Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/29 - 12/05 PALMEIRAS REPEATS AND IS NOW A THREE TIME LIBERTADORES DA AMERICA CHAMPION

KawadaSmile

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/4/2021 at 9:22 PM, Strummer said:

So I would assume Drew/Roman has to be the plan for Mania. Honestly that seems like a bit of a letdown after all the times they worked each other in 2019 in various forms. I know the roles are reversed but still screams same old, same old

My money's on Roman v. Drew v. Brock at Mania

On 12/5/2021 at 12:18 PM, DMJ said:

Is it a known thing that Vince was courting/hoping for The Rock to work Mania and still thinks its possible or has that just been fan conjecture? I'm curious to know if at one point Vince thought it was a sure thing but is now coming to the realization that The Rock has literally nothing left to gain from doing any sort of business with the WWE? Like, the Survivor Series was basically thrown like a birthday for him that he couldn't be bothered to even tweet about, let alone do a pre-tape or appear live at. If Vince still hoping to pull that rabbit out of the hat? If so, what a bad position to be in after having now exhausted Brock/Reigns (this will be what? their 6th PPV match now?) and Cena/Reigns at SummerSlam

the belief now is they want Roman/Rock for the following year, WM 39, when Mania goes back to Hollywood. 

And people wonder why WWE booking is going nowhere and nothing matters. 90% of the year just doesn't, because the only idea they have is "Let's get Rock against Roman at Mania !". Their only goal is seemingly to get that huge Hollywood actor who used to be a huge pro-wrestling star (the last one of that magnitude), who's gonna get 50 years old (but when Goldberg is apparently an exciting prospect, what difference does it makes) and who hasn't worked in 10 years. And every passing year it's like "Yeah, the goal is The Rock at Mania" and it doesn't happen. The question is, although Dwayne still cares about his pro-wrestling fans, why in the hell would he want to do that when he's the highest paid actor in Hollywood ? What can WWE offer him that he doesn't already have, in much bigger scale ? And what does that do for the company's future apart from a gigantic Mania gate, probably followed by more cuts for "financiary reasons" (unless you're 72 years old Jerry Lawler of course, whom they resigned again despite the guy being useless for years and years and a potential PR liability) ?

No one wonders why WWE booking goes nowhere and nothing matters. It's been about 10 years now of only putting in any effort for WM season and each year that actually becomes more and more like the last 3-4 weeks before WM instead. You can probably really draw the line straight back to WM 27 and Rock's involvement.

38 minutes ago, strobogo said:

No one wonders why WWE booking goes nowhere and nothing matters. 

Well, of course, it was strictly a figure of speech. :lol:

34 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Meanwhile, in NXT...

I can't believe the foolproof combination of scantily clad women and toilet humor isn't knocking them dead in the ratings.

"That's such good shit", literally. 

Well, it is knocking them dead. Literally, too.