Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/6 - 12/12 - RAW did not happen last night I do not know what you are talking about

Timbo Slice

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, sek69 said:

The feeling is that Kyle is probably leaving and Gargano is probably going to stay but take some time off with the impending birth of his child. 

Everyone that knows them is very excited about Candice and Johnny having a baby boy in February as they will make great parents. Whether it be how much they trained and mentored other wrestlers. To Candice working for Disney for many years as a commercial baker so she has always made these insane birthday cakes for her nieces and nephews. 

Candice is 36 years old so having one may have not happened for her. Johnny is very close to his father who has had major heart issues over the years so giving him a grandson is a big deal for him too.

Scott Taylor leaving opens a coaching role slot open at the very least too. WWE coaches are "office" so they get benefits - namely medical coverage. 

TBH becoming a coach seems like the best possible option for Johnny too. He's smart enough to know he'll never get a fair shot on the main roster and he's clearly not a fit for the direction they want NXT to go. Getting a coaching gig is right in his wheelhouse and as stated getting the bennies is nice too. 

56 minutes ago, rovert said:

Everyone that knows them is very excited about Candice and Johnny having a baby boy in February as they will make great parents. Whether it be how much they trained and mentored other wrestlers. To Candice working for Disney for many years as a commercial baker so she has always made these insane birthday cakes for her nieces and nephews. 

Candice is 36 years old so having one may have not happened for her. Johnny is very close to his father who has had major heart issues over the years so giving him a grandson is a big deal for him too.

Scott Taylor leaving opens a coaching role slot open at the very least too. WWE coaches are "office" so they get benefits - namely medical coverage. 

So what you're saying is that it could be possible that in their latest contract offer, WWE might have offered Johnny a coaching spot at the WWE PC as he can transition out of active wrestling? Medical coverage could sure sweeten the pot for him and his family

Until you get fired of course.

O'Riley in AEW I can see, reDragons vs Young Bucks, FTR, Lucha Brothers, Jurassik Express, so much potential.

Gargano ? The roster is already saturated with really good workers. Of course I'd rather have him and Candice over some of the people over there, but really, it's not like he would be a game changer.

27 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

So what you're saying is that it could be possible that in their latest contract offer, WWE might have offered Johnny a coaching spot at the WWE PC as he can transition out of active wrestling? Medical coverage could sure sweeten the pot for him and his family

All things are possible. And I genuinely don't know. 

The main thing I've heard is just that word went around two months ago in the Cleveland area was that Tony Khan wasn't a fan of his work. 

Edited by rovert

3 minutes ago, El-P said:

O'Riley in AEW I can see, reDragons vs Young Bucks, FTR, Lucha Brothers, Jurassik Express, so much potential.

And they've already shot a slow burn angle between Fish and Adam Cole and Young Bucks on TV. You'd assume the slow-burn nature is just killing time until Kyle is free. AEW licensing Fish and O'Reilly's ROH tag team theme music "Dance Away" creates an expectation with fans also.

8 minutes ago, rovert said:

All things are possible. And I genuinely don't know. 

The main thing I've heard is just that word went around two months ago in the Cleveland area was that Tony Khan wasn't a fan of his work. 

Not a fan of his work? If this is truth then TK needs to adjust his glasses asap. His style would fit like a glove in AEW.

The best value Gargano could have had for AEW would be the symbolism of the heart of NXT jumping ship to the superior show, but then WWE kinda squashed that by redoing the whole brand. Instead of having the hottest name like Cole walk in like a megastar on day one, Johnny's spend the last few months looking like the guy at the club not aware he looks too old to be there. 

8 minutes ago, sek69 said:

The best value Gargano could have had for AEW would be the symbolism of the heart of NXT jumping ship to the superior show, but then WWE kinda squashed that by redoing the whole brand. 

Well, actually... it already had happened when Adam Cole jumped. The fact they had to bury NXT and replace it with that... thing, pretty much validates that NXT as you knew it got killed by AEW and the main star graduated to the main roster... of the opposition. Whoever follows is just a reminder of what the cool brand used to be. Job well done.

Anyways what I am interested in tonight besides the obvious is whether Cameron Grimes and LA Knight step into Kyle and Gargano's shoes. Grimes with the new look and Knight seemingly a babyface. And if the newly bald Luke Hudson rocks the Bubby Roberts/Kurt Angle wig.

Meiko Satomura last week tweeted last week she's in America. So who knows?

WWE filed to trademark Jinny's name last week. Another possible sign that she and her partner WALTER might be moving to the US. WALTER vs Bron Breakker would be a great feud in 2022.

I think both Grimes & LA can fill those roles. They got the experience and the crowd connection to make things work in those positions. I'm a bit surprised that Grimes hasn't been considered for a callup yet, as I think he's the type of character that Vince would love to have on his show.

Could they be prepping Jinny to take the spot of either Io or Raquel on the NXT brand after Mania? I wouldn't mind it at all.

Imagine having WALTER on your roster and agreeing to move to the US and you put him in your developmental league that nobody watches or gives the least amount of shit about. 

If WALTER comes over and they don't immediately put him on RAW or SD, this company really has developed an allergy to money and fan interest.

2 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

I think both Grimes & LA can fill those roles. They got the experience and the crowd connection to make things work in those positions. I'm a bit surprised that Grimes hasn't been considered for a callup yet, as I think he's the type of character that Vince would love to have on his show.

Since Happy Corbin is already doing his gimmick on the main roster, the only thing that would await Grimes on the main roster is a career killing repackaging. 

52 minutes ago, rovert said:

And if the newly bald Luke Hudson rocks the Bubby Roberts/Kurt Angle wig.

I hope so. Hair matches only really work for me if the heel loses and wears a wig and headgear to hide his baldness and the whole thing is played for comedy. Otherwise, who gives a shit? I mean, it's just hair. It'll grow back. And if it doesn't, you're better off shaving it off anyway.

2 hours ago, El-P said:

Gargano ? The roster is already saturated with really good workers. Of course I'd rather have him and Candice over some of the people over there, but really, it's not like he would be a game changer.

I see it a bit differently. ReDragon has been around for a while, it's not like Fish is getting younger and IMO he's not setting the world on fire. I don't see much room for the two of them outside of "solid in-ring hand", which is honestly something AEW has hoarded. Gargano at least has interesting character work that brings something more to the table, specially if paired with Candice  (the MVP of the two).

I feel like KOR would thrive in the good matches for the sake of good matches and who cares about storylines or promos aspect of AEW, but Gargano is a dude who has been so over exposed in every possible way that I have no interest seeing him against anyone in any company in any role for a long, long time.

9 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I see it a bit differently. ReDragon has been around for a while, it's not like Fish is getting younger and IMO he's not setting the world on fire. I don't see much room for the two of them outside of "solid in-ring hand", which is honestly something AEW has hoarded.

Could not disagree more about Fish. He's been one of my favorite things about AEW TV since the day he showed up, he's been killing it. As a tag team, there's plenty of bangers on the table for reDragons, in a company where tag team wrestling actually matters. And then, sure they are two not solid but actually great workers for the younger guys to learn from. 

Obviously Gargano would fit in AEW, there's no doubt about it. Where, is the question though. If the guy wants to settle down a bit, a coaching job is not the worst thing, especially since he can go the Serena Deeb way of coming back after a few years too.