Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/14 - 03/20 Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but bad guys do

KawadaSmile

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, El-P said:

Will the WWE Universe learn that there is more than one royal family in wrestling sport-entertainment ?

I mean, Damien Priest stopped doing the Reckoning, and it was the same move as the Cross Rhodes. He's been using the Razor's Edge for a while now (:(), so it may be a sign. But on the other hand I have no idea how Rhodes would fit. I guess he would make a nice tag team with The Miz.

1 minute ago, El-P said:

Sure, the old John Morrison spot. :lol: Was worth leaving AEW... I mean, if Cody shows up and Vince doesn't push the fuck out of him, he's even more senile than we thought.

I've seen some reports on how AEW announcing his departure from the company devalued him a bit, at least in terms of getting them dollars.

Signing the EVP? Power move. But signing someone who was basically relived from his duties? Yeah, his chances of a million dollar salary drastic go down.

Still, it would be a memorable moment regardless and the money would be good but it does feel like things didn't play out the way specially Cody wanted. Look at how hyped or shocked people were just some two, three weeks ago. The iron isn't that hot anymore, it seems.  

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

The iron isn't that hot anymore, it seems.  

Things go so fast now, so yeah. Maybe TK bought ROH just to erase the Cody hype after all ! 

Of course he's gonna get a huge pop (I mean, I guess) the first time and the next few times, but I 100% trust WWE to totally fuck this up as they always do. 

BUTCH !

1 minute ago, El-P said:

Things go so fast now, so yeah. Maybe TK bought ROH just to erase the Cody hype after all ! 

Of course he's gonna get a huge pop (I mean, I guess) the first time and the next few times, but I 100% trust WWE to totally fuck this up as they always do. 

BUTCH !

I don't even think it's gonna be WWE fucking up big, given the circumstances. If he were to debut right after that shocking announcement and he had a fluff couple of months, it'd be on them. The stage was set, the iron was hot, people were losing their damn minds. He would receive a hero's welcome, and WWE would be fools to not make use of that momentum (yeah, I know).

Now, I'm not so sure. I don't see his case being the same as Keith Lee's on the main roster, for instance. After his Survivor Series showing he should have had the rocket strapped to his ass directly to a main roster program, and even when we factor in his life-threatening health scare, they didn't use that hype, as the crowd loved him so damn much even when he was BEARCAT LEE. Cody was a midcarder in WWE and it does feel like his biggest chance of rising above that level was if he got signed as soon as his departure from AEW was announced. He might get that Cesaro-like push and be occasionally tango'ing with the big boys, but those weeks deflated him and his chances of a main event push, it seems.

Would they ever have a Cody-verse in WWE? Doubt it. I cannot imagine him cutting such a jingoist promo in WWE (that role was reserved for Marine John Cena), or basically being absent for weeks after being misted by an occult leader. It's that type of weird, often pretty lame stuff that elevated his stock, much like his excellent match against Dustin.

IF they lean on him basically being Homelander - something which I feel he just followed aesthetically - it could be great. A patriotic, pro-USA character being the actual villain? Please! But when he had free-reign, there was an obvious dissonance between his vision and what the crowd wanted, and WWE plays things way too safe for their own good. 

Pete Dunne being renamed BUTCH is so fucking funny. I mean, it's as good as a name for a badass as PETE, but it's more cartoony , like one of those comic-relief bad guys on a Saturday morning show. Dude has a flat cap on top of his man bun, it just looks fucking GOOFY.

I'm a medium-sized Cody fan but him jumping ship was never going to be a game-changer and his wisest play was to get a nice big deal with a nice big signing bonus as quickly as possible.

It wasn't going to take long before Vince and most others recognized that when it's all said and done, we're still talking about Cody Rhodes here, not some wildly popular underappreciated talent  who fans saw as being "held down" (like Jericho in 99') or some international main event star finally coming to WWE (like AJ Styles) or guys like Lashley and Drew who were both McMahon pet projects when they left, had tremendous looks that Cody doesn't, and had really shut up many of their detractors with their work in Impact (Lashley's respectable MMA run didn't hurt either). Compare that to Cody and there's just not that much to get excited about after the knee-jerk reaction of "The AEW Guy Is Back in WWE." What are the big Cody "dream matches" that people are salivating for?

Even the rumored WrestleMania plan vs. Rollins reads on paper like two guys thrown together because they both need matches, not because there's some sort of "dream match" scenario going on.

34 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

LOL Cody ain't gonna appear, fellas. The Khans (as in Nick and Tony) tag-teamed him out of a bigger bag.

Then WTH is Seth doing at Mania?

Does he cheat KO out of the interview segment, and then we still somehow get a Stone Cold-KO brawl anyway?