Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Major League Wrestling

spaldoni

The Saints almost catch the Olympians sleeping.

Adias slips past another challenger.

Well we didn't have an International champion coming into the event.....and we still don't.

After a relatively quick loss, Dundee decides Idol had a point and turns on the Bullet! Chicky's arrival really caught me off guard.

Hogan slays Akbar's beast.

Jumbo retains in the homeland.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 5-31-89

ring.jpg.243e52cd28f6e2a12890087b7b23c08d.jpg

sca.jpg.48048d951cb694f478af3678f0dfdc33.jpg

Highlights from Title Night are shown as all the champions retain, Superstar Dundee's turn on Bob Armstrong and Hulk Hogan triumphs in Japan. 

Larry Nelson: Hello everybody and welcome to AWA Major League Wrestling. Tonight, you'll see The Rose Cousins take on Sweet Dreams in a number one contender's match for the National tag titles. Former USWA tag team champs, Karachi Vice returns to the area and will take on the British Bombers. Big Jim Morris goes one on one with Gary Young. AWA C.O.O. Gerry Morrow will have a WrestleRock announcement. And AWA world champion Jumbo Tsuruta along with Ray Stevens will be here. Let's go to the ring for the AWA debut of Lou Perez. 

'Lightning' Lou Perez vs. Cole Canyon 

lou.jpg.ee3c4415bf3a30023e39182d1b577fda.jpg

Perez shows off his amateur wrestling background and wins the match with a bridging back suplex. 

The young lion talks with Nelson and says he's excited to be in the AWA and is ready to prove himself. 

Commercial Break 

'Mad Dog' Buzz Sawyer vs. Todd Rooney 

sawyer.jpg.570fc1e666d2b194f831c74434bf35eb.jpg

Sawyer is a madman as he just mauls his opponent before finishing him off with a powerslam! Sawyer makes Nelson very nervous as he wildly swings his chain around. 

Nelson: Buzz Sawyer, last week Carlos Colon issued a challenge to you. You two have been to hell and back with each other. 

Sawyer: (laughs maniacally) The last time we met, I snapped his neck with this chain! That was fun! I'm always up for a good time. Colon! If you think you're having nightmares about me now, just wait until we meet again! 

Nelson runs away as Sawyer starts hitting the ground with his chain. 

Commercial Break 

Highlights are shown from last week as a bloody Nikita Koloff defeats Sgt. Slaughter in a bootcamp match. 

Nelson: Fans, that was one of the most brutal matches I've ever witnessed. Nikita Koloff has finally won his battle with Sgt. Slaughter. However, it appears there is still a war going on. I'm going to take you to an eerie scene that was sent to us by Colonel Kirchner. 

The camera pans through a dark jungle setting (think Apocalypse Now). Colonel Kirchner sits by a fire. His face is covered with camouflage paint. 

kirchner2.jpg.b42e5dc2aa6cd70763f1a80f265068fc.jpg

Kirchner: The mission was to terminate Nikita Koloff. I sent in our best man, but it seems Nikita Koloff is more resilient than anticipated. The mission will be completed by any means necessary. In order to do that, I had to make a deal with the devil. Fair warning Nikita, he's coming for you. This man has no morals, no conscience and no mercy. He's soulless and will inject you with a poison that will terminate you for good. 

The camera slowly pans away as a python slithers in front of a smiling Kirchner. 

Commercial Break 

The British Bombers w/Skandor Akbar vs. Karachi Vice 

jsmith.jpg.d3c7d5e336ad9ae16111054d5141de01.jpgtaylor.jpg.4082641d2168def937213c14569e8917.jpgkarachivice.jpg.82900bc813255baaae8f1e36f26cd50e.jpg

Karachi Vice (Gama Singh and Makan Singh) wastes no time in getting into the thick of things as they return to face the Bombers. Both teams go at it with full aggression. Things keep turning up and get pretty physical. Akbar tries to interfere which starts a pier six brawl. Both teams pound away on each other. The Ref loses control and calls for the Double DQ. The bell rings but the teams keep fighting into the commercial break. 

Commercial Break 

'Thrilling' Tom Brandi vs. Trent Watkins 

brandi.jpg.3526a191c511fb062b85699bea7204a9.jpg

Brandi lives up to his moniker and thrills the fans as he hits a flying press from the top rope for the win. 

Brandi responds to Mike Miller's comments from last week and says if Miller wants to fight, I'm not a hard man to find. 

Commercial Break 

We see Tony St. Clair in front of his private jet. 

St. Clair: Being simply the best means I've seen and done it all. Well, I was recently pleasantly surprised with some rather outstanding news. The United Kingdom has decided to bestow upon me the knight title. I'm on my way to the ceremony now. The next time you see me, you will address me as Sir Tony St. Clair. (pauses) How fitting. It's great to be simply the best. 

Commercial Break 

'Big' Jim Morris vs. 'The Fortunate One' Gary Young w/The Vin Man 

morris.jpg.02fd78c885506b3320a3e6dfb35ed924.jpgyoung.jpg.510b0180f8cdfff20c4f845d9d006757.jpg

Morris pinballs Young all over the ring until Vinnie's interference changes the tide. Young gets in some offense but Morris makes a comeback and once again bounces Young all over the ring. Morris swings Young to the ropes and clamps on a bearhug. Morris wrenches away, but Vinnie runs in and dropkicks Morris from behind. The Ref signals for the DQ. Morris regroups and goes after Vinnie, but Young cheap shots Morris from behind, grabs Vinnie and exits quickly. 

Commercial Break 

'Crippler' Rip Oliver vs. Carl Kellerman 

oliver.jpg.d2e9250547ed055503dda41da84cb1e2.jpg

Oliver makes his return to the AWA and easily wins the match with a diving forearm from the top rope. 

Nelson: Rip Oliver, welcome back to the AWA. What's on your agenda? 

Oliver: The AWA called me and asked if I wanted to be a part of WrestleRock. Well, here I am. I don't care who my opponent is, because one thing's for sure, Rip Oliver is back in the AWA and I'm going to put the rock in WrestleRock! 

Commercial Break 

Superstar Billy Graham is standing in the ring. 

Graham: Ok daddy, we all saw what went down in Japan. I've got some questions and I'm looking for answers brotha. Joining me now is Chicky Starr, Austin Idol and Bill Dundee. 

Massive boos as the three men arrogantly step into the ring. 

Graham: Ok Bill, from one superstar to another. Why did you turn your back on Bob Armstrong and why did you and these two have to attack him like that? 

Dundee: Oh it's real easy. Austin Idol was right. Bob Armstrong is nothing but a washed up has been, who dropped the ball. But, we're not out here to talk about that loser. 

Graham: Ok, then what's going on here, with the three of you? 

Starr: If I may. Our issue at the moment, is with you Graham. You're an imposter and a fake! 

Idol: That's right darling! Look at you Graham! It's obvious, you're nothing but a cheap rip off of me. You stole my look and that's a fact Jack! Tell him Bill. 

Dundee: Let me make this real clear to you Graham. I'm the real Superstar in wrestling! How dare you waltz into the AWA using my name. Idol said it best, you're a rip off artist and a thief! You and all these idiots out here are looking at the All-Star Cooperation. We're going to take over the AWA and take out all the imposters. 

Starr: And we're starting with you Graham! 

Starr, Idol and Dundee jump Graham and put the boots to him! Boos and screams reign down as they pound away on Graham. 

Cheers as Iceman Parsons hits the ring! He fires up and gets in some good hits, but the numbers are too much. 

They beat down Parsons and hurl him out of the ring. 

To the shock of everyone, Idol and Dundee proceed to execute a spiked piledriver on Graham! They hoist him up again. Parsons tries to get back in the ring but Starr hits him with a chair. Dundee and Idol execute another spiked piledriver on Graham. It's a despicable scene as the All-Stars smile and hug each other. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: I can't believe what we just witnessed. Billy Graham was stretchered out of here and we'll give you an update on his condition as soon as we can. Iceman Parsons was able to walk out with some assistance. Just a disgusting act. Ok, back to the ring. 

'The World's Strongest Man' Bill Kazmaier vs. Neil Jordan

kazmaier.jpg.af8176345cabe35cab4ad8e407c8838e.jpg 

Kaz wins the match with a backbreaker rack. 

Kaz talks about how the Vin "Man" interfered in Morris's match earlier and how he did the same thing to him a couple weeks ago. He says Vinnie's day is coming. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Joining me....

Brenda Britton walks out. 

Britton: Beat it Nelson! 

Nelson shakes his head and walks away.

Britton: Hi everybody! Joining me now is the AWA C.O.O. Gerry Morrow. 

Morrow: Thank you as always Brenda. As you know, de road to WrestleRock has begun. It will be two nights of rock and wrestling in de Metrodome on July 19th and 20th. Listen to dis. After de matches on night one, Foreigner will perform a concert. And after de matches on night 2, ZZ Top will put on a concert. 

Britton: Oh wow! Foreigner and ZZ Top?!?! Gerry, you've done it again. That's going to be off the charts. 

Morrow: Yes, I'm very excited about it and I'm sure de fans are to. Now, after what went down in Japan, I will have an announcement next week regarding de AWA International title. I will also announce de world title bout at WrestleRock. 

Britton: As always, it all happens here. Until next week, tooooodles! 

Commercial Break 

Number one contender's match for the AWA National Tag Team Titles 

The Rose Cousins vs. Sweet Dreams 

roses.jpg.9b827032abed6398624b6277b39aae5f.jpgsugar.jpg.e49aca0e1892898b24407d36a1ac353d.jpgmachine.png.e180c5330c37db45d22411e07c479f58.png

These teams have been at it the past few weeks and get to settle things with high stakes on the line. Both teams are on their A game as they go back and forth. The Rose Cousins take control. They swing Sugar to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow smash. Pat drops a knee 1..2..Kick Out. Pat tags in Randy. Pat holds Sugar as Randy comes off the top rope with a double axehandle 1..2..Kick Out. The Rose's continue to work over Sugar, until a botched move allows Sugar to roll over and tag in Dream. Dream goes off with jabs and punches and knocks the Rose's heads together. Dream slams Randy and follows with a standing leg drop 1..2..Pat breaks it. Sugar runs in and we've got a pier six brawl. The Rose's get control and swing Sweet Dreams towards each other but Sugar leap frogs over Dream and dropkicks Pat. Dream clotheslines Randy down, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..3!! 

Believe it or not, Sweet Dreams actually gets some cheers. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: What a match. Sweet Dreams are now in line for a shot at the Olympians National tag titles. Fans, don't forget, next week Larry Zbyszko takes on David Sammartino. Also, Tom Brandi goes up against Mike Miller for a TV title shot. Switching gears, Title Night in Japan was a huge success. I understand Hulk Hogan is still there promoting his movie No Holds Barred. Hogan had that big win over Kokina which was nothing short of Impressive. Ok, joining me now, along with Ray Stevens, is the current AWA world champion Jumbo Tsuruta. 

Stevens comes out in his brown sports jacket while Jumbo looks slick in his black suit with the world title on his shoulder. 

Nelson: Ray, Jumbo is fresh off his huge title defense against Big Van Vader. Incredible feat for the champ. 

Stevens: You never learn, do you Nelson? Every time we come out here, you always mention that bleached blond goof Hulk Hogan. Every damn time!! Well, we've had enough! Jumbo is the man, not Hulk Hogan! And we're ready to settle this once and for all! I hope Gerry Morrow is listening. Jumbo Tsuruta will put his world title on the line at WrestleRock against that interloper Hulk Hogan! 

Nelson: Oh my goodness! Did I hear that right? 

Stevens: Why are you so surprised? Do you think Jumbo is afraid of Hogan? Do you think anyone let along Hulk Hogan can run wild on Jumbo Tsuruta? Jumbo Tsuruta isn't afraid of HulkaMania. Jumbo is a bone crushing human wrecking machine and I promise you at WrestleRock, Jumbo is not only going to defeat Hulk Hogan, but he's going to break every damn bone in his body! 

The show ends with Jumbo holding up his world title. 

jumbo.jpg.e38382b7b41404e93f709d4286cb5935.jpg

Lightning Lou strikes!

Sawyer is eager for some more fun with Colon.

Col Kirchner is revealed to be the leader in the war on Nikita.

Karachi Vice is back!

Brandi gets to show off.

England's new knight is Simply the Best.

Vinnie & Royal don't want none of Big Jim.

Oliver is back and ready for anything.

The All Stars beat down Billy Graham!

Kaz with a nice flex.

Morrow signing some major acts.

Sweet Dreams earns a title shot and some fans.

Stevens has had enough of hearing Hogan's name everywhere he and Jumbo go and he's willing to offer a title shot so everyone knows who the man is in the AWA.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 6-7-89

Larry Nelson: Hello everyone and welcome to AWA Major League Wrestling. Tonight, Larry Zbyszko takes on David Sammartino. Spike Huber teams with Jim Morris and Bill Kazmaier to take on Glamour Doll and Vinergy. Mike Miller and Tom Brandi will wrestle for a shot at the TV title. Get ready because Stan Hansen is back to take on Johnny Mantell. We will hear from Nikita Koloff as well. Also, AWA C.O.O. Gerry Morrow will have some exciting announcements regarding WrestleRock. Ok, let's get to the ring. 

Leo Burke vs. Warren Thorpe 

leo.jpg.58f63c753bdcd84a011e3c74e6d9a6f1.jpg

It's all Burke as he finishes things off with the sleeper. 

During the match, it's mentioned that Leo Burke will face Sir Tony St. Clair at WrestleRock. 

Commercial Break 

'Big' Jim Morris/ 'The World's Strongest Man' Bill Kazmaier and 'The Foreman' Spike Huber

vs. 

Glamour Doll and Vinergy w/The Vin Man 

Fun six man action. Huber gives Doll a good pounding. Morris and Kaz enjoy rag dolling Vinergy all over the ring. The tide turns and Doll gets in some cheap shots on Huber while Vinergy show off some quickness and power of their own. Things get crazy during a pier six brawl. Kaz is the legal man and gets tossed to the outside by Vinergy. While the Ref is distracted by the chaos in the ring, Kaz staggers up to try and get back in the ring, but Vinnie dropkicks him into the steel post. Vin screams at the Ref. During the brawl, the Ref counts Kaz out. Vinergy and Doll have the advantage and continue beating on Huber and Morris. Kaz starts to get to his feet. Gary Young runs out and takes Vinnie back to safety as Kaz gets up. Vinergy and Doll are satisfied and exit. 

Commercial Break 

'Bullet' Bob Armstrong vs. Carl Kellerman 

armstrong.jpg.6181f6b7b3f734afb7f05a1e74e62a02.jpg

Armstrong makes his return following the beating he took at Title Night. Armstrong still looks a bit worn down but gets the job done by winning the match with the Jawbreaker. 

Nelson: Bob, I know you have a lot on your mind, so go ahead. 

Armstrong: Austin Idol, Chicky Starr and especially you Bill Dundee, you're all nothing but gutless, lowlife cowards! What you did to me was one thing, but what you did to the real Superstar, Billy Graham was just sickening. It seems myself and Iceman Parsons have some mutual enemies. I know Iceman is still recovering from his injuries thanks to those cowards. Iceman, if you're listening, I've got your back brother. I got a message from Billy Graham, who's still in the hospital. He wants to see me and Iceman as soon as possible. Billy, I'm on my way. 

Commercial Break 

Footage from 2 weeks ago is shown as Stan Hansen defeats 'Gunslinger' Scott Casey with a devastating lariat. 

Stan 'The Lariat' Hansen vs. 'Gunslinger' Johnny Mantell 

hansen.jpg.b0a9ab279aa46f695927d8fd36198d6c.jpgmantell.jpg.850b196b9fe48ecf85d7a0f9efae3239.jpg

Give Mantell credit, he came to fight and gives Hansen a test. However, Hansen is on a different level right now. After taking a severe beating, Mantell shows how tough he is and starts a comeback. Mantell is fired up and goes for a back drop but Hansen kicks him hard. Mantell slowly staggers up as Hansen takes his head off with the lariat 1..2..3!! Hansen holds up the bullhorn sign, then gives Mantell a few more stomps. 

Commercial Break 

Highlights of El Canek's Mexico tour is shown. El Canek returns to AWA television next week! 

Nelson: Fans, joining me now is the man formerly known as Billy Jack Strong. I understand you'll now be going by The Mighty Yankee Steve Disalvo. That's your birthname, correct? 

strong2.jpg.951ec276190a04296a4aeb8495165138.jpg

Disalvo: You got that right Larry. About a month ago, I went back home to Boston and realized it was time to get back to my roots. Time to go back to my given name. And of course, the Mighty Yankee moniker really takes me back to my days coming up in B Town. 

Boos as Skandor Akbar and the British Bombers stroll out. 

akbar.jpg.5c03af54d1515196d2eb56cf9fdbd94c.jpgjsmith.jpg.d3c7d5e336ad9ae16111054d5141de01.jpgtaylor.jpg.4082641d2168def937213c14569e8917.jpg

Akbar: Look at this. Your partner Nick Busick takes off and you go and have a nervous breakdown. My Bombers still have unfinish business with the Bruisers. Well, since it's just you left, we'll make this a fair fight. There's someone who needs to let out some aggression.

WHAM! From behind Kokina nails Disalvo! 

kokina.jpg.f9f06b888f30e4c1a37fbeaab73456ba.jpg

The Bombers start stomping away on Disalvo and hurl him into the ring. Kokina enters the ring, picks up Disalvo and gives him a Samoan Drop! The Bombers hold Disalvo down on the mat as Kokina swings off the ropes and hits a big splash! 

Cheers as Karachi Vice (in street clothes as they literally just got to the arena) run in and clear the ring. 

Kokina lets out a monstrous yell as Akbar and the Bombers smile and warn Karachi Vice. 

Commercial Break 

Winner gets an AWA TV Title Shot 

'Thrilling' Tom Brandi vs. Mean Mike Miller 

brandi.jpg.3526a191c511fb062b85699bea7204a9.jpgmiller.jpg.be499598eee5d897e6c815f24e391aab.jpg

Miller attacks at the bell and gets the upper hand on Brandi. Miller is aggressive tonight as he tests the Ref's 5 counts several times. Miller misses a clothesline and Brandi swings back with a dropkick to change the tide. Brandi is pumped up as he hip tosses, arm drags and dropkicks Miller all over the place. Miller regains control with a sneaky low blow. Miller's pissed and starts choking Brandi. The Ref gives him several warnings but this only infuriates Miller as he pushes the Ref down. The Ref signals for the DQ. Miller keeps pounding away and choking Brandi. 

Cheers as LOU PEREZ runs in. Perez grabs Miller and hits an overhead suplex. Miller bounces to the outside. Perez checks on Brandi as Miller staggers up and yells at Perez. 

Commercial Break 

We come back and see Brenda Britton. 

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg

Britton: I told that chump Nelson to get lost so hi everybody! With me now is the one and only AWA C.O.O Gerry Morrow. Gerry, I know you have some blockbuster announcements regarding WrestleRock, so please, do tell. 

morrow3.jpg.ad197ccbcd3815e1a52841ba4fa0aeff.jpg

Morrow: AHHHHH thank you as always Brenda. You already know that Foreigner and ZZ Top will both be performing. On top of dat, Bonnie Tyler will be singing the National Anthem. Also, the Cosby Show's Phylicia Rashaad will be our special guest ring announcer for de TV title match. 

Britton: WOW! Gerry, you have been a busy man. Only you could accomplish all that. 

Morrow: It is my pleasure. As for de wrestling. Matches already signed are Sir Tony St. Clair vs. Leo Burke. I called and promised Rip Oliver a spot and he will face de debuting Red Rooster Terry Taylor. Since they both want it, Carlos Colon will take on Buzz Sawyer, one last time in a last man standing match. Hopefully dat will settle everything once and for all. Tatsumi Fujinami is currently in Japan but will return at WrestleRock and face Cannonball Griz. All dis is just de beginning. 

Britton: That's all sounds so exciting. Ok Gerry, the suspense is killing me. Tell me about the International title and you have to tell me the world title main event. Come on Gerry! Please! 

Morrow: As you wish Brenda. I have decided dat Mid American Champ Paul Orndorff will face Southern Champ Larry Cameron inside a steel cage for de International title. Dat way, there will be no count outs and no interference. One man will walk out of de cage as de AWA International Champion. 

Britton: Oh my gosh!! That's going to be crazy! 

Morrow: No doubt about it. Ok Brenda, I hope you and de fans are ready for dis. At WrestleRock, Jumbo Tsuruta will defend de AWA World Title against de immortal Hulk Hogan! (Huge Pop!) I spoke with Ray Stevens and Jumbo Tsuruta. They wanted dis match. I then contacted Hulk Hogan and he accepted without slight hesitation. Also, Hogan will return from his Japan movie promotion tour next week and will be right here to address all dis. 

Britton: I can't believe it Gerry. I'm speechless. This is going to be the biggest event in wrestling history! See, it all happens with us. Until next time, toooodles! 

wrestlerock.jpg.8e146619f01bd5027625e3af3b05fdd5.jpg

Friday July 19th and Saturday July 20th

From the Metrodome 

Live on pay per view 

Commercial Break 

David Sammartino vs. 'The Living Legend' Larry Zbyszko 

sammartino.jpg.abf6ea3bcad5774bc47f08de52a673cb.jpg1484051026_larryz.jpg.191b83bb9ed53893bacae554b010d3fc.jpg

Zbyszko is extra annoying with his stalling tonight. Zbyszko finally gets back in the ring, but I think his plan backfired because as soon as he steps in the ring, David takes him down with a drop toe hold. David sets the tone and simply outwrestles Zbyszko. David has Zbyszko down but Zbyszko reaches the ropes. Zbyszko reaches a boiling point and kicks the ropes. He charges David but David back drops him. Zbyszko gets up as David dropkicks him though the ropes. Zbyszko staggers up and falls back down. The fans laugh. Zbyszko gets up and grabs a chair. Zbyszko starts to walk away. David runs out after him, but Zbyszko turns around and cracks David over the head with the chair! The Ref signals for the DQ. Zbyszko hits David's back with the chair. Zbyszko slams the chair on the ground as several officials run out. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Fans, you heard the blockbuster announcement for WrestleRock. Next week, Hulk Hogan will be right here! Also, El Canek returns. AND! The Guerreros will defend the AWA world tag titles against the Fantastics! All that happens next week! Well, this has been a chaotic show. I can only hope that Steve Disalvo and David Sammartino will be ok. Hopefully we'll have some news for you next week on their conditions. Joining me now is Nikita Koloff. 

Huge pop as Nikita comes out in jeans and a tank top. 

nikita.jpg.55941a8912bb6329a5654e2ff9df290f.jpg

Nelson: Nikita, you went through a war with Sgt. Slaughter and came out victorious. Well. I'm sure you heard the eerie and ominous words from Col. Kirchner last week. It appears the war is still raging. What do you make of all this? 

Koloff: He said it himself, he sent in his best man Sgt. Slaughter. Nikita defeat Sgt. Slaughter, so Nikita ready for anybody! 

Nikita rips off his tank top and does his trap pose. 

Wait a minute! 

JAKE THE SNAKE ROBERTS slithers from under the ring. Nikita turns around as Jake kicks him and follows with a short arm clothesline. Jake lifts Nikita up, clamps on a front facelock and DDT'S Nikita on the concrete!!!! The fans gasp at the sound of Nikita's forehead thumping on the ground. 

Jake looks into the camera and gives an evil grin. 

The show ends with a shot of Nikita's bloody face as he lays motionless on the concrete. 

What the hell just happened?!?! 

jake.jpg.f797f64fda5940862685ff6085c97dde.jpg

Burke starts to get tuned up to face St Clair.

Vinney brings victory home once again.

Bullet Bob and the Iceman would be a formidable team on their own but through Graham into the mix? The All-Stars may have made a serious mistake.

Hansen is truly King of the Cowboys.

Devastation Inc lays out The Mighty Yankee.

If Miller has a problem with pretty boys then he's definitely gonna have issues with Perez.

Morrow drops one bombshell after another.

Larry Z wastes no time taking things to the next level with David.

I know Kirchner said he made a deal with the Devil but I wasn't expecting Jake Roberts!

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 6-14-89

Larry Nelson: Hello everyone and welcome to AWA Major League Wrestling. Tonight, the Guerreros will defend the AWA world tag titles against the Fantastics! El Canek returns to the AWA after another successful tour of Mexico. We were all shocked last week when Jake the Snake Roberts showed up and attacked Nikita Koloff. We had a tape sent into us by Col. Kirchner and we'll see some rather eerie comments from Kirchner and Jake the Snake. Brenda Britton will be in the WrestleRock control center right after this program with more big news. AND! The Immortal Hulk Hogan will be here! So much going on, so let's get to the ring. 

AWA National tag team champs The Olympians vs. Samson Smith and Gil Sages

olympians.jpg.6399ecf899d93201742ed8062c2bd2f7.jpg 

Rheingans executes a gut wrench suplex and Patera follows with the full nelson to get the win. 

Nelson: Well, it's been signed, at WrestleRock, you two will defend the National tag titles against Sweet Dreams. 

Rheingans: Are you serious Nelson? Come on, really? 

Patera: What a sham. I can't believe we have to defend our prestigious titles against a couple of well known cheaters! You've seen it Nelson. They always put foreign objects in their goofy masks to win. 

Rheingans: Exactly! The Olympians absolutely never ever have relied on cheating to win. 

Patera: Never! We win matches by skill, talent, determination and pure athleticism. Those two masked idiots have none of those traits. 

Rheingans: And they're not going to get our titles! 

Nelson rolls his eyes as the Olympians walk away. 

Commercial Break 

Carlos Colon vs. Trent Watkins

colon2.jpg.a198ea6019feefabf0594e6232ab4a4d.jpg

As Watkins waits in the ring, BUZZ SAWYER storms the ring and starts beating Watkins up. Colon hits the ring and him and Sawyer have a brutal exchange! They fight to the outside and all around the ring. They brawl up the aisle and into the back as a commercial hits. 

sawyer.jpg.570fc1e666d2b194f831c74434bf35eb.jpg

Commercial Break 

We see 'The Red Rooster' Terry Taylor standing in front of a WrestleRock banner. 

taylor2.jpg.7348a55b742218972fa6ce9021403ea6.jpg

Taylor: I know everybody is counting down the minutes to WrestleRock because the cock of the walk will be there. I'm excited too. However, I'm a little disappointed in the caliber of competition the AWA is giving me. Rip Oliver? (long pause) Well, I guess I'll have to make the best of it. The Red Rooster is going to show the so called Crippler who runs the AWA hen house. 

Cannonball Griz vs. Neil Jordan 

cannonball.jpg.2c6757c6944d38cd954a77f000697124.jpg

Griz finishes things off with an avalanche in the corner followed by a splash from the middle ropes. 

Griz cuts a promo and warns his WrestleRock opponent Tatsumi Fujinami, he better think twice about coming back to the States. 

Commercial Break 

We come back and see Bob Armstrong and Iceman Parsons sitting in a hospital room. Billy Graham is laying in a bed with a brace around his neck. 

Graham: I want everybody to know that the Superstar is getting better and will be back. As for the All-Stars. My boys here and myself would like to issue a little challenge to you at WrestleRock. If you've got the guts, we challenge you to a six man tag match. Now, I physically can't get in the ring. However, I called up an old friend and he said no worries Superstar, I'm there! Bullet and Iceman are all for it. Now, like I said, do you cowards have the guts? 

Parsons: You're looking at family! We're united, charged up and ready to go! You three rooty poos have a hard night comm'n! 

Armstrong: You gutless wonders have gotten the jump on all 3 of us, but at WrestleRock, thanks to the real Superstar, it's all evened up, so lets see how you cowards deal with those odds. 

Graham sticks his hand out as Parsons and Armstrong stack their hands on top. 

Commercial Break 

Chicky Starr/Austin Idol and Bill Dundee (The All-Stars) vs. Vic Dutro/Willie Lopez and Stu Jersky 

Starr hits a corkscrew elbow drop. Dundee nails the Bombs Away and Idol finishes things off with the Las Vegas Leglock. 

Nelson: Ok, I know you boys heard the challenge made. Do...

Starr: Shut your mouth! What challenge are you talking about? We've already beaten all of them up. No challenge at all. 

Dundee: Have mercy! Chicky baby is right. We put that imposter Superstar in the hospital. We knocked Parsons head so hard he's obviously not thinking straight. Austin, how many times have we beaten up Armstrong? 

Idol: (Laughs) I've lost count on how many times we beat up old Bobby Boy. And now they think they can scare us with a mystery partner? Think again darlings! He'll just be another domino we knock down. To sum this all up, yea we accept, but it won't be a challenge for the All-Stars. 

Dundee: That's for sure. 

Commercial Break 

El Canek vs. Harold Bannister 

canek.jpg.7ecd76c58911a865476c9174277904f9.jpg

Canek looks like a million bucks as he wins the match with a flying leg drop from the top rope. 

WHAM!!!! 

black.png.d99a743e71eaf29ca8721ce11c9d3697.png

From behind a man in a black mask (accompanied by Skandor Akbar) clotheslines Canek down! The masked man stomps away on Canek. Akbar gets a chair and slides it in the ring. The masked man puts the chair on Canek's chest. The masked man goes to the top rope and crashes down with a knee drop on the chair! Canek is holding his ribs and rolling over in pain. The camera pans up to the top of the aisle and sees GREG GAGNE smiling and nodding in approval. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: I can't believe what just happened! El Canek looked to be in bad shape. Who was that man and what's he doing with Skandor Akbar. 

BOOS as Greg Gagne comes out. 

Nelson: Greg, we haven't seen you since Superclash. With your history with El Canek, I know you were behind that horrible attack! 

Gagne: Wow, you're a genius Nelson. You figured that out all on your own?  You said it yourself. I haven't been seen since SuperClash. And why is that? Because that masked moron put me out of commission for a second time! I went through another 6 months of physical therapy. 6 months! So yes! I was behind all that! I have turned matters over to Skandor Akbar and he delivered immediately. 

Boos as Akbar and the masked man come out. Gagne shakes Akbar's hand. 

Akbar: It was all my pleasure Greg. The world and El Canek were just introduced to Black Blood! This man is the epidemy of devastation. Have no fear Greg, we'll take things from here. 

Gagne: Skandor, thank you. I can now sleep at night. You see Nelson, things are in good and more than capable hands now. El Canek, you are going to rue the day you ever messed with me. He's all yours Skandor. 

Commercial Break 

AWA Mid American Champ 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff vs. Todd Rooney 

orndorff.jpg.4695d6141bd2560e81d7c36b3d57ced3.jpg

Orndorff easily wins the match with the piledriver. 

Nelson: Paul, at WrestleRock, it's you and AWA Southern Champ Larry Cameron inside the steel cage. Winner will be crowned AWA International Champ. 

Orndorff: It all comes down to two champs locked inside the cage. That means no interference from that weasel Akbar and no distractions. This suits me just fine! Cameron... 

Boos as Larry Cameron (holding his Southern title) and Skandor Akbar come out. 

cameron.jpg.9a3062af92b41b9e4224044b78503c0e.jpg

Akbar tries to talk but Orndorff knocks him down! The fans go wild as Orndorff and Cameron trade powerful blows. Orndorff starts to get the upper hand. Akbar crawls over and grabs his leg. Orndorff tries to kick him away but Cameron puts Orndorff down with a running forearm blast. Cameron picks up Orndorff's title and his own Southern title. The fans boo as Cameron holds both titles in the air. Orndorff staggers back up and tackles Cameron from behind. Orndorff and Cameron roll over and trade punches as prelim wrestlers run out to break it up. 

Commercial Break 

We see a fire going inside a cave. Col. Kirchner (face camouflaged) is sitting there. 

kirchner2.jpg.b42e5dc2aa6cd70763f1a80f265068fc.jpg

Kirchner: Nikita Koloff, I gave you fair warning. You didn't listen. Now I'm taking great pleasure in seeing you suffer. The mission is to terminate you. I told you I made a deal with the Devil. 

The camera moves over and sees Jake the Snake sitting there with Damien around his neck. 

Jake: And the Devil appears. Nikita Koloff, I hear you're in a vegetated state (snickers), but if your thoughts remain, I bet you have a lot of questions running through your mind. Why would a man DDT me on concrete? What did I ever do to Jake the Snake Roberts? (sinister laugh) Nothing. You did nothing to me Nikita. But you see, I have no morals and I have no conscience. I'm pure evil and like to do evil things. The sound of your head hitting the concrete after that DDT, gave me a sensation that you can't even imagine. When a man offers me a deal I can't refuse, I accept that deal. Sometimes just for the sheer amusement it gives me. (looks at Kirchner) You've made this deal Coronel and I hope you understand that a snake always sees things to the end. (looks into the camera) Wake up Nikita, I'm begging you. 

Commercial Break 

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout 

The Guerreros (C) vs. The Fantastics 

guererros.jpg.8f482316fccd720ce74e4ecf5df680d7.jpgfantastics.jpg.6f85e182fbf652ccdbdec5b7a7ca6f6b.jpg

These two teams have put on some classics during their feud for the titles. Once again, these teams show why they're the best at what they do. The action is non stop and the fans are totally invested. Fantastics go on a flurry but the Guerreros always change the tide with some sneaky heel tactics. Finally, the Fantastics have things in total control. Fulton covers Hector but Chavo breaks it with a stomp. Rogers runs in and dropkicks Chavo through the ropes. The Fantastics double slam Hector. Fulton goes to the top rope and the Fantastics follow with the Rocket Launcher 1..2..NO! Chavo nails Fulton with a title belt! 

The Ref signals for the DQ. 

Rogers checks on Fulton as Hector drags Chavo out of the ring. BOOOOOOOS! 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Well fans, this has been another crazy and chaotic show. Stay tuned for the special WrestleRock control center, immediately following this program. As for next week, Brian Adias will defend the AWA TV title against Tom Brandi. Ok, right now, Ken Resnick is in the ring. Take it away Ken. 

Resnick: Thank you Larry. Fans, joining me now is none other than the Immortal HULK HOGAN!!!!! 

hogan.jpg.7dd58c1b2a5ffc447a19d220c0ecf98d.jpg

The fans blow the roof off the place as Eye of the Tiger blasts! Hogan walks down the aisle wearing jeans, T-Shirt and a white Hulkamania headband. 

Hogan is pumped up as he enters the ring and points to the cheering fans. 

Resnick: Alright Hulk. You heard the announcement last week by AWA C.O.O. Gerry Morrow. At WrestleRock, you will face Jumbo Tsuruta for the AWA World Title! 

Hogan: (listens to the cheers and gives the fans a thumbs up) Well let me tell you something Killer Ken! It feels so great to be back here in front of all my Hulkamaniacs brother! They all helped make my movie No Holds Barred a rousing success! NOW! I told everyone when I first got here that I was going to climb and conquer Mount AWA brother! In order to do that, I've got one more obstacle to overcome and become AWA world champion and that's Jumbo Tsuruta. Oh I've seen the carnage Jumbo has left behind. I've seen the gladiators he's defeated. And yes, I've heard the ominous words from Ray Stevens. But let me tell Ray Stevens this. At WrestleRock....

There's a big commotion as Ray Stevens leads Jumbo Tsuruta into the ring. Jumbo is wearing a black suit with the world title on his shoulder.  

Resnick: Ray just hold on a minute. We've already had too much trouble tonight. 

Stevens: Enough is enough and it's time we addressed things face to face. The AWA has bent over backwards accommodating this bleach blond musclehead. Oh, the great Hulk Hogan is coming. Oh, the great Hulk Hogan has a movie. While all that nonsense has been going on, Jumbo Tsuruta has been successfully defending the world title all over the world and against all comers. You're no different Hogan. You fool, we wanted this match! We made the challenge! Jumbo wants to show the world that you're simply no match for him. He wants to expose you for the fraud you are. He wants to do this on the biggest platform ever, in front of millions of people and most of all in front of all your little Hulkamaniacs. Hogan, it's simple, Jumbo is going to destroy you and wants to end the myth of Hulkamania for good. 

Hogan: You talk a big game Stevens, and I just have one question for you and the champ. At WrestleRock, whatcha gonna do when the power of Hulkamania runs wild on you!!!! 

Hogan rips off his shirt and throws it in Ray's face. 

Jumbo sets his title down and calmly loosens his tie, then takes his suit jacket off. The fans are going nuts. Security is on high alert and hits the ring. The show ends with an intense stare down as Security holds both men back. 

Control Center 

Brenda Britton announces the following matches signed 

'The Mighty Yankee' Steve Disalvo vs. Kokina w/Skandor Akbar 

'The Foreman' Spike Huber vs. Glamour Doll 

Karachi Vice vs. The British Bombers w/Skandor Akbar 

'Mean' Mike Miller vs. 'Lightning' Lou Perez

Brenda takes us to comments from David Sammartino and Larry Zbyszko 

Sammartino: (bandaged head) Zbyszko! I wanted to settle this like men, in a wrestling match. But no, you take it way to far by hitting me over the head with a chair! Ok, you want a fight? Let's fight! 

Zbyszko: Oh it seems Bruno's boy is a little upset. You know I did the same thing to his father years ago. I think it felt better this time. Face it Bruno's boy, you don't belong in this business. However, if you want a fight, well come on down to Larry Land. See you there Spudhead. 

Britton announces that David Sammartino will face Larry Zbyszko in a WrestleRock Rumble Match. A taped fist fight with none other than Randall 'Tex' Cobb as the special referee. 

More matches will be announced next week. 

WrestleRock 89 

2 nights of rock and wrestling 

July 19th and 20th 

From the Metrodome

Live on pay per view 

Singing the National Anthem on Night 1 and America the Beautiful on Night 2- Bonnie Tyler 

Special guest ring announcer for the TV title match- Phylicia Raashad 

Performing a concert on Night 1- Foreigner

Performing a concert on Night 2- ZZ Top 

I'm liking the idea that for once The Olympians are actually right for once when calling their opponents cheaters. But at least Sweet Dreams are honest cheaters.

Also tickled by Sawyer starting the brawl with Colon by beating up Colon's opponent.

Taylor is less than impressed by the Crippler.

Grizz has a tall test ahead of him.

Graham is assembling his All-Star team.

Gagne is back and has finally decided to outsource his feud with Canek. Akbar brings in Black Blood who is off to a strong start.

Akbar doesn't get much rest as he & Cameron square up to Orndorff.

Roberts is exactly the type to wage war for fun and profit.

Los Guerreros take the cowards way out.

Hogan & Jumbo finally meet face to face.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 6-21-89

Greg Gagne is on the screen 

gagne.jpg.085d8e429a64a34587adac4978766b0b.jpg

Gagne: I can't tell you how great I feel. It's like I've been born again. Skandor Akbar really came through for me. And now that he's lifted the burden of that masked moron El Canek off my shoulders, I can finally get back into the thick of things. I'm back and I'm going to take the AWA by storm! I'll just leave you with this. My presence will be known at the biggest event of the summer, GregRock. 

The show begins

Larry Nelson: Oh great, it's so good to have Greg Gagne back (rolls his eyes). Tonight, Brian Adias defends the AWA TV title against Tom Brandi. Brad Rheingans takes on the Dream Machine. Lou Perez goes up against Glamour Doll. Colonel Kirchner has sent in a tape of Jake the Snake wrestling in some type of underground competition. We'll see what that's all about. Also, AWA World Champion Jumbo Tsuruta along with Ray Stevens will be here. And Brenda Britton will have another WrestleRock report immediately following this program. Ok, let's get to the ring. 

The Rose Cousins vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

roses.jpg.9b827032abed6398624b6277b39aae5f.jpg

The Rose Cousins win the match with the Rose Bomb. 

Nelson: Ok, Pat, Randy, I know you guys have been in a bit of a slump lately, but I've been told that you'll be at WrestleRock and will face a debuting tag team. That seems to be a big risk, since nobody knows who this team will be.

Pat: We know it's a risk, but the Rose Cousins need to get back on track. 

Randy: And WrestleRock is the place to do just that!  

Commercial Break 

'Lightning' Lou Perez vs. Glamour Doll 

lou.jpg.ee3c4415bf3a30023e39182d1b577fda.jpgdoll.jpg.6873c697733fb38db77d52de8b21d705.jpg

The first few minutes is back and forth and fast paced. Lou gets momentum going and gives Doll a couple of suplexes. Moments later, a frustrated Doll stops Perez's momentum with a low blow. Doll breaks all the rules as he works Perez over. Doll puts Perez down with a high dropkick but can't put Perez away. Doll slams Perez and goes to the top rope. Doll goes for a flying knee drop but Perez moves. Perez regroups and hammers away on Doll. Perez grabs Doll and executes a bridging back suplex 1..2..NO! 

Mike Miller runs in and attacks Perez. The Ref signals for the DQ. Miller stomps away on Perez. Doll staggers up and joins in. 

The fans cheer as Spike Huber runs in with his sledgehammer! Miller escapes as Huber sends Doll through the ropes with a sledgehammer shot to the back. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: My goodness, all four of those men will look to settle things at WrestleRock. Ok, joining me now for a special announcement is AWA C.O.O. Gerry Morrow. Fortunately, Brenda is in the control center. Go ahead Gerry. 

Morrow: Ahhhhh do not worry Larry, you will suffice tonight. I first want to announce dat next week will be de official WrestleRock press conference with AWA world champ Jumbo Tsuruta and Hulk Hogan. I'm very much looking forward to dat. Next, after what happened last week, I have signed a match at WrestleRock between El Canek and Blackblood. I hope Mr. Akbar did not underestimate El Canek. 

Mass cheers as the Fantastics come out. 

Morrow: Well, dis is a surprise. May I help you guys? 

Rogers: We've had it with the Guerreros! Every time they face us for the titles, they take a coward's way out. So, Mr. Morrow we have a solution. 

Fulton: It's simple. At WrestleRock, we want one last title match with the Guerreros. Only this time, let's make it a loser leaves town title match! One team walks out champions and the other team walks out of the AWA! 

Morrow: (contemplates this) Gentlemen, I love it! I have heard you and I will grant you dis match. 

Boos as the Guerreros storm out. 

Chavo: Wait a minute! Come on Gerry! How many title shots do we have to give these Senoritas? 

Hector: We beat them again and again and all they do is cry like little babies. 

Morrow: Hahahaha ahhhhh Guerreros, you know I love de both of you. However, de Fantastics bring up a good point and after all it is only fair. Dis will be great! Good luck to both teams. I will miss de losers of dis match very much. 

Morrow exits. 

The Fantastics high five. The Guerreros almost attack but the Fantastics are ready. The Guerreros yell at them and hold their belts up before leaving. 

Commercial Break 

'Crippler' Rip Oliver vs. Marvin Jones 

oliver.jpg.d2e9250547ed055503dda41da84cb1e2.jpg

Oliver easily wins the match with a flying forearm from the middle ropes. 

Oliver cuts a promo and warns the Red Rooster that he better not count his chickens before they hatch. Oliver says at WrestleRock,  he's going to show Taylor who really runs the hen house.

Commercial Break 

AWA National Tag Champ Brad Rheingans w/Ken Patera vs. Dream Machine w/Sweet Brown Sugar 

The bell rings but all four wrestlers are still arguing with each other. Sugar and Patera have a shoving match. The Ref quickly solves things by banning Sugar and Patera from ringside. 

The match finally begins. Both Rheingans and Dream take turns bending the rules. Once again, Dream Machine is hearing cheers for his rule breaking. The match continues to see saw. Dream swings Rheingans to the ropes, both men and the Ref all somehow collide. Everybody is down. Rheingans staggers up and pulls a foreign object out of his trunks. At the same time, Dream pulls out a foreign object and puts it in his mask. Rheingans swings but Dream ducks and gives Rheingans a loaded mask headbutt! Dream covers as the Ref crawls over and counts 1..2..3! 

The fans in unison yell "Sweet Dreams babay!" 

Commercial Break 

Vinergy and 'The Fortunate One' Gary Young w/The Vin Man vs. Sam Smith, Trent Watkins and Joel Tanner 

dukes.jpg.dbfc7042c030d11dd87fa5c779213ca9.jpgputski.jpg.67044e38c0e3ca3225c6eefa28899ee0.jpgyoung.jpg.510b0180f8cdfff20c4f845d9d006757.jpg

Putski, Dukes and Young win the match with a triple vertical suplex. Vinnie loves this. 

Nelson: Ok, Vinnie I actually have some news that concerns you regarding WrestleRock. 

Vin: Do tell Larbo. 

Nelson: Well it seems you've made two big enemies in Jim Morris and Bill Kazmaier. They're sick of your constant interference and they spoke to Gerry Morrow about it. Well, a 3 on 2 handicap match has been signed for WrestleRock. 

Vinnie, Vinergy and Young start laughing. 

Vin: Good Grief, are those dorks delusional or what? Those two goofs don't stand a chance against Vinergy and the Fortunate One. Not a chance! YEA! 

They start to leave.

Nelson: Hold on Vinnie. Gary Young isn't the third man, you are! 

The crowd goes wild. 

Vin: Whhhhh, waaaa. N, n, n, no way! I'm retired! 

Nelson: Well, looks like you're making a comeback at WrestleRock. 

Vinnie faints into the arms of Vinergy and Young. 

Commercial Break 

Footage is shown from a few weeks ago when Jake the Snake Roberts DDT Nikita Koloff on the concrete. 

Nelson: That was one of the most evil and horrific things I've ever witnessed. Nikita suffered a severe concussion and has been in a comatose state. I do know he has woken up and I've been told we'll actually hear from Nikita Koloff on the WrestleRock report after this show. On this note, we have been sent a tape courtesy of Colonel Kirchner. I can tell you that it's very bizarre indeed. 

We see some kind of underground arena (Think Bloodsport) There's an unruly crowd. A wrestler is in the ring. Jake the Snake slithers into the ring with his bag. Jake walks up to his opponent, grabs him and short arm clotheslines him down. Jake picks his poor opponent up and plants him with the DDT! Jake opens the bag and sets the snake on his fallen opponent. Jake slithers right up to the camera. 

Jake: Nikita, you call yourself the Russian Nightmare (evil snicker) Oh no my friend. The real nightmare awaits. Wake up Nikita, I'm begging you. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Fans, next week you'll see the WrestleRock Press conference with Jumbo Tsuruta and Hulk Hogan. Also, Bill Dundee takes on Bob Armstrong. Kokina and the British Bombers clash with Steve Disalvo and Karachi Vice. And, Blackblood with Skandor Akbar makes his official in ring debut. Ok, our TV title....

Les Thornton walks out. He's wearing a black royal suit. 

Nelson: Les Thornton! What are you doing here? We haven't seen you in quite some time. 

Thornton: I'm glad you mentioned that Larry. The last time I was here, I managed the greatest champion the AWA has ever seen. I'm talking about Tony St. Clair, who will now be known as Sir Tony St. Clair. I had the privilege and honor of attending his Knighting ceremony in the UK. Now, I have the privilege and honor of managing him once again. Sir Tony will return next week and you will be reminded once again on why he is indeed simply the best. Good day. 

Commercial Break 

Tom Brandi waits in the ring as Brian Adias walks over to Larry at ringside. 

Nelson: Brian, you have a title defense. Why are you standing here? 

Adias: Never mind about that tool in the ring. I'll deal with him in a minute. I just can't take it anymore! Everybody knows that I've made a huge splash in Hollywood. Because of my Hollywood connections, I've taken the AWA to heights it's never seen! But it seems all I hear about is Hulk Hogan! I'm sick of it! Hogan! This is your last warning. Stay in your own lane and steer way clear of mine! Understood! 

AWA TV Title Bout 

'Blockbuster' Brian Adias (C) vs. 'Thrilling' Tom Brandi 

adias.jpg.5de878275a49dc9249146a1165731d4e.jpgbrandi.jpg.3526a191c511fb062b85699bea7204a9.jpg

Adias seems way to distracted as Brandi takes advantage and reels Brian with hip tosses, dropkicks and arm drags. Brandi hoists Adias up and vertical suplexes him back. Brandi swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Brandi continues to work Adias over. Brandi goes for a back drop but Adias kicks him. 

Adias clears the cobwebs and takes it to Brandi. Adias chokes Brandi on the bottom rope, swings off the opposite ropes and hits a guillotine. Adias hoists Brandi up and throat drops him on the top rope. Adias covers 1..2..Brandi gets his foot on the rope. Adias continues to inflict damage. Adias swings Brandi to the corner and charges in, but Brandi nails Adias with both knees. 

Brandi regroups as the fans cheer him on. Adias staggers up as Brandi dropkicks him down. Brandi swings Adias to the ropes and back drops him. Brandi bodyslams Adias, then goes to the top rope. Brandi executes a flying elbow drop 1..2..Ding, Ding, Ding! 

Brandi jumps up and celebrates. The Ref informs him that the time limit had expired. Brandi deflates a bit but cheers back up when the fans give him a standing ovation. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Oh man! If Brandi just had one more second. So close. 

Adias storms over. 

Adias: Listen up Brandi! Nobody goes the distance with me! Nobody! I can beat you anyplace, anytime! This isn't Rocky and, in the rematch, you won't have a happy ending! 

Nelson: A very unhappy Brain Adias. Ok fans, let's go to Ken Resnick, who's in the ring. 

Resnick: Thank you very much Larry. My guest at this time is the AWA world champion, Jumbo Tsuruta along with Ray Stevens. 

Ray's wearing blue jeans and a brown suit jacket. This time Jumbo is wearing a black kimono robe. 

Resnick: Ray, at WrestleRock, Jumbo will defend the world title against Hulk Hogan. Things have gotten tense and they nearly came to blows last week. 

Ray: Hogan's life was saved last week. As you can see, Jumbo is getting his mind set. Which means, watch out! Hogan talks a big game about training, but he couldn't last 2 minutes during a Jumbo training session. Hogan! At WrestleRock, you're in for a world of hurt! Hell, you might not even make it out of the press conference alive. 

Eye of the Tiger blasts as the fans go bonkers! 

Hogan storms down the aisle and into the ring wearing jeans, tank top and white headband. Hogan throws the headband at Stevens. 

Jumbo stares daggers at Hogan. 

Resnick: Let's all just relax. Hulk, my goodness, this is a shock, we weren't expecting you. 

Hogan: Well you know something Killer Ken, since this cockroach Ray Stevens and Jumbo Tsuruta interrupted me last week, I figured turnabout is fair play. Ray Stevens! If you have something to say brother, say it to my face! 

Jumbo slowly takes off his robe. 

The fans go insane as Hogan rips off his shirt. 

The show ends as a swarm of security, officials and prelim wrestlers hit the ring to separate these two once again. 

WrestleRock Control Center 

From the Metrodome in Minneapolis Mn

Live on pay per view 

Brenda Britton: Hi everybody and welcome to the WrestleRock report. I promised more matches signed and I always deliver. Late breaking news as Brian Adias will defend the AWA TV title in a rematch against Tom Brandi. As if that wasn't enough. Check out these comments from Nikita Koloff. 

Nikita is at home. His head is bandaged, and he looks very groggy. 

Nikita: (a low whisper) I want the Snake. I want the Snake. 

Brenda: Well, Gerry Morrow visited Nikita and Nikita wants a match with Jake the Snake at WrestleRock. I think he's out of his mind but Gerry says this is what he wants. Since Jake Roberts does not have an official contract with the AWA, Gerry has given Jake a one night contract for this match at WrestleRock. I've said it a million times, all the big scoops happen on my show. I mean, can you believe this match? It's going to be crazy! Next week, we'll have the entire WrestleRock card announced. Until then, toooooodles! 

GregRock? GregRock? Please let somebody beat his ass!

The Rose's are accepting an open challenge.

I'm surprised Miller would accept Doll's help considering his distaste for pretty boys.

Morrow makes more big news by booking a losers leave match for the Tag titles.

Oliver getting tuned up.

Love how The Olympians are turning Sweet Dreams face.

Vinnie is coming out of retirement. Yeah!

Sir St Clair gets his trusty manager back.

Adias is so fixated on Hogan he damn near loses his prized title.

Speaking of Hogan, he returns the favor from last week.

Well Jake, Nikita is awake. Hope you know what you're in for.

Lots of interesting things happening in AWA lately. The Nikita/Jake the Snake buildup has been interesting and I'm enjoying the promos there. Can't wait to see Hogan go up against Jumbo in the squared circle, that will certainly be a blockbuster match!

Ok... back to catching up....

I really enjoyed Title Night from Japan.  

I wish I was a kid watching these matches as it was a roller coaster of a night.  First you would just be so excited to be there and then the downfalls come quickly as the heels get off to a big start.  Between the Olympians and Adias, you would be down in the dumps.  For me as a fan, it would have just gotten worse as Orndorff was so close to the title only to have the DCO and then to see the heel turn of Dundee on Bullet.  I think the pairing of Idol, Dundee and Starr is awesome.  While they might not be the biggest of guys for late 80's wrestling, they are magic on the mic and their ability to run an angle is awesome!  Great booking in these last two matches as we get a new feud and Orndorff still remains strong.

Can't wait to see how the International Title situation is solved.

And then, while I was depressed you knew just how to raise the spirits of all the fans...

Hogan over Kokina and Jumbo over Vader in Japan.... WOW... All leave so happy.

HAMMOND CENTER 5/31

Wow... that promo with Kirchner from the Jungle was awesome.  Can't wait to see who is coming to complete the Mission against Nikita.

Wow again, Tony St. Clair to be knighted!!  Welcome Sir.

As I said above, Idol, Dundee and Starr sure know how to work an angle.  OMG, the attack on Superstar Graham was priceless.  I loved how Idol claimed Graham stole is gimmick.

The fans are finally coming to my side as the give Sweet Dreams a few cheers.  Not sure what it is about these two but as I watch more and more stuff from the early 80's, these two are quickly rising up my list.

Jumbo and Hogan down the road... can't wait!

HAMMOND CENTER 6/7

I think Big Jim in a feud vs The Vin Man is a great mid-card feud.  Big Jim can play that fun loving hillbilly for only so long until his anger and power come out.  Also, I know it was an 8-man tag team match, I think Big Jim and Kaz could be a great team for you.

I like the slow play of the Armstrong angle.  Looking forward to see how he plots his revenge and who will be in his corner.  I expect Iceman when he is healthy but that might not be enough.

Hansen is in the rise... watch out EVERYBODY.

Wow... what a difference a location makes.  The Mighty Yankee as a fan favorite plays well up North but imagine that in Georgia or Florida.  Same as Karachi Vice.  Enjoying this angle.  

Oh the ending of the show...

I love what you have down with Larry Z!  Larry vs David is going to do one of two things.  It will either make David a big star or put Larry back in title contention.  Looking forward to seeing what direction you go to.

WOW.... Nikita vs Snake.  Kirchner was right.... this man could finish the job.

HAMMOND CENTER 6/14

I always struggle to figure out a way for a cooling off period with wrestlers.  Sometimes, I don't want to trade them or exchange them because I am afraid of how they will be built in a different promotion.  I think your tour of Mexico for El Canek was perfect.

Love the way WrestleRock is shaping up.

Speaking of WrestleRock... WOW... Superstar going into the ring.  Love it!

The only reason I know who that man is in the hood attacking El Canek is I've used that gimmick before in another game.  Great research!  Akbar.. Gagne and Black Blood.  Awesome

Sometimes we overplay the big brawls in our shows as they were probably our favorite part of wrestling when we were kids but I think we needed one with Orndorff and Cameron.  More great booking.

Snake is awesome on the mic.  Good promo here.

Would have loved to have seen the Guerreros and Fantastics.  This match would be awesome.

Looking forward to Jumbo and Hogan.  Really unsure of the outcome.  I would know the outcome if the match was in Japan or the WWF but here in the AWA?  So very interesting.

HAMMOND CENTER 6/21

I feel the same as Ken Nelson and his not-so-subtle eye roll about the return of Greg Gagne.  I think you have made him into the most hated man in the game... Great job because in real life, Gagne was hard to work with.

Excited to see the Guerreros and Fantastics one more time.

Awesome... love fan favorite heel types.  The loaded mask shot by Dream Machine over Rheingans was great.  This really sets up the title match with the Olympians at WrestleRock

Very creative with the Underground Wrestling Tournament for the Snake. 

Great ending with the security guards holding back Hogan and Jumbo!

AWA is rolling!

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 6-28-89

Once again, Greg Gagne appears on screen 

Greg: Greetings and welcome to AWA Major League Wrestling and when you're talking about major league, well, you're talking about Greg Gagne. Now that I'm back where I belong, I think it's only fitting that I open the show. I wanted to take this time to remind my fans that I'll be at GregRock with a very special announcement. Speaking of GregRock, let's take you to the press conference that took place earlier this week. 

WrestleRock Press Conference 

jumbo.jpg.e38382b7b41404e93f709d4286cb5935.jpghogan.jpg.7dd58c1b2a5ffc447a19d220c0ecf98d.jpg

Reporters from several media outlets including Japan sit inside a hotel showroom. In front of them is a stage. There's a long table with Hulk Hogan sitting on one side and AWA world champ Jumbo Tsuruta along with Ray Stevens on the other side. The AWA world title belt sits in front of Jumbo. AWA C.O.O Gerry Morrow, AWA President Verne Gagne and several AWA committee members are standing behind them. There's a huge WrestleRock banner hanging in the back. Verne walks up to the podium. 

Verne: Welcome to this very special WrestleRock press conference. As announced, the main event of WrestleRock will see Jumbo Tsuruta defend the AWA world title against Hulk Hogan. This is the biggest main event in AWA history and will draw viewers and fans from all over the world. Right now, we are going to hear comments from Hulk Hogan followed by Ray Stevens. Hulk, the time is yours. 

Hogan: Thank you very much Verne and thank you for this golden opportunity. I've held world titles all over the globe brother and when I came back to the AWA, I made a vow to all my Hulkamaniacs that I would conquer Mount AWA and win the world title. At WrestleRock, I'm coming at Jumbo Tsuruta will every ounce of Hulkamania and with all my support from my Hulkamaniacs. So, Ray Stevens, Jumbo Tsuruta, whatcha gonna do when the power of Hulkamania runs wild on you at WrestleRock! 

Verne: Ok, Ray, the time is yours. 

Stevens: Let's clear something up right now Hogan. Verne, or the AWA didn't give you this opportunity, Jumbo and I did! We wanted this match and we made the challenge. Why? Because we want to expose you for the fraud you are. While you were out promoting movies, Jumbo has been knocking down all competition in his way. However, all the AWA keeps talking about is Hulk Hogan. That all ends at WrestleRock! Hogan, Jumbo is going to hurt, punish and break every bone in your body and then the suffering begins. Jumbo's not only going to defeat you but he's going to make an example out of you. You're nothing Hogan, and all your little Hulkamaniacs won't be able to save you. They're going to be crying their little eyes out as you lay defeated in the middle of the ring. You're a loser Hogan and each and every one of your so called Hulkamaniacs are losers for supporting you. 

Hogan stands up. 

Hogan: Watch it Stevens! Say what you want about me but leave the Hulkamaniacs out of it. Got it! 

Jumbo stands up and calmly walks over to Hogan. They get eye to eye. Flashes go off from the cameras. Stevens yells something at Hulk. Hulk pushes Stevens. Jumbo pushes Hulk. Hulk fires back and the two have a furious punch exchange! Security runs up but Hogan and Jumbo toss them aside. Hogan and Jumbo start fighting and both men fall off the stage and crash through a table!! Gasps are heard. Chaos follows as Security and Medics frantically run to the carnage. 

Commercial Break 

'Big' Jim Morris and 'The World's Strongest Man' Bill Kazmaier vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

morris.jpg.02fd78c885506b3320a3e6dfb35ed924.jpgkazmaier.jpg.af8176345cabe35cab4ad8e407c8838e.jpg

The match ends in a unique way as both Jim and Bill clamp bearhugs on both opponents to get a double submission win. 

Nelson: Ok boys, at WrestleRock, you get your wish. A handicap match with Vinergy and the Vin Man. You don't seem to be worried about the odds. 

Kaz: We've been waiting a long time to get our hands on that pinhead Vinnie! We just can't wait! We're going to squeeze the life out of him! And his little buddies won't be able to stop us! 

Morris: That's right. That little guy likes to interfere in our matches, well I hope it was worth it because he has a lot of pay back coming! And we're going to collect! WHOOO-WEEEE! 

Commercial Break 

Leo Burke vs. Trent Watkins 

leo.jpg.58f63c753bdcd84a011e3c74e6d9a6f1.jpg

Burke wins the match with a sleeper. 

Burke cuts a promo and says he's tuned up and ready for St. Clair at WrestleRock. 

Commercial Break 

'The Mighty Yankee' Steve Disalvo and Karachi Vice vs. Kokina and The British Bombers w/Skandor Akbar 

A lot of bad blood here and it shows as the match starts with a pier six brawl. The Ref lets it go and the fans get a good show. Things finally settle down and we get a hard hitting match. Karachi Vice and the Bombers go at it hard. Kokina and Disalvo tease the fans with spurt interactions. Things get crazy again as another wild fight breaks out. Disalvo and Kokina trade bombs as the Ref is tangled up with them. Makan and Taylor brawl to the outside. Gama has Smith up for a suplex but Akbar reaches in and trips Gama. Smith falls on top as Akbar holds Gama's boots. The Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! BOOOOOOO! 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: My goodness, they just cleared the ring. More scores to be settled at WrestleRock. On that note, listen to this main event for next week. Mid American Champ Paul Orndorff and Carlos Colon will take on Southern Champ Larry Cameron and Buzz Sawyer. They better have extra security on hand for that one and I'm dead serious. Ok, back to the ring. 

David Sammartino vs. Clinton Stitch 

sammartino.jpg.abf6ea3bcad5774bc47f08de52a673cb.jpg

Sammartino looks great and wins the match with a brainbuster. 

While Nelson is talking, Sammartino tapes up his hand. 

Nelson: David, at WrestleRock, it's you and Zbyszko in a taped fist WrestleRock rumble match. Also, Randall 'Tex' Cobb will be the special referee. 

Sammartino: (holds up his taped fist) Zbyszko! You wanted a fight, well you got one! Having Randall Cobb there ensures a fair fight and Zbyszko, trust me, I'm coming to fight! 

The fans cheer as Sammartino holds up his taped fist. 

Commercial Break 

Cannonball Griz vs. Harold Bannister 

cannonball.jpg.2c6757c6944d38cd954a77f000697124.jpg

Griz wins the match with a big splash from the middle ropes. 

Griz cuts a promo and says he's going to crush Tatsumi Fujinami at WrestleRock! 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Fans, before we get back to the action, I want to bring out a true legend. Please welcome Blackjack Mulligan. 

mulligan.jpg.e6f7ba08806e20257b27041096a7b850.jpg

The fans pop as Mulligan walks out wearing a black cowboy hat, red shirt with black vest and jeans. 

Nelson: Blackjack, it's great to see you. What do you think about the current state of the AWA.

Mulligan: Larry, I've been watching the AWA and I'll tell you what, the competition is at an all time high partner. 

There's a major commotion as Stan Hansen storms out. Hansen pushes Nelson away and snags the mic.

hansen.jpg.b0a9ab279aa46f695927d8fd36198d6c.jpg 

Hansen: You don't belong here Mulligan and you've got a lot of nerve showing your face here. I'm the only cowboy around here. I disposed of that washed up Dory Funk Jr. and those wannabes the Gunslingers and if you don't get outta here right now, I'll run you out too! 

Mulligan: Just slow down Hansen. I'm retired and aint looking for a fight, but I won't back down from one either! 

Mulligan walks forward as Hansen backs up a bit. 

Officials run out and hold Mulligan back. Mulligan relaxes and starts to walk away. 

WHAM! 

Hansen nails Mulligan from behind with a lariat! 

Hansen spits tobacco down on Mulligan before leaving. 

Commercial Break 

Blackblood w/Skandor Akbar vs. Todd Rooney 

black.png.d99a743e71eaf29ca8721ce11c9d3697.png

Akbar looks on with approval as Blackblood decimates his opponent and finishes him off with a flying knee drop from the top rope. Akbar says something to Blackblood. Blackblood picks up his fallen opponent and hurls him out of the ring. Blackblood goes out on the apron. Rooney is laid out on the concrete as Blackblood jumps off and delivers another knee drop! 

Nelson: Come on Akbar! Enough! 

Akbar: It's never enough! I want to make sure El Canek knows that! I made a promise to the great Greg Gagne and Blackblood will deliver on that promise at WrestleRock! 

Commercial Break 

'The Living Legend' Larry Zbyszko vs. Carl Kellerman 

1484051026_larryz.jpg.191b83bb9ed53893bacae554b010d3fc.jpg

Zbyszko's hands are taped and he makes use of them as he pounds down on Kellerman and wins the match with a swinging neckbreaker. 

Nelson: Larry, I'm sure you heard the comments earlier from David Sammartino. 

Zbyszko: Oh you mean Bruno's boy? That spudhead is all bark and no bite. You know, it seems the powers that be in the AWA have tried to stack the deck against me at WrestleRock. They put me in a taped fist match and as a special stipulation, they've brought in another spudhead Tex Cobb to officiate. Listen up Cobb, if you get in my face, I'll rearrange yours. As for you Bruno's boy, I'm going to give you a thumping the same way I did your old man. See you at WrestleRock...chump! 

Commercial Break 

Jake the Snake is sitting in front of a fire with his snake Damian slithering around his neck. 

Roberts: AHHHHH, Nikita Koloff has arisen from his slumber. Do you see the irony here? You awake from a nightmare only to enter into a far more terrifying one. I didn't think you had it in you Nikita, but you proved me wrong and now you want to meet face to face at WrestleRock. That's fine by me Nikita. Just by waking up, you've proven to be a formidable adversary. I like that! I respect that! You might even say I admire that. However, none of that will stop me from finishing the task at hand. Colonel Kirshner's orders are to terminate you with extreme prejudice. Rest assured Nikita, I will do just that at WrestleRock. You see Nikita, this nightmare has just begun and trust me Nikita, you will have nightmares about me for the rest of your soulless life. (Evil snicker as he looks into Damian's eyes) 

Nikita Koloff is lifting weights in his Russian Dungeon. The stitches on his forehead come loose and blood trickles down his face. You can tell he's still not 100%. He looks into the camera. 

Nikita: (raspy voice) Jake the Snake! At WrestleRock, you're mine! 

Commercial Break 

'Sir' Tony St. Clair w/Les Thornton vs. Ray Glader 

tony.jpg.c0c376e154153263dacb429e6d3111bb.jpg

Thornton (wearing a black royal suit) takes the announcer's mic. 

Thornton: Please stand up and show proper respect for true royalty. I present to you, Sir Tony St. Clair. 

St. Clair strolls out in purple wrestling pants with a gold lion on the back. He's also wearing an Ermine fur cape. 

St. Clair is all business in the ring. He executes a floating butterfly suplex, then swings off the ropes and hits a senton for the win. 

Nelson: Welcome back Mr. St. Clair..

Thornton cuts him off. 

Thornton: It's Sir Tony St. Clair! If you or anybody else makes that mistake again, you will face dire consequences. Now, Sir Tony would like to address his opponent at WrestleRock, one Leo Burke. 

St. Clair: True royalty has finally arrived in the AWA and now it's time to bring the world title back to the Queen. But first I've been signed to wrestle a commoner named Leo Burke at WrestleRock. This will be a grand opportunity to showcase all my talent and abilities in front of millions. When the match is over, that peon Burke and the entire wrestling world will remember why I am simple the best. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: fans, before we get to our main event, cameras are in the locker room with a furious Blackjack Mulligan. 

Mulligan: Hansen! I got it done boy! You and me have a showdown coming at WrestleRock! This old dog still has one last fight left in him and I intend on riding into the sunset as the last outlaw. 

Nelson: My goodness! Talk about an epic western duel between two legendary cowboys. WrestleRock just keeps getting better. Ok, main event time. 

'Bullet' Bob Armstrong vs. 'Superstar Bill Dundee 

armstrong.jpg.6181f6b7b3f734afb7f05a1e74e62a02.jpgdundee.jpg.0a5cf7cf42e5ca586dd8fd10b275238a.jpg

This is the first time Armstrong has gotten his hands on Dundee since Dundee turned on him at Title Night. The fans are going nuts as Armstrong gives Dundee a brutal beating. Boos as Chicky Starr runs out, but before he gets in the ring, Iceman Parsons runs out and tackles him. The Ref is distracted by Parsons pounding on Starr on the outside. Armstrong gives Dundee a Jawbreaker and covers but the Ref is still distracted. Austin Idol runs in the ring and whacks Armstrong with a loaded towel! Idol sets Dundee on top of Armstrong. The Ref finally turns around, runs over and counts 1..2..3! BOOOOOO! 

Idol runs over and nails Parsons from behind. The show ends as Idol and Starr stomp away on Parsons. 

Stay tuned for the complete WrestleRock line up! 

Hogan & Jumbo finally come to blows.

Big Jim % Big Bill are ready to get their hand on Vinnie.

Burke will not be overlooked.

Devastation Inc steals the six man.

Grizz is looking fierce.

David & Larry Z in a taped fist match? sold.

Hansen picked a fight in a real Outlaw in Mulligan.

Blackblood looks like a killer.

Jake looks ready for war. I'm not sure I can say the same about Nikita.

The Al-Stars look strong to close the night.

WrestleRock Full Card 

From the Metrodome in Minneapolis Mn

Live on pay per view 

Night 1

National Anthem sung by Bonnie Tyler 

'Lightning' Lou Perez vs. Mean Mike Miller 

Tatsumi 'The Dragon' Fujinami vs. Cannonball Griz 

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH! 

Carlos Colon vs. 'Mad Dog' Buzz Sawyer 

AWA TV Title Bout

Special Guest Ring Announcer-Phylicia Rashad 

'Bullet' Bob Armstrong/Iceman Parsons and a mystery partner w/Superstar Billy Graham

vs.

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol/'Superstar' Bill Dundee and Chicky Starr (The All-Stars) 

El Canek vs. Blackblood w/Skandor Akbar 

AWA National Tag Team Title Bout

The Olympians (C) vs. Sweet Dreams

Stan Hansen vs. Blackjack Mulligan 

STEEL CAGE BOUT for the AWA International Title!! 

AWA Mid American Champ 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff vs. AWA Southern Champ 'Lethal' Larry Cameron w/Skandor Akbar 

Concert performance by FOREIGNER!!!! 

NIGHT 2

America the Beautiful sung by Bonnie Tyler 

'Sir' Tony St. Clair w/Les Thornton vs. Leo Burke 

The Rose Cousins vs. a debuting Tag Team 

WrestleRock Rumble Taped Fist Match! 

Special Referee- Randall 'Tex' Cobb 

David Sammartino vs. 'The Living Legend' Larry Zbyszko

'Crippler' Rip Oliver vs. 'The Red Rooster' Terry Taylor 

Handicap match!

'Big' Jim Morris and 'The World's Strongest Man' Bill Kazmaier vs. Vinergy and The Vin Man 

GRUDGE MATCH! 

'The Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff vs. Jake the Snake Roberts 

Loser Leaves Town! 

AWA WORLD TITLE BOUT!!!! 

JUMBO TSURUTA (C) w/Ray Stevens vs. HULK HOGAN 

Concert Performance by ZZ Top!!!

WrestleFNrock!

'Lightning' Lou Perez

Tatsumi 'The Dragon' Fujinami

The British Bombers w/Skandor Akbar

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH! 

'Mad Dog' Buzz Sawyer 

AWA TV Title Bout

'Blockbuster' Brian Adias (C)

'Bullet' Bob Armstrong/Iceman Parsons and a mystery partner w/Superstar Billy Graham

El Canek

The Olympians (C)

Stan Hansen 

STEEL CAGE BOUT for the AWA International Title!! 

AWA Mid American Champ 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff

Concert performance by FOREIGNER!!!! 

NIGHT 2

America the Beautiful sung by Bonnie Tyler 

Glamour Doll

Leo Burke 

a debuting Tag Team 

Kokina w/Skandor Akbar 

Special Referee- Randall 'Tex' Cobb - FUCKING LOVE TEX!

David Sammartino

'The Red Rooster' Terry Taylor 

Handicap match!

'Big' Jim Morris and 'The World's Strongest Man' Bill Kazmaier

GRUDGE MATCH! 

'The Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff

Loser Leaves Town! 

The Fantastics 

AWA WORLD TITLE BOUT!!!! 

HULK HOGAN 

DON'T THINK FOR A SECOND HOGAN ISN'T WALKING OUT WITH THE SHIP BAY BAY!

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 7-5-89

Footage from last week's WrestleRock press conference is shown as Jumbo Tsuruta and Hulk Hogan fight and crash through a table. 

Greg Gagne is on the screen 

gagne.jpg.085d8e429a64a34587adac4978766b0b.jpg

Gagne: Hello Greg Gagne fans and welcome to AWA Major League Wrestling. That's right, the Greger is back again to open things up. The biggest news in the AWA is of course GregRock, which is only 2 weeks away. The biggest buzz regarding that event is that yours truly will be there for a monumental announcement. This is so big that I can't give it away on free TV. Trust me, I'm worth paying for. Ok, let's get to the show, although how can anything follow the Great Greg Gagne. 

Larry Nelson: Hello everyone. I'm not sure how Greg opens the show every week but I guess he has connections. Tonight's huge main event will be Paul Orndorff and Carlos Colon against Larry Cameron and Buzz Sawyer. I understand extra security will be on hand. Also, Ken Patera clashes with Sweet Brown Sugar. All that and a lot more, so lets go to the ring. 

El Canek vs. Carl Kellerman 

canek.jpg.b144562d8ceffccc2c1b875970131df6.jpg

Canek's ribs are taped from that attack by Blackblood a few weeks ago but he still gets the job done and wins the match with a sidewalk slam. 

There's a commotion as Skandor Akbar leads Blackblood towards the ring. Canek sees them, sprints to the ropes and suicide dives through and takes Akbar out! Before Blackblood can react, Canek is up and pounds away on Blackblood. Several prelim wrestlers get out there quick. 

Commercial Break 

AWA World Tag Champs The Guerreros vs. Harold Bannister and Trey Morgan 

guererros.jpg.8f482316fccd720ce74e4ecf5df680d7.jpg

The Guerreros are in sync and win the match with a double suplex. 

Nelson: Ok it's all or nothing at WrestleRock between you and the Fantastics. Winners get the titles and losers leave the AWA. Are you guys feeling any pressure? 

Chavo: Pressure? Are you kidding us? We've held these titles for over a year and have beaten those little crybabies many times. And guess what? We're going to beat them again and send them packing. 

Hector: That's right! Those Senoritas cried and cried for another match, well we're going to send them crying and packing. 

Commercial Break 

'Lightning' Lou Perez vs. Todd Rooney 

lou.jpg.ee3c4415bf3a30023e39182d1b577fda.jpg

Perez looks great and wins the match with a bridging back suplex. 

WHAM! Mike Miller nails Perez from behind and starts stomping away. 

Cheers as Tom Brandi hits the ring and dropkicks Miller from behind and sends him through the ropes. 

As Brandi is checking on Perez, Brian Adias runs out with his TV title belt, climbs the ropes, jumps off and nails Brandi's head with it! Adias storms over the ringside. 

Nelson: Come on Brian, that's not how a champion should act. 

Adias: Hey, an A-Lister like me always stays in the spotlight. I'm not some B actor like that chump Hulk Hogan. At WrestleRock I'm going to teach Brandi a lesson and then it's on to that wannabe actor Hogan. Oh and my good friend, Phylicia Rashad wanted me to personally tell everyone how excited she is to announce my TV title match at WrestleRock. I'm out of here! 

Commercial Break 

The Fantastics vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

fantastics.jpg.6f85e182fbf652ccdbdec5b7a7ca6f6b.jpg

The Fantastics excite the crowd and win the match with stereo Thesz Presses. 

Nelson: Well, I'm sure you heard the Guerreros earlier. 

Fulton: Yea, we heard them out here shooting their mouths off. It's nothing new to us. 

Rogers: What those cowards failed to mention is that they've always taken the chicken's way out against us. At WrestleRock, we're going to take the titles and send the Guerreros out of the AWA with their tails between their legs. 

Commercial Break 

Randall 'Tex' Cobb is on the screen

cobb.jpg.a56040c349aa093e6b523c6cf89ea9a6.jpg

Cobb: You know, I had so much fun last year at WrestleRock, that I'm coming back for more. Who better to Ref a taped fist match than me. I will guarantee a winner and believe me I'll keep order but I'm also gonna let Sammartino and Zbyszko fight. See you all at WrestleRock. 

AWA National Tag Champ Ken Patera vs. Sweet Brown Sugar

Both Brad Rheingans and Dream Machine have been banned from ringside. 

Sugar is all over Patera with hip tosses and dropkicks. Patera comes back and puts his strength to use with a series of power moves. Sugar comes back and has some serious momentum going. 

Wait a minute! 

Dream Machine hops on the apron and is yelling something at Sugar. Sugar is puzzled and walks over. Dream headbutts Sugar!?!?! Sugar goes down. The Ref is shocked but signals for the DQ. 

Patera and Dream Machine put the boots to Sugar.

Wait another minute! 

Dream Machine (???) runs out with a chair!

Patera barely escapes but Dream nails Dream's back. Dream then reaches down and pulls off Dream's mask, revealing Brad Rheingans! Rheingans rolls out as Patera helps him to the back. 

Dream Machine helps Sugar up and shows him the mask and explains what happened. Dream looks into the camera and yells "Olympians! Your ours at WrestleRock babay! 

Commercial Break 

We go to a hospital room where Iceman Parsons and Bob Armstrong are helping as Superstar Graham is being released from the hospital. 

Graham: I stand here with my brothers and I've seen the No stars play the numbers games on TV. Well that all changes at WrestleRock. My good friend is coming in to even things up and daddy the tide will turn in our favor. The Superstar will be in the corner and I can't wait to see the No Stars get their comeuppance!

Parsons: No Stars! You nothing but three rooty poos and at WrestleRock, the odds will be in our favor. 

Armstrong: You've had us down, you've had us beat and bruised but we're still here and we're going to see how tough you gutless wonders are when things get evened up. 

Back Live 

Nelson: Ok, I'm here with the All-Stars. You guys may have bitten off more than you can chew. 

Dundee: Oh we're really scared Larry. We've beaten up Armstrong and Parsons so many times, it'll be fun to do it again. Have mercy! 

Starr: We also sent that wannabe Billy Graham to the hospital. He say he's going to be in the corner at WresteRock? Great news for us because we can send him back to the hospital again (laughs) 

Idol: Oh darling, they just can't get enough. You know those jerks are so selfish that they're bringing in another partner to get beat up on. That's right! We don't care who they're bringing in, it's just another bum to beat up. WrestleRock is the night for stars, All-Stars darling! 

Commercial Break 

Vinergy w/The Vin Man vs. Ray Glader and Arnie Goldstein 

dukes.jpg.dbfc7042c030d11dd87fa5c779213ca9.jpgputski.jpg.67044e38c0e3ca3225c6eefa28899ee0.jpg

Dukes swings Glader to the ropes as Putski puts him down with the Polish Hammer. 

Nelson: Well, Vinnie, it appears all your interference has caught up with you. At WrestleRock, it's you and Vinergy against Jim Morris and Bill Kazmaier. (smirks) What's going through your head? 

Vinnie (breathing heavy) I..I.. I'm (starts hyperventilating) 

Gary Young runs out and gives Vinnie a paper bag to breath in. 

Dukes: Don't worry Vin Man, we got you boss.

Putski: Yea, come on Vin Man, we won't let anything happen to you. 

Young: Listen to them Vin. Morris and Kazmaier are a couple of oofs. They're no match for the well oiled machine Vinergy. 

Vinnie gives a little nod. He keeps breathing in the bag as Young and Vinergy take him away. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Ok before our main event.... Oh no! Jake the Snake Roberts! What are you doing here? 

Jake: (Damain around his neck) I just thought I would pay a little visit. That's the thing. You can get bit by a snake before you see anything coming. (Jake motions Damian towards Nelson) 

Nelson: (very nervous) Please Jake. 

Jake: Ahhhhh you beg? (looks into the camera) That's exactly what I want Nikita Koloff to do. I want him to beg for his life at WrestleRock. But then again, it won't help. My mission is to terminate Nikita Koloff and terminate I will. However, before I do that, I want him to beg and plead. Why? Well, that's the part I take pleasure in. Oh, I've been paid with a fortune but making Nikita suffer is the real joy, that's the real treasure. I assure you Colonel Kirchner, I will fulfill my part of the deal. I will rid Nikita Koloff from wrestling and there's not a damn thing he can do about it. 

Jake walks towards Nelson while pointing Damain at him. Nelson drops his mic and runs. 

We see Nikita Koloff lifting weights in the Russian Dungeon. He pauses and holds his stitched up head. He looks down while talking. 

Nikita: One moment at a time. As each day goes by, Nikita slowly get his strength back. I want the snake to know, my venom is more powerful than any poison he possesses. At WrestleRock, I will end the evil of Jake the Snake Roberts. 

Nikita takes a deep breath and continues to lift weights. 

Commercial Break 

AWA Mid-American Champ 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff and Carlos Colon

vs. 

AWA Southern Champ 'Lethal' Larry Cameron and 'Mad Dog' Buzz Sawyer 

orndorff.jpg.4695d6141bd2560e81d7c36b3d57ced3.jpgcolon2.jpg.a198ea6019feefabf0594e6232ab4a4d.jpgcameron.jpg.9a3062af92b41b9e4224044b78503c0e.jpgsawyer.jpg.570fc1e666d2b194f831c74434bf35eb.jpg

After what happened earlier, Skandor Akbar is in the back seeking medical treatment. 

The Ref didn't stand a chance. Orndorff and Cameron just start pounding away on each other as Colon and Sawyer have a brutal exchange. Things get crazy quick as Sawyer and Colon fight to the outside. Orndorff and Cameron fight through the ropes on the other side. The Ref throws the match out as the bell rings several times. As all four men fight all over the place, Security wearing riot gear run out to try and control this. 

OH NO! 

Cameron's stablemates Kokina and the British Bombers run out and attack Orndorff! 

Cheers as Steve Disalvo and Karachi Vice run out! 

Disalvo and Kokina are trading powerful blows as Karachi Vice and the Bombers go at it. 

Cameron grabs a cable and starts choking Orndorff! 

Sawyer steals a baton from a security guard and nails Colon with it!  

It's a wild and chaotic scene! 

Commercial Break 

Hulk Hogan is standing in front of a WrestleRock banner 

Hogan: Last week two forces collided, and you saw what happened. Oh yea, I felt the power of Jumbo Tsuruta and I know this won't be an easy mountain to conquer. But I made a promise to all my Hulkamaniacs that Hulk Hogan will conquer Mount AWA and Hulk Hogan will win the AWA title! Ray Stevens! You've been the instigator in all this and I'm going to shove all your words down your throat brother! My adrenaline is at an all time high and I'm going to blow the roof off of the Metrodome brother! So, Jumbo Tsuruta, whatcha gonna do when the power of Hulkamania runs wild on you!!!!!! 

Jumbo Tsuruta (title on his shoulder) and Ray Stevens are standing in front of a WrestleRock banner

Stevens: Tick tock, tick tock. You hear the clock ticking Hogan? In just two short weeks, Jumbo Tsuruta is going to show the entire wrestling world what a fraud you are. This is Jumbo's time! Jumbo is going to have the greatest world title reign in wrestling history and you Hulk Hogan will be just another notch in his belt. Just another fallen victim. Jumbo has been in the most intense training of his life. At WrestleRock he's going to pick you apart and rip you from limb to limb. You're history Hogan! History! 

Jumbo holds his title to the camera, rattles off a promo in Japanese. 

Stevens holds up a board with  Hulkamania written on it. 

Jumbo headbutts the board in half. Jumbo says Hogan's name and chops towards the camera. 

Brenda Britton goes over the entire WrestleRock 2 night event. 

See previous post for full WrestleRock card. 

Why is Greg Gagne on screen?

Blackblood tries to start something but Canek beats him to the punch.

Los Guerreros have found their swagger.

Adias steals Perez's spotlight.

The Fantastic's weren't impressed with the champs bravado.

Gotta admit, the Olympians pulled a clever trick.

Two solid promos sell the big six man tag.

Vinnie is the picture of confidence /s.

Roberts and Nikita are both preparing for war.

The tag team main event turns into a peir six brawl.

A couple of powerful promos from the main event of WrestleRock.

WrestleRock Preview Show 

WrestleRock will be a two night spectacular held in the Metrodome on Friday July 19th and Saturday July 20th. It will be broadcasted on pay per view. Foreigner will perform a concert on Friday. ZZ Top will perform a concert on Saturday. Bonnie Tyler will sing the National Anthem on Friday, then sing America the Beautiful on Saturday. 

Here's a preview of the matches. 

Night 1

'Lightning' Lou Perez vs. 'Mean' Mike Miller 

Miller has been targeting the 'pretty boys' in the AWA. Perez recently debuted and saved Tom Brandi from a Miller beatdown. This didn't sit well with Miller. Miller says Perez made the pretty boy list and will be dealt with at WrestleRock. 

Fujinami has been on a tour of Japan. Griz has been squashing opponents on TV and says he's going to do the same to Fujinami at WrestleRock. 

Karachi Vice arrived and wrestled the Bombers to a double c.o. The following week, Karachi Vice came to the aid of Steve Disalvo when he was being triple teamed by Kokina and the Bombers. Akbar says Karachi Vice will pay for sticking their noses where they don't belong. 

Last Man Standing Match! 

These guys have been in a violent and wild feud for over a year. Colon defeated Sawyer at last year's WrestleRock in a Carribean Death Match. Sawyer defeated Colon in a chain match at SuperClash and put Colon out of action with a vicious chain snap on Colon's neck. Colon says he needs to defeat Sawyer to move on with his life. Sawyer is eager to have more fun. This one's going to get bloody! 

AWA TV Title Bout

Adias is having a record run as TV champ, holding the title for 14 months. However, he's been distracted and obsessed with Hulk Hogan's movie star status. Brandi took Adias to a draw on TV and a rematch was signed for WrestleRock. Adias says this isn't Rocky and there's no way Brandi is going to take his TV title. 

'Bullet' Bob Armstrong/ Iceman Parsons and ??? w/Superstar Graham vs. The All-Stars (Austin Idol/Bill Dundee and Chicky Starr) 

This all started with Idol and Armstrong feuding. At Title Night, Dundee turned on Armstrong and sided with Idol. Chicky Starr came out and they triple teamed Armstrong. The following week the All-Stars were formed. The unimaginable happened when they gave Superstar Graham a brutal beating followed by two spiked piledrivers. Iceman Parsons tried to help but was met with a chair by Starr. Graham was hospitalized. Graham had Armstrong and Parsons come to his hospital room. He told them a good friend was coming in too even things up. Graham will also be in their corner. The All-Stars have been arrogant and way to overconfident leading into WrestleRock, saying they're just going to beat up 2 washed up losers yet again and the so called stupid friend coming in is going to have second thoughts. 

El Canek vs. Blackblood w/Skandor Akbar 

Out of nowhere Blackblood (along with Akbar) attacked Canek on TV. While that was going on, Greg Gagne was seen smiling and watching. It turns out, Gagne paid Akbar to take care of his old nemeses, Canek. Canek was out of action for a couple weeks but came back with a fury when he nailed Akbar with a suicide dive through the ropes. This feud has quickly escalated. 

AWA National Tag Title Bout 

The Olympians always talk about being by the book and clean scientific wrestling, but their matches have proven otherwise. Sweet Dreams earned this match and have actually been getting a lot of fan support. During solo matches, both teams have bent the rules and have played some big time mind games including Rheingans posing as Dream Machine under a mask. This will all come down to who outcheats who at WrestleRock. 

Hansen has made it a mission to be the last cowboy standing in the AWA. He has sent Dory Funk Jr. and the Gunslingers packing after soundly defeating them. The legendary Blackjack Mulligan just showed up on TV as a guest and of course Hansen had a big problem with this and nailed Mulligan from behind with a lariat. Later, a fuming Mulligan said he had one last fight in him and challenged Hansen to a match at WrestleRock. Who will win this old fashion showdown? 

STEEL CAGE BOUT FOR THE AWA INTERNATINAL TITLE! 

'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff (Mid-American Champ) vs. 'Lethal' Larry Cameron (Southern Champ) w/Skandor Akbar 

Orndorff won the Mid America title at SuperClash. Cameron brought the Southern title over after Memphis folded. It didn't take long for these two to start a feud on who the better champion is. Cameron took things to a different level when he piledrove Orndorff on a chair. AWA C.O.O. Gerry Morrow decided that these two champs would wrestle at Title Night. The titles would be unified into the International title. The match ended in a double c.o. and Akbar interfered heavily during the match. Morrow said this had to end with a clear cut winner. He signed them to wrestle in a steel cage at WrestleRock. Orndorff and Cameron have had a lot of hard hitting interactions on TV. Akbar was always there to keep the odds in Cameron's favor. So, at WrestleRock, there will be no interference and nowhere to go. An International champ will be crowned! 

Night 2 

This has been an underrated feud. They had a few matches on TV, then a flustered Doll attacked Huber and proceeded to put glitter and lipstick all over his face. Huber came back a few weeks later and crushed Doll's face with his sledgehammer, even forcing Doll out of Champagne Slam. They have been going at it since. Hopefully things will get settled at WrestleRock. 

Leo Burke vs. 'Sir' Tony St. Clair w/Les Thornton

Burke arrived in the AWA early this year and so far has had an extremely successful run. St. Clair came back and showed off his wealth and in ring skill by proclaiming he's simply the best. St. Clair then went to the UK where he was knighted. At the ceremony he was reunited with Les Thornton. St. Clair brought all the royalty back with him and has said Burke is nothing but an unworthy peon. 

The Rose Cousins vs. a debuting tag team 

The Rose's have been in a bit of a slump and jumped at the opportunity to get back on track at WrestleRock. They said they know they're in a difficult situation but this is their chance to get a comeback win on the big stage. 

Kokina w/Skandor Akbar vs. 'The Mighty Yankee' Steve Disalvo 

After Nick Busick left the AWA, his Bruiser partner Steve Strong decided to go back to his roots in Boston. Strong came back with his real name and new moniker. During a TV interview, the British Bombers came out and said they still had unfinished business but someone else wanted to finish it. Kokina attacked Disalvo and hit him with a big splash on the concrete. This will be a colossal collision at WrestleRock. 

WrestleRock Rumble Taped Fist Match

Special Ref- Randall 'Tex' Cobb 

'The Living Legend' Larry Zbyszko vs. David Sammartino 

Sammartino arrived in the AWA with a new look and attitude. Zbyszko didn't waste any time coming out to antagonize David, even bringing up Bruno and calling David, Bruno's boy. David told Zbyszko we can settle this in the ring. They had a match on TV and it ended with Zbyszko hitting David over his head with a steel chair. A pissed off David said if Zbyszko wanted a fight then he'll give him one. At WrestleRock they will settled things in a taped fist match with Randall Cobb officiating. This should be good. 

'Crippler' Rip Oliver vs. 'The Red Rooster' Terry Taylor 

Oliver was called in and promised a match at WrestleRock. Terry Taylor has been seen in a series of vignettes and will actually wrestle at WrestleRock. Taylor has been cocky and arrogant with his hair slicked back into a ponytail. He says he runs the AWA henhouse. Taylor was disappointed that his opponent will be Oliver and says he deserves better competition. Oliver says we'll see just who runs the henhouse in the AWA. 

'Big' Jim Morris and 'The World's Strongest Man' Bill Kazmaier vs. Vinergy and The Vin Man 

On TV, Vinnie interfered and helped Gary Young win matches against Morris and Kazmaier. Morris and Kaz were fed up and went to Gerry Morrow. The handicap match was announced but Vinnie thought Gary Young was teaming with Vinergy. When Nelson informed him that he was wrestling, Vinnie fainted and has been shaking and terrified ever since. Morris and Kaz says all his interference is going to bite him hard at WrestleRock. 

Grudge Match! 

'The Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff vs. Jake the Snake Roberts 

This got strange. We found out that Colonel Kirchner has been the man calling the shots in a mission to terminate Nikita Koloff. Sgt. Slaughter came in and had a brutal feud with Nikita. Nikita thought he had won the war when he defeated Slaughter in a boot camp match. Then the unthinkable happened. Jake the Snake showed up on TV, attacked Nikita and proceeded to DDT Nikita on the concrete! Nikita was a bloody mess and was taken out on a stretcher. In an eerie message, Kirchner had hired Jake as an assassin to take out Nikita. Jake said he was given a treasure but the real treasure is inflicting pain and agony on Koloff. Koloff was in a coma state for a while but finally woke up. Jake was actually happy about that. Koloff has been seen in his dungeon training but the effects of Jake's attacks are still there. Jake has been tuning up in underground matches and Damian is with him at all times. Will Nikita be ready or is WrestleRock going to be the nightmare Jake has promised? 

Greg Gagne major announcement 

Now that his issue with Canek is over, Gagne has been opening up AWA TV shows, promising a major announcement at WrestleRock. He's been as pompous and annoying as ever. I'm sure the Wrestling world is eagerly awaiting this bombshell. 

Loser Leaves the AWA!

This started all the way back at SuperClash. Both teams were fan favorites and a clean title match was expected. Well, the Guerreros cheated to retain the titles. Since then, every time these teams have wrestled, the Guerreros have escaped with their titles by DQs or C.O.'s Enough is enough and the Fantastics issued a challenge. Winners get the titles, losers leave the AWA, simple as that. 

AWA World Title Bout!! 

Jumbo Tsuruta (C) w/Ray Stevens vs. Hulk Hogan 

Jumbo won the world title at Superclash and has soundly defeated all challengers. Hogan shocked the wrestling world when he arrived in the AWA. The AWA has reached a level never before seen, thanks to Hogan's arrival. He's starred in a main stream movie and helped seal the deal with Sports Channel America. His merchandise is through the roof and attendance for his matches have been at an all time high. Everybody is happy, except Ray Stevens and Jumbo Tsuruta. Ray took exception to all the attention Hogan was getting. He said while Hogan was playing actor and businessman, Jumbo has been on a terror as the most dominant world champion in AWA history. In fact, it was Stevens who issued this challenge. He says Jumbo is out to prove a painful point by exposing Hogan for the fraud that he is. After a few close calls, these two finally made serious contact at the press conference and both men ended up falling through a table. This will be the biggest main event in AWA history. Can Hogan finally conquer Mount AWA or will the bone crushing champ Tsuruta be more than he can handle. We'll all find out at WrestleRock! 

Great work leading up to Wrestle Rock!

Greg Rock is priceless!  I found what you have done with Gagne is similar in real life to Larry Z but I seem to hate him even more then I did Larry Z.  Awesome job!!

I think Wrestle Rock was such a good idea by the AWA.  The WWF tried it with Cindi Lauper and Captain Lou but it was just too gimmicky.  The WAW did it perfect.

I remember watching Larry Homes vs Randell Tex Cobb live regular tv one Friday night in like 1981 or 1982.  Howard Cosell seemed real upset at the beating Tex took that night.  For me, I just thought it was cool seeing a heavyweight title fight on TV.  I don't think I saw any others when I was that age.

I can't decide what match I am most looking forward too but I am really excited for:

Larry Z- David Sammartino

Nikita and Snake 

Hogan -Jumbo

And lets not forget.... The big announcement by Greg Gagne!!

AWA

awa2.jpg.25aae2400209e6fcd3602652b57f62eb.jpg

Presents 

WrestleRock 89 

From the Metrodome, Minneapolis MN 

metrodome.jpg.2965ef6019151f9ac794088cfd594621.jpg

Night 1 

7-19-89

The pay per view kicks off with the camera spanning all over the Metrodome crowd. The fans cheer wildly as WrestleRock banners hang down behind them. The camera hits the center of the ring. Bonnie Tyler stands on the WrestleRock logo and sings a beautiful rendition of the National Anthem. The fans cheer as Bonnie blows them kisses. The camera goes ringside with Brenda Britton and AWA C.O.O. Gerry Morrow. 

Brenda: Hi everybody and welcome to Night 1 of WrestleRock 89. Here to get the event going is the one and only AWA C.O.O. Gerry Morrow. 

Morrow: AHHHHH Thank you Brenda. (Looks at the crowd) My dear guests, welcome to WrestleRock 89! 

Brenda: Ok Nelson, you and Resnick may come out and attend to your ringside duties. Toooooodles! 

Larry Nelson and Ken Resnick come out in tuxedos and sit down at ringside to call tonight's action. 

'Mean' Mike Miller vs. 'Lightning' Lou Perez 

Miller comes to the ring in full biker gear, chaps, black headband, black vest. 

Perez enters the ring wearing a silver windbreaker with a lighting bolt on the back. 

The bell rings and Miller immediately attacks Perez. Miller punches away on Perez, then slams his head on the turnbuckle several times. Miller rakes Perez's face across the top rope, chokes him on the rope, then flings him back. Miller swings Perez into the corner and charges in, but Perez moves. Miller hits hard and falls back down. Perez regroups. 

Miller staggers up as Perez dropkicks him into the turnbuckles. Miller staggers forward as Perez back drops him. Miller staggers up as Perez hip tosses him. Miller staggers up, Perez charges but Miller nails him with a punch to the face. 

Miller chokes away on Perez, then grinds his elbow into Perez's face. Miller picks up Perez and slams him down. Miller angrily stomps down on Perez's shoulder. Miller hoists Perez up and delivers a shoulder breaker 1..2..Perez gets his foot on the rope. Miller argues with the Ref for too long. Miller picks up Perez and hoists him up for a vertical suplex but Perez fights his way out, slides down behind Miller and executes a bridging back suplex 1..2..3!!! Big Pop! 

Winner of the Match- Lou Perez 

Griz enters the ring wearing a checkered wrestling pants/singlet. 

Fujinami walks to the ring with a white towel around his neck as members from the Japanese media take pictures. 

The opening minutes is all Fujinami as he flusters Griz with wrestling holds and takedowns. Fujinami turns things up as he lays the chops in on Griz. Fujinami swings Griz to the ropes and applies the sleeper! Fujinami wrenches away, but Griz backpedals Fujinami into the turnbuckles to break the hold. Griz then gives Fujinami a vicious back elbow to the face. 

Griz grabs Fujinami by his hair and flings him across the ring. Griz picks up Fujinami, spins him around and slams him down hard. Griz swings off the ropes and hits a big elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Griz swings Fujinami to the corner and charges in with a running forearm blast. Griz goes to town on Fujinami with clubbing forearm blasts. Griz swings Fujinami to the ropes and goes for a clothesline but Fujinami ducks, swings off the ropes and hits Griz with a cross body block 1..2..Kick Out. Fujinami picks up Griz and slams him down. Fujinami goes to the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop. Fujinami swings Griz front first into the turnbuckles. Griz hits hard and staggers back as Fujinami puts him down with an Enzuigiri 1..2..3!! Fujinami bows to the Japanese media while they take more pictures. 

Winner of the Match- Tatsumi Fujinami 

Skandor leads his team to the ring. The Bombers are wearing matching blue wrestling pants with RAF bomber planes on the back. 

Karachi Vice enter the ring wearing their traditional turbans. 

The bell rings but Akbar is still in the ring taunting Karachi Vice. The Bombers get involved and before we know it a pier six brawl ensues. Makhan punches Akbar down. Karachi Vice are all over the Bombers. Gama is pounding away on Smith in one corner while Makhan is hammering down on Dave in the other. Akbar staggers up just as Karachi Vice swing the Bombers into him. Akbar twirls around and falls through the ropes. 

The Ref finally gets order. 

Gama nails Dave with a clothesline, then follows with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Gama tags in Makhan. Karachi Vice double suplexes Dave. Makhan picks up Dave, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Makhan follows with a standing fist drop 1..2..Smith breaks it. Gama runs in but the Ref guides him back. This allows Smith to clip Makhan's knee from behind. Dave regains his senses, rolls over and tags in Smith. 

Smith grabs Makhan by his hair, runs with him and smashes his head on the turnbuckle. Smith starts kicking away on Makhan in the corner. Smith snapmares Makhan and follows with a knee to the back of the head 1..2..Kick Out. Dave sticks his boot out. Smith slams Makhan's head on it and tags in Dave. They swing Makhan to the ropes and put him down with a double clothesline. Dave swings Makhan to the corner and follows with a running European uppercut. Dave grabs Makhan, but Makhan headbutts him down. Makhan falls down, rolls over and tags in Gama. 

Gama storms the ring and unloads on Dave, picks him up and hits an inverted atomic drop and follows with an ear clap, then  puts Dave down with a standing dropkick 1..2..Smith breaks it. Smith picks up Gama and hits a gut buster. Makhan runs in and fights Smith to the corner. The Ref is trying to break it up. Dave swings Gama to the ropes, headbutts his mid section, then follows with a snap suplex. Akbar gets in the ring with a chair. Dave holds Gama. Akbar swings the chair down but Gama kicks Akbar. Akbar and the chair fall down. Gama hip tosses Dave over. The Ref finally guides Smith to the corner. Karachi Vice double slam Dave onto the chair. Gama applies the Boston Crab on Dave. Smith runs back in but Makhan shoulder blocks him down. Dave nods his head up and down in submission. The fans cheer as the Ref signals for the bell! 

Karachi Vice happily walk up the aisle as Akbar and the Bombers try to regroup in the ring. 

Winners of the Match- Karachi Vice 

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH! 

This match is anything goes and the only way to win is for your opponent to be down for a 10 count. Basically the Ref's only job is to make the counts. 

Quiet Riot's Metal Health blasts over the speakers as Buzz Sawyer walks down the aisle with a chain around his neck. Sawyer laughs maniacally as he waits in the ring swinging his chain around. 

Europe's Final Countdown plays as Colon comes out with a baseball bat and vengeance in his eyes. 

Sawyer leaves the ring and sprints up the aisle with his chain as Colon sprints towards Sawyer with his bat. The bell rings. Sawyer swings his chain as Colon swings his bat. The bat hits the chain and both go flying. Sawyer and Colon don't waste a beat as they start pounding away on each other. They fight up and down the aisle, all around the ring and into the crowd. Sawyer grabs a fan's beer and throws it in Colon's face. Sawyer then hurls Colon over the guardrail and by the announcer's table. Sawyer grabs the ringside bell. Colon staggers up as Sawyer blasts him with the bell! Colon is busted open and falls down. The Ref starts the count 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..Colon is on his knees then slowly rises. Sawyer smiles, grabs Colon and swings him into the ringside steps. Sawyer picks up Colon and bodyslams him on the concrete. The Ref starts the count 1..2..3..4..5..6..Colon slowly rises. Sawyer charges Colon, but Colon uses this momentum and swings Sawyer into the steel post! 

Colon uses this time to clear the cobwebs. Sawyer is staggering around. Colon grabs Sawyer and swings him face first into the steel post. Colon grabs Sawyer's head and rams it into the steel post several times until Sawyer's face is a bloody mess. Colon hoists Sawyer up and suplexes him on the concrete. The Ref counts 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..Sawyer rises. Colon clotheslines him down, then hurls him into the ring. Colon goes to the top rope. Sawyer slowly rises as Colon nails him with a flying clothesline. Colon then clamps on the figure four. Colon wrenches away as Sawyer screams in pain. Colon releases the hold as the Ref counts 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..Sawyer is able to limp up. Colon grabs him and hurls him out of the ring. Colon goes out on the apron. Sawyer staggers up as Colon attempts another clothesline but Sawyer just falls to the ground as Colon flies into the guardrail.

The Ref starts the count on both men. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..Both men slowly rise. Colon staggers forward as Sawyer grabs him and powerslams him onto the concrete! Sawyer gets up and slowly walks over and picks up his chain. Sawyer starts laughing as he comes back and starts choking Colon with the chain. Sawyer wraps the chain around his fist and starts punching down on Colon's bloody head. Sawyer hurls Colon into the ring. Sawyer throws the chain in the ring and follows. Sawyer swings Colon to the ropes and powerslams him over. Sawyer smiles as he swings Colon to the ropes and hits another powerslam! The Ref starts the count 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..Sawyer grabs his chain..8..9..The fans cheer as Colon rises! Sawyer clotheslines Colon with the chain. Sawyer wraps the chain around Colon's neck. Colon is fighting it. Colon is able to flip Sawyer over. Colon grabs the chain and starts choking the life out of Sawyer. Colon looks like a madman as he uses every ounce of strength to choke Sawyer. Colon becomes so exhausted he falls back and down. 

Sawyer is fighting for breath as Colon is trying to remain conscious. Colon slowly gets up, rolls out of the ring, gets a trashcan and hurls it into the ring. Colon walks over and grabs his baseball bat. Colon gets back into the ring. Colon sets his bat down. Sawyer staggers up as Colon nails him with the trashcan. Colon puts the trashcan on Sawyer's head. Colon grabs his baseball bat and just starts hitting the trashcan with it! Sawyer falls down with the trashcan still over his head. Colon picks up the chain, the kicks the trashcan off Sawyer. Colon wraps the chain around Sawyer's neck. Colon Irish whips Sawyer, then snaps the chain back (payback for Superclash) !!! It's a gruesome sight as Sawyer's bloody head snaps back. Sawyer is down. The Ref starts the count 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10!!!! 

Colon still has the chain clenched in his hands. Colon slowly drops the chain and just falls to his knees. Colon is bloody, teary eyed and beyond exhausted. He looks over at Sawyer and mouths "It's over" 

Medics rush the ring to attend to Sawyer. 

Winner of the Match- Carlos Colon 

AWA TV Title Bout 

Special Guest Ring Announcer- Phylicia Rashad 

The Cosby Show theme plays as Rashad enters the ring to a standing ovation. She smiles and waves to the fans. 

Michael Jackson's Thriller plays as Brandi trots down the aisle and slingshots into the ring. Rashad applauds him as Brandi kisses her hand. 

A red carpet is rolled down the aisle. Academy Award Statutes are set up at the top of the aisle. Adias steps out and poses between the statutes. Adias is wearing a white Don Johnson Miami Vice style suit and sunglasses. He holds his TV title high and arrogantly walks down the aisle. A fan holds up a Hulkamania poster. Adias walks over, grabs the poster and rips it up. Adias enters the ring and gives Rashad notes on how to announce him. 

During the introductions, Brandi gets a huge pop. The fans then burst out laughing as Rashad introduces Adias as Adidas. Adias throws a fit as Rashad smiles and shrugs her shoulders. 

The bell rings and Adias is furious. He charges Brandi but Brandi back drops him. Adias angrily gets up but Brandi dropkicks him out of the ring. The fans are heckling Adias as he staggers up and stumbles back down. Brandi goes to the apron. Adias rises as Brandi nails him with a double axehandle. Brandi grabs Adias and hurls him back into the ring. Brandi goes to the top rope. Adias slowly rises as Brandi hits a sunset flip 1..2..Adias barely kicks out. Brandi reaches down but Adias nails him with a lowblow just out of the Ref's sight. Adias then hurls Brandi out of the ring. Adias gets a much needed breather. 

Brandi gets on the apron as Adias nails him with a punch, then suplexes him back into the ring. Adias swings Brandi to the ropes and flips him over with a knee to the mid section. Adias picks up Brandi and executes a gut wrench suplex. Adias angrily stomps away on Brandi, then hits a jumping knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Adias picks up Brandi and swings him front first into the turnbuckles, then grabs Brandi and executes a German suplex 1..2..Brandi gets his shoulder up. Adias hoists Brandi up for a suplex but Brandi fights it, pauses and Suplexes Adias over. 

Both men rise as Brandi dropkicks Adias down. Adias staggers up as Brandi dropkicks him into the turnbuckles. Brandi hoists Adias up on the turnbuckles. Brandi hops up and goes for a superplex but Adias rakes the eyes and punches Brandi off the turnbuckles. Adias waits. Brandi rises as Adias nails him with a missile dropkick. The fans boo as Adias poses and admires what he just did. 

Adias slams Brandi to the mat, then goes to the top rope. Adias holds his arms out in pure arrogance before jumping off and nailing Brandi with a flying elbow drop. Adias stands up, then puts one knee on Brandi's chest 1..2..Kick Out. The fans cheer as Adias berates the Ref.

Adias spends too much time arguing with the Ref. Brandi slowly rises, then rolls Adias over 1..2..Adias barely kicks out. Adias jumps up and throws a punch but Brandi blocks it and fires away on Adias, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Adias staggers up as Brandi swings off the ropes and hits a flying press 1..2..Kick Out. Brandi swings Adias into the corner, runs up and monkey flips Adias over. Brandi goes to the top rope. Adias staggers up as Brandi nails him with a missile dropkick of his own. Adias rolls out of the ring. Adias blindly walks around, sees his TV title, grabs it and starts to walk away. Brandi runs out after him. Brandi tackles Adias from behind, grabs him by his hair and hurls him back into the ring. Brandi goes to the top rope and waits. Adias stands up, then turns around as Brandi hits him with a perfect flying press but Adias carries the momentum over and grabs a handful of tights 1..2..3!!! BOOOOOOO! 

Adias quicky rolls out of the ring, grabs his TV title, holds it up in front of Phylicia Rashad and exits. 

Brandi is clearly disappointed, but the fans and Rashad give him a standing ovation. 

Winner of the Match and STILL AWA TV Champ- Brian Adias 

INTERMISSION 

Nelson: Ok fans, what an event WrestleRock has been so far. And we're only half way through the first night. 

Resnick: You said it Larry. A lot more action still to come and don't forget about the big concert after the show with none other than Foreigner performing. Well hey, let's get back to the incredible action. 

The All-Stars ('The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol, Superstar Bill Dundee and Chicky Starr)

VS. 

'Bullet' Bob Armstrong, Iceman Parsons and a Mystery Partner w/Superstar Billy Graham  

Joan Jett's Do You want to touch me plays as The All-Stars strut down the aisle. These guys are all wearing colorful wrestling attire and sparkle off the lights as they confidently enter the ring. Dundee grabs the mic. 

Dundee: You know, I don't know why you fans think we're the bad guys here. That washed up Armstrong started all this. That tag a long Parsons is an instigator and then there's Billy Graham. That imposter is the one who stole Austin Idol's charisma, Chicky Starr's coolness and of course my own damn moniker. Hey boys! We don't care who you have for a partner, he's going down just like all of you nobodies. Have mercy! 

The All-Stars hug and high five. 

The crowd roars as Bad to the Bone blasts over the stadium. Armstrong and Parsons walk up the aisle and stop by the announcer's table. The fans continue to roar as Superstar Billy Graham appears and walks down the aisle holding up his fist. He's in all his tye dye and is in full Superstar mode. He hugs Armstrong and Parsons, then grabs the mic. 

Graham: All-Stars! The real deal superstar is back daddy along with my family. Oh but there's still one more family member coming. And here he is! 'The Rock' Don Muraco!!!!! 

Dick Dale's Misirlou blasts and the fans go nuts as Muraco comes out in a tye dye tank top. He smiles and points up at the All-Stars. The All-Stars are throwing a tantrum and arguing with the Ref that this isn't fair. Really??? 

Muraco, Graham, Armstrong and Parsons have a group hug, then look up into the ring. They smile and storm in there! 

The bell rings as a wild brawl starts things off! Fists and bodies are flying as all six men have a furious exchange. Armstrong, Parsons and Muraco stereo clothesline the All-Stars over the top rope. Graham is fired up as his men soak in all the cheers. On the outside, the All-Stars slow down and regroup. They are pissed and walk towards Graham. Muraco, Armstrong and Parsons all go to the outside and another fight ensues. The Ref is letting it go for now. The All-Stars get thrown back into the ring. Armstrong, Parsons and Muraco swing them to the ropes and stereo clothesline all of them down. After a minute, the Ref gets some order. 

It's Dundee and Parsons as the legal men. Parsons works over Dundee and slams him down, then tags in Armstrong. They swing Dundee to the ropes and double back drop him. Dundee staggers up into the wrong corner as Muraco levels him with a punch between the eyes. Armstrong flings Dundee across the ring and points to Idol. Dundee tags in Idol. Idol struts around then tries to kick Armstrong low but Armstrong grabs his foot, spins him around and atomic drops him into a reeling Dundee. Idol tags in Starr. Starr doesn't want to get in there but Armstrong grabs him and flings him into the ring. Armstrong pinballs Starr all over the ring then tags in Muraco. Muraco hits Starr with a throat thrust, then puts him down with a Russian Leg Sweep 1..2..Idol and Dundee break it. Armstrong and Parsons charge and Idol and Dundee retreat. Muraco tags in Parsons. Parsons swings Starr to the ropes, kicks him in the mid section and vertical suplexes him over. Parsons swings off the ropes but Idol and Dundee nail him with knees to the back. Starr crawls over and tags in Dundee. 

Dundee stomps away on Parsons, hops on the middle ropes and hits a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Dundee pushes Parsons into the corner. Idol chokes him as Dundee lays in the boots. Armstrong and Muraco come in but the Ref gets in front of them. Dundee holds Parsons as Starr comes off the top rope with an elbow to the top of the head. Dundee executes a back breaker on Parsons and tags in Idol. Idol chokes Parsons on the bottom rope. The Ref gets Idol off but this allows Dundee to choke Parsons with his boot. Starr then adds insult with a slap. Idol hoists up Parsons and delivers a delayed vertical suplex. Idol goes to the top rope and comes down with a knee drop but Parsons moves, rolls over and tags in Armstrong. The fans go wild as Armstrong pounds away on Idol. Idol is on his knees begging but Armstrong smiles and kicks away on him. Armstrong puts Idol in a chin lock and clubs away on his chest. Armstrong then clamps on a headlock and punches Idol several times on his head. Armstrong lets go as Idol just collapses. Armstrong tags in Muraco. Muraco hits a running neck twist on Idol 1..2..Dundee and Starr break it. Another brawl ensues as Armstrong and Parsons punch them back to their corner. 

Muraco tags in Parsons. Parsons swings Idol to the ropes and puts him down with a high knee. Parsons tags in Armstrong. They swing Idol to the ropes and double clothesline him down. Armstrong hoists Idol up for a suplex but Dundee and Starr run in and clip him. Muraco and Parsons charge and its chaos again. The Ref gets order. Idol crawls over and tags in Starr. 

Starr slams Armstrong by the ropes, then grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Armstrong. Dundee chokes Armstrong as Starr stomps away. Starr swings Armstrong to the ropes and puts him down with a thrust shot. Starr swings off the ropes and hits his corkscrew elbow drop 1..2..Muraco breaks it. Dundee runs in but Muraco clotheslines him down. The Ref guides Muraco back. Idol runs in, hoists Armstrong up and hot shots him on the top rope. Parsons runs in but the Ref quickly stops him. Idol and Starr stereo boot rake Armstrong's face. Starr tags in Dundee. Dundee suplexes Armstrong, goes to the top rope and crashes down with his Bomb's Away 1..2..Parsons breaks it. Starr runs in but Muraco shoulder blocks him through the ropes. Dundee tags in Idol. Idol hoists Armstrong up and executes a shin breaker. Idol then clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock. Idol wrenches away. Armstrong reaches the ropes but Dundee kicks his hands off. Graham runs over and yanks Dundee off the apron. Starr grabs Graham as Dundee slaps him. Muraco runs over and fights with Starr. Parsons nails Idol with an elbow drop which forces Idol to release the Las Vegas Leglock. Idol tags in Dundee. Muraco guides Graham back to their side. 

Dundee reaches down but Armstrong lowblows him, rolls over and tags in Muraco. Muraco slams Dundee down, then headbutts his groin. Muraco picks up Dundee and executes an Oklahoma Stampede 1..2..Idol and Starr stomp down on Muraco. Parsons runs in, grabs Idol and Starr and knocks their heads together. A beaten up Armstrong gets in there, grabs Idol and puts him down with a Jawbreaker! Parsons swings Starr to the ropes and puts him down with his hip attack! Muraco has Dundee in the middle of the ring. He points to Graham and smiles. Muraco hoists Dundee up and puts him down with a tombstone piledriver! 1..2..3! HUGE POP! 

Graham enters the ring and hugs all his guys. He stands between them as they all raise their arms in victory. 

Winners of the match- Iceman Parsons, Bob Armstrong and Don Muraco

El Canek vs. Black Blood w/Skandor Akbar 

Skandor leads the mysterious Blackblood to the ring. Blackblood is carrying an axe handle. The Ref points to it and warns him. Blackblood swings the axe handle towards the Ref but Akbar calms Blackblood down and takes the axe handle. 

Canek comes down the aisle in a colorful cape and mask. He takes off his cape, hops on the apron. Blackblood and Akbar are yelling and threatening him. Canek jumps on the top rope, dives in the ring and clotheslines both men down. The Ref signals for the bell. Akbar rolls out of the ring and falls to the ground. Blackblood rises as Canek takes him over with a flying head scissors. Canek follows with more flying head scissors. A dazed Blackblood staggers up as Canek puts him back down with a running bicycle kick 1..2..Kick Out. Canek picks up Blackblood and hits a Saito suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Canek swings Blackblood to the ropes and nails him with a flying elbow to the top of the head. Canek swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Canek hoists Blackblood up and holds him for a delayed suplex, but Akbar reaches in and trips Canek. 

Both men rise as Blackblood sends Canek through the ropes with a forearm blast. Blackblood distracts the Ref as Akbar stomps down on Canek. Blackblood goes to the outside and slams Canek on the concrete. Blackblood picks up Canek and slams his head on the announcer's table, then hurls Canek back in the ring. Blackblood goes to the top rope. Canek slowly rises as Blackblood puts him down with a double axehandle. Blackblood picks up Canek and throat drops him on the top rope. Blackblood follows with several rabbit punches to the back, then delivers consecutive back breakers 1..2..Kick Out. Blackblood presses Canek up and snake eyes him on the turnbuckles. Blackblood covers 1..2..Kick Out. Akbar yells at the Ref. Blackblood swings Canek into the corner and charges in but Canek runs forward and clotheslines Blackblood down. 

Canek regroups. Blackblood staggers up as Canek grabs him and sidewalk slams him down. Canek goes on a suplex rampage, snap suplex, gut wrench suplex, inverted suplex slam. Then in a true feat of strength, Canek performs a Gorilla Press and slam! Canek then hoists Blackblood on the top rope. Canek hops up and goes for a superplex, but Akbar runs over and whacks Canek with the axe handle! Canek falls back and down with Blackblood on top. Blackblood staggers up, goes to the top rope and crashes down with a flying knee drop 1..2..3!! 

Winner of the Match- Black Blood. 

Nelson: Fans, before we get to our National tag team title bout. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to welcome back to the AWA, Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson, the Rock n Roll Express! 

The fans go crazy as the RnR Express head down the aisle. They stop with Nelson but before they can say a word, Skandor Akbar comes over. 

Akbar: You all just saw what Devastation Inc is all about. Now, the AWA seems to think that you two sissys  are a big deal in the tag team world. However, I have just acquired a team that thinks otherwise. 

WHAM! 

RnR are attacked from behind by the MOONDOGS! The Moondogs pound down on Ricky and Robert and start hitting them with their bones! Security and officials run out to stop this chaotic scene. 

The Eurythmics Sweet Dreams plays as the masked team makes their way into the ring. In unison the crowd chants 'Sweet Dreams babay" 

The Winners Go for the Gold plays as the Olympians come out in their Olympic themed attire. Man, do they look proud. 

During the introductions, the Ref checks both teams closely for foreign objects. The Olympians taunt Sweet Dreams with their titles before the match starts. 

The bell rings and Rheingans and Sugar start things off. The first few minutes is surprisingly clean until the Ref tries to get Rheingans to break a hold in the ropes. During the break, Rheingans slaps Sugar. Sugar slaps Rheingans back, tempers flare and next thing you know all four men are in the ring pushing each other. The Ref guides Dream back as Patera hits Sugar from behind. Rheingans proceeds to work Sugar over with a combination of scientific holds and rulebreaking. Rheingans tags in Patera and they double slam Sugar. Patera chokes Sugar while taunting Dream. Patera swings Sugar to the ropes and clamps on a bearhug, but Dream from the top rope comes down and hits Patera. Rheingans runs in but Dream starts shuffling and jabbing Rheingans, then unwinds and puts him down with a right hook.

The Ref gets control. Sugar is able to tag in Dream. Dream unloads on Patera, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Dream does a two step and comes down with a standing fist drop 1..2.. Kick Out. Dream picks up Patera and a jumping headbutt sends Patera back to his corner. He tags in Rheingans. Rheingans walks up to Dream and pushes him. Dream kicks him in the mid section and suplexes him over. Dream tags in Sugar. Sweet Dreams hit a double jumping headbutt. Sugar hops on the middle ropes. Rheingans staggers up as Sugar nails him with a leaping headbutt 1..2..Kick Out. Sugar swings Rheingans to the ropes and hits a flying press 1..2..Patera breaks it. As the Ref guides Patera back, Dream runs in and they double slam Rheingans. Sugar tags in Dream. Dream swings off the ropes but Patera blasts him with a forearm to the back. Dream staggers into a gut wrench suplex by Rheingans. 

Rheingans tags in Patera. Rheingans holds Dream as Patera comes off the top rope with an elbow to Dream's head. Patera unleashes his power game as he works over Dream with slams, suplexes and hard hitting shots. Patera then clamps on the full nelson. Patera wrenches away but Sugar leaps off the top rope and nails Patera with a double axe handle to the back. Rheingans runs in but Sugar dropkicks him down. Dream is able to roll over and tag in Sugar as Patera tags in Rheingans. 

Rheingans charges but Sugar hip tosses him. As Rheingans rises, Sugar hits a quick sunset flip 1..2..Kick Out. Rheingans gets up but Sugar grabs him from behind and pushes him towards the ropes for an O'Connor Roll but Patera clotheslines Sugar. Rheingans covers but Dream runs in with a stomp. Patera comes in and him and Dream fight to the corner. All four men start fighting. The Ref gets tangled up and takes a bump. 

Sugar headbutts Rheingans down. While on the ground, Rheingans reaches in his tights and pulls out a roll of coins. Meanwhile Patera has Dream down and pulls out a foreign object from his boot. Sugar comes from behind and nails Patera as the foreign object falls to the ground. Dream grabs it and loads his mask. Rheingans nails the back of Sugar's head with the roll of coins as Dream headbutts Patera with his loaded mask. Rheingans covers Sugar as Dream covers Patera. The Ref slowly crawls over and counts 1..2..3! 

Dream jumps up and so does Rheingans. They try and revive their partners. After a couple minutes both teams are in opposite corners with their hands raised in victory. The Ref talks to the ring announcer. It's announced that Rheingans and Sugar were the legal men, therefore, the Olympians are the winners. The fans boo as the Olympians jump up and down in full celebration. They walk out with the titles and show them off all the way up the aisle. 

Winners of the Match and STILL AWA National Tag Team Champs- The Olympians

In what's been built as an old fashion stand off, the Western theme is in full affect, Hansen storms down the aisle to Johnny Cash's When the man comes around. On his way to the ring, Hansen grabs Larry Nelson and roughs him up a little. 

The Good The Bad and The Ugly theme plays as Mulligan walks down the aisle. His eyes are locked on Hansen the entire time. 

The bell rings and their cowboy hats fly off as they have a serious exchange. They punch away on each other as neither gives an inch. Mulligan gets a slight advantage, then body slams Hansen. Mulligan puts his knee on Hansen's chest and fires away with punches to his head. Mulligan then applies the claw! Mulligan wrenches away as Hansen fights it. Hansen reaches his hands up and rakes Mulligan's face. Hansen rolls away. 

Hansen regroups and starts pounding away on Mulligan and slams him down. Hansen stomps away. Hansen picks Mulligan up, swings him to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Mulligan swings back and hits a jumping back elbow smash 1..2..Hansen kicks out. 

Mulligan swings Hansen into the corner and charges in, but Hansen nails Mulligan with a boot to the face. Mulligan staggers back as Hansen puts him down with a devastating lariat 1..2..3! 

Hansen gets up and flashes the Bullhorn sign. 

Winner of the Match- Stan Hansen 

STEEL CAGE BOUT!

For the AWA International Title

AWA Mid American Champ 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff

vs. 

AWA Southern Champ 'Lethal' Larry Cameron w/Skandor Akbar 

AWA C.O.O. Gerry Morrow holds up the AWA International title and sets it on the announcer's table. 

The Rolling Stones Gimmie Shelter plays as Skandor Akbar leads a very determined looking Cameron to the cage. Cameron takes off his AWA Southern title and holds it up with one arm, the enters the cage as Akbar stays on the outside. 

John Mellencamp's Crumbl'n Down plays as Orndorff walks down the aisle looking pretty damn determined himself. He takes off his robe and holds up his AWA Mid American title as the fans cheer. 

Akbar starts yelling at Orndorff. Orndorff grabs Akbar and throws him into the outside of the cage. Orndorff runs into the cage. The outside Ref slams it shut and locks it as Orndorff and Cameron hammer away on each other. 

Orndorff gets the upper hand, grabs Cameron and hurls his body over the ropes and into the cage. Orndorff grabs Cameron by his boots and drags him back into the ring. Orndorff picks up Cameron and hurls his body into the other side of the cage. Cameron just sinks down. Orndorff picks up Cameron and rams his head several times into the cage. Orndorff draws first blood as Cameron starts to bleed. Orndorff slams Cameron back into the ring. Orndorff hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Cameron gets his shoulder up. Orndorff reaches down but Cameron gives him a low blow uppercut. Orndorff falls over. 

Cameron is in a daze and it takes a minute for him to regain his senses. He slowly rises then kicks and stomps away on Orndorff. Cameron picks up Orndorff and hurls him face first into the cage. Cameron grabs Orndorff, runs with him and hurls him face first into the opposite side of the cage. Now Orndorff is bleeding. Cameron takes Orndorff's bloody face and grinds it into the steel cage. Cameron grabs Orndorff's hair and hurls him back into the ring. Cameron swings Orndorff to the ropes and puts him down with a double axe handle to the head 1..2..Orndorff gets his shoulder up. On the outside Akbar finally rises and cheers Cameron on. Cameron goes to the top rope. Orndorff slowly rises. Cameron goes for a flying shoulder block but Orndorff moves. 

Both men are down. They slowly start to rise as Orndorff clotheslines Cameron down. Orndorff shakes the cobwebs. Orndorff picks up Cameron and atomic drops him into the cage. As Cameron falls back, Orndorff grabs him and executes a belly to back suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Orndorff hoists Cameron up, positions himself and suplexes Cameron back into the cage. Cameron sinks down between the ropes and cage. Orndorff swings off the ropes and baseball slides Cameron into the cage. Orndorff drags Cameron out. Orndorff makes the signal and hoists Cameron up for the piledriver but Cameron finds the strength to back drop Orndorff into the cage. 

Cameron is laid out and moving slow. Orndorff is stuck. Cameron slowly gets up, walks over and stomps and kicks Orndorff. Cameron drags Orndorff out, picks him up and long darts him face first into the cage. Cameron swings Orndorff to the ropes and hits a flying shoulder tackle. Cameron goes to the top rope and waits. Orndorff slowly staggers up as Cameron nails him with a flying shoulder block. Akbar yells "Now! Now is the time!" Cameron nods to Akbar. Cameron hoists Orndorff up and piledrives him down! The Ref counts 1..2..Orndorff gets his shoulder up just before the 3 count. The fans cheer Orndorff on. Akbar is having a melt down. Cameron grabs and threatens the Ref. Orndorff slowly crawls over and from behind gives Cameron an uppercut low blow. Cameron falls over. 

Both men are a bloody mess and reeling. Orndorff slowly gets to his feet. He stomps away on Cameron, then drops several elbow drops. Orndorff picks up Cameron and flings him face first into the cage. Orndorff repeats this three more times as he flings Cameron face first into the other three sides of the cage. Orndorff looks out at Akbar and gives the signal. The fans go wild as Orndorff piledrives Cameron down 1..2...NO! Orndorff lifts Cameron up. Orndorff hoists Cameron up and delivers another piledriver! The Ref counts 1..2..NO! Orndorff once again lifts Cameron up. Orndorff delivers a 3rd piledriver! The Ref counts 1..2..3!!! Mega Pop! 

The outside Ref opens the cage. Akbar grabs a chair and runs in the cage. Orndorff turns around. Akbar is in shock and throws the chair down and tries to run, but Orndorff catches him. Orndorff levels Akbar with a punch, body slams him down and makes the signal as the fans go wild. Orndorff hoists Akbar up and piledrives him down! The fans give Orndorff a standing ovation as he exits the cage. Gerry Morrow presents him with the AWA International title. Orndorff kisses it and holds it up high. 

Winner of the Match and now the AWA International Champion- Paul Orndorff 

Larry Nelson and Ken Resnick close out the show and say they'll see us tomorrow night for the second half of WrestleRock 89. 

Foreigner ends the night with a rock'n performance! 

WrestleRock baby!

Perez shows Miller he's more than a pretty boy.

I think we all knew Fujinami had this handed.

Karachi Vice shoot down the Bombers.

Sawyer gets put down like the Mad Dog he is.

Love the continuing trend of the real Hollywood stars not getting Adias' name right and obviously preferring his opponent.

Muraco proves the difference maker as the surprise partner.

Blackblood with the big win over Canek with a little help from Akbar and the ax handle.

The RnR Express return but Akbar spoils the mood by bringing in the Moondogs!

The Olympians retain in a controversial finish.

Hansen makes rather short work of Mulligan.

After a bloody cage match, the AWA finally has a Wonderful International champion.

Bring on night 2!

AWA 

awa2.jpg.25aae2400209e6fcd3602652b57f62eb.jpg

Presents 

WrestleRock 89 

metrodome.jpg.2965ef6019151f9ac794088cfd594621.jpg

From the Metrodome, Minneapolis MN 

Night 2 

7-20-89

The second half of the pay per view opens up with the camera panning across the cheering fans. The camera hits the ring as once again Bonnie Tyler stands on the WrestleRock logo. She smiles and waves to the crowd and then kicks things off with her rendition of America the Beautiful. The fans cheer as she waves and blows kisses. The camera goes ringside with Brenda Britton and AWA C.O.O. Gerry Morrow. 

Britton: Hi everybody, here we go again! Gerry, go ahead and get things going. 

Morrow: Ahhhhhh thank you Brenda. (Holds up his arms) My dear guests, welcome back to night two of WrestleRock 89! 

Britton: Ok Nelson and Resnick. That's your cue. You may attend to your duties. 

Larry Nelson and Ken Resnick (once again sporting tuxedos) sit at the announcer's table to call the action. 

The Fabulous Thunderbirds Tough Enough plays as Huber steps into the ring wearing jeans, work boots, construction helmet and carrying his sledgehammer. 

Poison's I want action tonight plays as Glamour Doll comes down the aisle with a full 80s glam rock look. 

The bell rings and Doll throws glitter in Huber's face. Doll rakes Huber's eyes and pounds away on him. Doll swings Huber to the ropes and dropkicks him down. Doll stomps down on Huber and berates him. Doll body slams Huber, swings off the ropes and goes for a splash, but Huber gets his knees up as Doll lands on them and rolls over in pain. 

Huber fires up and stomps down on Doll. Huber picks up Doll by his hair, walks with him to the corner and slams his head on the turnbuckle several times. Huber hoists Doll up and gives him an airplane spin, then drops him down. Huber goes to the middle ropes and comes down with a knee drop 1..2..Doll gets his foot on the rope. Huber reaches down, but Doll gives him a thumb to the eye. 

Doll clears the cobwebs and chokes Huber on the bottom rope with his boot. Doll grabs the top rope, jumps up and lands a knee on Huber's back. Doll swings Huber to the ropes and hits a flying press 1..2..Kick Out. A frustrated Doll chokes away on Huber. Doll then reaches in his tights and pulls out some lipstick. Doll then smears lipstick all over Huber's face. A laughing Doll goes to the middle ropes. Huber staggers up as Doll goes for a double axe handle but Huber flips him over with a punch to the gut. Huber wipes the lipstick off and looks at his hands. Huber's pissed! 

Huber's fired up as he unloads on Doll, swings him to the ropes, kicks him in the mid section and gut wrench suplexes him over. Huber pushes Doll into the corner and goes to town with punches, kicks and stomps. Huber drags Doll along the top rope as he rakes his face across it. Huber raises Doll high and hits a front face suplex 1..2..3!! Huber picks up Doll and hurls him over the top rope as the fans cheer. 

Winner of the Match- Spike Huber 

Leo Burke vs. 'Sir' Tony St. Clair w/Les Thornton

BTO's Let in ride plays as Burke enters the ring wearing a boxing style robe. 

Tina Turner's simply the best plays as Thornton leads St. Clair to the ring. St. Clair is wearing a fur cape, royal blue pants with a gold lion's emblem on the back. 

Thornton and St. Clair give Leo the 'we're better than you look' as they snicker. 

The match starts with a lock up. St. Clair arm drags Burke over and applauds himself. They lock up again and St. Clair repeats this. St. Clair walks over to Thornton as Thornton shakes his hand and applauds. They lock up a third time, Burke pulls St. Clair in, clamps on a headlock and proceeds to punch down on his head several times. Burke then hip tosses St. Clair over. Thornton is berating Burke. St. Clair staggers up as Burke sends him through the ropes with a running high knee. The fans cheer as Thornton runs over to console St. Clair. 

Thornton helps St. Clair on the apron. Burke grabs St. Clair and attempts to suplex him back into the ring, but Thornton reaches in and trips Burke. Burke falls with St. Clair on top 1..2..Burke has his foot on the ropes. St. Clair grabs the ropes and helps himself to his feet. St. Clair snapmares Burke over, applies a rear chinlock and puts his knee in Burke's back. St. Clair wears Burke down, releases the hold, hoists Burke up and hits a delayed vertical suplex 1..2..Kick Out. St. Clair swings Burke to the corner and charges in with a running European uppercut. St. Clair works over Burke with several more European uppercuts. St. Clair follows with a snap suplex 1..2..Kick Out. St. Clair and Thornton yell at the Ref. St. Clair swings Burke to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Burke swings back and clotheslines St. Clair down. 

The fans fire Burke up as he pumps his fists. Burke swings St. Clair hard into the turnbuckles. St. Clair staggers out as Burke gives him a back drop. Burke goes to the middle ropes. St. Clair staggers up as Burke hits him with a diving clothesline 1..2..Kick Out. Burke Irish whips St. Clair into the corner and follows with a running shoulder thrust. Burke hits St. Clair with several more shoulder thrusts. Burke body slams St. Clair, hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a knee drop 1..2..NO! Thornton puts St. Clair's foot on the rope. Burke stands up and yells down at Thornton. Thornton keeps the argument going while St. Clair regroups. St. Clair swings off the ropes and goes for a flying double axe handle from behind, but Burke moves as St. Clair hits the turnbuckles. Burke quickly rolls him up 1..2..Thornton is on the apron as the Ref hops up and yells at him. An irate Burke grabs Thornton and starts choking him. 

St. Clair once again staggers up and this time nails Burke with a high knee to the back. St. Clair executes a floating butterfly suplex, then swings off the ropes and hits a senton splash 1..2..3! 

St. Clair rolls out of the ring and attends to Thornton. St. Clair tells Thornton what happened. Thornton raises St. Clair's arm in victory as the fans boo. 

Winner of the Match- Tony St. Clair 

The Rose Cousins vs. A Debuting Team 

Hank Williams Jr's All my rowdy friends plays as the Rose Cousins enter the ring wearing cut off flannel shirts and baseball hats. 

A Native American celebrational chant plays over the speakers. Out come Chris and Mark Youngblood, who are announced as the Renegade Warriors. They enter the ring wearing headdresses and war paint. 

The first few minutes is a feel out session with both teams remaining cautious. The Warriors get some momentum going and take control as they put Pat down with a double chop. Chris follows with a suplex 1..2..Kick Out. The Warriors continue to work Pat over with quick tags and in sync double team moves. Mark hits a body press on Pat 1..2..Kick Out. Mark tags in Chris. They double slam Pat as Chris follows with an elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Chris swings Pat to the ropes and goes for a back drop, but Pat leap frogs over and tags in Randy. 

Randy's on fire as he takes it to Chris. Randy puts Chris down with a back elbow smash and follows with an elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Randy body slams Chris by the corner, hops up on the turnbuckles and comes down with a slingshot splash 1..2..Kick Out. Randy swings Chris to the ropes and goes for a dropkick but Chris hold onto the ropes as Randy crashes to the mat. Chris tags in Mark. Mark works Randy over with chops, but Randy puts Chris down with a drop toe hold, reaches up and tags in Pat. Randy still has the hold applied as Pat swings off the ropes and drops an elbow. 

The Rose's double suplex Chris. Pat covers 1..2..Kick Out. Pat executes a backbreaker and tags in Randy. This time Pat swings Mark to the ropes and takes him down with a drop toe hold as Randy follows with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Randy tags in Pat. Randy hoists Pat up and drops him as Pat hits a leg drop on Chris 1..2..Kick Out. The Rose's seem to get a bit frustrated. Pat tags in Randy. Pat swings Chris into the turnbuckles, then swings Randy towards him for a clothesline, but Chris moves, falls over and tags in Mark. 

Mark grabs Randy and hits a German suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Mark swings Randy to the ropes and puts him down with a big chop. Mark goes to the top rope. Randy staggers up as Mark puts him down with a chop to the top of his head. Mark swings off the ropes and hits a jumping fist drop 1..2..Pat breaks it. Chris runs in and dropkicks Pat out of the ring. Chris hoists Randy up for a vertical suplex. Mark goes to the top rope. Chris holds Randy up as Mark hits a flying press 1..2..3! 

The Renegade Warriors celebrate. Pat enters the ring and helps Randy up. The Rose's are clearly disappointed. They slowly walk over to the Renegade Warriors and offer handshakes. The Warriors nod and accept. The Rose's raise the Warriors arms in victory. 

WHAM! The Rose's pull the Warriors in and stereo clothesline them down! The Rose's stomp away on Mark and hurl him over the top rope. Randy hops on the middle turnbuckles. Pat hoists Chris up in a suplex position and hands him off to Randy. Randy then crashes Chris down for the Rose Bomb! 

The fans boo as the Rose's hold up their arms in victory. The Roses have officially snapped. 

The winners of the Match- The Renegade Warriors 

Alice Cooper's welcome to my nightmare plays as Kokina walks down the aisle. It's announced that Skandor Akbar is in the hospital recuperating from Orndorff's piledriver last night. 

Boston's more than a feeling blasts as Disalvo hits the ring. 

The bell rings. Kokina lets out a loud scream! Disalvo tears off his tank top and yells "Come on!" Kokina charges and a monstrous exchange ensues. These powerhouses throw heavy shots at each other. Kokina rakes the eyes, swings Disalvo to the ropes and tries to shoulder block him, but Disalvo stays up. Disalvo is wobbling as Kokina swings off the ropes and this time puts him down with a shoulder block. Kokina picks up Disalvo and slams him down hard. Kokina picks up Disalvo and easily slams him down again. Kokina swings Disalvo to the ropes and puts him down with a vicious chop. Kokina picks up Disalvo, swings him to the corner and charges in for an avalanche but Disalvo moves as Kokina hits hard. 

Disalvo rests against the ropes. Kokina is staggering back as Disalvo hops on the middle ropes and puts Kokina down with a diving clothesline 1..2..Kick Out. Disalvo swings Kokina to the ropes but Kokina comes back and just barrels him over. 

Kokina regroups. Kokina reaches down and bites Disalvo on his face. Kokina slams Disalvo and follows with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Kokina picks up Disalvo, swings him around easily and drops him with a sidewalk slam 1..2..Kick out. Kokina is fed up and applies a nerve hold on Disalvo. Kokina puts all his strength into it as Disalvo grimaces in pain. Kokina gets angrier because Disalvo wont give up. Kokina picks up Disalvo and hurls him out of the ring. 

Kokina keeps breaking the Ref's count, then just goes to the outside. Kokina picks up Disalvo and swings him towards the steel post but Disalvo reverses it and swings Kokina into the steel post. The Ref gives some leniency but starts the count. Disalvo grabs Kokina and swings him into another steel post. Kokina hits hard and staggers forward as Disalvo grabs him, hoists him up and body slams him down on the concrete! Disalvo takes a deep breath and rolls back into the ring as the Ref hits 10! Big POP! 

The winner of the match by C.O.- Steve Disalvo 

Special Referee- Randall 'Tex' Cobb 

'The Living Legend' Larry Zbyszko vs. David Sammartino 

Cobb enters the ring to a huge ovation. They love this guy. 

Elton John's I'm still standing plays as Zbyszko arrogantly walks into the ring. His hands are taped and he has his nun chucks with him. He shows off and swings them around. After a lengthy argument with Cobb, Zbyszko finally sets them on the announcer's table. 

Queen's we will rock you plays as Sammartino walks down the aisle with his hands taped and clenched. 

The bell rings but of course Zbyszko plays his stalling game. Zbyszko goes on the outside of the apron and stands there yelling at the fans, Cobb and Sammartino. Cobb goes over and warns Zbyszko which starts another heated argument. Sammartino has enough, runs over, grabs Zbyszko by his hair and hurls him into the ring. Zbyszko rises as Sammartino tackles him down and unloads with taped fists to his head. Sammartino is a man possessed as he just lights Zbyszko up with punches. Zbyszko's already bleeding. Sammartino swings Zbyszko to the ropes and back drops him. Zbyszko staggers up and is spaghetti leg as Sammartino puts him down with a big right hook 1..2..Zbyszko gets his shoulder up. Sammartino swings Zbyszko to the corner, hops on the turnbuckles. The fans count along as Sammartino unleashes 10 punches to Zbyszko's bloody head. Sammartino hops down and snap suplexes Zbyszko 1,,2,,Zbyszko gets his foot on the rope. Sammartino gets up as Zbyszko rolls out of the ring and falls on the outside. Sammartino goes out after him. Sammartino reaches down, but Zbyszko eye gouges him and slams his head on the apron. 

Zbyszko's in bad shape. He slowly grabs Sammartino and swings him into the guard rail. Zbyszko hoists Sammartino up and suplexes him on the concrete. Zbyszko gets on top of Sammartino and unloads with taped fist punches to his head. Now Sammartino is bleeding. Zbyszko hurls Sammartino into the ring. Zbyszko slowly enters the ring and has words with Cobb. Zbyszko stands Sammartino up and puts him back down with a spinning mule kick 1..2..Kick Out. A frustrated Zbyszko pounds away on Sammartino with taped fist punches to his bloody face. Zbyszko hoists Sammartino up and drops him on the top rope. Cobb checks on Sammartino but Zbyszko pushes Cobb. Cobb keeps his cool and warns Zbyszko. Zbyszko goes to the top rope. Sammartino groggily gets up and shakes the top rope. Zbyszko loses his balance and falls groin first on the top turnbuckle. Sammartino slowly walks over and slams Zbyszko off the top rope. 

The fans cheer Sammartino on. Sammartino Irish whips Zbyszko into the corner and follows with several taped fist punches all over Zbyszko's body. Sammartino hip tosses Zbyszko to the middle of the ring. Zbyszko wobbles up as Sammartino winds up and nails Zbyszko with a big punch. Zbyszko spins around and goes down. Sammartino covers 1..2..Zbyszko gets his foot on the rope. Sammartino picks Zbyszko up, but Zbyszko grabs Sammartino's trunks and hurls him through the ropes. 

Zbyszko is resting. Sammartino gets back on the apron. Zbyszko rakes his eyes and vertical suplexes him back in the ring. Zbyszko stomps down on Sammartino and follows with several punches to his head. Zbyszko picks up Sammartino and hits his spinning neckbreaker! Zbyszko looks at Cobb and yells at him. Zbyszko picks up Sammartino and delivers another spinning neckbreaker 1..2..Sammartino gets his foot on the rope. Zbyszko thinks he won the match and starts celebrating. Cobb tells him what happened as he points to the ropes. Zbyszko is fuming. Zbyszko pushes Cobb out of his way, goes to the announcer's table and gets his nun chucks. 

Zbyszko walks into the ring and swings his nun chucks around. He goes to hit Sammartino with them but Cobb grabs his arm! The fans cheer as Cobb grabs the nun chucks and throws them out of the ring. Zbyszko throws a mega tantrum and berates Cobb. Things get hotter when Zbyszko pushes Cobb hard. Things go to another level when Zbyszko slaps Cobb and puts up his taped fists. The crowd roars when Cobb puts up his fists. Zbyszko starts moving around like a boxer. Zbyszko goes for a punch, but Cobb ducks and punches Zbyszko! Zbyszko falls back as Sammartino rolls him over. Cobb counts 1..2..3!!! HUGE POP! 

Zbyszko is out cold. Cobb helps Sammartino up and raises his arm in victory. 

Winner of the Match- David Sammartino 

Intermission

During the intermission, the AWA shows a video of all the hard work that went into making WrestleRock a success. The celebs, Phylicia Rashad, Bonnie Tyler, Randall Cobb, Foreigner and ZZ Top all commented. Nelson and Resnick recap the events and then get some fans opinions on who's going to win the Jumbo Tsuruta/Hulk Hogan world title match. 

Blondie's One way or another plays as Vinergy and Vinnie enter the ring. Vinnie seems to have a plan because he looks full of confidence as Vinergy pat him on the back. 

The sound of a hammer banging blasts over the speakers as Morris and Kaz walk up the aisle. 

The bell rings. Vinnie is dancing around and taunting Morris and Kaz as he stands behind Vinergy. The Ref is able to get things under control. Kaz starts off with Dukes. Dukes clamps on a headlock but Kaz lifts Dukes in the air and atomic drops him. Dukes bounces up into the opposite corner as Morris claps Dukes ears. Kaz grabs Dukes and executes a back suplex 1..2..Putski kicks Kaz. Morris runs in and punches Putski back to his corner. Kaz and Morris double slam Dukes. Kaz tags in Morris. Morris swings Dukes to the ropes and back drops him. Dukes bounces up, falls back and tags in Putski. Putski wants to do a test of strength. Morris says ok, but Putski tries to kick him low. Morris grabs his foot, spins him around and atomic drops him into an ear clap by Kaz. Putski spins around and into a bear hug by Morris. Morris wrenches away. Dukes runs in but Kaz tackles him down. Vinnie then runs in and hits Morris from behind. Morris drops Putski and slowly turns around. Vinnie begs for his life. Morris grabs Vinnie by his throat, hoists him up and chokeslams him down as the fans roar. 

While the Ref regains control, Vinergy send Morris through the ropes with stereo forearm blasts. Kaz grabs Dukes but Putski nails Kaz. The Ref gets order. Pustki swings Kaz into the corner. Vinnie is laying on the apron still reeling. Dukes chokes Kaz as Putski kicks and punches away on him. Putski tags in Dukes. They swing him to the ropes and double clothesline him down. Dukes picks up Kaz and slams him down, then goes to the top rope and crashes down with a flying elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Dukes tags in Putski. They double suplex Kaz. Putski hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a forearm drop. Now Vinnie wants in. The fans boo as Putski tags in Vinnie. Vinergy holds Kaz as Vinnie goes to the top rope. Vinnie smiles and hits a missile dropkick. Vinnie covers but Kaz bench presses him off. Vinnie quickly crawls over and tags in Putski. Putski goes for a suplex but Kaz stops it and suplexes Putski over, then tags in Morris. 

Morris is all over Putski. Dukes runs in but Morris hits him, then bangs Vinergy's heads together. Vinnie is yelling at Morris. Morris swings Putski into Vinnie. The Ref says it's a tag. The fans cheer as Vinnie pleads with the Ref. Morris grabs Vinnie and hurls him into the ring. Dukes charges but Kaz clotheslines him down. Morris and Kaz military press Vinnie up. Vinnie is shaking his head and screaming. Morris and Kaz slam him down hard. Vinnie is screaming in pain holding his back. Vinergy run in and a pier six brawl ensues. The Ref is tied up with Dukes and Kaz. 

Hold on! Gary Young sprints down the aisle. Morris hurls Putski out of the ring. Young goes to the top rope. Morris picks up Vinnie and swings him into Young. Young falls to the outside. Kaz back drops Dukes out of the ring. Kaz and Morris take turns punching Vinnie. Vinnie's pinballing back and forth, taking in all the punches. Kaz puts Vinnie in a bearhug and rams him into the turnbuckles. Morris swings Vinnie to the ropes and clamps on the bear hug! The Ref sees that Vinnie is out and signals for the bell. Morris just drops Vinnie. Morris and Kaz put their boots on Vinnie's chest and raise their arms in sweet victory. 

Winners of the Match- Jim Morris and Bill Kazmaier 

'The Red Rooster' Terry Taylor vs. 'Crippler' Rip Oliver 

Bob Seager's rambl'n man plays as Oliver walks to the ring wearing a vest that says 'Crippler' on the back. 

Sade's smooth operator plays as Taylor oozes confidence on his way to the ring. He's wearing a red sequence jacket that gleams off the lights. His hair is slicked back into a ponytail. 

The bell rings and Taylor does a cocky strut, then pushes Oliver. Oliver gives him a thumb to the eye, swings him to the ropes and sends him down with a punch to the chest. Oliver swings Taylor to the ropes, scoops him up, spins him around and body slams him down 1..2..Kick Out. Oliver swings Taylor into the corner and charges in with a shoulder thrust but Taylor moves. 

Taylor regroups, grabs Oliver and executes a neckbreaker 1..2..Kick Out. Taylor hip tosses Oliver and follows with a neck snap 1..2..Kick Out. Taylor hits a back breaker and goes to the top rope. He crashes down with a knee drop but Oliver moves. Taylor hits hard and favors his knee. 

Oliver regroups, grabs Taylor and gives him a knee buster. Oliver puts Taylor's leg on the rope and gives him several knee drops to the leg. Oliver yanks Taylor out and clamps on the figure four. Oliver wrenches away, but Taylor manages to reach the ropes. Taylor rolls out of the ring. After some stalling, Taylor hops on the apron. Oliver grabs him, but Taylor snaps his head on the top rope. 

Taylor gets in the ring and stomps down on Oliver. Taylor swings Oliver to the ropes and gives him a flying high knee 1..2..Kick Out. Taylor chokes away on Oliver. He breaks at the Ref's count but chokes him again. Taylor swings Oliver to the corner. Taylor hops up on the turnbuckles but Oliver grabs him and executes an inverted atomic drop. Taylor wobbles as Oliver clotheslines him down. 

Oliver picks up Taylor and pushes him into the turnbuckles. Oliver unleashes with punches, kicks and forearm blasts. Oliver swings Taylor to the opposite corner and follows with a running back elbow smash. Oliver hip tosses Taylor over and goes to the top rope. Taylor staggers up as Oliver nails him with a flying forearm blast 1..2..Taylor gets his foot on the ropes. 

Oliver swings Taylor into the corner and charges in with a flying knee but Taylor moves. Oliver hits hard and staggers back, hopping on one foot while holding his knee. Taylor swings off the ropes and hits his flying forearm smash 1..2..3! 

Taylor rolls out of the ring, takes a breather and holds up both arms in victory. 

Winner of the Match- Terry Taylor 

GRUDGE MATCH! 

'The Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff vs. Jake 'The Snake' Roberts 

Black Sabbath's the wizard plays as Jake slowly walks to the ring with Damian in his bag. Jake slithers in the ring and sits against the turnbuckles and smiles. 

AC/DC's Hells Bells blasts as Nikita Koloff walks down the aisle. His eyes say it all as he never takes his eyes off Jake. 

The bell rings as Jake slithers out of the ring. Nikita sprints to the outside. Jake slithers back in the ring. Jake swings off the ropes as Nikita enters the ring. Nikita puts Jake down with a flying shoulder tackle. Nikita puts his knee on Jake's chest and absolutely unloads on him with rapid fire punches. Nikita grabs Jake by his throat and slams his head into the canvas several times. Nikita hoists Jake up and executes a brain buster 1..2..3!!! The fans go wild as Nikita stands up and celebrates. WAIT! NO! The Ref sees Jake's foot under the rope and informs Nikita the match is still in progress. 

Jake slithers out of the ring. Nikita has words with the Ref. Nikita goes to the outside as Jake slithers back into the ring. As Nikita enters the ring, Jake nails him with a knee lift. Jake clears the cobwebs. Jake goes to the outside. Jake pulls Nikita's head out and gives him an elbow to his throat. Jake repeats this as Nikita holds his throat and chokes. Jake pulls Nikita to the outside. Jake grabs a cable and starts choking Nikita with it. Jake hurls Nikita back into the ring. Jake sets Nikita against the turnbuckles and starts hitting him with jabs. Jake eye rakes Nikita and grinds his elbow into Nikita's face. Jake pulls Nikita out, hoists him up and delivers a vertical suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Jake hurls Nikita to the outside. Jake goes out, picks up Nikita and drops his head on the guardrail. Jake smiles as he picks up Nikita and slams his head on the announcer's table. Jake hurls Nikita back into the ring. Jake Irish whips Nikita into the corner and slowly walks towards him, but Nikita kicks him in the mid section. Nikita follows with another kick, then a knee to the mid section. Nikita grabs Jake and hits a belly to belly suplex. 

Both men are reeling. Both men slowly rise. Nikita pushes Jake into the corner and delivers several back elbow smashes. Nikita scoops up Jake and slams him down, then starts angrily stomping away. Nikita picks up Jake and hurls him across the ring with an overhead suplex. Nikita grabs Jake and gives him another overhead suplex. Nikita gives the signal and waits. Jake slowly rises. Nikita goes for the Russian Sickle but Jake ducks as Nikita goes over the top rope. 

Jake is on the mat reeling. Nikita is laid out on the outside. Finally Nikita gets on the apron. Jake slowly walks over, rakes Nikita's eyes and snaps his head on the top rope. Jake reaches down, pulls Nikita up and slams him back into the ring. Jake pulls a foreign object out of his pants. He clamps on a headlock and grinds away on Nikita's head with the object. Nikita is bleeding. Jake smiles as he picks Nikita up by his hand, yanks him in and short arm clotheslines him down. Jake signals for the DDT. Jake picks up Nikita and relishes the moment. Jake goes for the DDT but Nikita grabs the top rope. Jake falls down as Nikita stays up. 

Jake rises as Nikita delivers a Russian Leg Sweep. Both men are laying side by side. They both slowly rise. Jake clamps on a sleeper as Nikita fights it. Nikita backs Jake into the turnbuckles as the Ref gets sandwiched in between and falls to the ground.  Jake keeps the hold locked as he climbs the turnbuckles. Jake puts his knee in Nikita's back but Nikita keeps fighting. Jake winds up on Nikita's shoulders. Nikita spins him around and executes an electric chair drop. Once again both men are down. 

Wait a minute! Colonel Kirchner (full camouflage face) runs to the ring. He enters the ring and starts stomping down on Nikita. Kirchner swings Nikita to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Nikita swings back and lays Kirchner out with the Russian Sickle! Jake rises as Nikita presses Kirchner up and throws him onto Jake. Nikita grabs Kirchner by his hair and hurls him over the top rope. The Ref slowly regains his senses. 

Nikita backs up and waits. Jake slowly rises and turns around as Nikita nearly decapitates him with the Russian Sickle 1..2..3!!!! Mega pop! 

Nikita rubs his bloody head and takes in all the adrenaline. Nikita has finally won the war. 

Winner of the Match- Nikita Koloff 

Nelson: I'm sure I can speak for all of us on how satisfying that was for Nikita Koloff. Switching gears, this man paid for this time slot, so welcome out Greg Gagne. 

Boos as Gagne walks to the ring wearing a suit. 

Gagne: You know Nelson, that introduction was lackluster. These fans are dying with anticipation for my earth shattering announcement here at GregRock. Jeez, I should've had Brenda Britton do this. You're out here praising Nikita Koloff. Speaking of that, Colonel Kirchner really dropped the ball. I could've taught him a few things. I went out and hired a real professional in Skandor Akbar and what happened? Yesterday his man Black Blood put down that masked moron El Canek once and for all. What does Kirchner do? He embarrasses the AWA by hiring a useless lunatic to handle his work. Hey Kirchner, next time you should hire somebody who can get the job done instead of Jake the Fake. 

In the background Jake the Snake slowly slithers out of the ring. 

Gagne: Ok, now that I got that off my chest, it's time for the big news. 

Jake spins Gagne around and short arm clotheslines him down! 

Nelson runs away. 

Jake hurls Gagne into the ring. Jake picks Gagne up and just about DDTs him through the mat. The fans cheer like crazy. Jake slides out of the ring, grabs his bag and slides it into the ring. Jake opens the bag and pulls out Damian. Jake lifts Damian up and sets him down on Gagne. Damian wraps himself around Gagne as foam comes out of Gagne's mouth. 

Things really took a turn here. 

Losers leave town

Robert Palmer's Addicted to love plays as the Fantastics enter the ring in their glitter vests and top hats. 

Mariachi music blasts as the Guerreros enter the ring in ponchos and sombreros. 

During the introductions you can feel the tension. 

The first few minutes is a roller coaster ride as both teams show why they're the best at what they do. The pace is fast and both teams excel. Things get heated when the Fantastics take control and frustrate the Guerreros. A pier six brawl breaks out. Hector has Fulton in one corner as Chavo has Rogers in the other. They swing the Fantastics towards each other but the Rogers leap frogs over Fulton. Rogers pounds away on Hector as Fulton pounds away on Chavo. The Fantastics swing the Guerreros into each other. The Guerreros collide and stagger back as the Fantastics drop kick them back into each other. 

The Ref gets control. Rogers works over Chavo and tags in Fulton. Rogers holds Chavo as Fulton comes down with a double axe handle to the head. Fulton stays on Chavo and tags in Rogers. Fulton swings Chavo to the ropes and hits him in the gut as Rogers sends Chavo flying with a knee lift. Rogers keeps the momentum going and tags in Fulton. Rogers monkey flips Chavo as Fulton follows with a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Hector breaks it. Rogers runs in but the Ref guides him back, which allows Hector to body slam Fulton. Hector drags Chavo to their corner and tags himself in. 

Hector keeps things in the Guerreros favor as he works over Fulton and wears him down with a scissorlock. Hector tags in Chavo. Hector slams Fulton down as Chavo follows with a body splash 1..2..Kick Out. Chavo keeps punishing Fulton and tags in Hector. Chavo holds Fulton as Hector comes off the top rope with a punch to the head 1..2..Kick Out. Hector swings Fulton to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Fulton kicks him, dives over and tags in Rogers. 

Rogers is on fire as he pinballs Hector all over the ring. Chavo runs in and gets back dropped. Chavo rises but Rogers dropkicks him back to his corner. Hector sneaks up and clips Rogers from behind, then tags in Chavo. The Guerreros swing Rogers to the ropes and double clothesline him down. Chavo hits a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Rogers takes a beating as the Guerreros work him over. They pick up Rogers and double atomic drop him. Hector goes to the top rope and attempts a frog splash but Rogers moves, rolls over and tags in Fulton. 

Fulton cleans house and has the Guerreros bouncing around with back drops and dropkicks. Fulton goes for a flying headscissors on Hector but while in air, Chavo nails Fulton with a punch. The Guerreros are in command again. 

Chavo suplexes Fulton and tags in Hector. Hector slams Fulton down and tags in Chavo. Hector puts Fulton in a full nelson as Chavo goes to the top rope. Hector drops back as Chavo hits Fulton with a senton 1..2..Rogers breaks it. Rogers pounds away on the Guerreros then goes back to his corner to cheer Fulton on. 

Fulton crawls through the Guerreros legs and tags in Rogers. 

Rogers is fired up and takes it to the Guerreros. He dropkicks Hector through the ropes. He swings Chavo to the ropes and hits a flying press 1..2..Kick Out. Rogers hoists Chavo up for a suplex, but Hector runs in and hits Rogers from behind. Fulton storms in and we've got a brawl. All four men go at it with fists flying. The Guerreros get the upper hand and swing the Fantastics to the ropes but miss stereo clotheslines, the Fantastics swing back and hit stereo Thesz Presses 1..2..3!!!!! The fans stand up and cheer! 

The Fantastics can't believe it. The Ref hands them the world titles. The Fantastics hug and then hold the titles up high. 

The winners of the Match and NEW AWA World tag team champs- The Fantastics 

Resnick: Fans, what an event WrestleRock has been. This has been one for the history books. Ok, up next is the main event for the AWA world title. I know we're all eagerly awaiting this, so let's go to the ring. 

AWA World Title Bout 

Jumbo Tsuruta (C) w/Ray Stevens vs. Hulk Hogan 

Survivor's Eye of the Tiger blasts as Hogan makes his way out. The fans are up and cheering as Hogan storms down the aisle wearing a white headband, Hulkamania tank top, yellow boots and trunks. Hogan enters the ring, rips off his tank top and plays to the crowd. 

Kiss's War Machine plays. Stevens comes out wearing jeans and a black Jumbo Tsuruta T shirt. He stops and pauses. Jumbo then walks out wearing his black robe. They walk down the aisle as Jumbo looks focused and serious. They enter the ring as the Japanese media take pictures. 

During the introductions, both wrestlers just stare at each other. The Ref holds the title up and we're ready for this anticipated showdown. 

The bell rings, Stevens yells a few choice words to Hogan before exiting. Stevens looks up at Jumbo and gives him a break him in half sign with his hands. Jumbo and Hogan walk up to each other. Jumbo stares daggers through Hogan as Hogan starts pumping up. Jumbo throws a punch, but Hogan blocks it. Jumbo throws another punch, but Hogan blocks it and unloads on Jumbo with punches. Hogan swings Jumbo to the ropes and clotheslines Jumbo down. Hogan swings off the ropes and lands a big elbow drop 1..Kick Out. Hogan picks Jumbo up, but Jumbo kicks him and double arm suplexs him over. 

Stevens cheers Jumbo on. Jumbo regains his focus. Jumbo hoists Hogan up and holds him there before vertical suplexing him back. Jumbo picks up Hogan and hits another delayed vertical suplex. Jumbo grabs Hogan and executes a belly to back suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Jumbo swings Hogan to the corner and charges in, but Hogan runs forward and clotheslines Jumbo down. 

Hogan takes a breather. He picks Jumbo up and gives him a delayed vertical suplex. Hogan swings Jumbo to the ropes and puts him down with an Axe Bomber 1..2..Kick Out. Hogan swings Jumbo to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Jumbo swings back and puts Hogan down with a big boot to the head. 

Stevens cheers on Jumbo as Jumbo clears the cobwebs. Jumbo picks up Hogan and hits a side suplex. Jumbo swings Hogan hard into the turnbuckles. Hogan staggers out as Jumbo gives him a big back body drop. Jumbo picks up Hogan and headbutts him into the corner. Jumbo hoists Hogan on the top turnbuckle. Jumbo hops up and gives Hogan several headbutts, then hoists him up and over for an incredible superplex 1..2..Hogan gets his shoulder up. The fans cheer as Stevens throws a tantrum. Jumbo climbs to the top rope and comes down with a knee drop but Hogan moves. 

Both men are down. As they slowly rise, Hogan punches away on Jumbo. Hogan swings Jumbo into the corner and follows with a running clothesline. Hogan swings Jumbo to the opposite corner and hits another running clothesline. Hogan scoops up Jumbo and body slams him down. Stevens gets on the apron and yells at Hogan. Hogan runs over and hoists Stevens up by his shirt. Hogan shakes Stevens. Jumbo staggers up and nails Hogan with a rabbit punch. Jumbo then throws Hogan out of the ring. 

Jumbo regroups with a shaken up Stevens. Jumbo goes to the outside. Hogan rises as Jumbo puts him down with a running boot to the chest. Jumbo hurls Hogan back into the ring. Jumbo picks up Hogan and drops him with a gourd buster. Jumbo goes to the top rope and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Hogan gets his shoulder up! Stevens can't believe it. Jumbo looks frustrated. Jumbo swings Hogan to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Hogan swings back and clotheslines Jumbo down. 

Hogan takes a breather. Stevens gets on the apron. Jumbo rises a Hogan grabs him. Hogan hoists Jumbo up and atomic drops him into Stevens. Stevens goes flying off the apron. Jumbo staggers back as Hogan grabs him and hits a back suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Hogan swings Jumbo into the corner and charges in but Jumbo lifts his knees as Hogan crashes into them. 

Jumbo rests against the turnbuckles. Hogan slowly rises as Jumbo clotheslines him down. Jumbo picks up Hogan and executes a neckbreaker drop. Jumbo follows with a Tiger Suplex, then picks up Hogan and gives him an Exploder Suplex. Stevens slowly gets up and cheers Jumbo on. Jumbo picks up Hogan, hoists him up and POWERBOMBS him down. Jumbo covers 1..2..Hogan barley lifts is shoulder. The fans go wild and cheer Hogan on. Stevens is jumping up and down in anger saying that was a 3 count! Stevens hops on the apron and berates the Ref. Jumbo picks up Hogan and swings him to the ropes but Hogan reverses it and swings Jumbo into Stevens. Once again, Stevens goes flying off. 

Jumbo staggers back as Hogan body slams him down. Hogan starts pumping his fists. Hogan swings Jumbo to the ropes and puts him down with a big boot to the face. Hogan picks up Jumbo, swings him to the ropes and delivers another big boot to the face. Hogan swings off the ropes and hits the big leg drop 1..2..3!!!!! 

The fans blow the roof off the Metrodome! 

Hogan goes to his knees as the Ref hands him the world title. 

Hogan looks at the title and holds it in the air. Hogan walks around the ring holding the title up. Hogan straps it around his waist. Eye of the Tiger plays as Hogan ends WrestleRock with his poses. 

The Winner of the Match and NEW AWA World Champion- Hulk Hogan! 

After the incredible event, ZZ TOP caps off the night with another rock'n concert.