell vs. Trent Watkins

blackwell.jpg.b38866d2536b43a560d8890a4449474f.jpg 

Blackwell gets the fans warmed up as he body slams Watkins, swings off the ropes and hits the splash for the win! 

Commercial Break 

The British Bombers vs. Ray Glader and Todd Rooney

smith.jpg.6377b3c6f4cf938ac07416c1e2170002.jpgtaylor.jpg.a981a145b2b50a2e73016e2aadfdd056.jpg 

Bombers are aggressive tonight and win the match when Smith clips Glader behind the knee as Taylor nails him with a running forearm blast! 

Resnick: Ok, after that impressive win, I'm now joined by the British Bombers. Next week, at the Dunn Center, you guys get a world tag team title shot. Are you ready for Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami? 

Smith: It's about bloody time we got a title shot! 

Taylor: Johnny Boy's right! This is long overdue! Tsuruta! Fujinami! Trust us, you won't be able to handle what we have coming next week! 

Commercial Break 

"The Master of Disaster" Kerry Brown vs. Warren Coolidge

kbrown.jpg.51d831f490b1d9753075cc03fd520aa6.jpg 

Kerry is all over his opponent, swings him to the ropes and hits a flying high knee for the win! 

Resnick: Kerry Brown, come on over. Right off the bat, I noticed you're going back to your Master of Disaster moniker. Why is that? 

Boooooos as Dream Machine storms out.

machine.png.e180c5330c37db45d22411e07c479f58.png

Dream: Master of Disaster? What a joke! You're nothing but a loser, babay! Roger Kirby had a great thing going with the Syndicate and you ruined everything! It was you who lost that match. And because of you, the Syndicate is no more. 

Kerry: Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! You were the dummy who used brass knuckles and we lost because of you and that dufus Kirby. I had things under control, until you knocked me out with the brass knuckles. The way I see it, is I owe you a beating! 

Dream: Anytime! Anyplace babay! 

Kerry: Right here! Next week! 

Dream: Good with me! But I don't want to hear any excuses when I put you down for good this time. 

Commercial Break 

"Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer vs. Paul Romero

sawyer.jpg.570fc1e666d2b194f831c74434bf35eb.jpg 

Sawyer destroys his opponent and finishes him off with the powerslam! 

Resnick: Buzz Sawyer, I know you have Rip Morgan on your mind, so go right ahead.

Sawyer: Tommy Rich! We're not done! But first things first! Rip Morgan! You made a big mistake! You want to fight with the Mad Dog? That's exactly what we're going to do! I'm going to show you the beast inside of me! I'm going to punch, bite, kick and stomp you til you bleed and then I'm going to do it all over again! 

Commercial Break 

Scorpio vs. Rance Jones 

scorpio.jpg.cd75e065accee6033e62608b60e8463c.jpg 

Scorpio excites the fans with his high flying offense and gets a big pop when he dives off the top rope and hits a frog splash for the win! 

Scorpio cuts a promo on Nelson Royal and Wendell Cooley and says he'll take them both out!

Commercial Break 

Soldat Ustinov is in the ring getting heat by waving the Russian Flag. He snatches the mic from the ring announcer. 

soldat.jpg.502f5d43fd9d6a274156e04de76e1c1a.jpg

Soldat: I came to the AWA to prove myself to the Kremlin. I have defeated every weak American that's stepped in the ring with me! Play my national anthem so I can raise my flag in victory! 

kirchner.jpg.a7dbc455e6129723c65548500bec3f3f.jpg

Soldat starts to raise his flag but then goes berserk when the Star Spangle Banner plays. Massive cheers as Corporal Kirchner comes out waving the American Flag. Kirchner sets his fag down and hits the ring! 

Soldat swings his flag at Kirchner but Kirchner ducks and hammers away on Soldat. Soldat's against the ropes as Kirchner clotheslines him over! Soldat staggers around as Kirchner salutes the cheering crowd. 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the now even more glowing "Beauty Shop" sign, then pans down to the red carpet as Brenda Britton walks down. Yoshiaki Yatsu calmly walks out and stands in the corner with his arms folded. 

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome to the Beauty Shop relaunch! Just look at this set! My goodness! Yoshi, you look fabulous. I guarantee nobody is going to mess with me now. Ok, so I needed to make a splash this week and boy am I. My guests tonight are the Vin Man and Mr. Magnificent Kevin Kelly. Boys, come on out. 

kelly.jpg.2989948565b26937ea89b8960bba2ce7.jpgvin.jpg.b8e1273e6aadc39b3657fe9bf23f5f70.jpg

Vin Man comes out smiling and wearing a fedora and Hawaiian shirt, shorts and sandles. Kelly is wearing a sparkling gold robe. They smile and bow to Yoshi. Yoshi remains straight faced but bows back. 

Britton: Wow! You guys look hot, relaxed and recharged. Talk to me Vinnie.

Vin: Well Brenda baby, after Big Brawl, some changes needed to be made. Gone are Nick Kiniski and Ron Ritchie. I wish them the best. However, it was time to go back to what worked. Kev here is the original. Mr. Magnificent is back and I promise he's better than ever. Floor's yours Kev.

Kelly: (Takes off his robe and gives a double bicep pose) I feel great and as you can see, I look great. My full nelson is coming back and nobody's breaking out of that. Just look at these arms. Nobody can prepare for this kind of freak strength. 

Vin: Kev is going to knock down the AWA competition like dominos and then he's going to get gold to match his gold! 

Britton: That was awesome! You guys are just to cool. This relaunch was a true success and like always, everything happens right here. Until next week, tooooodles.  

Commercial Break 

Scott "Powerhouse" Putski vs. Vic Dutro 

putski.jpg.67044e38c0e3ca3225c6eefa28899ee0.jpg

Putski is looking good and wins the match with the Polish Hammer! 

Resnick: Tremendous win for Scott Putski. Scott, it's great to see you using the Polish Hammer. What a great nod to your father. 

Putski: Ken, he taught me well. I felt I needed something to add to my arsenal and I couldn't think of a better move. 

Commercial Break 

AWA National Tag Team Champs Larry Zbyszko and Al Perez vs. Arnie Goldstein and Willie Lopez

alp.jpg.385babc5f99261bd7642a5fc6931960f.jpg1484051026_larryz.jpg.191b83bb9ed53893bacae554b010d3fc.jpg 

Champs look in sync tonight as Perez hits the helicopter drop on Lopez and Larry follows with a swinging neckbreaker for the win. 

Resnick: You guys will be defending those National titles against Cabin Fever, this weekend at the Jackson Coliseum. 

Perez: Hold up a second. We know who were defending against but does it matter? 

Larry: That's correct. It doesn't matter. The AWA can send in any spudhead team they want but the results will be the same. Al and myself, walking out with the National titles. 

Commercial Break 

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong vs. Neil Flurry

armstrong.jpg.f8eb98fbbeddcdeb6ab2023cee55703e.jpg 

Armstrong gets the fans pumped up before hitting the jawbreaker for the win! 

Bob heads to ringside.

WHAM! 

10899219_ronfullr.jpg.4ab8cfbe8ca9e68292693aeacc7b32e1.jpg

He's nailed from behind by RON FULLER! 

Fuller pounds down on Bob, picks him up and slams him headfirst into the steel post! Armstrong's laid out and bleeding.

Resnick: We're going to need help! Ron Fuller! What the hell was that all about? 

Fuller: Well, now, it's really quite simple. Old Bob and I go way back. I like to keep tabs on old friends. A little while ago, Bob came to the AWA and helped run my brother Rob and cousin Jimmy outta here. That just doesn't fly with me. Did old Bob think he would get away with that? I think not! 

Commercial Break 

The Chosen Ones (Norman Smiley and Jesse Barr) vs. Clint Russo and Sam Smith 

smiley.jpg.fb71c564f354ff0801451e193f78b7db.jpgbarr.jpg.198a7c20bf65e7a0f793df63a71011b9.jpg

Barr and Smiley come to the ring wearing sports sweaters that say "Chosen Ones" on the back.

Barr hits a hanging vertical suplex and Smiley follows with a flying elbow drop from the top rope for the win. 

Commercial Break 

The Olympians vs. The Top Dollar Phils w/"Champagne" Gerry Morrow

bradr.jpg.49257ef1337b50e83953d543fa369183.jpgkazmaier.jpg.81cb08bd1b1f0913569371ad5e7ddcfa.jpgphil.jpg.b44a35b2e92f62b748811be3b913324f.jpglafon.jpg.0e70bfc688990f8c2716cc05b521c209.jpg 

Olympians are in complete control during the opening minutes. Kazmaier simply overpowers them as Rheingans simply outwrestles them. Phils end up on the outside as Morrow tries to call a time out. Morrow regroups his team. 

Apollo enters the ring but Rheingans quickly clamps on a headlock. Apollo pushes Rheingans to the ropes, Rheingans comes back as Apollo drops down, as Rheingans swings back, Lefon kicks him on his back. Rheingans staggers into a gut wrench suplex by Apollo. Apollo tags in Lefon. The Phils hit a double suplex. Lefon slams Rheingans, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Morrow yells at the Ref. Lefon tags in Apollo. Lefon holds Rheingans as Apollo nails him with a double axehandle 1..2..Kick Out. Morrow is furious. Apollo swings Rheingans to the ropes and goes for a dropkick by Rheingans holds onto the ropes as Apollo crashes down. Rheingans dives over and tags in Kazmaier.

Apollo staggers up as Kazmaier shoulder blocks him down. Lefon runs in but gets back dropped. The Phils stagger up as Kazmaier clotheslines them down. Kazmaier swings Apollo to the ropes and clamps on the bear hug! Kazmaier wrenches away as Apollo screams in agony. Lefon gets up and nails Kazmaier from behind to break the hold. Rheingans runs in and pounds away on Lefon, then punches him through the ropes. Rheingans hits a backbreaker on Apollo before going back to his corner. Kazmaier picks up Apollo and once again clamps on the bear hug! Apollo quickly submits! Big POP! 

Morrow hangs his head in pure disappointment. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: (Smiling) I'm not sure if Morrow is going to win this million dollar bet. Switching gears, please welcome out along with Baby Doll, the AWA world champion, Tommy Wildfire Rich.

Massive boos as Baby Doll leads Tommy out. Tommy smiles and kisses his world title before holding it up to the booing fans.

tommy.jpg.3df03030a01d7e69bfbf8ecf64dcb877.jpg2105483320_babydoll.jpg.7988824becd399ba1f2ff833033414d5.jpg

Baby Doll: Much better introduction Resnick. You're catching on quick. Good boy.

Resnick: Thank you, I suppose. Tommy Rich, you will be defending the AWA world title against Blackjack Mulligan, next week at the Dunn Center.

Rich: Resnick! Check this out.

Rich turns around and the back of his shirt reads "Time to put Mulligan out to pasture: Rich is laughing and turns back around.

Rich: Isn't that funny? That was all me! Get it? Cuz Mulligan is old and it's time Wildfire put him out of his misery. I still can't believe he's still wrestling. It's really pathetic if you think about it. I guess you can say he was pretty good when he was younger but clinging on to yesteryear is just, well, sad. 

Massive cheers as Blackjack Mulligan calmly walks out. Tommy is still ranting as Baby Doll frantically tries to get his attention. Tommy finally turns around and the crowd goes nuts when Mulligan clamps the claw on Tommy! Mulligan wrenches away and Tommy goes to his knees. Baby Doll gets close but Mulligan's look is enough to back her away. Tommy is completely laid out on his back! The show ends with Mulligan ripping the shirt off Tommy and throwing it on his face. 

The new era of the AWA arrives with a splash courtesy of Jerry Blackwell!

The Bombers are ready to fly into their World title shot.

Brown & Dream Machine collide to determine who the REAL weak link in The Syndicate was.

Mad Dog is ready to take a bite out of Morgan.

Scorpio may want to call a friend if he means to go after Royal & Cooley.

Kirchner is here to shut that commie Ustinov up once & for all! Bring on the flag match!

Vin Man decides to focus all his energy on Kevin Kelly. That seems a pretty safe bet.

Young Putski finally busts out the Polish Hammer.

The National Tag champs are on cloud 9 but Cabin Fever may bring them crashing down to earth.

The next chapter in the Armstring/Fuller saga begins.

Smiley & Barr show why they've been chosen.

Morrow may have made a bad investment.

Mulligan does what everyone in wrestling wishes they could do...shut Tommy Rich's mouth! What a way to close the show.

AWA @ The Jackson Coliseum 3-6-87

Gama Singh defeated Gene Ligon with the sleeper

The Glamour Boys defeated The Teamsters- During the match, Lightning Strike appeared at ringside and distracted the Teamsters. This allowed the Glamour Boys to double dropkick Charland out of the ring, then double dropkick Huber for the win! After the match, Lightning Strike gave the Teamsters a dose of their own medicine with a beatdown.

"Dynamite" DJ Peterson defeated Ricardo Santana- Santana gave DJ quite a fight but DJ managed to put Santana down with a diving shoulder tackle.

The Bruise Brothers defeated The Chosen Ones- Barr and Smiley put their technical skills to work and displayed some outstanding teamwork. Bruise Brothers came back hard with some serious power moves. The end came during a pier six brawl. Bruise Brothers swung the Chosen Ones into each other, and Cameron put Barr down with a running double axehandle to the back of Barr's head. 

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley w/Nelson Royal defeated Scorpio- Scorpio had the crowd rock'n and even managed to get in some good shots on Nelson. Later, Nelson managed to distract Scorpio long enough for Cooley to nail him from behind and hit the running bulldog for the win. 

AWA TV Title Bout 

Nick Busick (C) vs. Jerry "Crusher" Blackwell 

These guys might be AWA fan favorites, but they went at each other hard. This was a brutal hard hitting match but stayed within the rules. Each man traded slams, clotheslines, shoulder blocks. They were having a serious punch exchange, when the 10 minutes expired. After a couple of cooling down minutes, they shook hands as the fans were up and cheering.

Nick Busick remains AWA TV Champ

AWA International Title Bout 

El Canek (C) vs. Soldat Ustinov 

Soldat struck hard but I think he might of been preoccupied with Corporal Kirchner showing up at TV on Friday. Soldat did have his moments but then Canek came back with fire. Canek executed a variety of suplexes, before hitting a gorilla press slam followed by a standing leg drop for the win! 

El Canek retains the AWA International Title 

AWA National Tag Team Title Bout

Larry Zbyszko and Al Perez (C) vs. Cabin Fever

Larry pisses both the crowd and Cabin Fever off with his stalling. Him and Perez even exited the ring for more stalling. Finally, Cabin Fever had enough and went at them. Boone grabbed Perez and hurled him into the guardrail. Manny grabbed Larry by his hair and hurled him into the ring. It was all Cabin Fever for the first few minutes. The champs came back, thanks to a sneaky lowblow by Larry. Larry and Perez showed why they're wearing gold by working over Manny for a good while. Manny eventually makes the hot tag. Boone goes crazy by mowing over both Larry and Perez. After working over Perez, Boone picks him up and hits a front slam 1..2..Larry comes off the top rope with a knee drop to the head. Manny runs in and hammers away on Larry. The Ref finally guides Manny back, which allowed Larry to run over and execute a swinging neckbreaker on Boone. Manny runs back over and a clothesline takes both him and Larry over the top rope. Meanwhile, Perez staggers up and drops a jumping elbow drop on Boone 1..2..3! 

Winners and still AWA National Tag Team Champs- Larry Zbyszko and Al Perez

Gama with a solid showing in the opener.

Lightning Strike gets some payback on the Teamsters.

Dynamite blows up on Santana.

Barr & Smiley were chosen to lose tonight.

Scorpio can't overcome the numbers game.

Ten minutes of Busick & Blackwell beating on each other sounds like a great way to spend the night.

Canek overcomes Ustinov to secure his first defense.

Larry Z & Perez sneak away with the titles once again.

Mullugan and Rich and Armstrong and Fuller on the same show. Wow, hot stuff there. Armstrong vs. Fuller NEVER gets old!

I pop for the simplest things when they're done right, and Larry Zbyszko simply saying "That's correct" instead of "that's right" made me pop... Such an eloquent speaker was Larry Z.

Scorp paying his dues, as he should be. Fun match with Cooley

I think on the entire roster the only thing that isn't clicking for me is the pairing of the talented Ragin Bull with Cammando Boone. It's worked in the past with guys teaming with an Andre or a Haystacks Calhoun, but Boone is neither of those. I was excited when Larry & Al retained. Not only are they a great team but I hope eventually Manny can shine in singles.

Awesome and fun reads!

AWA continues to roll with some of the best wrestling in the country. Tommy Rich is without question one of the top wrestlers in our world. I actually love the International Title idea and something that could really have serious stakes if done correctly. After looking through this... you and the NWA are neck and neck for the top of the heap.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 3-11-87

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another exciting edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Tremendous show lined up as you will see Carlos Colon in action, as well as Rip Morgan, Ron Fuller, The Bruise Brothers, The Glamour Boys and AWA International Champ El Canek. Richard Charland and Brad Rheingan's names were drawn earlier and they will wrestle tonight for a TV title shot next week. Our main event will see Kerry Brown battle the Dream Machine. As you all know, this weekend at the Dunn Center, Tommy Rich will defend the AWA world title against Blackjack Mulligan. On that note, let's take a look at what went down last week between those two.

Footage is shown of Tommy Rich berating Mulligan. Mulligan comes out and eventually puts Rich out with his claw! 

Lance: (Smiling) I must say, Tommy Rich had that coming...

Thundering boos as Tommy Rich and Baby Doll comes out. 

Baby Doll: Keep your mouth shut Lance, the world champ isn't happy and has something to say. 

Rich: Lance, I thought we were friends. First, you show that edited tape, just to make me look bad, and then you laugh and say I had it coming? Who the hell are you? From here on out, we ain't friends! As for that washed up, good for nothing, old man Mulligan, come this weekend at the Dunn Center, I will follow through on my promise and I will put that never was out to pasture. I'm outta here! 

Rich and Baby Doll storm off. 

Lance: Ok, well, let's go to the ring. 

The Glamour Boys vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez

simpson.jpg.8a24c045e095a2272a24a2c3d5fa33bc.jpgsdoll.jpg.9546a5251ff01c4e4a0a2930b7489d4e.jpg

The Glamour Boys get the crowd going with some fun high octane offence. The fans are up and cheering when they hit the Glam, Slam, Thank-You Maam, for the win. 

Commercial Break 

"The Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller vs. Arnie Goldstein

10899219_ronfullr.jpg.4ab8cfbe8ca9e68292693aeacc7b32e1.jpg 

Pure showcase for Fuller as he just systematically takes his opponent apart before winning the match with his Fullerlock. 

Resnick: Just listen to these boos. It's obvious these fans didn't like what you did to Bob Armstrong last week. I can't say I blame them. 

Fuller: Oh come on now Resnick. Just what did you and these fans expect? Old Bob started all of this and I'm here to simply finish the job. 

Commercial Break 

Winner gets a TV title shot next week

Brad Rheingans w/Bill Kazmaier vs. Richard Charland w/Spike Huber

bradr.jpg.49257ef1337b50e83953d543fa369183.jpgcharland.jpg.f9285405741e55c8e529a2262081f7e6.jpg

Things get tense between the Olympians and Teamsters. The Ref decides to ban both Kazmaier and Huber from ringside. 

The bell rings and Charland immediately attacks Rheingans. Charland pounds away on Rheingans with his taped fists, swings Rheingans to the ropes and puts him down with a clothesline. Charland stomps down on Rheingans, picks him up, swings him into the corner and charges with a shoulder thrust but Rheingans moves. Rheingans clears the cobwebs, pulls Charland out and executes an overhead back suplex. Rheingans picks up Charland and hits a belly to back suplex 1..2..Charland gets his shoulder up. Rheingans hoists Charland up and hits a hanging vertical suplex.

Wait a minute! Spike Huber runs out and starts yelling up at Rheingans. The crowd cheers as Lightning Strike come out and nail Huber! Several officials come out to break it up. The Ref and Rheingans are watching all this. Charland staggers up and sends Rheingans through the ropes with a running knee. The other Refs clear Lightning Strike and Huber out of there. 

Charland goes to the outside and body slams Rheingans on the concrete, then hurls Rheingans back in the ring. Charland goes to the top rope. Rheingans staggers up as Charland nails him with a double axehandle 1..2..Kick Out. Charland picks up Rhengans and hits an inverted atomic drop and follows with a short arm clothesline 1..2..Kick Out. Charland raises a fist to the Ref. Charland picks up Rheingans and goes for a piledriver but Rheingans back drops him. 

Both men stagger up. Charland takes a swing but Rheingans ducks and atomic drops Charland into the turnbuckles. Charland hits hard and staggers back as Rheingans grabs him and hits a German suplex 1..2..3!! 

The fans are cheering as Bill Kazmaier runs in and raises Rheingans hand. 

Commercial Break

The Bruise Brothers vs. Trent Watkins and Ray Glader

snowman.jpg.8707a32a546277c3841293ff0d0c1573.jpgcameron.jpg.9a3062af92b41b9e4224044b78503c0e.jpg 

Bruise Brothers show off their incredible power and their opponents really feel it. The end comes when Snowman back drops Watkins, tags in Cameron. Watkins staggers up as Cameron swings off the ropes and hits a double axehandle to the back for the easy win. 

Resnick: Ok, that was one impressive outing. Bruise Brothers, you guys are really climbing the tag team ranks. 

Snowman: That's right and I think we're about ready for a title shot. 

Cameron: You said it Snowman. Zbyszko! Perez! We're coming after you! 

There's a commotion as Cabin Fever come out. 

Manny: We're not out here to cause trouble. Boone and I have the upmost respect for you guys. However, we feel like we deserve another shot at the National Titles daddy! 

Cameron: We don't deny that but we think we should be next. 

Manny: Fair enough. How about we settle this in the ring. Next week, right here. What do you say? 

Snowman: I say, let's do it! 

Commercial Break 

AWA International Champ El Canek vs. Todd Rooney

canek.jpg.b144562d8ceffccc2c1b875970131df6.jpg 

Canek looks awesome tonight. Canek executes a Gorilla Drop, then follows with a standing leg drop for the 1..2..3! The fans cheer as Canek holds his title high. 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the glowing pink "Beauty Shop" sign, then pans down to Brenda Britton. Yoshiaki Yatsu stands in the corner, arms folded.

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome once again to the highest rated segment in wrestling today, the Beauty Shop. Now, I've had this guy on my show before and all I can say is, he better behave himself. My guest is the Unpredictable Dick Slater. 

slater.jpg.32202cdf407453ca49175fa337c47e0f.jpg

Cheers as Dick Slater comes out. Him and Yatsu have a stare, then Slater walks over to Brenda. 

Britton: You better watch yourself Mister. You were trouble in the USWA and you've been nothing but trouble since coming to the AWA. Just what are your intentions here anyways? 

Slater: Oh Brenda, it's great to see you to. To answer your question, Dick Slater is here for gold. I held gold in the USWA and I want some AWA gold. You can bet Dick Slater is going to get some. 

Britton: Wait just a minute! Are you saying you can beat Tommy Rich? Boy, that makes me laugh. There's no way a dirty cheater like you can be a world champion. I mean, come on, you're not very smart. How can you possibly think you can defeat a class act like Tommy Rich for the world title? 

Slater: Little lady, if you don't watch it, I might have to give you a spanking. 

Loud Pop! 

Britton: Hey! You can't threaten me! That's it! Get out of here! 

Slater smiles and snatches the mic.

WHAM! 

Yoshiaki Yatsu puts Slater down with a karate kick to the back of Slater's head! 

Brenda picks up the mic.

Britton: Yoshi, you're worth every penny. (Yoshi bows) How's that for being unpredictable? Until next week, toooodles! 

Commercial Break 

The Chosen Ones (Jesse Barr and Norman Smiley) vs. Larry Johnson and Carl Kellerman

barr.jpg.198a7c20bf65e7a0f793df63a71011b9.jpgsmiley.jpg.fb71c564f354ff0801451e193f78b7db.jpg 

Once again, the Chosen Ones put their technical skills to work as they outclass their opponents. Barr executes a suplex as Smiley follows with a flying elbow drop from the top rope for the win. Boos as the Chosen Ones head to ringside.

Resnick: Well gentlemen, you recently came up short against the Bruise Brothers. I have to ask, what's next? 

Boos as Greg Gagne walks out.

gagne.jpg.085d8e429a64a34587adac4978766b0b.jpg

Gagne: Shut up Resnick, these top caliber wrestlers do not have to answer you. (Looks at the Chosen Ones) You guys were right. You were chosen for a reason and together we can accomplish big things here. The 3 of us can make the AWA great again. I'm a former TV champion, the best the AWA has ever seen. With my guidance I can take you guys all the way. I can help you unlock your full potential. What do you say? Are you with me? 

Smiley: When the great Greg Gagne talks, we listen. Of course we're with you.

Barr: Greg, let's make the AWA great again!  

Greg and the Chosen Ones hug, then exit.

Resnick: (rolls his eyes) He just can't let things go, can he?  

Commercial Break 

Carlos Colon w/Curtis Iaukea vs. Richard Klondike

colon2.jpg.0b1809729f06a5a88182ec6ebdf57b33.jpgcurtis.jpg.d653a32aa2083b1bc8c32108b2dba9a2.jpg 

Colon just destroys his opponent before finishing him off with a diving clothesline from the top rope! Iaukea throws Colon his kendo stick. Colon puts the kendo stick under Klondike's chin and executes the camel clutch! Colon wrenches away until several prelim wrestlers run in to stop this. Colon gets up, then hammers away on the wrestlers with his kendo stick. Iaukea storms to ringside.

Resnick: What is the point of all this? 

Iaukea: The point is, we will do this every week until Carlos Colon finds a suitable opponent. But there is nobody! Nobody! Nobody dares to step in the ring with Carlos Colon!

Commercial Break

Resnick: Fans, this weekend at the Dunn Arena, AWA World tag team champs Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami will defend their titles against the British Bombers. That should be a hard hitting attraction. Also, Tommy Rich will defend the world title against my guest at this time. Blackjack Mulligan.

Cheers as Mulligan walks out, tightening his fists.

Resnick: Tremendous opportunity for you Mr. Mulligan. After what happened last week, you have a lot of momentum going into this.

Mulligan: Tommy Rich loves to run his mouth and I can't wait to close it! Tommy Rich! It felt really good clamping this here claw on you and putting you out on your back. Get real use to that, because at the Dunn Center, that's exactly where you're going to end up! 

Commercial Break 

"The Beast" Rip Morgan vs. Chance Collins

rip.jpg.79204e93ea07378975a297575080f041.jpg  

Morgan hits the ring swinging his chain before tossing it out. The bell rings and Morgan blasts Collins with a big boot to the face for the quick pin. 

Resnick: (Nervously awaits Morgan) Rip Morgan, it's you and Buzz Sawyer at the Dunn Center. This all started at Big Brawl when you interfered in the world title bout. I know Buzz is looking for payback.

Morgan: (Swings his chain) Buzz Sawyer! I told you only one beast runs the AWA and that's me! Trust me, I'm the one who will remain standing! 

Commercial Break

"The Master of Disaster" Kerry Brown vs. The Dream Machine

kbrown.jpg.51d831f490b1d9753075cc03fd520aa6.jpgmachine.png.e180c5330c37db45d22411e07c479f58.png

The bell rings and the fists start flying. These two have a furious exchange. Brown starts to get the upper hand, swings Dream to the ropes and back drops him. Dream staggers up against the ropes as Brown clotheslines him over. Dream staggers all over and starts arguing with the fans. Brown runs out, grabs Dream and slams his head on the apron, then hurls him back in the ring. Dream rolls around and stands up as Brown mows him down with a shoulder block. Brown swings off the ropes and hits a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Brown swings Dream to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Dream kicks him. Dream regroups.

Brown rises as Dream grabs him and hits a suplex. Dream picks up Brown and chokes him on the top rope, then snaps him back. Dream slams Brown and drops several elbows on him 1..2..Kick Out. Dream chokes Brown with his boot, then rakes it across his face. Dream picks up Brown and rams his head on the top turnbuckle. Dream swings Brown to the opposite corner and charges in with a knee to the mid section. Dream hits a rib breaker 1..2..Brown barley gets his shoulder up. Dream berates the Ref. Dream goes for a vertical suplex but Brown blocks it and suplexes Dream!

Both men are reeling. They slowly stagger up and pound away on each other. Dream rakes Brown's eyes and swings him to the ropes but Brown ducks the clothesline attempt and comes back with a running high knee. Ding Ding Ding! The television time limit has expired. 

Brown is conversing with the Ref. Dream grabs the ropes and pulls himself up. Dream clotheslines Brown from behind. The Ref is yelling at Dream. Dream yells back, then goes to pick up Brown but Brown lowblows him! Dream slowly falls down. Officials run in to prevent more fighting. 

Commercial Break

Lance: What a show. The situation between Kerry Brown and Dream Machine looks far from over. Next week you'll see Nick Busick defend his TV title against Brad Rheingans. Also. it's official, Cabin Fever will take on the Bruise Brothers....

Boos as Vin Man leads out Mr. Magnificent Kevin Kelly. Kelly is wearing a glittering gold robe. 

kelly.jpg.2989948565b26937ea89b8960bba2ce7.jpgvin.jpg.b8e1273e6aadc39b3657fe9bf23f5f70.jpg

Vin: Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Come on Lancer. Tell the fans what's really going down next week. Wait! I'll tell them. Live, right here, next week, the Vin Man will present, Mr. Magnificent Kevin Kelly. I'm so excited and Lancer, I just can't hide it. Get ready! Yea! 

Lance: Well, yes, next week Mr. Magnificent Kevin Kelly will be in action. We'll also be talking about the results of this weekend's Dunn card. Until next week, so long. 

The Champ is sure to set the record straight about what happened last week. Lance was so torn up that he & Tommy aren't friends.

The Glamour Boys are a great way to get the crowd warmed up....particularly the ladies ;)

The Tennessee Stud shows his stuff.

Rheingans should prove an interesting challenge for Busick.

Bruise Brothers vs Cabin Fever? Bring it on!

Canek gets a nice showcase.

Yatsu earns his keep as Brenda's bodyguard.

Gagne is back & is ready to make the AWA great again! He's got some quality help in the form of the Chosen Ones.

Colon & Iaukea demand competition!

Mulligan is focused on the Dunn Center & his chance to become World champion.

Morgan vs Sawyer in the Dunn Center! Let's get nuts!

Dream Machine & Brown didn't have enough time to settle their differences. Looking forward to the rematch.

AWA @ The Dunn Center 3-13-87

Soldat Ustinov defeats a Local Talent with a shoulder breaker  

"Crusher" Jerry Blackwell defeated Gene Ligon with a body splash 

"Dynamite" DJ Peterson and Scott "Powerhouse" Putski defeated The Top Dollar Phils- DJ put Apollo down with a flying shoulder block to get the win. Afterwards, Morrow just put his head on the apron to sulk. 

"Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer defeated "The Beast" Rip Morgan- During a Ref bump, Sawyer grabbed Morgan's chain and clotheslined him with it. The Ref recovers and makes the count. 

Lightning Strike defeated The Teamsters- Lightning Strike double back dropped Charland, then nailed Huber with a double dropkick to get a satisfying win. 

Corporal Kirchner defeated Gama Singh by DQ- Kirchner was in control when Soldat Ustinov ran in the ring and hit Kirchner with the Russian Flag. Soldat and Gama proceeded to do a 2 on 1 beatdown. 

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley w/Nelson Royal defeated Scorpio- Scorpio was on his A game until he went for a flying leg drop from the top rope. Cooley moved, picked Scorpio up and hit a running bulldog for the win. 

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout

Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami (C) vs. The British Bombers 

The fans get a solid 30 minutes of tag team action. The Bombers were hitting hard tonight and scored several near falls. The champs came back and unloaded a suplex and slam arsenal. These teams kept the fans on the edge of their seats. Bombers regain control and work over Fujinami. They wore him down and then hit their finisher as Smith clipped Fujinami behind the knee as Taylor blasted him with a running forearm 1..2..Fujinami was able to get his foot on the rope. The Bombers were pissed and started double teaming Fujinami. Jumbo runs in and cleans house. Fujinami finally makes the hot tag and Jumbo takes it to Smith. Taylor runs in but Jumbo puts him down with a big boot to the head. Fujinami runs in and gives Smith an overhead suplex. Jumbo climbs to the top rope and crashes down with a knee drop for the 1..2..3! 

Winners and still AWA World Tag Team Champs- Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami 

AWA World Title Bout

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich (C) w/Baby Doll vs. Blackjack Mulligan 

The fans paid to see Tommy bleed and Mulligan gave them their money's worth. At the 15 minute mark, Rich's head is a bloody mess. Rich finally gets some momentum when Mulligan charges at him in the corner and Rich raises his knees. Mulligan hits the knees head on and Rich clears the cobwebs. Rich pushes Mulligan in the corner and unleashes a series of bionic elbows on his head. Rich pulls Mulligan out and hits a vertical suplex but can't put Mulligan away. Rich continues to both work Mulligan over and taunt the fans. The tide turns when Rich goes for a back drop and Mulligan just about kicks his head off!

The fans go wild as Mulligan clenches and shakes his fists. Rich staggers up as Mulligan clotheslines him down. Mulligan puts his knee on Rich's chest, pulls his bloody head up and unleashes a flurry of punches as the fans happily count along. Mulligan picks up Rich and swings him hard into the turnbuckles. Mulligan grabs Rich and swings him hard into the opposite turnbuckles. Mulligan swings Rich to the ropes and hits a diving back elbow smash. Mulligan is ready to cover but Baby Doll gets on the apron and starts yelling at him. The Ref goes over and warns Baby Doll. Mulligan gets frustrated and walks over and gives Baby Doll a stern warning. Rich hobbles up and around, then runs over and sends Mulligan through the ropes with a flying knee.

Rich distracts the Ref while Baby Doll slaps Mulligan. Rich goes to the outside. He picks up Mulligan and swings him towards the steel post but Mulligan reverses it and swings Rich into the post! Baby Doll runs over and hops on Mulligan's back. The fans go crazy as Mulligan swings her off. The Ref hits his 10 count and signals for the bell. Mulligan realizes what just happened and is pissed. Rich is on his knees. Mulligan clamps on the claw! The fans are up and cheering as Mulligan once again puts Rich to sleep. 

The official decision- A Double C.O.- Tommy Rich remains AWA World Champ

Ustinov & Blackwell both get solid wins to start the night.

The Top Dollar Phils continue to look like something out of the bargin bin.

Sawyer shows Morgan he isn't afraid to play dirty despite being the face.

Lightning Strike must've enjoyed that victory over the Teamsters.

Ustinov makes another appearance to jump Kirchner.

Cooley proves he doesn't need Royal's help to win a match.

Jumbo & The Dragon shoot down the bombers.

Rich & Mulligan get wild but nothing is settled. A rematch is certainly in order.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 3-18-87

Footage of the AWA world title match is shown from the Dunn Center as Tommy Rich and Blackjack Mulligan battle to a double c.o. 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Tremendous show lined up. Nick Busick defends the TV title against Brad Rheingans. The Bruise Brothers will collide with Cabin Fever. Also in action will be Bob Armstrong, Wendell Cooley, Corporal Kirchner, Scott Putski, the Teamsters and of course Kevin Kelly. Fans, you saw what went down in the Dunn Center. Well, I've been told that Blackjack Mulligan will get a rematch for the world title. That match will take place in two weeks at the Monroe Civic Center in Milwaukee. On that note, coming out now is the AWA world champion Tommy Rich, along with Baby Doll.

Thundering boos as Tommy comes out with his head bandaged up. 

Baby Doll: You're on thin ice with us Lance, so watch yourself.

Lance: Alright, ok, just relax. Tommy, we all saw the footage and once again Blackjack Mulligan had you laid out with the claw. 

Rich: Shut up Lance! That no good cheating Mulligan did that after the bell rang! Why should he get another shot at my title? Why? He fights dirty and I don't condone that type of behavior. This title means I'm the best wrestler in the world and I should be facing top contenders, not cheating hacks like Jackass Mulligan. This is downright ludicrous! Fine! Let this be a warning to Jerry Jarrett and Jackass Mulligan. In 2 weeks, I guarantee it will be Mulligan's last match. There's no place here for people like him. Baby Doll, let's go. 

Rich and Baby Doll exit.

Lance: Ok, well, Tommy's pretty upset. Next week, Blackjack Mulligan will be in action. Right now, let's get to the ring. 

Corporal Kirchner vs. Alvin Wrye 

kirchner.jpg.a7dbc455e6129723c65548500bec3f3f.jpg

The fans are cheering as Kirchner comes to the ring waving the American Flag. Kirchner is all over his opponent and finishes him off with a Fallaway Slam! 

Kirchner cuts a passionate promo and says he's going to send Soldat Ustinov back to Russia! 

Commercial Break 

The Teamsters vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

huber.jpg.a8d1be29fc6f63c5b6aef9f6c591745b.jpgcharland.jpg.f9285405741e55c8e529a2262081f7e6.jpg

Teamsters are aggressive tonight. The end comes when Huber executes an airplane spin on Lopez, then tags in Charland. Charland finishes things off with an inverted piledriver. 

Resnick: Teamsters, at the Dunn Center, you guys came up short against Lightning Strike. I know Lightning Strike was pretty satisfied.

Huber: Wait a minute! Does Lightning Strike think this is over? Oh, no, no no! This weekend at the Alumni Coliseum, we've got another match. And we say, lightning wont strike twice! 

Teamsters exit as Charland bumps Resnick. 

Commercial Break 

WrestleRock 87- 2 night extravaganza! May 28th and 28th @ The Liberty Bowl

Scott "Powerhouse" Putski vs. Neil Jordan

putski.jpg.67044e38c0e3ca3225c6eefa28899ee0.jpg 

Putski looks great tonight and wins the match with the Polish Hammer! 

Resnick: Scott Putski, I must say, you have been nothing short of impressive here of late. I understand, you have something on your mind. 

Putski: (pauses) You know, for weeks now, Carlos Colon and Curtis Iaukea have been going crazy and punishing a lot of young wrestlers. They claim they want competition. Well, I just can't take it anymore. If they want a match, I'll be happy to give them one. Carlos Colon! Why don't we do it on TV, next week! 

Putski pumps his fist to the cheering fans and exits. 

Resnick: I really admire that kid but I sure hope he knows what he's getting himself into. 

Commercial Break 

The Bruise Brothers vs. Cabin Fever 

Last week, both teams wanted a shot at the National tag titles. They agreed on this match to decide things. 

The first few minutes is fought hard but clean. Bruise Brothers get control as Snowman slams Manny and follows with a big elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Snowman tags in Cameron. They swing Manny to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow smash. Cameron works over Manny, swings him to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Manny swings back and nails Cameron with a flying back elbow blast. Manny rolls over and tags in Boone. Cameron staggers up as Boone scoop slams him down. Boone picks up Cameron and hits a running powerslam 1..2..Cameron gets his foot on the ropes. Boone swings Cameron to the corner and charges in but Cameron moves, dives over and tags in Snowman. Boone staggers out as Snowman swings off the ropes and clotheslines him down. Snowman clubs away at Boone, swings him to the ropes but Boone comes full force and shoulder blocks Snowman down. Boone tags in Manny. 

Cabin Fever swing Snowman to the ropes and double clothesline him down. Manny hits a vertical suplex, hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Manny swings Snowman into the corner and charges in with a running knee to the mid section. Manny suplexes Snowman out of the corner 1..2..Kick Out. Manny grabs Snowman and tags in Boone. Cabin Fever double slam Snowman. Boone drops a big elbow 1..2..Snowman barley gets his shoulder up. Boone body slams Snowman, swings off the ropes and goes for a big splash but Snowman moves! Snowman slowly rolls over and tags in Cameron. Boone gets to his knees as Snowman blasts him with a kneelift. Cameron swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop 1..2..Manny breaks it. Snowman comes in. Manny and Snowman have a pushing exchange but the Ref breaks it up. The Ref is guiding Manny back. Boone staggers up as Snowman nails him with a big right punch. Boone wobbles around as Cameron blasts him with a running double axehandle to the back of his head 1..2..3! 

Both teams are worn out. The Bruise Brothers give each other a double fist bump. Manny helps up Boone. Cabin Fever regroup, then walk over and raise the Bruise Brothers arms as the fans cheer. 

Commercial Break 

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley w/Nelson Royal vs. Todd Rooney 

cooley.jpg.ec861d99d7268e01c85d971b8a3ce7a9.jpgnelson.jpg.cde529f76f07a519af235193553ba247.jpg

Cooley takes his opponent apart and finishes things off with a running bulldog! Nelson throws Cooley his bull rope. Cooley gets some good heel heat by tying Rooney up. 

Resnick: Come on now. You know, I really do expect better from both of you. There was no need for humiliating that poor guy.

Nelson: Hey, this is a tough business and when you're in the ring with Wendell Cooley, you best be prepared. Just ask Scorpio.

Cooley: You got that right! That kid had all these amazing moves but when he got into the ring with me, well, I took him down a few notches. 

Nelson: Wendell Cooley is for real! 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the glowing pink "Beauty Shop" sign, then pans down to Brenda Britton. 

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome again to the highest rated segment in wrestling, the Beauty Shop. First things first, I want to personally thank my personal bodyguard Yoshiaki Yatsu for protecting me last week against that animal Dick Slater. Thank you Yoshi! 

Yoshiaki simply bows.

Britton: I know that idiot cried to Jerry Jarrett and now you will face him this weekend at the Alumni Coliseum. Yea, good luck Slater. You're a dead man walking. Ok, showtime. My guest tonight is one of my all time favorites. Please welcome out the charming and suave Gerry Morrow, along with his Top Dollar Phils.

morrow.jpg.712675a327c62249763b97627a642937.jpglafon.jpg.0e70bfc688990f8c2716cc05b521c209.jpgphil.jpg.b44a35b2e92f62b748811be3b913324f.jpg

Boos as Morrow and the Phils walk out. The Phils don't look so confident. Morrow still takes time to kiss Brenda's hand.

Britton: Aw Gerry, you're still my favorite. I hate to be a downer, but things haven't been looking so good for your tag team here. I know it's not your fault. I just don't want to see you stress. I mean you do have a million dollars riding on this team. I have to ask, what's the plan?

Morrow: Brenda, out of de upmost respect for you, I will get right to de point. The Top Dollar Phils are no more.

The Phils are shocked and waving their arms at Morrow.

Britton: (eyes bugged out) What?

Morrow: De bottom line is this just isn't going to work out. I will figure something else out with my business associates regarding de million dollar bet. As for de Top Dollar Phils, I do have a bit of good news. Mr. Lafon, somebody is very interested in you and has purchased your contract. He is in de back waiting eagerly. I wish you de very best.

Morrow shakes Lafon's hand and bids him farewell.

Apollo: Gerry, Gerry! What about me?

Morrow: Well, you're just released. Good luck.

Apollo: You're going to regret this.

Apollo storms off.

Britton: Wow, that was something. I guess it was fun while it lasted. What's next for you Gerry? 

Morrow: You know me Brenda, I'll come up with something and when I do, you and I will share a sweet champagne toast.

Britton: Oh, I'm looking forward to that. Until next week, tooooodles! 

Commercial Break

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong vs. Trent Watkins

armstrong.jpg.f8eb98fbbeddcdeb6ab2023cee55703e.jpg 

Bob is pumped up tonight and wins the match with the Jawbreaker! 

Resnick: Bob Armstrong, great to have you back. After helping get rid of Jimmy Golden and Rob Fuller, along comes Ron Fuller. He put you out of action for a couple weeks and I'm sure you're looking for some payback.

Armstrong: Payback is right! Ron Fuller, we've been up and down this road many times and if you want another round, I'm all in! 2 weeks I got you in Monroe and you better bring a lunch!

Commercial Break

Footage from last week is shown as Kerry Brown and Dream Machine fight to a draw. 

Resnick: Things clearly aren't over between those two. This weekend they will meet at the Alumni Coliseum. Joining me now is the Dream Machine.

Dream: Kerry Brown! Listen up babay! Last week I was robbed of finishing the job but that won't happen at the Alumni Coliseum. I'm going to give you a beating you wont ever forget! Choke on that babay! 

Dream Machine exits.

Resnick: That big match happens this weekend....

Boos as Rip Morgan storms out, swinging his chain

Morgan: Buzz Sawyer! (Hits the ground with his chain) Buzz Sawyer! You want to fight with a chain? You and Me, in a chain match! I don't care when or where but this will happen! 

Morgan storms off.

Resnick: (Catches his breath) My goodness, we'll be back

Commercial Break

Vin Man is standing in the ring.

Vin: I'm the Vin Man, yea! The talk is over and the time has come. 

Europe's "Final Countdown" blasts over the speakers as Kevin Kelly arrogantly walks to the ring wearing a gold glittering robe. 

Vin Man: The grand re debut of the Greek God himself, the one and only Mr. Magnificent Kevin Kelly! 

"Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly w/The Vin Man vs. Ray Glader

Nice showcase for Kelly as he destroys his opponent. Kelly clamps on the full nelson and wrenches away as the Ref signals for the bell. Kelly twirls Glader around and tosses him across the ring. Vin Man runs in and applauds as Kelly gives a double bicep pose. 

Commercial Break

Lance: Before we get to the big TV title match. Next week, Blackjack Mulligan will be in action. as well as the AWA world tag team champs Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami. All that...

Carlos Colon and Curtis Iaukea burst on the scene.

Iaukea: Scott Putski! You're a very brave but foolish man. You dare challenge Carlos Colon? You have done nothing except poke the monster. You will feel pain unlike anything you've ever felt. You have no idea what you're dealing with!

Colon: I must make an example of you, so you never forget! 

Iaukea: Scott Putski! Get your affairs in order! 

Commercial Break

AWA TV Title Bout

Nick Busick (C) vs. Brad Rheingans 

busick.jpg.de786178dd6ea45803150bf04ad2153c.jpgbradr.jpg.49257ef1337b50e83953d543fa369183.jpg

Rheingans partner, Bill Kazmaier comes out for support, shakes his partner's hand and goes to the back. Busick hops on the middle turnbuckles and holds up his title. The announcements are made as Busick hands the Ref the TV title.

The match starts with a handshake. Rheingans controls the first couple minutes by taking Busick off his power game with takedowns and submission holds. Rheingans has Busick in a hammerlock and wrenches away. Busick finally is able to grab the ropes. The Ref gets Rheingans off as Busick tries to get circulation back in his arm.

They're about to lock up, when Busick nails Rheingans with a forearm blast. Busick continues to shake his arm. Busick nails Rheingans with several forearm shots, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Rheingans staggers up as Busick grabs him and Irish whips him into the corner. Busick swings Rheingans to the opposite corner and quickly follows with a running clothesline.  Busick hip tosses Rheingans, then applies a chinlock with his knee in Rheingans back. Rheingans fights his way out of it, hits Busick with several back elbows, then snapmares him over.

Rheingans walks around, trying to regroup. Busick rises and charges but Rheingans back drops him. Busick staggers up as Rheingans dropkicks him. Rheingans picks up Busick and hits a sidewalk slam 1..2..Kick Out. Rheingans swings Busick to the ropes and executes a swinging gut wrench suplex. Rheingans grabs Busick and hits a backbreaker, then applies the Boston Crab. Rheingans wrenches away as Busick uses all his strength and makes it to the ropes. The Ref guides Rheingans off.

Busick slowly grabs the ropes and pulls himself up. Rheingans quickly grabs him, swings him to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Busick kicks him. Busick falls back against the ropes and takes a breather. Rheingans staggers up as Busick shoulder blocks him down. Busick follows with a snap suplex. Busick swings Rheingans to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Rheingans comes back with a Thesz Press but Busick catches him and turns it into a spinebuster slam 1..2..3! 

The fans are cheering as Busick helps Rheingans up. 

Winner of the Match and still AWA TV Champ- Nick Busick 

Mulligan gets his rematch & Rich has a fit. We're off to a great start this week.

And we build on it with a win & patriotic promo from the Corporal.

The Teamsters are ready for another crack at Lightning Strike.

I agree with Resnick, Putski better be careful what he wishes for.

Bruise Brothers win a slobberknocker to earn another shot at the National Titles. Glad Cabin Fever took it well.

Well Cooley is for real, i won't argue that.

Good on Morrow admitting that the Top Dollar Phils just weren't working out. Though Apollo didn't take it to well. I'm curious to see who snatched up Lafon.

The Bullet is back & ready for another round with the Stud.

Dream Machine is still gunning for Brown babay!

I think we all new the chain match was coming. Now to enjoy the carnage.

Kelly impresses in his return to singles action.

Nice back and forth in the main event ending in another successful defense for Busick. He's really got a firm grip on the tv title.

AWA @ The Alumni Coliseum, Richmond KY 3-20-87

"Dynamite" DJ Peterson defeated Gene Ligon with a diving shoulder block from the top rope

Gama Singh defeated Scorpio- Scorpio hit a reverse flying press off the turnbuckles but Gama carried the momentum over with a hand full of tights to get the win

Corporal Kirchner defeated Soldat Ustinov with an inside cradle. Soldat attacked afterwards but Kirchner got the better of him. 

The Chosen Ones w/Greg Gagne defeated The Olympians- Chosen Ones miss a double clothesline on Kazmaier, but as Kazmaier swung back off the ropes, Gagne trips him from the outside. Kaz stumbled into a double DDT by Smiley and Barr. Rheingans tackled Smiley as Barr covered Kaz for the win.

The Dream Machine and "Master of Disaster" Kerry Brown battled to a double c.o. and continued fighting for a few more minutes. 

Lightning Strike defeated The Teamsters- Horner back dropped Huber, Huber staggered up as Allen put him down with a missile dropkick for the win. Something very interesting happened after the match when FRENCHY MARTIN (appearing in the AWA for the first time) and PHIL LAFON came in and escorted Richard Charland to the back. Huber had no idea what was going on.

"Unpredictable" Dick Slater defeated "The Japanese Fury" Yoshiaki Yatsu- Very hard fought match. Yatsu had Slater in trouble several times combining his martial art skills and suplex variations. Slater came back with some good ol fashion brawling. In the end, Slater ducked a spin kick and quickly hit a reverse neckbreaker for the win. 

AWA International Title Bout

El Canek (C) vs. AWA National Tag Team Champ Larry Zbyszko 

Larry frustrates the fans big time with his stalling tactics. He teases getting into the ring several times until finally Canek grabs him and suplexes him into the ring. Canek controls the early minutes. Larry stops Canek's momentum with a mule kick followed by a karate kick to the mid section. Larry goes to work on Canek while constantly yelling at the fans. Larry manages several near falls but can't put Canek away. The tide turns when Larry goes for a vertical suplex but Canek blocks it and suplexes Larry. Canek unloads on Larry. Canek swings Larry to the corner but Larry reverses it and Irish whips Canek hard into the turnbuckles. Larry charges in but Canek moves, grabs Larry and hits a bridging belly to back suplex 1..2..3! 

El Canek retains the AWA International title while Larry throws a fit. 

Peterson & Singh each pick up a solid win.

Kirchner grabs victory but Ustinov isn't through with him yet.

Gagne pays dividends for the Chosen Ones.

Things still aren't settled between Dream Machine & Brown.

It seems the AWA is about to see a Quebec invasion.

Slater gets his payback on Yatsu.

Larry Z's quest to become a double champion is stopped cold by Canek in the main event.