Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - December 29, 2021

MoS

Surely a name that has been there forever, and never worked WWE oddly enough.

Last year's last show was the Brodie Lee tribute. That is also certainly a bittersweet anniversary.

So many fun multi-men matches on the card. Looking forward to Thunder Rosa vs Jade Cargill too, as it's a really a test for Jade going against an excellent worker in a meaningful match. 

This has been an awesome year for AEW. Favorite year of TV wrestling for me in 31 years.

48 minutes ago, El-P said:

So many fun multi-men matches on the card. Looking forward to Thunder Rosa vs Jade Cargill too, as it's a really a test for Jade going against an excellent worker in a meaningful match. 

I'm sure Thunder Rosa will work her ass off to make this match decent, I'm assuming this whole tournament is designed to build up Jade so the finals are what I'm going to be wondering about since Ruby Soho has not really been all that impressive IMO. 

I'm not very knowledgeable about this kind of thing:: how has AEW promoted the switch to TBS? From what I've seen it's been pretty subtle, not a lot of GUYS, WE ARE CHANGING NETWORKS" which I think is kind of needed (I remember WWE promoting for a long ass time the "homecoming" to USA Network when they switched back from Spike). Then again, maybe that sort of stuff is not necessary in 2021?

2 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

I'm not very knowledgeable about this kind of thing:: how has AEW promoted the switch to TBS? From what I've seen it's been pretty subtle, not a lot of GUYS, WE ARE CHANGING NETWORKS" which I think is kind of needed (I remember WWE promoting for a long ass time the "homecoming" to USA Network when they switched back from Spike). Then again, maybe that sort of stuff is not necessary in 2021?

They really weren't at first but really ramped it up in the last month or so. Also you have to keep in mind every time WWE changed networks it was to competing ones so they really had to hammer home the switch because the network they are leaving wouldn't.  With AEW they are just going to a sister station of the one they are on so TNT itself did ads telling people to watch on TBS starting on Jan 5. AEW hasn't had to do the hard sell as much because the TV partner is doing a bit of the heavy lifting for them. 

8 minutes ago, sek69 said:

They really weren't at first but really ramped it up in the last month or so. Also you have to keep in mind every time WWE changed networks it was to competing ones so they really had to hammer home the switch because the network they are leaving wouldn't.  With AEW they are just going to a sister station of the one they are on so TNT itself did ads telling people to watch on TBS starting on Jan 5. AEW hasn't had to do the hard sell as much because the TV partner is doing a bit of the heavy lifting for them.  

Gotcha, as I stream most of the stuff I didn't catch that.

5 hours ago, MoS said:

Maybe Jericho is retiring after his latest illness scare 

r/PoorlyAgedWords I guess

And why did Jericho feel the need to wait for Garcia to hit Santana with the ring bell before he came to save his friends? Been watching too much Monday Night Raw now that he can't sing on tour