Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Major League Wrestling

spaldoni

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was an awesome AWA show.  Between the interviews with Al Perez/Idol and gang and then the Beauty Shop, I couldn't get enough.  Killer Brooks as the bounty man.  Love It!  Awesome angles!

Bad News as champ seems like it is going to be a wild ride!  Nice choice.

Snuka/Polynesian Power vs Iaukea and crew seems so personal.  Really well done here.

Nice job building up Putski also.  

AWA @ The Louisville Gardens 7-23-87

awa2.jpg.f9782ae0c524d7a10c4fdd27cab51447.jpg

"The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko defeated A Local Talent with a swinging neckbreaker . Pure showcase for Zbyszko who manages to rile up the fans early. 

The Wild Bunch w/Nelson Royal defeated Stoney Burke and Gene Ligon with a double running bulldog on Burke

Billy Jack Strong defeated "Dynamite" DJ Peterson- DJ went for a running shoulder thrust in the corner but Strong moved and rolled DJ up with a handful of tights

The Technicians and Venomous battled to a 10 minute draw- With the Technicians wrestling skills going up against the high flying offense of Venomous, things seemed to be just getting warmed up when the 10 minutes expired

AWA International Title Bout 

El Canek (C) vs. 'The Great" Gama Singh 

These guys give the fans over 30 minutes of back and forth action. Gama gets in the zone and works Canek over, then when the moment strikes, he clamps on the cobra clutch. The title is within his grasp, until Canek uses all his strength to back pedal Gama into the turnbuckles. Canek makes the ultimate comeback and finishes things off with a flying legdrop from the top rope. Canek retains! 

AWA National Tag Team Title Bout 

The Quebec Coalition w/Frenchy Martin vs. The British Bombers 

Another match that goes past 30 minutes. Both teams shine and show off some tremendous teamwork. Things get a bit crazy and both teams end up fighting on the outside, resulting in a double c.o. Frenchy makes the mistake and tries to interfere but ends up getting a double clothesline from the Bombers. Quebec Coalition retains but it's the Bombers who are standing tall. 

AWA World Title Bout 

Bad News Brown (C) vs. Crusher Blackwell 

This one's hard hitting and physical. It's evenly matched during the first few minutes with both men getting in some serious blows. Blackwell gets the upper hand and has Brown reeling and bumping. Brown comes back and works Blackwell over with some Judo moves. The tide turns again and Blackwell turns it up. Blackwell puts Brown down with a back elbow smash, follows with a couple body slams and a vertical suplex. The fans are up and cheering for Blackwell. Blackwell swings Brown to the corner and charges for an Avalanche but Brown moves. Blackwell hits hard and staggers back as Brown nails him with the ghetto blaster 1..2..3! Clearly Brown is feeling the affects as he staggers up. Brown regroups and holds his title high. 

Larry Z & the Wild Bunch grab solid wins while getting the crowd revved up.

Billy Jack steals one from Peterson.

Technicians vs Venomous is a great battle of styles.

Canek breaks out of the cobra clutch to retain the International title.

Bombers & Coalition wage war. Another battle is certainly on the horizon.

Brown retains in a slugfest.

Three great matches in a row to finish the show!

Really happy to see El Canek overcome such an impressive challenge in the form of Gama Singh!

Great tag team action, with the whole thing left unsettled. I really hope the British Bombers can find a way to tip the balance!

Cool main event! Loved the visual of Jerry Blackwell missing his charge!

AWA @ The Dunn Center 7-24-87

The Original Midnight Express w/Norvell Austin defeated Salvatore Bellomo and Tim Patterson with a Double Hot Shot 

Scott "Powerhouse" Putski defeated Vinnie Valentino with the Polish Hammer, Vin Man had to be helped out.  

Commando Boone defeated Corporal Kirchner- During a Ref bump, Boone actually hit Kirchner with his own American flag. Boone followed with giant elbow drop for the tainted win. 

"The Beast" Rip Morgan defeated "Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly- In a rare heel vs. heel match, Kelly seemed a bit unfocused without The Vin Man. Morgan took advantage with a big boot to the head for the win

Polynesian Power vs. Carlos Colon and TNT w/Curtis Iaukea was declared a NO CONTEST- Both teams came out with kendo sticks and beat the hell out of each other before the bell even rang

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout 

The Bruise Brothers (Tony Atlas and Larry Cameron) w/the Snowman vs. The Cripplers

Due to the Freebird rule, it's Atlas and Cameron in the ring tonight. This doesn't seem to throw the Cripplers off their game as they come out with fists of fury. The Bruise Brothers put their strength to work and overpower the challengers for a good amount of time. Cripplers come back hard and almost get the win with a double rib breaker on Cameron. The match goes on for a few more hard hitting moments. The finish comes when the Ref is tied up with Cameron and Oliver fighting in the opposite corner. Snowman runs in the ring and nails Kerry with a running double axehandle to the back of his head. Atlas follows with a splash as the Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3! Bruise Brothers retain! 

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong, "The Fabulous One" Steve Keirn and "The Z-Man" Tom Zenk

vs.

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich, "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol and "Terrific" Terry Taylor w/Baby Doll 

There's a lot of commotion in the ring when Armstrong and Keirn show up without Zenk. Rich, Idol and Taylor are laughing when Rich grabs the mic. 

Rich: Hey boys, looks like you're a man short. Where's the Z-Man? (Laughs) Oh that's right, he got nailed upside his head with a chair, trying to be a hero. (Looks at Taylor) Great job Terry, or better yet, terrific job. 

Taylor smiles and pats himself on the back as Idol and Baby Doll applaud. 

Armstrong snatches the mic.

Armstrong: You know Tommy, I do agree with you on one thing. It's great to have friends. Tom Zenk will be back soon, count on it. However, we found a friend to fill in tonight. And you boys know him real well. 

Armstrong gives the mic back to the announcer and whispers in his ear. 

The crowd goes bonkers as JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER is announced as the substitute!!! 

Rich, Idol, and Taylor are having a meltdown. Baby Doll gets out of there as Lawler hits the ring with a vengeance. 

The bell rings and the place goes nuts. 

Lawler gives Rich a pounding! Armstrong is all over Idol as Keirn works over Taylor. The heels take a beating and get knocked through the ropes. The fans are going wild. 

Things eventually get as calm as can be and a match does happen. It's 40 minutes of heat filled action with everybody getting their shine. Of course the match ends with a pier six brawl. It's pure chaos! Armstrong clotheslines Idol over the top rope. Keirn dropkicks Taylor out of the ring. Baby Doll tosses Rich her purse (Obviously loaded) but Lawler intercepts it and wallops Rich with it. Rich spins around and goes down. Armstrong and Keirn go to the outside and pound away on Taylor and Idol. Lawler hoists up a lifeless Rich and piledrives him down 1..2..3! 

The fans blow the roof off the place! 

Enjoyed both house shows this week.  I was interested to see what you did with the Crusher Blackwell/Bad News match.  I wasn't sure which way you were going to go here.  I figured Bad News would come out with the belt but wasn't sure if you were going to have him dominate Crusher.  I like the even match you had here.  Makes each match more fun to read 

If I had only enough money for one of these shows, I would have been at the Dunn Center!  I enjoy those heel vs heel matches as I always try to figure out who the fans hate more.  The Beast got the win.  Wonder what would have happened if Vin Man was there.  Polynesian Power vs Iaukea's squad could fight 7 days a week and I wouldn't want to miss any of them.  You know how much I have enjoyed the Bruise Brothers.  Add Tony Atlas and I am all in.  I think it I like them even more as heels!  Throw in Wildfire, Idol, Taylor, Bullet, Keirn and I feel like I am a 10 year old kid again tunning in to Superstation 17!  Loved this card at the Dunn Center!  Then throw in Lawler who has become another one of my favorites since getting involved in this hobby .... WOW.

Great work!

OGMNE start the night with a solid win.

Powerhouse flattens the Vin Man, Yeah!

Boone using Ol' glory as a weapon must've got some good heat.

Morgan smashes a distracted Kelly.

Polynesian Power & Iaukea's killers will not be held back.

Iron & Steel reunite to fend off the challenge of the Cripplers.

Lawler is a more than suitable replacement & he comes through by pinning Rich.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 7-29-87

ring.jpg.6685bd9c84c982000a5099741f977605.jpg

Footage from the Dunn Center is shown as Jerry Lawler returns! 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another exciting edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Tremendous show lined up. You'll see Nick Busick defend the TV title against Scott Putski. Steve Keirn goes one on one with Terry Taylor. Rip Oliver of the Cripplers battles Wendell Cooley from the Wild Bunch. Ricky Steamboat returns to AWA television after a very successful tour of Japan. And we'll be hearing from Jerry Lawler. Fans, last week we all found out who was responsible for attacking the Glamour Boys. It was Phil Hickerson and Killer Brooks. Well, the match was made and it happens right now. 

The Glamour Boys vs. Phil Hickerson and Killer Brooks 

simpson.jpg.8a24c045e095a2272a24a2c3d5fa33bc.jpgsdoll.jpg.9546a5251ff01c4e4a0a2930b7489d4e.jpghickerson.jpg.ce2d6b14fd704e53a8bf3743291a0c64.jpgbrooks.jpg.a814d8baed56b2aab8bd1b48e3ae5874.jpg

Thundering boos as Hickerson and Brooks head towards the ring. The place explodes as the Glamour Boys sprint out and attack Hickerson and Brooks. The Glamour Boys double dropkick Brooks over the guard railing. They grab Hickerson and swing him into the steel post. Doll hops on the apron. Simpson slams Hickerson on the concrete as Doll follows with a flying elbow drop from the apron. Brooks stumbles over but the Glamour Boys grab him and double throat drop him on the guard railing. A swarm of officials come out. This match is obviously a No Contest. 

Resnick: My goodness, it looks like Hickerson and Brooks have made a huge mistake because the Glamour Boys have returned with a vengeance. 

Commercial Break 

"The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko vs. Clinton Stitch 

1484051026_larryz.jpg.191b83bb9ed53893bacae554b010d3fc.jpg

Larry gets major heat throughout the match. Larry wins it with a swinging neckbreaker.

Resnick: Larry Zbyszko, last week your former National tag team champ partner Al Perez was confronted and then brutally attacked by Austin Idol, Dream Machine, Alberto Madril and Tommy Rich. You came out, made a gesture, smiled and walked away, literally turning your back on your friend and former partner. Did you have anything to do with that beating? 

Larry: Resnick, I'm going to clear this up and make it real easy for an idiot like you and all these spudheads out here. First off, I have no affiliation whatsoever with Tommy Rich and his friends. It seems like Al Perez has rubbed certain people the wrong way. I have to admit, I was very entertained by the entire scene and had to come out for a closer look. Now, as far as Al Perez goes, we were never friends. What we had was simply a business arrangement, Once our title reign ended, which was Al's fault by the way, he was no longer useful to me. I'm on to bigger and better things. If I were Al Perez, I would stop using the heartthrob moniker and purchase a one way ticket out of the AWA. Al, that's free advice and my last favor to you. 

Commercial Break

"The Fabulous One" Steve Keirn vs. "Terrific" Terry Taylor 

keirn.jpg.87dcd55dc5af63f191f4e1f090dc17f9.jpgterry.jpg.ce70889ab72e95eb5c0072aa94ae01a8.jpg

These two match up well and go at it pretty hard. Both men are on their A game tonight and shine. A few minutes in, Taylor's in control. He hits a backbreaker and follows with a vertical suplex but can't put Keirn away. Taylor goes for a knee drop from the middle ropes but Keirn moves. Keirn fires up and unloads on Taylor, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Boos as Alberto Madril comes to ringside. Taylor staggers up as Keirn dropkicks him down. Keirn swings off the ropes but Madril trips him. The Ref looks back and starts yelling at Madril. Madril gets on the apron and yells back.

While the Ref is distracted, Taylor rakes Keirns eyes and hoists him up. The fans go wild as Tom Zenk runs in the ring and nails Taylor's back with a chair! Zenk sprints out. Madril sees this and is yelling at the Ref. The Ref turns around as Keirn covers Taylor 1..2..3! 

Madril runs in and is berating the Ref. Keirn nails Madril from behind and hurls him over the top rope. Madril staggers up but Zenk puts him down with a dropkick! The fans are going bonkers. 

Commercial Break 

Carlos Colon and TNT w/Curtis Iaukea vs. Todd Rooney and Car Kellerman

colon2.jpg.0b1809729f06a5a88182ec6ebdf57b33.jpgtnt.jpg.ec22f0acd9d3ea514ac84d75e11cb190.jpg 

TNT swings Rooney to the ropes and hits a flying spin kick, then tags in Colon. Colon goes to the top rope. TNT picks Rooney up as Colon puts him back down with a flying clothesline for the win. 

Iaukea looks in the camera and yells "Snuka! Kokina! This is for you!" Iaukea tosses Colon and TNT their kendo sticks. Colon and TNT proceed to beat their fallen opponents down with the kendo sticks. 

Commercial Break

An advertisement is shown for the AWA's next closed circuit event. Collision at the Coliseum, Saturday, September 3rd, from the Alumni Coliseum. THE WARGAMES ARE COMING! 

Rip Oliver w/Kerry Brown vs. Wendell Cooley w/Jesse Barr and Nelson Royal 

oliver.jpg.d2e9250547ed055503dda41da84cb1e2.jpgcooley2.jpg.9e8010d71eee8cb752203f4880ab66ae.jpg

The bell rings with Oliver and Cooley having a furious exchange. Tempers flare on the outside as Kerry and Barr start brawling. Barr gets the upper hand and holds Kerry as Nelson gets ready to hit Kerry with his branding iron but Kerry moves and Nelson hits Barr, Kerry grabs the branding iron and hits Nelson. 

Cooley sees this and heads to the outside, but Oliver sends him into the turnbuckles with a high knee from behind. Cooley hits hard and staggers back as Oliver rolls him up 1..2..3! Big Pop! 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: The Wild Bunch were not happy campers walking out of here. I'm sure their issues with the Cripplers is far from over. Fans, this weekend at the Williams Arena in Minneapolis you're going to see a rematch for the National tag titles as the Quebec Coalition will defend against the British Bombers. You're also going to see Jerry Blackwell battle Rip Morgan. And a Bootcamp match between Corporal Kirchner and Commando Boone. Here's what went down at the Dunn Center.

Footage is shown of Boone hitting Kirchner with the American flag to get the win. 

Kirchner follows with a fired up promo and says he's going to put Boone out of commission! 

Commercial Break 

AWA TV Title Bout 

Nick Busick (C) vs. Scott "Powerhouse" Putski 

busick.jpg.de786178dd6ea45803150bf04ad2153c.jpgputski.jpg.67044e38c0e3ca3225c6eefa28899ee0.jpg

These guys go at it hard but clean. The tide goes back and forth with each man scoring several near falls. Putski gets momentum going as he puts Busick down with a side suplex off the ropes 1..2..Kick Out. Putski swings Busick into the corner and follows with a running clothesline. Putski hip tosses Busick out. Putski goes to the top rope. Busick staggers up as Putski nails him with a double axehandle 1..2..Kick Out. Putski goes for a suplex but Busick blocks it and suplexes Putski. Busick regroups.

Busick swings Putski to the ropes and hits a swinging backbreaker. Busick swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop 1..2.Kick Out. Busick swings Putski to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Putski swings back and goes for a flying press but Busick catches him and turns it into a Spinebuster Slam 1..2..3!! Busick retains. 

Busick waits for Putski to catch his breath, then helps him up and shakes his hand. Putski raises Busick's arm as the fans cheer. Busick exits. Putski waits a minute while he continues to regroup. 

WHAM! Putski's nailed from behind by Kevin Kelly! Vin Man puts the boots to Putski. Kelly picks Putski up and clamps on the full nelson! Kelly wrenches away until Nick Busick runs in and clears the ring. Kelly and Vinnie strut out. Vinnie looks in the camera and says "YEA". Busick tends to Putski. 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the glowing pink 'Beauty Shop' sign, then pans down to Brenda Britton.

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg 

Britton: Hi everybody, wow do we have a big show tonight. I'm excited. But first, I have to say (looks at Yoshiaki Yatsu) Yoshi, still no news on the whereabouts of Gerry Morrow. But, you know me, I won't give up. Never!

Yoshiaki bows. 

Britton: Ok, I said we have a really big show and boy do we! My guests are the current AWA World Tag Team Champs, the Bruise Brothers! Here they come, Tony Atlas, Larry Cameron and The Snowman! WOW! Look at these physical specimens. It's no wonder they're world champions. Guys, you did the unthinkable when you dethroned Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami for those titles. I mean they held those belts since SuperClash and not to mention they won the NWA Crockett Cup. However, you guys came in and did it. You defeated arguably the greatest tag team in wrestling. 

Snowman: Of course we did! Those foreign chumps were soft. We humiliated them! 

Cameron: They were nothing but paper champs and we exposed them. Now I hear they went back home and are to ashamed to show their faces. Where's home? Land of the red sun rising? 

Snowman: Yea, well yellow fits them better. 

Atlas: Those cowards talk a big game about honor! They say that's what their culture is all about huh? As far as we're concerned they didn't show us one bit of honor. They ducked the Bruise Brothers for months. That makes them dishonorable cowards! When we finally had to back our way into a title match, we showed them what honor and pride was all about. Weaklings like them and their country is what keeps this world down. They should be ashamed! 

Yoshiaki Yatsu walks up to Atlas and stares him down.

Britton: Yoshi! What are you doing? Just calm down. 

The Bruise Brothers surround Yatsu.

Atlas: You got something to say boy? Do you even speak English? I suggest you back up with your tail between your legs, apologize and bow down to the AWA World tag team champs, the Bruise Brothers. 

Britton: Yoshi! You're ruining everything! Just bow and apologize and this is all over. 

Bruise Brothers step closer.

Atlas: What's it going to be boy? 

Yoshi holds up his hands and slowly backs up. The Bruise Brothers are nodding and smiling.

Britton: Thank goodness. I don't know what got into him. Tony, I sincerely apologize for his actions. 

Atlas: Brenda, you're ok with us and we accept. However, this boy needs to learn some manners and needs to bow down right now or we'll teach him something his country didn't, a lesson in respect. 

WHAM! Yoshi puts Atlas down with a karate kick! 

Cameron and Snowman are all over Yatsu. They put the boots to him and then hold him up. Atlas clears the cobwebs and staggers up. Atlas grabs Yoshi's head and forces him to bow. Atlas picks Yoshi up and holds him. Cameron and Snowman put Yoshi down with double axehandle smashes. 

Atlas: I hope you learned your lesson boy. 

Bruise Brothers exit to thundering boos. 

Britton: (Shakes her head in disgust) Oh Yoshi! We had a great thing going and you ruined everything. Good luck to you, you're going to need it. Until next week toooodles. 

Commercial Break 

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat vs. Neil Jordan 

steamboat.jpg.f258382c5b574a8f90e2e8565b4ed890.jpg

The fans are out of their seats cheering as Ricky Steamboat comes out. Steamboat gives them a great showcase and wins the match with a flying body press from the top rope! 

Resnick: My oh my, listen to this reaction. Ricky Steamboat, welcome back! A lot has changed since you've been in Japan. Bad News Brown is now the AWA world Champion. However, you were promised a world title shot and I'm proud to say that match will happen on September 3rd at Collison at the Coliseum. I know you have to be excited. 

Steamboat: Ken, it feels so good to be back home! (Steamboat waves to the cheering fans) As these people know, I held the AWA world title for almost a year and loved every minute of it. Every since losing it, I wanted nothing more than to regain it. I was sidetracked with my issues with Carlos Colon. After that ended, I won the number one contender's match. Next, I toured Japan. To sum it up, I'm in the best condition of my life and I'm ready for another world title run! 

Commercial Break 

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong vs. Trent Watkins

armstrong.jpg.f8eb98fbbeddcdeb6ab2023cee55703e.jpg

Armstrong gets the win with the Jawbreaker! 

Resnick: Bullet Bob, things are really heating up in the AWA. I know you have your issues with Dream Machine. 

Massive Boos as Tommy Rich, Austin Idol, Dream Machine and Baby Doll come out. 

Dream: Armstrong! You're in big trouble! We're here for some payback babay! 

Idol: Darling, you think you got one over on us but think again! 

Rich: I bet you got a real laugh in the Dunn Center, didn't you! 

Armstrong: I did find it amusing when Lawler dropped you on your head.

Rich: You wont be laughing long! 

Rich, Idol and Dream attack Armstrong! Baby Doll pushes Resnick out of the way.

They hurl Armstrong into the ring and beat him down. Dream drops a jumping elbow. Rich and Idol set up for a spike piledriver but the crowd explodes as JERRY LAWLER hits the ring! Lawler fiddles with something and throws a fireball towards them! Rich, Idol and Dream have never moved so fast! They flee the ring and sprint out of there! 

Lawler helps Armstrong up as the fans continue to rock the place. 

Next week's TV main event will be Jerry Lawler vs. Tommy Rich! 

I like your TV set up a lot. You can see that my effort has gone down in recent years but this is what thee types of games are all about. You've created a way to see your product and it comes across well. I am personally pushing for Steamboat to be the man in the AWA come 88 but he's got some climbing to do with others in his way. Oh yeah - more Tommy Rich - I love it - he has honestly become one of  my favorites over the last couple of years and the way you present him is amazing.

The Glamour Boys show Brooks & especially Hickerson they've learned a thing or two during all those battles with the Highwaymen.

Larry Z official cuts all ties with Perez, telling his former partner he's on his own.

Madril's interference backfires allowing Z Man to screw Taylor out of a win.

Colon & TNT are ready for war...

Which is perfect because WARGAMES ARE COMING TO THE AWA! HELL YEAH!

Cooley takes his eye off the prize & Oliver makes him pay.

Kirchner vs Boone in a Bootcamp match? Bring it on. Also hyped for the battle of the big men.

Busick retains in a competitive match that gets a stain on it when Kelly & Vinnie blindside Putski.

The Bruise Brothers get a little carried away taking shots at Japan causing Yoshi to stand up for his countrymen.

Steamboat is on a roll & ready for another run at the top.

Rich, Dream Machine & Idol try to take out the Bullet but flamethrowing King appears to run'em off.

Rich vs Lawler on TV? I'm sold!

Loving my weekly AWA reads!

Your roster has so many of my favorites that I just can't get enough.  The Glamour Boys and Hickerson/Brooks is such a contrast in styles that I am hooked.  Wonder why Brooks has up his sleeve.  Your promo of Larry Z was spot on.  I could just hear him saying ever word.  I used to find him so boring but now I think he is awesome!  Perez might, as Larry said, be looking for a new home soon.  To me Taylor and Keirn could do anything in wrestling and it wouldn't surprise me.  They are both great as heels or babyfaces.  They could be tag team champs , world champs or mid-carders.  I think this feud is going to see who gets a push and who might be looking for a job.  Bully is so over right now he could do anything.  He is a great example of how this game is not just taking the stars of the 80's and making them the focus.  We all get to put our spin on this and that is what makes it fun.  No matter what the Bruise Brothers do, they are my favorite team.  Poor Yoshiski!!  Steamboat may be going after the belt but to me, your biggest angle is Bullet, Lawler, Idol, Wildfire and Dream.  I think you did this perfect.  Some angles need a title to get it over and some don't.  The way you did it, makes two huge angles instead of one.  Great booking!

"Al, that's free advice and my last favour to you." I really dug that line!

A nice bit of revenge for Tom Zenk gives Steve Keirn the win. Great to see!

It sells Nick Busick's strength really well to have him catch Scott Putski like that!

Loved the ending, the interaction with Bob Armstrong followed by another cavalry charge from Jerry Lawler!

AWA @ The Williams Areana, Minneapolis MN, 7-31-87

The Original Midnight Express w/Norvell Austin defeated Salvatore Bellomo and Stoney Burke with a double flapjack.

"The Great" Gama Singh defeated Tim Patterson with the Cobra Clutch.

The Technicians vs. Venomous- These teams have been tearing it up at the house shows and battle to another 10 minute draw. 

"Dynamite" DJ Peterson vs. Billy Jack Strong- These guys have been feuding and have traded wins back and forth. Tonight DJ gets the win with a reverse roll up. 

Crusher Blackwell defeated "The Beast" Rip Morgan by DQ- After a few minutes of bloody brawling, Morgan hit Blackwell with his chain right in front of the Ref. Boos when Morgan put his boot on Blackwell's chest and swung his chain around like a madman. 

The Quebec Coalition (C) w/Frenchy Martin vs. The British Bombers

Another fantastic match up between two top teams. They go full throttle and show off excellent chemistry. At the 20 minute mark both teams are in the ring fighting. While the Ref is guiding Dave back, Charland and Lefon hit Smith with a double rib breaker for the win. Quebec Coalition retain! 

Jerry "The King" Lawler, "The Fabulous One" Steve Keirn and "The Z-Man" Tom Zenk

vs.

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich, "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol and The Dream Machine w/Baby Doll

The fans get their money's worth with this one. 45 minutes of roller coaster action. Everybody shines. Fired up babyface moments, serious heat segments by the heels, brawling and blood. During yet another pier six brawl, ALBERTO MADRIL hits the ring in street clothes and nails Jerry Lawler with a baseball bat. Rich covers as the Ref counts 1..2..3! BOOOOOO! 

BOOT CAMP MATCH! 

Corporal Kirchner vs. Commando Boone 

From one wild match to another. This isn't pretty but these two give the fans one bloody battle. Boone turns things up a notch when he slammed Kirchner on the announcer's table. He followed by slamming Kirchner on the concrete and hitting a leg drop. Boone made the mistake of going for a big splash but Kirchner barley rolled out of the way as Boone hit the splash on the concrete! It took a bit, but the fans chants fired Kirchner up. Kirchner took off his boot. As Boone staggered up to the apron, Kirchner walloped him with his boot. Kirchner heaved Boone under the ropes and into the ring. Kirchner went to the top rope, jumped off and nailed Boone's head with the boot. Kirchner raised his boot to the cheering crowd and dropped several boot shots on Boone. Kirchner swung off the ropes and hit a jumping knee drop 1..2..3! Huge Pop! 

OGMNE & Gama get a chance to flex.

Technicians & Venomous remains an even match.

Speaking of which, DJ & Billy Jack continue to jockey for position.

Morgan gets DQ'd but Blackwell doesn't look like a winner.

Coalition take advantage of a distracted ref to retain the gold.

Madril helps Rich & co get payback on the King.

Kirchner wins a bloody Bootcamp match to send the fans home happy.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 8-5-87

Footage from the Williams Arena is shown. Quebec Coalition retain the National tag titles over the British Bombers. Rip Morgan blasting Crusher Blackwell with his chain. Colon, TNT and Polynesian Power beating each other with kendo sticks. Corporal Kirchner winning the Boot Camp Match by hitting Commando Boone several times with his boot. And Alberto Madril hits Jerry Lawler with a baseball bat to give Rich, Idol and Dream Machine the tainted win. 

Lance Russell: Hello everyone and welcome to another exciting edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Jerry Jarrett will be out here with some big news regarding the upcoming closed circuit event, Collision at the Coliseum. We'll hear comments from AWA World Champ Bad News Brown. Lot's of action, including Tom Zenk taking on Alberto Madril. And of course the big main event with Jerry Lawler going one on one with Tommy Rich. Well, let's get to the ring. 

The Glamour Boys vs. Clinton Stitch and Royce Graber 

simpson.jpg.8a24c045e095a2272a24a2c3d5fa33bc.jpgsdoll.jpg.9546a5251ff01c4e4a0a2930b7489d4e.jpg

The fans are up and cheering as the Glamour Boys kick things off with some high octane offense. Glamour Boys hit the Glam Slam Thank You Maam for the exciting win. 

Resnick: Glamour Boys! Last week you returned with a vengeance and sent a powerful message to Phil Hickerson and Killer Brooks. 

Simpson: Ken, since that parking lot attack, we've been counting down the days. It appears Hickerson still has unfinished business with us. Hey! We're ready to go down that road again! 

Doll: We've should've known Hickerson was behind the attack. He opened this can again and got Killer Brooks involved. Doesn't matter!  Hickerson! Anytime! Anyplace! 

Commercial Break 

"Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly w/The Vin Man vs. Trent Watkins 

kelly.jpg.2989948565b26937ea89b8960bba2ce7.jpgvin.jpg.b8e1273e6aadc39b3657fe9bf23f5f70.jpg

Vinnie applauds as Kelly clamps on the full nelson and gets the win. Kelly continues to wrench away before tossing Watkins across the ring. 

Vinnie cuts a promo on Scott Putski. Saying last week proved he doesn't have what it takes to be a champion in the AWA but the Magnificent Kevin Kelly sure does...YEA!  

Commercial Break 

"Crippler" Rip Oliver w/Kerry Brown vs. Arnie Goldstein 

oliver.jpg.d2e9250547ed055503dda41da84cb1e2.jpg

Ken Resnick announces that this weekend at the Louisville Convention Center, Rip Oliver will get an AWA World title shot. 

Oliver gets in a good tune up and wins the match with a flying forearm from the middle ropes. 

Cripplers cut a promo as Oliver says he's ready for his big opportunity against Bad News Brown. Kerry says he supports his partner 100%. 

Commercial Break 

"The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko vs. Ray Glader 

1484051026_larryz.jpg.191b83bb9ed53893bacae554b010d3fc.jpg

As usual Zbyszko gets major heat with the fans. They boo him the entire match. Zbyszko wins it with a swinging neckbreaker. 

Resnick: Larry. it seems your words last week really rubbed these fans the wrong way.

Larry: Well, that's really too bad. What? These spudheads can't take some brutal honesty? Al Perez was never a friend. He chose a different path and he paid dearly. I wasn't obligated to help him. I'm bored talking about it. 

Cheers as Corporal Kirchner comes out.

kirchner.jpg.a7dbc455e6129723c65548500bec3f3f.jpg

Kirchner: Ken, I'm sorry to interrupt but I just can't listen to this anymore. Zbyszko, you say Perez wasn't a friend, fine. You say it was just business, fine. However, I don't care what you say, he was your partner and you left him behind. In my book that makes you a coward! 

Massive cheers! 

Zbyszko: (gives a disgusted look to the fans) Look Kirchner, I wouldn't expect a toy soldier like you to understand. You're too emotional and that will get you nowhere in this business. Speaking of business, why don't you mind yours. So be a good little soldier, turn around and march away. 

Kirchner: I've got a better idea.

Larry: Oh yea? Enlighten me Private Spudhead. 

The fans go wild as Kirchner knocks Larry down with a punch! 

Kirchner: That's a challenge! 

Kirchner leaves as Larry lays there holding his chin. Resnick is smirking. 

Commercial Break 

"The Beast" Rip Morgan vs. Harry Bannister 

rip.jpg.79204e93ea07378975a297575080f041.jpg

Morgan is brutal tonight and puts his opponent out of his misery with a big boot to the head. Morgan grabs his chain and swings it wildly. 

Resnick announces that Morgan will team with Carlos Colon and TNT in a 6 man tag match against Crusher Blackwell and Polynesian Power this weekend in Louisville. 

Commercial Break 

"Everybody's Compadre" Alberto Madril vs. "The Z-Man" Tom Zenk 

alberto.jpg.12191c27cbf7dbc6cccf3ee9f6649642.jpgzenk.jpg.271cb3c06fa5b064cc0c81a91ec57709.jpg

Seesaw battle for the first few minutes as Zenk pulls out all his high flying moves while Madril breaks every rule in the book. Things get crazy when the Ref gets sandwiched and takes a hard shot, then goes down. Zenk has things going his way, until TERRY TAYLOR hits the ring and nails Zenk with a flying 5 Arm! As Taylor tries to help Madril up, STEVE KEIRN runs in and clotheslines Taylor over the top rope! Keirn grabs Madril and hits a reverse neckbreaker! Keirn rolls Zenk on top of Madril. Keirn exits. The Ref crawls over and counts 1..2..3! Taylor charges Keirn and they fight all around the ring. Madril and Zenk eventually stagger up and join in on the fight. 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the glowing pink 'Beauty Shop' sign, then pans down on Brenda Britton. 

Britton: Hi everybody! I must admit, I'm still trying to process what happened last week. I have no idea why Yoshi got so mad. I mean the Bruise Brothers were just speaking the truth. Well, I heard Yoshi went back to Japan. See, the Bruise Brothers were right, when the going gets tough, the Japanese get going back to Japan. Well, I do think my guests tonight will put a happier spin on the Beauty Shop. Please welcome out the AWA National Tag Team Champs, the Quebec Coalition along with their manager Frenchy Martin. 

lafon.jpg.0e70bfc688990f8c2716cc05b521c209.jpgcharland.jpg.f9285405741e55c8e529a2262081f7e6.jpgfrenchy.jpg.4a3f521b7a51982d6e031fd38e330704.jpg

Charland and Lefon smile and hold up their titles as Frenchy waves the Quebec Flag. 

Britton: Frenchy, you've done a tremendous job. These guys look like true champions. Now, as you know I get all the scoops. Next week on TV, the Technicians are going to wrestle Venomous, and the winners will get a National tag title match at Collison at the Coliseum. Your thoughts? 

Frenchy: Brenda, like you say, de Quebec Coalition are a wrecking tag team machine! They are unified! There is no team in de AWA dat can match their chemistry. So, you see, it does not matter who wins de match next week, because my Quebec Coalition simply wont be defeated. Just ask de British Bombers. 

Britton: Frenchy, you have a wonderful way with words. This was an absolute pleasure. Until next week, tooooodles! 

Gerry Morrow's picture pops up with the usual message. Any info on his whereabouts please call 555-SHOP immediately. 

Commercial Break

Polynesian Power vs. Clyde Putnam and Jorge Guiterrez 

kokina.jpg.f9f06b888f30e4c1a37fbeaab73456ba.jpgsnuka.jpg.96e95419cbbdc9b69d07261afa06ad3f.jpg

Kokina hits the Samoan Drop and Snuka follows with the Superfly Splash for the win! 

Polynesian Power cut a wild and incoherent promo about getting their hands on Colon and TNT this weekend in the 6- man tag match. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick announces the Venomous/Technicians match for next week with the winners getting a National tag title match at Collison at the Coliseum. Also, next week, DJ Peterson will take on current rival Billy Jack Strong, the winner will get an AWA TV title shot at Collison. Also, next week, Nick Busick defends the AWA TV title against Commando Boone. Our main event when we return. 

Commercial Break 

Footage from last week is shown as Lawler clears the ring with a fireball! 

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Tommy "Wildfire" Rich w/Baby Doll 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpgtommy.jpg.3df03030a01d7e69bfbf8ecf64dcb877.jpg

The bell rings but Baby Doll is distracting Lawler. Rich tries to hit Lawler from behind but Lawler turns around and pounds away on Rich. Lawler back drops Rich. Rich staggers up as Lawler clotheslines him down. Lawler picks up Rich and hits a delayed vertical suplex. Lawler stands up and follows with a jumping knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Lawler swings Rich into the corner and follows with a running shoulder thrust. Lawler hits several more shoulder thrusts, grabs Rich by his hair and tosses him across the ring. Rich rolls under the ropes and falls onto the concrete. Baby Doll runs over to comfort him. 

WHAM! Lawler's hit from behind by Austin Idol and Dream Machine! The Ref signals for the DQ. Idol and Dream put the boots to Lawler! Wait a minute! Bob Armstrong hits the ring with a chair! Idol gets out in time but Armstrong tags Dream's back as Dream sails through the ropes. The fans are going bonkers. Armstrong helps Lawler up. Rich staggers up and starts yelling up at Lawler and Armstrong. Idol helps Dream up. They're hitting the apron and pointing up at Lawler and Armstrong. It's intense! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, my guest at this time is the AWA President, Jerry Jarrett. Jerry, I understand you have some big news regarding Collision at the Coliseum. 

Jarrett: Thank you Lance. As you know, on Saturday September 3rd, the AWA will present its next closed circuit event, Collision at the Coliseum from the Alumni Coliseum. Before I get to that, on Friday September 2nd, the AWA will have a very special TV show called Collision Countdown which will be held in our old stomping grounds, the Roanne Fieldhouse. I promise you will see some exciting matches. Now, as you have heard, the War Games are coming to Collision at the Coliseum. We've seen all the heated issues and they will be settled in the War Games. 2 Rings inside a steel cage. 2 men start, a coin toss will determine the order as every 2 minutes another man enters. Once every man is in, the War Games begins and it's submit or surrender. On one side will be Tommy Rich, Austin Idol, Dream Machine, Terry Taylor and Alberto Madril. They will be facing the team of Jerry Lawler, Bob Armstrong, Steve Keirn, Tom Zenk and Al Perez. Perez is cleared for action and wanted to waste no time. Not only is he in the War Games match but next week at the Monroe Civic Center he gets his match with Austin Idol. We'll hear from Al Perez next week. 

Lance: My goodness, that's a lot to take in. Truly that will be the most violent match in AWA history. 

Jarrett: And that's not all. At Collison at the Coliseum, Bad News Brown will defend the AWA world title against Ricky Steamboat. This is pending on if Brown is still the world champ. No matter what, Steamboat will get his shot at Collision. This is going to be one epic night of wrestling...

Boos as AWA World Champ Bad News Brown comes out with the title on his shoulder.

1523393988_badnews.jpg.f11c2fc3ef6a3d2afbd8ef4b160b3e85.jpg

Brown: Let me ask you a question Jarrett. What do you mean, if I'm still the champion? 

Jarrett: Well, you do have a title defense against Rip Oliver this weekend. You never know, things could change. 

Brown: Jarrett! You are a dummy! You can send in any beer belly sharecropper you want but nobody is taking this here title from me! Oliver's just an irritating obstacle in my way. As for Steamboat, he just aint tough enough. The man's soft! As for you Jarrett, I don't play the politics game, so you better watch yourself. You might be the president but if you ever sell me short again, I won't hesitate a second to put this fist in your face! 

Lance: Whoa, ok Brown, just relax. No need for threats. 

Brown: Don't tell me to relax! You aint safe either Lance! I'm Bad News Brown and I'm running things around here and there aint a damn thing anybody can do about it! 

Bad News storms off. 

Jarrett: I'm going to let that slide but he is on thin ice. Lance, the Collison is coming and it's going to get violent. 

The Glamour Boys are fired up & ready for a fight.

Kelly & Vin Man call out Putski.

Oliver is looking good ahead of his shot at the World Title.

Zbyszko may be tired of talking about Perez but Kirchner has something to say.

Morgan dominates before what promises to be a chaotic 6 man tag.

Taylor & Kiern both interfere on the road to a Zenk win.

Brenda reveals a major #1 contenders match for next week.

Polynesian Power is on the hunt.

Rich v Lawler ends in pandemonium as Dream, Idol & Armstrong all get involved.

Jarrett drops massive announcements for Collision in the Coliseum which ignites the fans but draws the ire of Bad News.

AWA @ The Louisville Convention Center 8-7-87

The British Bombers defeated Stoney Burke and Gene Ligon- Smith clipped Burke behind the knees as Dave hit his running forearm smash

Commando Boone defeated Salvatore Bellomo with the Avalanche 

"Dynamite" DJ Peterson and Scott "Powerhouse" Putski defeated Billy Jack Strong and "Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly w/The Vin Man- While DJ and Strong were brawling, Vinnie got on the apron, but Putski pushed Kelly into him and rolled Kelly up for the pin

Jesse Barr w/Wendell Cooley and Nelson Royal defeated Kerry Brown- Having to deal with both Cooley and Nelson proved to be too much for Kerry. Nelson distracted the Ref as Cooley hit Kerry with a branding iron allowing Barr to get the tainted win. 

Polynesian Power and Crusher Blackwell vs. Carlos Colon, TNT and "The Beast" Rip Morgan w/Curtis Iaukea- After a lot of brawling and a lot of bloodshed, this match went to a DOUBLE DQ. The fighting continued as these guys brought out kendo sticks, chairs and chains. Craziness at its best. 

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat defeated "The Great" Gama Singh- these two gave the fans a 20 minute wrestling clinic that finally ended with Steamboat hitting the flying press from the top rope for the win. This matched proved that Steamboat is ready for his world title shot and Gama is still a serious contender. 

The Dream Machine. "Terrific" Terry Taylor and "Everybody's Compadre" Alberto Madril defeated "Bullet" Bob Armstrong, "The Fabulous One" Steve Keirn and "The Z-Man" Tom Zenk- Another action packed roller coaster match! The match was intense with serious heat. At the 40 minute mark a pier six brawl breaks out. Dream Machine hit Keirn with a loaded masked headbutt. Keirn staggered back as Madril grabbed him and hit a running bulldog for the crowd hating win. The fans did get to cheer when Armstrong and Zenk hurled Madril out of the ring. Armstrong then clotheslined Dream over the top rope, went out, grabbed a wooden chair and shattered it over Dream's head. While that was going on, Taylor was on the outside as Zenk nailed him with a flying dropkick from the apron! A nice preview to War Games. 

AWA World Title Bout 

Bad News Brown (C) vs. "Crippler" Rip Oliver 

Oliver expected a fight so he came in with true grit. These guys went back and forth and the fists were flying. Oliver showed off his toughness with slams, clotheslines, forearm blasts, and knee drops. Brown came back hard with Judo moves, clubbing fists, kicks and stomps. Oliver regained momentum and almost put Brown away with a flying forearm smash from the middle ropes. Then Brown went on a rampage after hot shotting Oliver on the top rope. Brown swung Oliver front face into the corner. Olive hit hard and staggered back as Brown put him down with the Ghetto Blaster for the win! Brown retains and lets the fans know he's top dog in the AWA. 

I never thought I would say this but because of you, Larry Z is becoming one of my favorites in the game.  His one-liners are classic Larry Z... from Spudhead to toy soldier, I was all in.

From the Glamour Boys to Hickerson/Brooks to Vin Man and Kelly to Madril and Zenk, you are the master of the midcard!  I think you and Rain do a great job of finding an important role for everyone on your roster!  Combine those midcarders with all the stars and the huge Memphis type feuds and you got a money making machine.  While I never knew about the MId-South Coliseum as a kid, from what I read and watched about it, it was to Memphis fans what the Omni was to Georgia fans.  I love when you put your big shows there.  To me, this just adds to the excitement.  I remember Gene once saying that the venues in our game were underrated and shows could take place on the moon in our fictional game.  I see his point but I also like the nostalgia of the old time buildings as we try to relive our past!

Looking forward to your version of WarGames!

I think Bad News hit the nail on the head.  Oliver has no shot!

Onto Louisville! 

Very well booked card!

Steamboat and Bad News get stronger to set up their title match at the Coliseum.

The chaos of the Iaukea/Polynesian Power 6 Man tag match was expected and needed!  

The other 6 man match with Madril/Taylor/Bullet/Keirn etc... was really well done where the only way the heels could get the win was with some questionable tactics!

Great Job!!

British Bombers & Boone start the night with some solid wins.

Vin Man accidentally costs his man & Billy Jack against Dynamite & the Powerhouse.

It takes 3 men to take down Brown.

Polynesian Power & Blackwell/Morgan & Iaukea's killers ends in...chaos? Who could've predicted that?

Gama puts in a strong effort but can't overcome the Dragon.

Madril wins for his team but Armstrong & Zenk will be getting all the headlines.

Bad News retains in a slobberknocker. He really is the AWA's top dog.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 8-12-87

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. A lot happening tonight. Venomous battles the Technicians for a National tag team title shot at Collison at the Coliseum. Billy Jack Strong takes on DJ Peterson, with the winner getting a TV title shot at Collison. Speaking of the TV title, Nick Busick defends his TV title against Commando Boone. Brenda Britton will have a Collison at the Coliseum update. All that and a lot more. I do have a big announcement regarding the show at the Monroe Civic Center this weekend. Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami have been granted special permission to leave their tour of Japan early. This weekend, they will team with Yoshiaki Yatsu to take on all 3 Bruise Brothers. We all saw the Bruise Brothers disgraceful attack on Yatsu a couple weeks ago on the Beauty Shop. 

Boos as the Bruise Brothers come out. Snowman and Cameron are holding the world tag straps. 

Atlas: I am right once again! Those Japanese boys get a match (snaps his fingers) just like that. That no good bias Jerry Jarrett didn't even inform us until today. You know what Lance? We don't even care. We beat those overrated chumps to win these here titles and then we beat down on that coward Yahtzee. He was so scared he went back to Japan. So what? Now they think they're going to come back for some payback? That aint gonna happen. Lance, watch us in action right now and you and all these boneheaded idiots will see why! 

AWA World Tag Team Champs The Bruise Brothers vs. Sam Smith, Royce Graber and Jackie Wolf 

atlas.jpg.aeceb2b810ca79d7f91aa2a5858eded3.jpgsnowman.jpg.8707a32a546277c3841293ff0d0c1573.jpgcameron.jpg.9a3062af92b41b9e4224044b78503c0e.jpg

Pure squash as the Bruise Brothers take turns destroying their opponents. Atlas performs a military press slam on Graber. Snowman and Cameron swing Graber to the ropes and finish him off with double running axehandles to the head. 

Commercial Break 

Winner gets a TV title shot at Collison at the Coliseum 

"Dynamite" DJ Peterson vs. Billy Jack Strong

dj.jpg.d21b85baa6a0067301952f842af11acd.jpgbilly.jpg.0c6386f5a8b4fc47568d78e9a72f1fdc.jpg

These two having been going at it and trading wins all across the house show loops. However, the stakes have never been higher for this match. 

A furious fist exchange happens as soon as the bell rings. DJ gets the upper hand and punches Strong against the ropes. DJ clotheslines Strong over the top. Strong gets up and staggers around as DJ nails him with a forearm blast from the apron. DJ grabs Strong and hurls him into the ring. DJ goes to the top rope. Strong staggers up as DJ hits him with a double axehandle 1..2..Kick Out. DJ swings Strong into the corner and charges in but Strong lifts his boots and nails DJ's incoming face. Strong regroups.

Strong bodyslams DJ and follows with a vertical suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Strong angrily stomps away on DJ. Strong picks up DJ and swings him hard into the turnbuckles. Strong charges in but DJ runs forward and puts Strong down with a clothesline. DJ shakes the cobwebs. 

DJ swings Strong to the ropes and back drops him. DJ swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. DJ picks Strong up but Strong rakes his eyes, puts his arm behind his back and rams DJ shoulder first into the turnbuckles. Strong grabs DJ and again rams him shoulder first into the turnbuckles. Strong hoists DJ up and hits a shoulder breaker 1..2..3! String exits the ring and gives the camera a double bicep pose and then motions around his waist. 

Commercial Break 

Phil Hickerson and Killer Brooks vs. Todd Rooney and Ray Glader 

hickerson.jpg.ce2d6b14fd704e53a8bf3743291a0c64.jpgbrooks.jpg.a814d8baed56b2aab8bd1b48e3ae5874.jpg

Hickerson and Brooks are aggressive tonight. Brooks hits a knee drop from the middle ropes on Glader, then tags in Hickerson. Hickerson picks up Glader, swings him to the ropes and wins the match with a sidewalk slam. 

Resnick: Ok, Phil Hickerson, Killer Brooks, we all found out you two were responsible for that cowardly parking lot attack on the Glamour Boys. However, after that in ring encounter you had with them 2 weeks ago, I think you guys made a terrible mistake. Especially you Phil. 

Brooks: Watch your mouth wimp! We're tough, we're bad and we aint no cowards! Those sissy boys are going to find that out this weekend at the Monroe Civic Center! 

Hickerson: Glamour Boys! Glamour Boys! Yea, I opened up the can again and this won't end until I rid you two punks from wrestling once and for all! We can't wait to give you two gals the beatings of your sorry lives this weekend! 

Commercial Break 

Corporal Kirchner vs. Trent Watkins

kirchner.jpg.a7dbc455e6129723c65548500bec3f3f.jpg

The USA chants are full blast as Kirchner comes to the ring waving the American Flag. Kirchner gets in a good showcase and wins the match with the Fireman's Carry Slam! 

Resnick: Ok, Corporal Kirchner, last week you took offense to the actions of Larry Zbyszko and called him out on it. He responded with some disparaging remarks and you responded with a punch to his face and a challenge. Well, it's been made official. It will be you and Larry Zbyszko one on one at Collision at the Coliseum. 

Kirchner: Ken, I'm a military man, true and blue. Rule number one is you never leave your partner behind. I know the kind of man Larry Zbyszko is and after I get done with him at Collision at the Coliseum, he'll be unfit for further duty.  

Commercial Break 

"Terrific" Terry Taylor vs. Clyde Putnam 

terry.jpg.ce70889ab72e95eb5c0072aa94ae01a8.jpg

Taylor is as arrogant as ever and wins the match with a flying 5 Arm. 

Resnick: Terry, you heard the blockbuster announcement last week. You'll be involved in the War Games. You and Tom Zenk have been going around and around. Well, he'll be on the opposing team. 

Taylor: Hey, I now have back issues from carrying Tom Zenk for so long. However, in the War Games, I'll be teaming with men I know I can count on. Great men like Tommy Rich, Austin Idol, Alberto Madril and the Dream Machine. They can depend on me because I'm going to rip Zenk apart and make him submit. That will be my pleasure. 

Commercial Break

Winners get a National Tag Team title shot at Collision at the Coliseum 

Venomous w/Gama Singh vs. The Technicians 

scorp2.jpg.02f9dd455c9557ec5246ac4c06be361a.jpgcobra.jpg.62d019d2a8dbb40b7f20875c706adb0e.jpgfleming.jpg.80e9d15ee8801ea0a345a67ffb2e84e9.jpgbradr.jpg.49257ef1337b50e83953d543fa369183.jpg

These teams have wrestled several times with each match ending in a draw. The first few minutes is back and forth fast paced action. Both teams show off tremendous teamwork and chemistry. Technicians get momentum and show off their outstanding technical wrestling skills. The tide turns, thanks to Gama tripping Rheingans. Venomous work Rheingans over with high octane moves and double teaming. Rheingans finally makes the hot tag to Fleming.  Fleming goes on a suplex spree until Gama once again interferes behind the Ref's back. The fans cheer when Corporal Kirchner runs out and wallops Gama. Scorpio is irate and starts yelling down at Kirchner. Fleming grabs Scorpio from behind. Cobra runs in but Rheingans puts him down with a Cutter. Fleming hits a German suplex on Scorpio 1..2..3! Huge Pop! 

Commercial Break 

The Camera zooms in on Brenda Britton, who's standing in front of an AWA banner. 

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome to the Collision at the Coliseum update. This spectacular event will be held at the Alumni Coliseum in Richmond Kentucky on September 3rd. I always get the scoops, so here you go. Next week there will be an official contract signing between AWA world champ Bad News Brown and his challenger Ricky Steamboat. That's going to be an epic match for the AWA world title. I know it! Another match signed for Collison will be Crusher Blackwell versus Rip Morgan. That wont be for the weak at heart, that's for sure. Listen to this match. Polynesian Power will battle Carlos Colon and TNT in an anything goes match. My goodness! Our AWA International Champ El Canek is currently on tour in Australia. However, he has agreed to an open challenge title defense at Collision. Bad move on Canek's part if you ask me. As if all this wasn't enough, there's the War Games match. The most violent match in wrestling. 2 rings, inside a steel cage, submit or surrender! On one side, Jerry Lawler, Bob Armstrong, Tom Zenk, Steve Keirn and Al Perez, yuck! On the other, Tommy Rich, Austin Idol, Dream Machine, Alberto Madril and Terry Taylor, yay! I can't wait for that one. This is shaping up to be something special. Until next week, tooooodles. 

Commercial Break 

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez vs. Franklin Tate 

alp.jpg.385babc5f99261bd7642a5fc6931960f.jpg

Perez's knee is taped but he looks incredible tonight and wins the match with the helicopter drop. 

Footage is shown from a few weeks ago when Austin Idol confronted Al Perez about using the Heartthrob moniker. Tommy Rich and Dream Machine joined along with Alberto Madril as the translator. Perez wouldn't back down and that led to a 4 on 1 beating. Idol and Rich worked over Al's knee and gave him a spiked piledriver. Idol then applied the Las Vegas Leglock. Tom Zenk tried to help but was ambushed by Terry Taylor and a chair. While all this was going on, Larry Zbyszko came out, smiled and walked away. 

Resnick: First off, welcome back Al Perez. You look fantastic. You just saw the footage. You wanted in the War Games and you're in. But first you have a one on one match with Austin Idol this weekend at the Monroe Civic Center. 

Perez: Luckily there's no permanent damage to my knee, which I guess proves Austin Idol and his goons aren't as tough as they think they are. Idol! You started this and...

Thundering boos as Austin Idol struts out.

Idol: Hang on a minute darling. We've got important business to talk about. I thought I told you not to use the Heartthrob name again. Are you stupid? Didn't Alberto spell it out for you? Didn't we beat some sense into you? Why the hell are you still using the name? 

WHAM! Perez tackles Idol and just starts unloading on him with punches! Perez stomps on Idol's knee and the crowd goes crazy when Perez applies the figure four! 

Massive boos as Tommy Rich runs out and stomps on Perez. Rich picks up Perez and slams him on the concrete. Rich helps Idol up. Idol's limping around. Rich picks up a chair. 

The place goes bonkers as Jerry Lawler runs out and nails Rich from behind! Lawler stomps away on Rich. Idol hobbles over and hits Lawler. Perez gets up and clips Idol from behind. Lawler picks up Rich and swings him into the steel post. Terry Taylor runs out but is tackled from behind by Tom Zenk! All hell's breaking loose! A swarm of officials run out to break it up. 

Commercial Break 

AWA TV Title Bout 

Nick Busick (C) vs. Commando Boone 

busick.jpg.de786178dd6ea45803150bf04ad2153c.jpgboone.jpg.aa44af1a20fb06040babc66d7da137c4.jpg

The bell rings, Busick swings off the ropes and tries a shoulder block on Boone but Boone doesn't budge. Busick tries it again but Boone runs forward and plows Busick down. Boone picks up Busick and slams him down hard. Boone hits a standing leg drop 1..2..Busick gets his shoulder up. Boone chokes away on Busick, picks him up by the throat and choke slams him down 1..2..Busick barely gets his shoulder up. A frustrated Boone berates the Ref. Boone picks up Busick, swings him to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Busick swings back and clotheslines Boone, but Boone doesn't go down. Busick hops on the middle turnbuckles and puts Boone down with a flying clothesline! Busick hops on the middle ropes and drops an elbow on Boone 1..2..Kick Out. Busick swings Boone into the corner. As Busick charges in, Boone grabs the Ref and uses him as a shield as Busick charges in. The Ref goes down. 

Busick checks on the Ref. Boone grabs Busick but Busick turns around and hammers away on Boone. The fans are up and cheering as Busick body slams Boone! Busick is pumped up.

WHAM! Busick is nailed from behind by Billy Jack Strong! Strong hurls Busick out of the ring. Strong goes out and rams Busick shoulder first into the steel post. Strong hoists Busick up and delivers a shoulder breaker! 

The Ref comes to and signals for the bell. The official decision is a DQ on Boone for pushing him in front of Busick. Busick retains but is hurting bad thanks to Billy Jack Strong. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Nick Busick looks to be in bad shape right now. I'm sure he'll be more than ready for Strong at Collison. Fans, I've been informed that there will be a change in the Monroe Civic Center card. It will now be a tag match as Jerry Lawler will team with Al Perez to take on Tommy Rich and Austin Idol. I advise you to get your tickets now. I'll see you next week. 

Collision at the Coliseum 

Saturday, Sept. 3rd

Alumni Coliseum, Richmond KY 

The War Games Match! 

Jerry Lawler, Bob Armstrong, Steve Keirn, Tom Zenk and Al Perez

vs.

Tommy Rich, Austin Idol, Dream Machine, Alberto Madril, and Terry Taylor 

AWA World Title Bout 

Bad News Brown (C) vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat 

The Quebec Coalition (C) w/Frenchy Martin vs. The Technicians 

AWA TV Title Bout 

Nick Busick (C) vs. Billy Jack Strong 

AWA International Open Challenge Title defense

El Canek (C) vs. ???

Anything Goes Tag Team Match

Polynesian Power vs. Carlos Colon and TNT w/Curtis Iaukea 

"The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko vs. Corporal Kirchner 

Crusher Blackwell vs. "The Beast" Rip Morgan 

More matches TBA 

Lance running down a stacked show tonight with major title implications throughout. Then to top it off he reveals a huge 6 man tag for the weekend. Bruise Brothers take offense then take it out on their opponents. Yahtzee, lol.

Strong wins a tough match against rival Peterson & now has a shot at the TV title in the Alumni Coliseum.

Hickerson & Brooks aren't letting that beating they got 2 weeks ago psyche them out.

Kirchner v Zbyszko is on for Richmond. Definitely looking forward to seeing if the Corporal can shut Larry Z up.

Gotta give Taylor credit, he doesn't seem to be sweating War Games.

Kirchner's night isn't over as he neutralizes Gama allowing The Technicians to punch their ticket to Collision in the Coliseum.

A contract signing in wrestling? What could go wrong? If Blackwell & Morgan don't tear the building down then the anything goes tag match will. Brenda's right, an open challenge is a big risk.

Before War Games we get the Battle of the Heartthrobs.

Boone may have gotten DQ'd but it's Buisick that looks like a loser thanks to Strong's blindside.

The Coliseum show truly is shaping up to be something big.

AWA @ The Ellis Auditorium, Memphis TN 8-13-87

Scott "Powerhouse" Putski defeated "Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly w/The Vin Man- Kelly and Vinnie threw a major tantrum after Putski pushed Kelly into Vinnie and rolled him up for the pin. 

"The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko defeated Salvatore Bellomo with a swinging neckbreaker. Once again, a lot of heat for Zbyszko. 

The Original Midnight Express w/Norvell Austin wrestled The British Bombers to a 10 minute draw. 

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong defeated "Everybody's Compadre" Alberto Madril by DQ- Dream Machine interfered which led to a 2 on 1 beatdown until Steve Keirn hit the ring for the save. 

The Wild Bunch w/Nelson Royal defeated The Cripplers- During a pier six brawl, Nelson hit Oliver with the branding iron which allowed Cooley to bulldog him down for the tainted pin. 

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat defeated The Cobra w/Scorpio- This was a show stealing match. Steamboat's building up his endurance for his upcoming world title match and Cobra put him to the test. The match was so impressive that Scorpio didn't interfere once. After 20 minutes, Steamboat hit a flying press from the top rope to get the crowd cheering win. 

"The Fabulous One" Steve Keirn defeated The Dream Machine- Bob Armstrong came out for some payback and got it. During a Ref bump, Armstrong hit the ring and gave Dream a jaw breaker. Keirn followed with a jumping knee drop for the win. It wasn't over as Alberto Madril hit the ring with a baseball bat. He went after Keirn but Armstrong was able to tackle him from behind. Keirn picked up the bat. Armstrong swung Madril to the ropes as Keirn flipped Madril over with a baseball bat shot to the gut. Big pop!