Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/6 - 12/12 - RAW did not happen last night I do not know what you are talking about

Timbo Slice

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

Not a fan of his work? If this is truth then TK needs to adjust his glasses asap. His style would fit like a glove in AEW.

One of my biggest knocks against Johnny Gargano was always how it felt like he was just trying to recreate old Shawn Michaels moments - but it wasn't even his fault. Because it was all very directed. Namely the trope of the shocked face that the truck has to zoom all the way in on for the facial expression for. Gargano does those all the time. And the first time I really remember it being a thing was with The Undertaker when Shawn Michaels kicked out of the Tombstone at Wrestlemania. After that, it was EVERYWHERE with EVERYONE doing it all the damn time & it's a huge pet peeve.

And then I turn on AEW & what do I see? People like Ruby Soho doing the exact same thing. 

So it seems weird that Khan wouldn't be a fan of Gargano when he's doing what AEW is already parroting anyway. 

As far as ring work goes, Gargano works that same Indie style that 90% of AEW already works, so I don't get it. How is he not a fan of Gargano but loves The Young Bucks & Adam Cole? It's the same fucking thing.

What all the WM25 shocked face copycats seem to overlook is that finishers were still heavily protected in WWE at that point and no finisher was more protected than the tombstone. In that context, a shocked reaction to a kickout was warranted. These days, everybody kicks out of everything. If anything, a shocked face should come after a finisher keeps someone down for a three-count.

It's a shame, they built  the whole match on Becky repeatedly saying Liv does nothing but fail and then the payoff yet again was the plucky babyface failing and sad facing in the ring afterwards. Yet I'm sure the lesson learned for this will be "well god damn, we can't push Liv she's a flop". 

"Smiles on faces" everyone!

23 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Like, imagine if the payoff for the Hangman angle was Kenny cheating to win and the PPV closed on angry Page fans in the crowd.  It's like WWE isn't even bothering to keep up the appearance of giving a shit about their fans at this point. 

Not unless those fans also own stock or can make new TV contracts for WWE.

RAW : all-time lowest in 18-49

NXT post Wargames : second all-time lowest in 18-49

Gotta get those TikTok stars on TV *soon*.

But wait. I do remember during the peaking years of Youtube in France, some TV channels made great offer to the biggest Youtubers to be on TV. Guess what ? It did not work. Because Youtube watchers were Youtube watchers. They did not care about the people they'd watch on Youtube on this boomer media that is TV.

I wonder what's the next panic move will be ? Bron Breaker on the main roster tomorrow ? Watch him get wasted in less time that it takes Scott Steiner to resolve a single unknown equation. (fuck, if I'm WWE I just throw him in the Royal Rumble and have him throw 15 people out)

53 minutes ago, El-P said:

(fuck, if I'm WWE I just throw him in the Royal Rumble and have him throw 15 people out)

No one in WWE is hot sans maybe Brock & Roman & even they are having people turning on them due to a prolonged push (Roman) or because they think they're kinda played out, like Brock. I certainly don't feel like Drew McIntyre or Bobby Lashley are the answer. And I like Big E but I don't exactly know how well he's catching on at the top guy.

So if no one is hot & you have no stars & no big money match to build to, I wouldn't be opposed to just hot shotting the fuck out of someone. Just have Bron win the fucking thing, why not? It would instantly make him look like a big deal, even to the non-NXT viewers & then you can start working on making a new top guy without all the back-and-forth 50/50 shit that kills so many stars before they ever get a chance. 

I would think Xavier's future probably depends if he's going to bend the knee (see what I did there) or not. All those outside projects he's doing and standing up for himself with the UUDD thing is either going to give them the ultimate respect from Vince (since he seems to only do that for folks that tell him GFY) or he'll get buried to the core of the Earth for daring to think he can be a star. 

Roman Reigns will now have main evented more Manias than anyone in the company but Hulk Hogan (and Triple H, yeah, I know how laughable that is). He won 3 out of 5 thus far (Taker, Triple H, Edge & Danielson) and will win next year in a rematch from 2018 AND 2015 (technically speaking) and also won his only non-main event match against Drew the year of Rousey.

FTR, Rock main evented 5 Manias and won only ONE time (first match against Cena). Triple H only won 3 out of 7. Micheals only won 1 out of 5 too (against Bret).

But Roman hasn't been the Man since 2015 apparently. ;) 

Yeah, honestly I have no idea how anyone can be excited about this honestly, even as the most hardcore WWE fan. Lesnar is basically the only guy left that Roman hasn't beat at Mania and they have made NO ONE over these last 7 years (Brock being a product from the old OVW anyway, alongside Cena, Orton & Batista). Well, I guess 2023 is the Rock... This has seemingly gone for ever, because really, it has.

As a longtime lurker who reveres this board and the posters who make it so enriching, I really didn't intend to break my multiyear silence only to immediately start lobbing incendiary "takes," but...

Here's Charlotte's problem: she has all the physical gifts in the world, but anytime the real life physics of a pro wrestling match result in a different outcome from what she's picturing in her head, her inability to adapt on the fly sends everything towards weirdness in a hurry.  Honestly, it seems like the problem is that she's so vain that the idea that she needs to meet her opponent halfway strikes her as preposterous - so preposterous that sometimes she feels the need to teach her opponent a lesson.  It's one thing when the opponent in question is Nia Jax, but it's quite another when she's endangering Kairi Sane's life and career.  At this rate, Charlotte's on track to have incidents like this with every woman on the roster, and as Nick Khan culls that roster further and further, familiarity will only breed greater contempt.  I've wondered whether erstwhile boyfriend Andrade suffers from the exact same problem, but I won't venture to guess what his deal is.  To some extent they remind me of Paige and ADR, but I really don't think drugs are the problem here; it's just pure ego and immaturity.

What Charlotte reminds me of most is a selfish actor whose utter lack of empathy for her fellow cast members makes every scene she's in feel leaden and self-indulgent.  I don't know if there are any "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" fans on this board, but I thought the most recent episode, "The Gang Replaces Dee With a Monkey," spoke to Charlotte's issues well.  Failed actress Dee realizes that her acting coach was ripping her off with fees when he knew she was hopeless, so she decides to start her own acting school to get in on the grift herself.  Her advice to her students reveals why she never got callbacks from auditions: it's along the lines of "the other actors are your competition, so don't react to anything they say, and recite your own lines as loudly and deliberately as possible so that everyone is forced to pay attention to you."  Does that not sound a bit like latter day Charlotte's approach to wrestling?  She's turned into Michaels in '97/'98 except worse.  At least a Soma-popping shithead is too passive to actually hurt anyone; Charlotte's purely high on her own self-regard, which makes her considerably more dangerous.

Well, there's that.  So again, hello, everyone - I promise I don't intend to brandish the flamethrower like this all the time.  I look forward to more upbeat conversations with you all in the future!  ;)