Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/6 - 12/12 - RAW did not happen last night I do not know what you are talking about

Timbo Slice

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBF while I never saw anything in Toni Storm in NXT/WWE, some of her stuff from prior was pretty good. The problem seems to come from WWE having no idea how to market women characters outside of "athletic (which usually just means someone who did sports in college)", "snobby bitch", or "generic create-a-wrestler". 

It's really impossible to separate Charlotte the character and person more than just about anyone in wrestling in recent years. And her booking has frequently intentionally been used to annoy fans that she gets preferential booking, so it all wraps back in on itself. It's pretty weird, really. Even if you ignore all the times she's lost her cool in the ring and semi-shot on co-workers on live tv. 

2 hours ago, strobogo said:

It's really impossible to separate Charlotte the character and person more than just about anyone in wrestling in recent years. And her booking has frequently intentionally been used to annoy fans that she gets preferential booking, so it all wraps back in on itself. It's pretty weird, really. Even if you ignore all the times she's lost her cool in the ring and semi-shot on co-workers on live tv. 

This, exactly.  Somehow, her persona has come to represent an ouroboros of everything that's wrong with modern WWE, to an extent that even eclipses Brock and Roman.  For a company hellbent on keeping "superstars" smaller than the brand itself, they sure have a way of spawning toxic egos.

Last week's Raw is on BT Sport here so thought i would watch it, first time in a while 

There is a spot where Kevin Owens has Big E in a boston crab (in a cage match?!) but during attempted escape Seth Rollins slams the door into their faces

It might be the worst spot I've saw all year. Honestly it is amateur hour these days