Pro Wrestling Only

Ayako Hamada

Grimmas

jushin muta liger said:

"One of my personal favorites of all time. She's in the branch of the dynamic/high flying/high speed joshi wrestler tree that includes Jaguar Yokota, Manami Toyota, Momoe Nakanishi, Natsuki Taiyo, and Io Shirai. Sort of a victim to being in the wrong era in the 2000s but always gave good performances throughout her career whether she was in ARSION, AJW, TNA, SHIMMER, AAA and WAVE. Her match layouts became repetitive later in her career but it worked nonetheless. Very good tag worker, underrated brawler and one of the most flexible wrestlers in terms of adapting to where she was working."

I was going to nominate her but JML beat me to it. I've watched a few of her early career matches recently and I was really impressed. I forgot how polished she was right out of the gate. I look forward to revisiting more of her early work and checking out her later work as well. Would love some recommendations of her later work. 

One of the best women workers of the last two decades, although she suffered a hard dropoff with the decline of ARSION. From 1998-2002 she looked incredible. I still look forward to checking out more of her work in the "dark period". She actually reminds me of 2 Cold Scorpio a bit. Athletic worker with extremely sharp offense who can do it all.

On 4/15/2021 at 12:43 PM, El Boricua said:

Did she have anything notable during her TNA run? I know she's been wrestling more in Mexico these past few years.

I remember the Eric Young match being entertaining but short. She won the Knockouts Tag Titles a couple of times and that era of TNA is something that I wanna look into.

But here is some post ARSION Hamada that is recent I could find on Youtube:

10/2/2011 - Sara Del Rey & Madison Eagles vs. Ayumi Kurihara & Ayako Hamada

10/27/2012 - Kana (Asuka) vs Ayako Hamada

2/24/2013 - Arisa Nakajima & Ayako Hamada vs Kana & Mio Shirai

6/15/2013 - Kana & Ayumi Kurihara VS Meiko Satomura & Ayako Hamada

4/19/2015 - Ayako Hamada vs Meiko Satomura [WAVE]

10/11/2015 - Ayako Hamada vs Meiko Satomura [Sendai Girls]

5/3/2016 - Ayako Hamada vs. Yoshiko [WAVE]

6/25/2016 - Aja Kong & Ayako Hamada vs. MISSION K4 (Kagetsu & Kaho Kobayashi) [OZ Academy]

4/21/2017 - Ayako Hamada vs Taya in a Street Fight for Reina De Reinas Title [AAA]

10/1/2017 - Ayako Hamada vs Lady Shani for the vacant Reina De Reinas Title [AAA]

1/6/2018 Ayako Hamada vs Meiko Satomura [Sendai Girls]

3/11/2018 - Ayako Hamada vs Arisa Nakajima in the Catch The WAVE Tournament [WAVE]

4/21/2018 - Ayako Hamada vs Misaki Ohata in the Catch The WAVE tournament [WAVE]

4/22/2018  - Catch The WAVE 2018 Block B Decision Three Way Match Ayako Hamada vs. Arisa Nakajima vs. Misaki Ohata

5/4/2018 - Ayako Hamada vs Rina Yamashita [WAVE]