Pro Wrestling Only

NXT Halloween Havoc 2021: The 2.0 TakeOver Has Begun

C.S.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/26/2021 at 11:08 PM, KawadaSmile said:

Just saw the main event. Shit sucks. The one title they absolutely should have changed hands, they didn't.

Not putting the NXT title on Bron but putting the NXT women's title on Mandy Rose sounds like the most WWE decision-making I can possibly think of. Unbelievable.

1 hour ago, Blehschmidt said:

I live in the states and I don't have a clue where Wheeler or Smyrna are

Probably because I meant Wheeling...sorry about that :D. That seems to be in your neck of the woods, @Blehschmidt. Do you remember it being a wrestling town? Much time and substances have passed through me since the days of buying wrestling magazines (three-to-six months late because they were shipped, not flown, to Australian newsstands) so I could be remembering it wrong...

I do remember the WWF house shows being announced for Wheeling! That and Pittsburgh were the two closest towns. Crockett came to the Southern part of the state, but most of those would have been several hours trips. That's awesome that of all the towns to remember, it's a tiny, podunk West Virginia town that stuck with you!

It's funny, that Wheeling is only like an hour and fifteen minutes away from where I live, but when your a kid that may as well be a world away! 

1 hour ago, Coffey said:

Not putting the NXT title on Bron but putting the NXT women's title on Mandy Rose sounds like the most WWE decision-making I can possibly think of. Unbelievable.

Mandy winning it was the right decision, which makes it even more baffling that Bron lost. They did title changes aplenty, no one would mind them doing it for the main one.

6 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

I do remember the WWF house shows being announced for Wheeling! That and Pittsburgh were the two closest towns. Crockett came to the Southern part of the state, but most of those would have been several hours trips. That's awesome that of all the towns to remember, it's a tiny, podunk West Virginia town that stuck with you!

It's funny, that Wheeling is only like an hour and fifteen minutes away from where I live, but when your a kid that may as well be a world away! 

Didn't WCW do Nitros in Wheeling? I seem to recall them going there since WWE had the arena in Pittsburgh on lock and it was the biggest arena they could get in the area.

I think Scott Hall's debut was in WV too, now that I look back. 

JCP ran several shows at the Civic Arena in the 80s. In fact, a February 1987 show headlined by a Dusty Rhodes/Big Bubba Rogers cage match set a gate record for the city. In the 90s, though, all of WCW's Pittsburgh events took place at the Palumbo Center. I read somewhere that the WWF made a deal with the city's Sports and Exhibition Authority that gave them exclusive rights to the Igloo.

2 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

JCP ran several shows at the Civic Arena in the 80s. In fact, a February 1987 show headlined by a Dusty Rhodes/Big Bubba Rogers cage match set a gate record for the city

I was at that one, among others, including a show where they opened the roof (which was a rare occurrence).