The videos are:

Hogan-DiBiase

ECW Chairs

Foley-Taker

Rock-Foley

Awesome-Tanaka

Rock-Austin

Chavo-Rey

Now the problem is... those don't quite right click, instead having another layer to where the files really are. They are at the level of what the preview add has been stripped out (by me editing crap off the URL).

If someone can go from that layer to a link that allows for right clicking and saving, I'd be more than happy to put together a presentation that embeds those videos along with the PDF that perhaps Bix can forward on to a certain former WWE wrestler who is investigating Concusions. :)

Someone want to do it before the WWE is bright enough to yank the videos? The article on it's own is pretty good, but the videos are exceptional.

John

Couldn't have been much trouble, considering they went on to main event against each other all the way til Wrestlemania. Foley said in his 2nd book that Rock was only supposed to hit him five times, but got "lost in the moment" or whatever and turned it up to 11 instead. I doubt they would've premeditated putting on a match that goddamned brutal with his kids in the crowd and Barry Blaustein's cameras filming the whole thing.

Foley said in his 2nd book that Rock was only supposed to hit him five times, but got "lost in the moment" or whatever and turned it up to 11 instead.

Foley is such a stupid douche. What this hell is the difference, when it comes down to it?

From the file marked "Why have one broken orbital bone and detached retina when you can have two?", Bryan Danielson has been booked to face Takeshi Morishima again this Saturday, returning to action only three weeks after he suffered those injuries.

From the file marked "Why have one broken orbital bone and detached retina when you can have two?", Bryan Danielson has been booked to face Takeshi Morishima again this Saturday, returning to action only three weeks after he suffered those injuries.

Misawa continued to work a match for about 29:30 after Kawada crushed his orbital bones... then worked again two nights later against Jun... and finished out the Carny by winning it over Taue.

Clearly Danielson wants to be the New Misawa and this simply is part of the process of proving it to himself... and fanboys who get off on this stuff.

"He killed himself for us!"

John, who thinks that phrase has taken a new meaning after Benoit...

I just want to point out that any fanboy who thinks Benoit killed himself for us is a fucking idiot.

I doubt any think that deeply about it.

My comment, as was the one about Bryan, was a play on the old, popular phrase that "Wrestler X killed himself for us" while doing something nuts in the ring.

Considering that the nuttiness of Chris in the ring was one of many things that lead to his actions and death, that old phrase does have new, unsavory meaning.

John

I totally forgot that was tonight.

Why is it my job and why is it some sort of shot to say it is? This is not a high-traffic board, if something of note happens and isn't posted yet, I post it. It's not like I posted a transcripts of Ken Wayne and Johnnie Stewart's media appearances.

It was an updated version of the 2003 piece. They basically just went over the Benoit stuff, everything you've heard, the drugs, tough lifestyle, concussions (that issue got all of one sentence). They had a new interview with Bagwell, talking about how tough the business is and all that. They showed footage of him working a small indy show. He talked about how he still needs painkillers to make it through the day. When asked why he doesn't just give it up, he says it's all he has. They also showed interviews from the '03 segment with Vince, the Patriot, and Teddy Hart. They mentioned the wellness policy and the suspensions. It was nothing special.

To prove how concussions are more ingrained in the macho mindset and not just a wrestling centric issue, Jon Kitna of the Detroit Lions had a concussion that knocked him out of last week's game, only to return in the 4th quarter to seal the win. Not only was he allowed to return to a game the same day he had a concussion, he was taking all sort of Foley-esque hits in the process that surely wasn't good for a recently mushed brain.

To prove how concussions are more ingrained in the macho mindset and not just a wrestling centric issue, Jon Kitna of the Detroit Lions had a concussion that knocked him out of last week's game, only to return in the 4th quarter to seal the win. Not only was he allowed to return to a game the same day he had a concussion, he was taking all sort of Foley-esque hits in the process that surely wasn't good for a recently mushed brain.

Funny that you mention the macho mindset, as Chris Nowinski was on TSN's Off The Record, and defended the WWE's response that they had no knowledge of Benoit having concussions. Nowinski's response was that the WWE, much like other sports organizations, don't have actual doctors on hand for that type of analysis, and instead just have emergency doctors who'll send you to a hospital ASAP whenever necessary, which is where you may receive the prognosis of a concussion. It's then up to the performer to report to his organization about his condition, should he choose to.

I think this is where the personal choice/personal responsibility debate will open up again, because Nowinski leaves you with the impression that Benoit chose not to report his condition to the WWE for fear of being taken off the road, less money, etc. This might not necessarily fall under "macho mindset", but WWE not knowing about Benoit's condition falls more on Benoit, albeit one can definitely argue the labour conditions and how they influenced his choices.