Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/14 - 03/20 Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but bad guys do

KawadaSmile

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, El-P said:

The name "Dominik Mysterio" triggers me so bad. It's so dumb. Mysterio isn't Rey's last name, because Rey ISN'T A FIRST NAME TO BEGIN WITH !!!! Means KING in Spanish !!! He's not Raymond Mysterio !!!  Hijo de Rey Mysterio Jr. would sound so cool and lucha. (which of course, wouldn't fit him one bit, but hey).

This reminds of me of how Loss would lose his shit because of the extra I in IIconics. Just marvelous stuff.

12 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

This reminds of me of how Loss would lose his shit because of the extra I in IIconics. Just marvelous stuff.

For the longest time when I saw the name I wasn't sure if it was two I or a capital I and a simple l. Pretty sure me brain read "ilconics" for quite a while too !

With it being September, most of the major stadiums will be used for the football season that will have just begun so the Millennium is the best choice, I think. They would have been better off trying to schedule it for July or early August if they wanted to hit England proper. 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Seems like a huge amount of fans make it to Mania every year from the UK, one would think this wouldn't be seen as too far a drive them.

Based on comments on the F4W board, the opposite is true. They apparently consider two hours an outrageous amount of time to travel for a sports or entertainment event. I guess it's true what they say: Americans think 100 years is a long time and Europeans think 100 miles is a long distance.

7 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Based on comments on the F4W board, the opposite is true. They apparently consider two hours an outrageous amount of time to travel for a sports or entertainment event. I guess it's true what they say: Americans think 100 years is a long time and Europeans think 100 miles is a long distance.

lol damn, I've driven two hours to watch a TNA house show in Bumfuck West Virginia, two hours to see a WWE show in a big ass stadium seems like a no brainer for me. 

On 3/14/2022 at 11:02 PM, sek69 said:

I wonder if WWE has any awareness of how "top star in the company has nothing to do for Wrestlemania" says more about them than the person involved.

IDK, depending on the person, ie Kurt Angle 2001 and John Cena the year he decided to fight Taker, it can work.  

But yeah, it needs to be the right entitled weenie to be entertaining.

On 3/16/2022 at 6:33 AM, El-P said:

The name "Dominik Mysterio" triggers me so bad. It's so dumb. Mysterio isn't Rey's last name, because Rey ISN'T A FIRST NAME TO BEGIN WITH !!!! Means KING in Spanish !!! He's not Raymond Mysterio !!!  Hijo de Rey Mysterio Jr. would sound so cool and lucha. (which of course, wouldn't fit him one bit, but hey).

FWIW, this has me chuckling thinking about the “rumor” WCW put out into kayfabe about Rey and Jen Aniston being an item.

Years later Aniston was asked about it, and she was like “Oh that dumb shit that I was dating the Puzzler or something?” 

lol wrestling journalism is funny sometimes, everyone fighting to be the first to report that Cody has signed with the only other company that could pay him what he was looking for.

Like I get it, but mf'ers act like they just solved the JFK assassination. 

Not to mention Meltz on his last Raw report was totally like "Yeah, nothing has changed, Cody is gonna be at Mania against Seth".

This really is like, to the surprise of no one. Also, as much as I was curious a few weeks back, now I'm like, yeah, whatever.