Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Rampage - Nov 12 2021

Timbo Slice

I mean, honestly what more can they do at this point? The PPV is already ridiculously stacked, if you aren't already into Kenny/Hangman, Lucha Bros/FTR. Eddie/Punk, Jurrasic&Christian/Superkliq I don't know what else they can possibly give you to get you interested. 

I just view it as they would probably have been on The Buy-In. So just put it on Rampage as a filler. Which I have no issue with. You have the big PPV the next night so no need to stack this Rampage plus they are following it up with a Road to Full Gear special. So no reason to completely stack this as well.

I do wonder what's going on with Starks. I think his neck must still be having issues. Cause it's strange to me that he is on commentary and not doing anything. He must still be hurt.

Kind of a weird ending to Rampage. I guess because of the Countdown To Full Gear show they don’t have to treat it as a traditional go home show, but Matt Hardy and the Hardy Family standing tall after beating down the Best Friends just feels disconnected from everything else going on. Maybe they’ll do a follow up if Chaos shows up in AEW. 

3 hours ago, Flyin' Brian said:

Kind of a weird ending to Rampage. I guess because of the Countdown To Full Gear show they don’t have to treat it as a traditional go home show, but Matt Hardy and the Hardy Family standing tall after beating down the Best Friends just feels disconnected from everything else going on. Maybe they’ll do a follow up if Chaos shows up in AEW. 

FWIW, in a post-Rampage promo, Tony Khan pretty much teased that Chaos is coming to AEW. And we know that Okada & Ishii are currently in the States...

1 hour ago, Blehschmidt said:

No comments on the Bobby Fish/Jungle Boy match?

I thought the match was fantastic. Easily the most I have enjoyed Bobby Fish ever, and I thought it really added another impressive, high quality, hard hitting encounter to JB's growing resume.

Was watching at that point with my 10 year old son, trying to explain Jungle Boy. After me saying he’s basically like Tarzan or Mowgli from the Jungle Book my son says he doesn’t look tough enough. Lol maybe it’s the curly hair. He did laugh at the last name Fish. “He’s wrestling a Fish?”  Good match though. Glad to see Jungle Boy get a win. Superkliq probably goes over this weekend. 

4 hours ago, Flyin' Brian said:

Was watching at that point with my 10 year old son, trying to explain Jungle Boy. After me saying he’s basically like Tarzan or Mowgli from the Jungle Book my son says he doesn’t look tough enough. Lol maybe it’s the curly hair. He did laugh at the last name Fish. “He’s wrestling a Fish?”  Good match though. Glad to see Jungle Boy get a win. Superkliq probably goes over this weekend. 

I think your son is onto something.

Jungle Boy needs to transition to Jack Perry to step up to that next level IMO. The name is fine...for now. But he's not Buddy Rogers and Ric Flair where he can make something as ridiculous as "Nature Boy" (in their case) work forever. I guess the Young Bucks are the exception. It's the "Jungle" part of the name that's the real issue for Perry though, at least long-term. J.R. was onto something, whether he was doing it intentionally or not, by trying to push the Jack Perry name so hard for a while initially.

Bobby Fish is the dude's real name, but yeah, I'm surprised he didn't go through the NXT new name generator when he got there - or even before that. If anyone's name calls for a colorful wrestling pseudonym, it's Fish.