Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite 1st TBS episode - January 5, 2022

MoS

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MoS said:

Lol no one in wrestling is "promoting another product" when they mention WrestleMania, it's a pop culture term

No it isn't. It's a WWE show. A few non-fans probably do know it as a catch-all term, but you're deep, deeper, drowning in the bubble if you think it has anything other than the barest mainstream recognition these days. 

The worst part about it is that Jericho didn't even need to be there, just send out 2.0 to be annoying until Eddie comes out to beat their asses. Jericho's bit seemed shoehorned in a way I don't ever think I  recall seeing them do before. 

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

No it isn't. It's a WWE show. A few non-fans probably do know it as a catch-all term, but you're deep, deeper, drowning in the bubble if you think it has anything other than the barest mainstream recognition these days. 

AEW fans seem to like WWE bashing. Wrestling was at its hottest when companies took shots at other companies. If anything, AEW should probably do way more of it.

3 minutes ago, C.S. said:

It's you who are deep in the wrestling bubble if you think WrestleMania means anything other than "oh yeah the wrestling thing that happens every year, Hulk Hogan and Austin and Rock used to wrestle there." No one is going to check out WWE because they heard WrestleMania somewhere

5 minutes ago, sek69 said:

The worst part about it is that Jericho didn't even need to be there, just send out 2.0 to be annoying until Eddie comes out to beat their asses. Jericho's bit seemed shoehorned in a way I don't ever think I  recall seeing them do before. 

I thought this was perfectly set up for Kingston confronting Jericho. A real missed opportunity imo. 

9 minutes ago, Loss said:

AEW fans seem to like WWE bashing. Wrestling was at its hottest when companies took shots at other companies. If anything, AEW should probably do way more of it.

This AEW fan thinks it's boring and pointless. I don't want to get into a deep argument with the owner of the board we all love, so I'll just say I'm not sure that's the reason why wrestling was at its hottest. 

Plus, what seemed "cool and edgy" 20 years ago has been done to death. 

I'm not a WWE stan by any means, but it takes me completely out of the show when they start shoehorning in "Wrestlemania" references and the like when they don't fit at all.

It made sense for Punk's first promo back. Time to move on now... 

6 minutes ago, MoS said:

No one is going to check out WWE because they heard WrestleMania somewhere

Probably not, but it's distracting as all hell (IMO).

Of course, so is Jericho's faux Attitude Era throwback character, or whatever the hell that's supposed to be.

I don't know how you think it was shoehorned when it is something essential to both Punk's character and MJF threatening to start a "bidding war" every week. 

That finish looked weird but Jade has really good wrestling instincts. She is very green but she has a lot of potential. I actually hope she isn't pushed too much as a power wrestler cuz while she looks tremendous, she doesn't seem to have a lot of functional power the way Kris Statlander or Bianca Belair have.

Just now, KawadaSmile said:

right woman won

Agreed. I thought that would be considered a hot take, but it shouldn't be IMO.

They've been building up Jade for over a year, and Ruby was - as much as we love her, let's face it - a WWE jabroni.

Much better and more compelling story to be told with Ruby falling short in both of her major AEW title matches and seeing how she can come back from that.