Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/10 - 01/16 Is this year's Rumble going to break some walls down?

KawadaSmile

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased to see Doudrop win that match. Bianca's big retribution should be at Mania, and Doudrop is both a fresh match-up and a better wrestler than Liv. Not sure how it'll work as a heel/heel match though. I suspect Becky will be the defacto face with the crowd, but you don't want to turn her before she faces Bianca again.

Also, I know this is technically last week's TV, but 205 Live is proving to be a very easy, fun watch at the moment. Last week had 3 matches in it's 30 minutes, all of which were enjoyable with even the greenest talent seeming to have some promise. I really enjoyed Jiro/Ru Feng, and the opener between Draco Anthony and Malik Blade was good in a "two green guys at an indy show who'll be really good in 2 years time" way. Weakest match was Nikkita Lyons vs Erica Yan. Yan is clearly very inexperienced, and repeated a flubbed spot awkwardly, but she's very likeable and sold well. Lyons has a great look and did a few bits that looked great, like a slingshot rolled through to a single-leg crab, feels like she'll be a star with some more polish. For a 30 minute rookie show, I thought it was good value.

5 hours ago, NotJayTabb said:

Also, I know this is technically last week's TV, but 205 Live is proving to be a very easy, fun watch at the moment.

I watched a ton of 205 Live from last year in the past few weeks, it's a fun show. It's mostly indie vet vs PC recruit, and some of them can get rough, but generally, its aĀ good show. It's also a showcase for a lot of the new people that are gonna show up in NXT. The Grayson Waller thing sort of came out of nowhere, but having watched his stuff on 205 Live, it's, like, ohĀ this dude is good and now I can see why they went with him.Ā 

On that note, having Big E lose CLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN as a whistle to Rollins fucking sucked. No reason to have Rollins lose, as he is going to challenge Roman for the belt, and no reason to have Big E lose, as cooling him down is fucking stupid. Give us a fuck finish, it is one of the rare occasions where it was the better options.

3 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

God damn, that was a killshot on par with the 1999 Rock/Billy Gunn promo. I don't know how Lashley recovers.

Brock Lesnar in Philly, doing a knock-knock jokes!? is all kinds of meta levels coming from Paul E. himself.

Yes, heā€™d still be Minnesota, but now Iā€™m envisioning young Brock in a 911 role kicking ass in ECW Arena, then stopping to cut that knock-knock joke promo on a faceless jobber heā€™s about to F5 into oblivion!