Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Rampage - August 13, 2021

MoS

First wrestling show I've watched since May 2020. (not counting old stuff) I agree, Jericho is horrible on commentary as a babyface. What's the point? Neat little late career moment for Christian. Wasn't sure why Jamie Hayter had to be disguised for her run in like it was some huge shock reveal, but I'm totally out of the loop, so what do I know 

Fun little show. Disappointing for anyone expecting Dynamite or a PPV, but I enjoyed it.

4 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

Neat little late career moment for Christian.

The true best in the world!

4 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

Wasn't sure why Jamie Hayter had to be disguised for her run in like it was some huge shock reveal, but I'm totally out of the loop, so what do I know 

Me neither. I was trying to figure out which ex-WWE wrestler she was that I somehow didn't recognize, because they sure acted like the reveal was something huge and special. Weird approach. 

You know I have to give the devil his due  @C.S. both my #1 and #2 "best matches I watched in person" are Christian in world title matches (him and Orton from 2011 was the other). Fucking fantastic match, and it's crazy to think Kenny has a main event in Mexico tomorrow (today!) for Triplemania. Also Kenny is the greatest at near falls,  he gets the crowd to bite every single time

One thing that was very different than the last time I went to an AEW show (like the third or fourth Dynamite was the last one I went to) is how they made Dark feel like something that matters now. No one gave a shit at the last taping I went to, and people were just as hot for it as they were for Rampage. People went nuts for the Wingmen vs Varsity Blondes/Jurassic Express match since they didn't expect to see Jungle Boy. Also they had a match between Dante Martin and Lee Moriarity who is the top indy star here in Pittsburgh. Seeing Dante in person is wild, dude is playing a whole different game than everyone else.

Also no one knew who Jamie Hayter was, but the crowd was basically "well she saved Britt so yay for her". Britt did to a promo after the show to introduce her to the crowd and you could feel the collective "ohhhhhh! that's who that is!".

Yeah, I like how AEW doesn’t beat you over the head with things and trusts your memory but even then, expecting me to remember Jamie Hayter after 2 years is a bit much. Fun show though; If Rampage is going to be three matches of a similar ilk every week, it’ll be a really fun watch. Would be perfect for the trios titles too.

All the credit in the world to Christian for being able to rein Omega in and produce an excellent match. It's obvious that as long as Omega is AEW champion, he won't be losing his other titles to anyone other than AEW-contracted talent, so I expect Andrade to beat him at Triplemania tonight.

I guess I'm one of the few who has fond memories of Hayter's first AEW run. She struck me as a rich man's Bea Priestley, so I'm glad to see her back. I would have preferred for her to come in as a challenger to Britt rather than a lackey, though.