Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/14 - 03/20 Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but bad guys do

KawadaSmile

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I wonder if WWE has any awareness of how "top star in the company has nothing to do for Wrestlemania" says more about them than the person involved.

Well, they thought they had him against Cody just a few days back still. 

Of course they are dumb enough to debut Cody not-in-Jacksonville too.

Rumors of Cody showing up at Supercard of Honor in 5... 4... 3... (you know that how it works !)

2 hours ago, El-P said:

They missed the peak already.

Yeah the best times would have been either immediately when news broke that he was leaving, or tonight in Jacksonville just for the symbolic "middle finger to AEW" aspect. Now it's been long enough that Cody's been replaced as the Hot Wrestling Topic about 5 times since, AEW had one of the most ridiculously stacked PPVs ever, and now Cody going to WWE would make him come off like a geek for leaving the hot company to go to a place where he's likely to get pushed aside when it matters for old men and celebrities.

7 hours ago, sek69 said:

Yeah the best times would have been either immediately when news broke that he was leaving, or tonight in Jacksonville just for the symbolic "middle finger to AEW" aspect. Now it's been long enough that Cody's been replaced as the Hot Wrestling Topic about 5 times since, AEW had one of the most ridiculously stacked PPVs ever, and now Cody going to WWE would make him come off like a geek for leaving the hot company to go to a place where he's likely to get pushed aside when it matters for old men and celebrities.

At this point, they should just debut him directly at Mania, that's the only way to make it really big. Showing up two weeks before with no build for the amazingly stupid "Big star X doesn't have a match at Mania" (which they had done before with Cena) angle is kinda lame. Him getting the Mania pop using his AEW theme (wait, are people gonna bitch about that one too B)) is the best way to debut him. He should beat Seth clean too and show up at the end of the show to challenge Roman. That way you show the guys in AEW that if you are a big star there and they really want you, it's gonna be worth it. If he shows up, loses and get into the mix with the likes of the Miz, then it's a waste of time.

Doing the usual between-the-lines interpretation of Dave when he talks about these sort of things, it seems like WWE wants to do with Cody what AEW did with Punk and not actually say he's coming but dropping all sorts of hints so people expect him to show up. If you notice, they kept saying "nightmare" and purposely scripted that backstage Seth promo to get the crowd to chant for Cody (and they didn't drown it out  like WWE has been known to do with chants they don't want). 

NXT 2.0 does one thing very well, which AEW has been doing for a while: they keep a healthy number of legitimate contenders for the NXT Championship, and they can keep floating between it the North American Championship without losing momentum, as they have done a solid job at elevating that title as well.

Off the top of my head, there are at least some seven guys ready for a main event program.

49 minutes ago, Dav'oh said:

Dominik is sooooooo fucked once Rey retires/leaves. He'll be the David Sammartino / David Flair of his generation.

Dominik will be fine. I think he'll come into his own as a heel.

Remember, he's still very young in the business.

The David Sammartino/David Flair comparison doesn't really fit. His first match was better than their entire careers.

Yeah Dom already has more aptitude than the others, especially since I got the impression the Davids were only in wrestling to get approval from their fathers and didn't really want to be there.   If anything, him staying in WWE and only learning The Correct Way to Work will hurt him more in the long run. He would be much better off doing an indy run, maybe a run in AAA, just to get familiar with different styles.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

he sounds unsure of himself, almost zero conviction

It's also how he follows his scripts wrestles.

He's certainly no Hook; he's not even Brock Anderson. I think he's like the Davids in that he's the worst high-profile second-generation wrestler of his era (yes, I'm including Pillman Jr (and Nicholas Cone)).

BPJ is the pits, man. Sure, you can say Dom got carried by Rollins during their feud, but Pillman had his hand held through many programs and still couldn't deliver to a decent level. Dude was out there hearing MJF talking shit about his whole family and started pandering to the fucking crowd. Terrível. 

I've seen Dom twice now live and he's over. I've mentioned it before, but at the post SummerSlam house show we went to he worked FIP against The Bloodline for a Ricky Morton-like amount of time and people were going crazy for him.

At the RAW we went to where the Mysterios vs Miz was the hottest part of the show, during the commercial break between Miz TV and the match, Dom was destroying the Miz TV set and throwing the chairs at Miz on the floor. The crowd was going apeshit into the Miz vs Dom match that Dom won.

Again, it was the best piece of business with a molten crowd I've been part of in a long time.

...so he's only really good when there's a caveat. Watch him tip-toe into the sixonenine, you can almost see his lips move as he counts his steps. He's got the body of a McDonalds employee. Easily makes a Worst Dressed List (with his dad). He's a used matchstick, personality wise .When he does his frog-splash, the crowd are popping for Eddy, not for him. If he was Dominik Kafoops, he wouldn't be over, or pushed.

The name "Dominik Mysterio" triggers me so bad. It's so dumb. Mysterio isn't Rey's last name, because Rey ISN'T A FIRST NAME TO BEGIN WITH !!!! Means KING in Spanish !!! He's not Raymond Mysterio !!!  Hijo de Rey Mysterio Jr. would sound so cool and lucha. (which of course, wouldn't fit him one bit, but hey).